User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 8 Oct 2008, 14:36   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Basic / Premium account differences - Round 29

To remove some of the confusion around this issue, I'll try and explain the differences between these accounts (also known as free/upgraded accounts) from Round 29 onwards.

Basic accounts are much improved on previous rounds. They have full access to Population, Government, Buddy Packs, History and Journal pages (they can also save news items, and so on). They have no research limits or construction limits.

When you use a credit to upgrade your account to a premium account, you get the following bonuses:

-No adverts
-A one-off bonus of some combination of resources, asteroids, construction units and research points
-Half price exiling between galaxies
-A wider selection of skins to choose from
-Being able to stay inactive for twice as long in a galaxy whilst being 'unwanted' by it.
-Being distributed with the other upgraded planets at shuffle time

The upgrade bonus needs some explaining, as it is different to current rounds, where a planet would receive a one-off resource boost.

-To upgrade, a player purchases a credit and upgrades their planet as normal
-Once upgraded, the player is asked to select their upgrade bonuses
-The player can choose between a resource boost and an asteroid boost
-The player can choose between a construction unit boost and a research boost
-The player can choose these bonuses at any time after upgrading. The bonuses all increase tick by tick until being selected
-Once the player has chosen between these options, the resource/asteroid bonus is IMMEDIATELY allocated to the account
-The research/construction bonus can be allocated to specific researches/constructions as the player requires, but the bonus amounts do not increase after selection

The precise bonuses are as follows:

Code:
Type                 Start Bonus   Additional Bonus Per Tick
Each Resource Type   5000          4000
Each Asteroid Type   3             1 (per 10 ticks)
Research Points      2000          20
Construction Units   1000          15
As an example of allocating Construction Units, if you select your bonus at tick 300, you get 1000+300*15 = 5500 construction units.
You can use this to gain 5 free constructions, assuming your current research allows it. You can also allocate the remaining 500 construction units to your current construction, if you have one. The allocation of constructions can be done as required as many times as you wish, until the bonus is gone.

The allocation of research points works in a similar way. However, you can use the research points to partially complete researches rather than to complete one or two researches.

If you ever want to reset your planet, you can re-select the bonuses if you have already upgraded your account.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 8 Oct 2008 at 14:56.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2008, 19:02   #2
bitesize

bitesize is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Basic / Premium account differences - Round 29

i assume someone has worked out when are the best time to do the swaps...

please let me know :-)
bitesize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2008, 20:46   #3
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

so lemme get this straight, if i choose the resource type and lets say i leave it untill tick 1000 i would get 4000*1000 = 4mil of each?
so i can wipe out an unsuspecting attacker?
Unread 9 Oct 2008, 20:52   #4
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

You would wipe out your attacker with 120k extra value in ships?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2008, 21:13   #5
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

depends on scenario no?
Unread 9 Oct 2008, 21:34   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At tick 1000? Yeah man, good luck with that!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 02:53   #7
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
any chance of that counting for exiles too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 03:02   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

so basically, people will be paying to have a bigger value/score at the end of protection ?
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 09:00   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_posi View Post
any chance of that counting for exiles too?
the exile system takes a planet and places it in a galaxy with relatively fewer planets in it. It doesn't do anything else
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairypalms View Post
so lemme get this straight, if i choose the resource type and lets say i leave it untill tick 1000 i would get 4000*1000 = 4mil of each?
so i can wipe out an unsuspecting attacker?
Yes, if you want.
However, if you used it earlier, you might get more ships that'd allow you to get more asteroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
so basically, people will be paying to have a bigger value/score at the end of protection ?
If they decide to select their bonus by the end of protection, but yes, paying will give you an edge over a basic planet.
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 09:04   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
You would wipe out your attacker with 120k extra value in ships?
By the way, that only has a chance of succeeding if they don't scan you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 11:24   #11
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
i am not sure if i got that right, so we end with galaxies full on payed accounts while other galaxies have only free accounts ???

pls correct me as i hope i am wrong here

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 11:27   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i am not sure if i got that right, so we end with galaxies full on payed accounts while other galaxies have only free accounts ???

pls correct me as i hope i am wrong here
Yes, apologies.

At the shuffle, buddy packs are created, then premium accounts are randomly added across the galaxies, then basic accounts are randomly added across the galaxies.
This is what I was trying to describe
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 12:38   #13
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yes, apologies.

At the shuffle, buddy packs are created, then premium accounts are randomly added across the galaxies, then basic accounts are randomly added across the galaxies.
This is what I was trying to describe
I don't see any advantage here for payed accounts?
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 12:54   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

There isn't. It just helps ensure there's an approximately equal number of paid and free planets in each galaxy.

P.S. I'm not buying into this "premium account" and "basic account" terminology.
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 17:35   #15
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

So if your not in a bp you can better upgrade your account after shuffle then?
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 20:44   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Hey that's a pretty good idea

I should've thought of that.
Unread 11 Oct 2008, 19:26   #17
Carpathia

Carpathia is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sooooooooo underwhelmed by the significance that I may well elect a free account over a paid account. The incentives are much greater than paid, even though the cost of a paid account is next to nothing compared to what I lost in the stock market the last hour.
Carpathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2008, 16:38   #18
bitesize

if i use some of my construction bonus up but save a little, will i still get 15 additional points per tick??? or the remaining fraction of additional points of my remaining construction bonus... if you catch my drift...
Unread 12 Oct 2008, 16:57   #19
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

As far as I understand you have to spend all of your bonus at once.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2008, 17:47   #20
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

When you chose your bonuses you will get the amount calculated with the formula Appocomaster posted longer above.

When you have chosen you wount get more.

You dont need to use your bonuses right away, you can just use a little if you want to.
And then use the rest later
Unread 12 Oct 2008, 18:24   #21
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

So you don't carry on getting the bonus after you have chosen ie 20 res points a tick?

Otherwise i don't see alot of point in paying at all

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired

Last edited by Vladel; 12 Oct 2008 at 18:30.
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 14:22   #22
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel View Post
So you don't carry on getting the bonus after you have chosen ie 20 res points a tick?

Otherwise i don't see alot of point in paying at all
No, you don't carry on getting a bonus.

Hooray, the game is actually playable for free planets o//
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 14:47   #23
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpathia View Post
I am sooooooooo underwhelmed by the significance that I may well elect a free account over a paid account. The incentives are much greater than paid, even though the cost of a paid account is next to nothing compared to what I lost in the stock market the last hour.
You can always take that route and then if, around tick 600, you happen to want a few ticks of resources (2.4 mil of each) or to finish off a few researches with 14k research points, you can.

I know that as many people will upgrade to get rid of the ads for work (and to get the spreadsheet skin, or in fact any apart from the 2-3 basic skins), rather than the resource/research etc boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
No, you don't carry on getting a bonus.

Hooray, the game is actually playable for free planets o//
We have made some effort to make this true (free planet won r20, etc). But yes, now it's a lot more true
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 14:49   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Which are the 2-3 basic skins?
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 14:54   #25
Appocomaster
PA Team

Currently Round 23 (default), Text Only and Mars (Mars being the possible 3rd)
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 15:19   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Woo! No upgrade for mz then!
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 16:33   #27
frozendust

frozendust is an unknown quantity at this point

and what about queuing construction?
Is that also possible in the free-account?
frozendust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 16:55   #28
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

At least they do in the current Beta (no upgraded planets...we're all using freebies)

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 23:42   #29
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

This should work out nicely, I hope that at the very least it will bring us over the 2k player mark.

Almost makes me regret buying those extra credits last round, at least they will help me get a bit more of a backup strategy.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2008, 16:25   #30
frozendust

frozendust is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I know that as many people will upgrade to get rid of the ads for work (and to get the spreadsheet skin,

hehe :-p,

it's a real cool skin, everybody is always thinking you are working on excell.. I'm not gonna wait long.
frozendust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2008, 17:29   #31
bitesize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire View Post
You dont need to use your bonuses right away, you can just use a little if you want to.
And then use the rest later
will i get added bonus on the "And then use the rest later"

????
Unread 15 Oct 2008, 17:45   #32
bitesize

oo oo - what effect does government and engineers have on the research or construction points in relation to using one of these new upgrade tools?

eg say i have a res with 2400 RP, but i have 50% enginnering - does this m,ean that my RP is 1200? and so i would only use up 1200 of my 2k research points first tick?
Unread 20 Oct 2008, 07:47   #33
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

Is there going to be a possibility to pick the bonuses seperatly? Atm you need to pick them both at the same time.
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2008, 09:06   #34
Appocomaster
PA Team

nope