User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Nov 2003, 21:00   #1
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts
Fifa 2004

is it good enough to buy and spend 40 quid on???
is it much of an improvment???
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 21:10   #2
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Fifa 2004

only if you don't already own a fifa game and can afford to waste 40 quid
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 12:25   #3
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

thanks for the short review

and that was my sig.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 12:37   #4
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

whenever a new fifa game is comes out it has a 'brand new system' that makes it better than the previous year's version, but it doesn't and you'll just be paying 40 quid to some guy who went through the game and edited the team rosters
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 12:40   #5
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

i hope they have worked on the through passes, they were terrible on fifa 2003

and that was my sig.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 12:45   #6
mbushell

i remember hitting enter and watching a dude run twenty yards offside and then asking for the ball (but since the referees are blind it doesnt really matter)
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 12:52   #7
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

lol - i actually laughed out loud and got a couple of funny looks.

also the camera seemed to stutter.
my goalies ran halfway up the field for no particular reason at all.
tackling was terrible, the advantage was never played when you were on through with another player

and that was my sig.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:10   #8
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Get PES3 instead.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:15   #9
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

no names.
david Feckham
alan Shaver
thierry Penry
Dickoff
Muzzie Is It?

hehe quite funny aint it?
no really PES is ok but i prefer to play with commentry that goes a bit further than 'Hes got the ball' being shouted every few minuites. id also like to play with the real names.

and that was my sig.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:19   #10
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

No camera angle problems
No goalies running halfway up the field for no particular reason at all.
No tackling problems

etc...

Although I agree that the commentary is appaling, easy solution is to just turn it off ofc. The player names don't really bother me that much tbh.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:20   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Play striker on the SNES. It has real names (from 1992) and you can edit them!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:24   #12
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

excellant!! /sarcasm

and that was my sig.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:25   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't mock striker. It's one of the best football games ever made.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:28   #14
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

hmm i bet, i will go and buy it now

and that was my sig.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:29   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Do you have a snes?
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:32   #16
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

no

and that was my sig.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:42   #17
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

International Superstar Soccer Delux > *
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:58   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
International Superstar Soccer Delux > *
On the snes? You are correct. Probably best football game to date, although sensible soccer and striker run it close

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 13:59   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

My god the dutch were immense in the original ISS, especially Jurgen, who had top stats in everything except stamina, which was really low.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:04   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i always went brazil and my brother always went argentina. It was merely a question of gomez vs capitale.

Gomez guarenteed 2 or 3 wondergoals a game, capitale was pretty much a sure bet for a goal from any corner

Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:06   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I preferred Holland in a 4-3-3 formation

[edit]

Although the game I played the most (multiplayer) was Super Mario Kart
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:10   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

me too.

Me and a friend back at home for the last year played it every monday

Battle course 4

First to ten victories wins

Each "game" won, gets you a "point"

Ten points wins a set.

I won the first set 10-6, currently im leading 7-5 in the second

Thats.. a hell of a lot of mariokart

Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:15   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

A few years back, one of my friends and I used to play 150cc Special Cup a lot, and race to victory!
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:17   #24
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

ive only one that cup once but it was probably the pinnacle of my computer gaming life

Even better, i taped it. Damn that cup was hard, the first race was just killer. I was ecstatic if i finished fourth in three attempts

Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:18   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The first course was by far the worst; the ghost valley was a good track though.

We also did Mushroom 150cc, so there was less computer player interference.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 17:17   #26
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
except for the fact that all you had to do to score (outdoors) was run straight towards the goal, pick the right point inside the semi-circle on the edge of the box, press shoot and watch it loop over the keeper every time. Or indoors, hit just inside one of the posts, straight down from when your keeper gives it to you, and you score again.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 21:53   #27
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova9
except for the fact that all you had to do to score (outdoors) was run straight towards the goal, pick the right point inside the semi-circle on the edge of the box, press shoot and watch it loop over the keeper every time. Or indoors, hit just inside one of the posts, straight down from when your keeper gives it to you, and you score again.
This is true, however, you seen learned to play as the keeper yourself, and thus prevent those exceedingly shit goals going in all the time.

In regards to football games, I never did see the fascination with Sensible Soccer, infact, in my opinion, it was shit.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 21:58   #28
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

PES 3 pisses on Fifa like never before. The pinnacle of Console Football Games.

EA Milking a license for all its worth instead of producing a top quality game.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 22:15   #29
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why would you care if a game had real player names

edit: olympic soccer on the PSX is probably the best post-sensi football game, although that bizarro adidas soccer thing was also good (as was PUMA world football)

Fifa has always sucked
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 22:31   #30
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
olympic soccer
i own 2 football games total - that and this 7 quid Chris Kamara three-a-side thing

i once lost 24-0 on olympic soccer

go go gadget OG
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 01:19   #31
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sensible Soccer on the Amiga was probably the best football game ever on anything , and I've been playing computer football games since they were pong with an extra bat.

Currently I'm playing PES3, trying to get the damn superstar teams on which must be hidden in there somewhere. If you've experienced the control/gameplay of the PES series (going back to ISS Deluxe), you can never find FIFA acceptable. It has the team/player license (which shouldn't be exclusive to one game) but very little else to recommend it (and you can get an addon disc to change all the player names in PES3 if that sort of thing is so important to you)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 01:26   #32
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

TIF has the player / team licence as well. Not a bad game
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 01:32   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
TIF has the player / team licence as well. Not a bad game
TIF is terrible. TIF 2003 was even worse (if thats at all possible)
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 03:32   #34
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

Michael Owen World League Soccer 1999.... that had the player licences and stuff... and thats pretty much all it did have, which is why another one was never released thank god
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 03:48   #35
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Sensible Soccer on the Amiga was probably the best football game ever on anything , and I've been playing computer football games since they were pong with an extra bat.
I really dont see the fascination with Sensible Soccer. I realise it was supposed to be mindless and fun and stuff, but banging in goals endlessly from around the halfway line was dull as ****. Maybe I'm missing something, anybody care to explain what exactly they see in sensible soccer.

ps. Tatio Football 93 or whatever in the arcades was a winner too.
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 03:54   #36
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

Don't buy Fifa 2004. The gravity is almost 5% out from reality - what are we to believe they play in some 'magic' place where balls fall slower than normal?
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 04:43   #37
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri

i cannot even begin to count the many many hours of enjoyment ive had from striker.

the skill involved was immense.
infact its probably the best footy game ive ever played.

ever

It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 05:05   #38
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I really dont see the fascination with Sensible Soccer. I realise it was supposed to be mindless and fun and stuff, but banging in goals endlessly from around the halfway line was dull as ps. Tatio Football 93 or whatever in the arcades was a winner too.
stop being a fag you fag
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 05:46   #39
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ISS 64 rocked so ****ing much.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 10:35   #40
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
stop being a fag you fag
I'm so glad you were able to clear that up for me Gordon, your wonderful insights on the true genius of Sensible Soccer will stick with me always.

:****:
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 11:16   #41
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

I still play SWOS and until a few years ago downloaded update packs every week . Ps go swos 97/98 wrexham
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 13:06   #42
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

PES3 has alot more correct names this time around, and also the commentry has been vastly improved with things like

Player names in commenty :"Henry, to bergkamp"
better sayings: "Oh is it a penalty, NO! its just outside the box, but with the players in this team its almost like a penalty" {or something similar}

They even argue witht herefs decisions.

Also its more realistic than ever, which makes it good (tho its way harder than PES2).
You really feel proud when you score a goal to clinch the game.

Also I heard that after a few days of FIFA 2004's release sum guy had made a patch to make realism better, improved ball physics etc. So WTF were FIFA doing all this time? It seems they care more to get the players face just looking right than improving gameplay.

I am a PES fan tho, always have been. Only owned one FIFA game, but played most of them, still prefer PES & ISS.

BASICALLY IF U LIKE FIFA GAMES GET FIFA, IF U LIKE PES GET PES. IF YOU DON'T KNOW RENT THEM AND DECIDE
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 13:58   #43
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
ISS 64 rocked so ****ing much.

Assuming thats the same shit version of it i played, where one of the buttons is an automatic through ball.

Unread 9 Nov 2003, 14:28   #44
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

the one where you can only run in a straight line... the one where you have to be about 6 yards out to score a goal at full pelt, and the one where the keepers are forever suspended in the air when diving to save a shot?
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 15:02   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I liked ISS on the SNES.

Mmmm diving headers on the goal line.
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 20:05   #46
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

i think ill rent them both

and that was my sig.