User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:41   #1
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
hey guys, advise me

I really can't be bothered continuing with my AS/A levels at college, should I drop out or should I continue? I've no idea what I want to do after college, no specific job interest, etc.. Is there any point my carrying on?

ps, I'm doing maths, media & computing, and probably could pass them all quite well
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:44   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: hey guys, advise me

Come and work for me.

But only if you bring cats.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:45   #3
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've got a gimpy dog, will he do?

edit: all may cats have been stolen mother ****er
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:45   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Drop out

If you want to be a looooOOOOOoooooooser!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:46   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Carry on doing them.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:46   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you absolutely want out of the education system I'd at least stay on to get A-Levels, you can still get by without a degree these days but without A-Levels you're starting to close doors that might otherwise be open to you.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:47   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Why the fk stop? How many years have you done this study? How many years you still have to go?
If you still have to go a year, or two, I'd say you should continue. School usually gets a bit better towards the end.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:49   #8
mbushell

I'm half way through my AS levels, it's not that it's shit, it's that I can't see any point apart from working towards a better job, when tbh I really don't give a shit where I end up.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:50   #9
bell

bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont drop out. I did when i was 16 and its took me pricely 9 years to get back off my arse and into further education again ffs,......

I should be a fecking graduate by now
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:52   #10
bell

bell is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbushell
I'm half way through my AS levels, it's not that it's shit, it's that I can't see any point apart from working towards a better job, when tbh I really don't give a shit where I end up.
Wanna buy this bag of smack
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:54   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
University is damn easy. I found A-levels to eb the hardest thing I've ever done. However once you get on the other side you can jsut doss through University. So stick with them.
You were pre-AS/A2 though. A-levels are relatively easier than GCSE, probably.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:54   #12
mbushell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell
Wanna buy this bag of smack
sure but i cant pay in cash
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:55   #13
mbushell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You were pre-AS/A2 though. A-levels are relatively easier than GCSE, probably.
I can't see how anything can be easier than GCSEs, but then again ive not been tested yet
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:56   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbushell
I can't see how anything can be easier than GCSEs, but then again ive not been tested yet
It's more likely to be difficult, because the person taking them may not have an aptitute in the relative subject, whereas anyone taking an A-level subject they're not good at is a moron.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 14:57   #15
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

DO NOT GIVE UP SCHOOL

it is so much ****ing harder trying to do it when you are my age and have to work to pay the bills and all that crap at the same time

loaf around at college getting your parents to pay for you for as long as you possibly can
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 15:05   #16
mbushell

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
loaf around at college getting your parents to pay for you for as long as you possibly can
that's what I did at high school, and am doing now at college, but could this just be time I could use to stock up some cash
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 15:24   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll join the chorus of people saying "Don't quit". Unless you've got a good reason (e.g. a plan) there's no reason.

You can always not immediately apply for Uni if you're sick of studying when you get to that point.

Work also sucks, so as Madi says, avoid it as long as possible. You'll have to probably do it for at least 40 years, so why rush to start?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 15:34   #18
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

don't quit if it isnt crap. I dropped out of school during AS down to it being shit, I wish Id stayed but I doubt if of got much out of it
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 15:51   #19
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You might as well finish your AS-levels at the very least, since there's only another three or four months left till the summer holidays so it would be a bit pointless to drop out now. Wait till you get the results for the exams you did in January (if you did any) and then make a decision whether to drop-out at the end of the year or not.
That way if you still want to drop out you'll have a few months to figure out what to do next.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 15:59   #20
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

With everyone and their dog having degrees these days, you're going to want to get SOME qualifications. Just GCSEs won't get you far, unless you're very lucky, or very talented.
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 16:16   #21
mbushell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammers
did a computing exam in jan, I may do this, see how it goes in AS and then reconsider
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 16:40   #22
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i nearly did that but i couldn't be arsed to drop out and i went to uni and ti was good so i'm good
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 16:45   #23
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
i nearly did that but i couldn't be arsed to drop out and i went to uni and ti was good so i'm good
emphasis

I'm still at uni, terminally apathetic, but at least i get some work done.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote