User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Mar 2007, 13:25   #51
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Xp

Is there a Birmingham in Romania?
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 14:04   #52
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Yes, you live there too !
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 14:10   #53
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
After all, a battle commander would hardly be rewarded for losing troops in the real world - something not reflected by PA.
That would depend - if the alternative was total anhiliation and the commander either 1) won, or 2) defeated but was not destroyed, both would be rewarded given the overwhelming odds that s/he faced.

Plus, planetarion is hardly "real".
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 15:46   #54
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Plenty of great historical victories involved taking losses but emerging victorious despite the odds - or even losing at greater cost to the enemy. Thermopylae is the obvious example.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 15:59   #55
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Well ultimate newbie, my point was the first sentence of my post, and this is what should be discussed.

Everyone just posts loads of crap in these threads, rather than discussing solutions to XP.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2007, 21:40   #56
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
Thermopylae is the obvious example.
Thermopylae is an example of using the natural landscape to limit your opponents advantage well decreasing yours. I fail to see how that at all relates to people suiciding fleet with no skill or thought other than hey I gain score. The battle of Thermopylae was a well planed tactic to hinder not stop a gargantuan army, perhaps it would be the PA equivalent to having a an fi attacker send himself into a ZIK to take out his rogues so the following waves could land for less loses or something. To think of XP in it’s current form as anything remotely close to skillful is a joke. Historically I would say XP is more like the Russians in WW2 that mindlessly sent wave after wave of men at superior German troops until they literally ran out of bullets.

BTW it was 300 Spartans and 5000 Greek allies in the pass with 1000 allies blocking the goat pass as well as the entire Athens navy blocking the Persian navy from sailing in behind to encircle the people holding the pass. The movie although excellent uses very little from historical fact.
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 12:04   #57
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

As I proposed in earlier rounds: make an xp for defence as well where you can get similar score boosts - calced in a similar way for "saved" roids - as for the attacks, and get rid of value in the score altogether. Value only as the tool to get you xp. This will also encourage people to more activity.

This means also if people have an artificial low score with a small fleet, they might rather create xp for others then for themselves when they attack..
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 22:50   #58
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

A way to help reduce XP and stop bashing is to A) remove the bash limits and B) allow XP to be lost for bashing. Eg if you attack a planet below your bash level, you lose XP, and if you attack planets above it your XP increases.

In fact, based on this you could make XP a multiplier rating of value, which increases/decreases based on your target choice. Rather than being accumulative. You could then cap it out at a maximum if neccessary. Perhaps XP as a max = 3000 and as a minimum 1000. So if you have an XP rating of 3000, your value is multiplied by 3. If you attack small planets, your XP rating could drop to say 2500, then your value is only multiplied by 2.5

This would fix a lot of things
________
HOME MADE VAPORIZER

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:26.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2007, 23:40   #59
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileman
A way to help reduce XP and stop bashing is to A) remove the bash limits and B) allow XP to be lost for bashing. Eg if you attack a planet below your bash level, you lose XP, and if you attack planets above it your XP increases.

In fact, based on this you could make XP a multiplier rating of value, which increases/decreases based on your target choice. Rather than being accumulative. You could then cap it out at a maximum if neccessary. Perhaps XP as a max = 3000 and as a minimum 1000. So if you have an XP rating of 3000, your value is multiplied by 3. If you attack small planets, your XP rating could drop to say 2500, then your value is only multiplied by 2.5

This would fix a lot of things
I don't know if it was you who posted this idea in that other thread, but I REALLY like it. I'd say XP should go from 0.5 to 2, and then work as you said. Of course it should be really hard to reach 2 or 0.5. Let's say you reach 0.5 when you only attack people with half your value. You reach 2 when you only attack people twice your size.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2007, 00:58   #60
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough

to add to my proposal:

have def-xp come along with a fixed bravery factor of maybe 1 or 1.5 so the big value planets can grow score with it.
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote