User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 06:16   #1
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
The Revenant Project

/ooc Since ND is, as ever, a lazy b*tch, and TSW is still not quite ready for postage yet, I have decided to post this little gem that I dug out of the back of meh head. Props go to Zone of the Enders 2 for inspiring this thread. ooc/

Time to planetfall for the Federation forces?

T-minus one day, fifteen hours, and thirty-seven minutes at their fleet's current approach velocity, General.

Good. They're just in time then. Do tell the Captain not to kill all of them upon landing, hmm?

Yes sir.

The year is 2512. Over the past hundred years, humanity has slowly spread across the galaxy under the banner of the Earth Federation. Thus far, a total of ten solar systems have been colonized, all of them within fifteen light years of Earth.

Despite the fact that the Earth Federation is primarily a democratic government, with equal representation for all worlds, numerous charges have been leveled against Earth recently for ruthlessly exploiting its colonies. Foremost amongst these protestors were the colonies of the Alpha Centuri system, the first of Earth's many colonies.

In the year 2510, negotiations for a more favorable trade deal between Earth and Alpha Centuri were coming to a close. Not everyone was apparently satisfied with the deal however, as a violent uprising sprang into being almost overnight on Centuri Primus, the capital of the Alpha Centuri system. When the dust settled, it was discovered that the Alpha Centuri government had been usurped by a military coup, led by Brigadier General Marthus Vickson, head of the Alpha Centuri militia.

Claiming that the current government had been collaborating with Earth officials under the table for deals that would only benefit themselves, General Vickson declared martial law and announced that the Alpha Centuri system would be seceding from the Earth Federation.

Although stunned by the rapid turn of events, the Earth Federation government was quick to react, citing General Vickson a megalomaniac and a traitor. The Federation Space Force immediately prepared to send a fleet through the local Earth-Alpha Centuri jumpgate, which allowed near-instanteous travel between systems. However, they soon discovered that prior to assaulting Alpha Primus, General Vickson had sabotaged the jump-gate, allowing communications, but not ships, to travel through.

This did not mean that Alpha Centuri was cut off, however, as it was still connected to the Sirius system by another jump gate. Federation Space Force officials naturally thought that this would mean that all they had to do was redirect the Federation 2nd Fleet around to the Sirius system, then enter the Alpha Centuri system that way. Unfortunately, General Vickson had yet another surprise in store for the Federation.

Only a few short weeks after Alpha Centuri announced its secession, Sirius followed suit. What was once a simple military revolt was rapidly escalating into a civil war. Earth's exploitive policies in the past soon came back to haunt it, as yet another two star systems declared their independence from Earth. The Earth Federation could not afford to let all four star systems secede without a fight, however, and so began the Secession War.

Two years of bitter fighting have passed, with heavy casualties on both sides. Now, however, it looks like the Secessionist might have gained the upper hand. In a daring raid, Secessionist forces have seized Luyten Four, home to the chief research facilities of the Earth Federation. It is your job to take that research planet back.

------------------------

This thread will be a freeform military sci-fi thread, much along the same lines as ND's infamous Marines. Once we get a decent amount of people in the thread, I will start the action. For now, however, you lot can provide me with the following things:

Name:
Rank (nothing above 1st Lieutenant):
Planet of Origin (this is optional, although there are ten systems to choose from: Earth/Sol, Alpha Centuri, Sirius, Luyten, Barnard's Star, Procyon, Ross, Wolf, Rigil, Lalande).
Class: Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Support (yup, you're all grunts for this one. :-p )

I'll get back to you if I need anything else before thread start. :-p

now then, get to posting, b*tches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 13:31   #2
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Revenant Project

Name: Dylan Reed
Planet of Origin: Rigil
Class: Infantry

Equitment
SMG(i love halo 2)
Knife(go gurka)
Extra ammo:grenades
Inffra vision goggles

Last edited by mrmao; 29 Nov 2004 at 04:00.
mrmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 15:52   #3
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Research Facility eh? Bio Marines, anyone? :eek:

Name: Alfred Joseph "Fluffie" Warren
Rank: Not that high, eh. Not the lowest either, eh? 'Cause that'd be all like "Eh, what's that all aboot?". Got that, Mist4r Inspectre?
Planet of Origin: Earth

Our lovely Fluffie has always been kind of (extremely) pro-Earth, deeming it to be the best since, after all, it was where he was born. And how can anything where he was born be bad, then? Eh? Damn those f00kin' ungrateful colonies! So it's about time someone decent joined the Armed Forces and taught those offworld bitches who's the man, yay!
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 15:55   #4
Spritely Zombie
Gokan Re... Um... undead?

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Name: James Kihei
System of Origin: Luyten
Spritely Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 17:00   #5
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Name: Gideon J'Kar
Rank 1st Lieutenant
Planet of Origin: Alpha Centauri
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 17:50   #6
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

I'm sueing you for plagiarism.

Edit: But first I'm going to make a character.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 18:20   #7
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Name: Incom Morgan
Planet of Origin: Earth
Class: Heavy Infantry
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 19:33   #8
No Dachi

Name: No Dachi

Planet of Origin: Earth, spent most of his teenage years living in a mining complex on Mars where his family worked.

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 20:41   #9
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

i sees my name :eek:
name: Mad cat
planet: earth
class: infantry
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:06   #10
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Everyone

Characters are all approved. You're good to go.

Mad Cat

Except you. See, I typed right next to rank "nothing above 1st Lieutenant". However, I will allow you to keep that rank, if you wish to command a unit of men on the Seccessionist side (the bad guys).

The rest of you are part of the 442nd Helljumpers, an elite group of special ops soldiers that have made quite a name for themselves by securing dangerous targets ahead of the main force. And today you get your chance to continue that reputation.

Ranks: (for those that don't have them)

Fluffie - Master Corporal (you like being above Mr. Dachi, yes? :-p )
Bakan - Sergeant

Unit Organization:

(All of you will be a part of Charlie Company)

442nd Helljumpers - Major Juan Rodriguez

Alpha Platoon - Captain Jordan Sampson

Squad A
Squad B
Squad C
Squad D

Bravo Platoon - Captain Robert King
Squad A
Squad B
Squad C
Squad D

Charlie Platoon - Captain Claire Reynolds

Squad A - 1st Lieutenant Gordon Freeman
Squad B - 1st Lieutenant Gideon J'kar (Ryon)
- Private Dylan Reed (mrmao)
Squad C - Master Sergeant James Kihei (Spritely Zombie)
- Master Corporal Alfred Joseph "Fluffie" Warren (Fluffie)
- Corporal No Dachi (No Dachi)
Squad D - Sergeant Incom Morgan (Bakan)

Delta Company - Captain William Smith

Squad A
Squad B
Squad C
Squad D

-------------

0215 Hours
March 4th, 2512
Drop Cruiser Aquarius
Approaching Luyten Four

The Drop Bay of the Aquarius was, as usual, quite cramped. With the entire 400-man company packed into it's long, but narrow, confines, the drop bay was hardly the place to hold a briefing, but Major Rodriguez always did believe in efficiency.

"Alright, everyone, this is it. The Aquarius is about to enter orbit around Luyten Four. Sensors have detected a large number of ground-to-orbit missile batteries set up, with more of them under construction. Evidently the Seccessionists plan on staying here. Well, it's our job to convince them to leave. But until we destroy those missile batteries, our main force won't be able to land safely. So, we're being sent in to take those batteries out, with the secondary objective of stopping those d*mn Seccessionists from getting anymore of our research data. The current plan is to land our forces near to the coast of the main continent, and then advance inward towards the main research complex, destroying any missile batteries that we find along the way. With any luck, we'll have torn a large enough hole in the Seccessionists' orbital defense grid to allow reinforcements to be sent in to held us hold the research complex. If we don't well . . . let me say that it was a pleasure to serve with all of you. But I for one don't intend to die on this God-forsaken planet, so don't f*ck up, understand!!?"

"YES SIR!!!" the assembled troops shouted back, and then began to make preparations to be dropped down onto the planet via drop pods. Alpha Platoon would be the first to be launched, followed by Bravo, then Charlie, and finally Delta. With the relatively advanced technology on-board the Aquarius, the entire process would take less than ten minutes from start to finish. With any luck, only a handful of missile batteries down on the surface would have acquired target locks by that time, which would be managable for the Aquarius to defend against via counter-measures and point-defense.

/ooc Since none of you are members of Alpha Company, you have several minutes to get re-acquinted with your weapons and fellow Platoon members. Do as you wish, combat is likely to get started once everyone has posted, or tomorrow, whichever comes first. ooc/

Available Weapons: (Since none of you picked Support, I won't bother with their load-outs)

Infantry

Main Weapon Pick one

Assault Rifle - Your typical, well-rounded infantry weapon. Not the best weapon for close-quarters, however.
Sniper Rifle - Reach out and touch someone, or at least kill them.
Shotgun - The close-combat weapon of choice.
Sub-machine gun - A well-rounded weapon, similar to the assault rifle, but slightly shorter in optimal firing range. The only main weapon that can be wielded with one hand.

Secondary Weapon Pick one

Pistol - Typical side-arm of officers and grunts alike. Generally only used by grunts in emergency situations though.
Knife - Made out of high-quality steel, this weapon makes a decent weapon against unarmored targets, either in throwing or up-close stabbing. A very skillful user could probably take down an armored target with it up-close. It's also extremely quiet.
Grenades - Yes, every infantryman's favorite. Comes in bandoliers of 5.

Equipment Pick two

Extra Ammo: Primary - Extra clips for your primary weapon. A wise choice if you think you're about to enter heavy combat, and you think I'm goign to be a b*stard. :-p
Extra Ammo: Secondary - More pistol clips. Again, a wise choice if you think I'll be *ssholish towards you in combat about running out of ammo.
Extra Ammo: Grenades - Yes, another belt of 5 Grenades.
Smoke Grenades - Useful for moving across open ground, and you don't want to be shot.
Flash-bang Grenades - Typical grenade used in urban combat situations, where you know someone bad is in the next room, and you don't want to deal with them on even terms.
Night-Vision Googles - Good for hunting peeps at night, duh. :-p
Infra-Vision Googles - Smoke grenades, darkness, and even cowering behind a thin wall are fairly useless tactics for the enemy to use if you have these: you'll still see them. Nowhere near as easy to make out details with than the Night-Vision googles however.
Silencer: When you want to be quiet, use this to silence one of your guns.

Heavy Infantry

Primary Weapon Pick one

Mini-gun: The weapon of choice for single-handedly taking on a small army.
Flamethrower: Toast some marshmellows and the enemy at the same time.
Grenade Launcher: Good for supression fire or clearing out enemy-filled rooms.
Missle Launcher: A good weapon for just plain blowing sh*t up, including enemy vehicles.

Secondary Weapon Pick one

Sub-machine Gun: When Heavy Infantry just want to fight, instead of going overkill on the enemy, they use standard issue Infantry SMGs.
Pistol: The old fallback weapon for any good soldier
Grenades: The more explosives, the better, right? Comes in packs of 5.

Equipment Pick two

Extra Ammo: Primary - Extra clips/shells for your primary weapon. A wise choice if you think you're about to enter heavy combat, and you think I'm goign to be a b*stard. :-p
Extra Ammo: Secondary - More pistol/SMG clips. Again, a wise choice if you think I'll be *ssholish towards you in combat about running out of ammo.
Extra Ammo: Grenades - Yes, another belt of 5 Grenades.
Night-Vision Googles - Good for hunting peeps at night, duh. :-p
Infra-Vision Googles - Smoke grenades, darkness, and even cowering behind a thin wall are fairly useless tactics for the enemy to use if you have these: you'll still see them. Nowhere near as easy to make out details with than the Night-Vision googles however.
Incindiary Shells - Sometimes you want to burn something down, not blow it up. For the grenade or Missile Launcher
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:11   #11
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
Squad A - 1st Lieutenant Gordon Freeman
"Look out, men! Headcrabs!"

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:15   #12
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

*Sigh* Knew I was goign to pay for that uncreative moment. . .

*Sics a horde of Head crabs and purple crittery things on ND
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:24   #13
No Dachi

*Watches Lieutenant Freeman kill them all with a crowbar*

\o/

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:54   #14
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

Primary - Shotgun
Secondary - Knife
Extra Ammo
Smoke Grenades

Gideon pulled the shotgun from his back holster and checked to make sure the chamber was clear before he dry-cocked the pump back toward the one of the privates in his squad. A young man that had large combat confidence and lots of potential

"Morning Private Reed," Gideon spoke kindly toward the young man. "You ready? I know you've been to combat before but this is might get a little rougher than the spots we secured before."
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:59   #15
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
*Watches Lieutenant Freeman kill them all with a crowbar*

\o/
Yeah. We'll send him, wait 32 seconds and then walk through an entirely cleaned out patch of ground. This'll be all easy.

No one can kill Freeman
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 23:01   #16
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspectre
The rest of you are part of the 442nd Helljumpers, an elite group of special ops soldiers that have made quite a name for themselves by securing dangerous targets ahead of the main force. And today you get your chance to continue that reputation.
Hey, we'll have a chance this time!

Research Facility, Gordon Freeman... Head crabs or other critters assured, but at least we have 'l33t experience'.
We stand a chance!
Yay!
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:56   #17
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- though ill probably lose in the end, i will keep my current rank and so aligne myself with the "bad guys" i also want to switch my class to heavy infantry -ooc
primary: minigun (these are changeable at times right?)
secondary: SMG
equipment: extra ammo primary, infra vision goggles
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 01:14   #18
Spritely Zombie

Spritely Zombie will become famous soon enoughSpritely Zombie will become famous soon enough

Primary: Sniper Rifle
Secondary: Pistol
Equipment:
Silencer
Infra-Vision Goggles (Scope?)

James Kihei finished giving his rifle the third and final, 'once over' just in time for the major to give his speech. Standard thing 'Don't F*ck up' , he hadn't before, wasn't going to break a habit that deeply ingrained. He grabbed his copy of the platoon roster and scanned through it briefly he recognised a few names on the list the name 'Gordon Freeman' sounded familiar, but he couldn't place it. He read through his squad, two names stood out, Alfred Warren and No Dachi. He'd served with Fluffie, though this was their first time on the same squad. He'd not heard of no Dachi, meant he'd either transferrred or only been promoted recently. That or he'd simply not heard of him yet. Rodriguez's speech had just finished, 7 minutes till the drop.

He put the list down and turned to organising his pack making sure everything he'd need was in there and tightly secured. The whole process took less than a minute, it was the third time he'd checked anyway. He slung the pack over his shoulder and fastened the straps, then looked up for his squad.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 15:15   #19
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quite some familiar names on the list again this time around, the squad was filled up with good people. If they'd just hit the ground, they ought to be fine, no rebelling scum was going to mess with the Helljumpers if Fluffie could help it. Real shame though, he was in Charlie Platoon, meaning he'd not be in the fray straight away. Looking around, he nodded at his squad mates, not feeling like shedding much words before the drop.

His SMG looked shiny (he had made sure of that), the clip was full and loaded. Extra clips were plentiful present at the moment and his belt with his trustworthy ten 'nades looked to be happy too.

[SMG + extra ammo, 'nades + extra ammo]

Now there was just the drop and the hoping that the first two platoons wouldn't take care of all the fun for him.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 15:59   #20
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

name: Flapjack
planet of origin: Lalande
class: Support (since we need a supporter)

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 18:44   #21
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

ooc// ack, late, late, late. //ooc

Name: Peter 'PK King
Planet of Origin : Earth/Sol

Primary - Assault Rifle
Secondary - Pistol
Extra Ammo (primary)
Grenades (If possible)
Infra-Vision Googles (If not)

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 19:11   #22
No Dachi

Exclamation Re: The Revenant Project

ND's Loadout
Primary Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Pistol
Equipment: Night Vision Goggles, Silencer

ND's post
Corporal No Dachi looked up at the unit roster, noted that he was in Charlie Platoon, Squad C, and then moved away, edging his way through the mob of soldiers surrounding the roster untill he was standing against the left wall of the bay with the rest of the squad. He checked his rifle again, making sure that the barrel and the scope were free of dirt, before reaching into one of the pouches on his uniform's webbing and producing a silencer, which he fitted onto the rifle. This done, he tapped a few buttons on his night vision goggles. The mechanism correctly lowered them down over his eyes and activated them - glaring tones of white filled his vision momentarily - before No Dachi pressed another button, raising the goggles back into the off-position above the front rim of his helmet. He had only been transferred the the Helljumpers - an elite regiment - a week ago, following service with distinction in a less prestigous unit of marine infantry aboard a cruiser. The ship had been hit hard be enemy fire and crippled, but No Dachi and half of a squad of troopers had managed to hold the enemy outside the engine room untill the FTL drives were brought online and the ship was able to jump to safety. He had been duly promoted to corporal and, since the cruiser in question was going to be in drydock repair for months and half its marines were dead, had been transferred out to a different unit. He hadn't made a whole lot of contact with the Platoon's other personnel yet, but he had seen Master Sergeant Kihei dressing down some other recruit, and he'd also seen Master Corporal Warren here and there...

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 19:39   #23
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

All

As you are all getting suited up, you notice a man, a ship's ensign by the look of him, enter the drop bay. A rather young and figety lad, he cautiously approaches Lieutenant Freeman, who is effeciently checking his weapons, including, bizarrely enough, a crowbar (:-p). "Excuse me, lieutenant Freeman?" the ensign says as he comes to attention in front of the silent marine. "I was . . . uh . . . sent to tell you to report to the Bridge immediately, apparently a Colonel Ji Mann is on the comm, and wishes to speak with you." Lieutenant Freeman, naturally, looks most exasperated, although he somehow manages to refrain from biting off a vicious retort at the petrified Ensign. With command of Squad A, Lieutenant Freeman would be entering a drop pod within the next three minutes. There was no possible way he could get to the Bridge, answer the call, and come back in time for launch. And since the Aquarius would not be sticking around once it had launched everyone, answering the call would mean that Lieutenant Freeman would have to sit this battle out. Not answering the call would presumably mean pissing Colonel Ji Mann off, however, and end up with Freeman getting possibly demoted or worse. Loudly sighing, Lieutenant Freeman gestures for his 2nd in command, 2nd Lieutenant Ishide Morataki, to take over for him, and follows the ensign out of the drop bay.

/ooc And now you're doomed!!! DOOMED!!!! mwahahaahaaha!!! ooc/

/ooc Normal DM posts following shortly ooc/
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 20:32   #24
Mad cat

ooc- but but, what about me? -ooc
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 22:15   #25
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

occ// inspectre.. my hopes of winning have just died with freeman's dissapearence. occ//
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:39   #26
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Ryon

/ooc I'll allow mrmao to provide his own reply. ooc/

You continue speaking with Private Reed for several more moments, after which an alarm sounds, signaling to Alpha Platoon to board their drop pods. All along the corridor, small doors swing open, revealing the cramped accomadations of an Earth Federation drop pod. Although quite cramped, the drop pods were the only way anyone was getting down to the surface of Luyten Four at this time. Even so, it seemed likely that the Seccessionists would be able to shoot down at least a few of the pods, as not even the best stealth coating could remove the brilliant heat signature the pod created as it tore through the atmosphere. With any luck, however, it would not be you that would die this day before even reaching the surface.

Mad Cat

It is just before dawn on the surface of Luyten Four. Assigned to guard one of the new missile batteries stationed along the coast of Luyten Four's main continent, you could not think of a more boring job. Of course, in war, boring usually meant safe, and so you didn't object too strenously to a post here. Stationed here with you were two full platoons of men, numbering no less than 200 fully equipped soldiers, in addition to the troopers that operated the missile battery. Fate, it seemed, has decided that you were getting too comfortable. Just woken up by a panic-striken corporal, you are informed that the Federation fleet has arrived, and that sensors have picked up a Federation ship just entering orbit. Orders from High Command have just come in, informing you that while they believe the enemy will be launching drop pods at a point near to your position, they believe that it will be an under-strength company, and that you are to hold your guard against the enemy's advance at all costs, should they try to attack the missile battery.

Spritely Zombie

/ooc Darn. Forgot about a scope. Oh well, for sniper rifles, you have up to 8x zoom. ooc/

After checking your equipment for the third time over, you look around for your squad. You see most of them huddled against the left side of the corridor, out of the way of Alpha Platoon, who were already clammering into their drop pods at the sound of an alarm.

Fluffie

You're all ready to go, but apparently the ship you're on isn't, as Alpha Platoon is only now climbing into their drop pods. Looking around, you can see that the rest of the squad is fired up, and ready to go just like you are.

flapjack

/ooc Alright, so you want to be support and make life difficult for me, eh? :-p ooc/

Support

Primary Weapon: Pick one

SMG - Typical infantry gear. Never leave home without it.
Pistol - Standard FSF sidearm.

Secondary Weapon: Pick one

Knife - The usual solid-steel combat knife.
Grenades - Comes in belts of 5
Demo Pack - For making a REALLY BIG impression on someone.

Equipment: Pick two

Extra Ammo: Primary - Self-explanitory
Extra Ammo: Secondary - Again, title says it all
Extra Ammo: Grenades - 5 more of the little bouncing beauties
EL (Electronic Lockpick) - Capable of bringing down even the most secure electronic doors, given enough time. Can also be used to hack into computer systems.
Medpack - A kit that goes far beyond anything the average soldier's suit can provide. Will almost certainly save a wounded person's life if used correctly.
Remote Detonator - Sometimes it's better not to have those Demo Packs on a timer . . .
Night-Vision Googles - The typical soldier's night-time gear.
Grasshopper Mines - dirty little buggers that can be planted virtually anywhere, and will go off whenever a Seccessionist ID is registered by the mine's scanner. Come in groups of 3.
Turret Kit - although it takes a fair bit of time to set it up, sometimes a motion-sensor equipped turret can come in handy. Can also be set up and used manually.

PK

/ooc You will be in Ryon's squad, as his third-in-command. Character is fine as is. ooc/

You watch as Alpha Platoon climbs into the open drop pods, and begin strapping themselves in for launch. You would be part of the third wave, obviously, and it is hard to predict if you would have anything to do by the time you reached the ground. Looking at your map of the landing site, the company would evidently be landing near to one of the missile batteries along the coast. No doubt it would be heavily defended, although probably not nearly as heavily defended as that research facility was going to be. It looked like your platoon would have its work cut out for it.

No Dachi

You move to stand with the rest of your new squad, and nervously check your weapon one last time. The Helljumpers was certainly a prestigous re-assignment, although you are not sure how much of a life expectancy you would have. Short of being boarded or the ship getting blown up, there was little chance for a ship marine to die in combat, although now it seemed that you were about to drop onto an entire hostile planet with 400 other soldiers, and be expected to take out enough of the opposition to allow reinforcements to land. Quite a tall order. Looking around, you notice that Master Corporal Warren is standing around nearby, checking his perfectly clean SMG one last time.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 12:00   #27
flapjack
crashed computer

ooc/ No, I'm not here to make things harder for you. I will make them harder for Mad Cat though, because simply locking the door won't be enough to keep everyone out now. /ooc

equipment:
SMG
Demo Pack
Electronic Lockpick
Medpack

*Flapjack stood near the door of his droppod, waiting for the doors to open so he could get. Flapjack didn't like combat so much, which is exactly why he wanted to be the first into the droppod, after all, the first guy would be the last guy out. While he was waiting, Flapjack quickly made a check of his Medpack, confirming all the neccesary items are in there, along with some minor extras such as an extra high-power sedative, just in case someone needed to go for a nice long sleep. Once satisfied his Medpack was in order, Flapjack opened up the big box that contained the demo charges, he liked them, they gave fireworks. BIG fireworks. He quickly checked that everything was setup safely, so it wouldn't go off by accident, after which he checked he had the right types and weights of explosives. After confirming that his primary weapon of destruction was working, Flapjack whipped out the SMG and checked it over, leaving the clips safely on their belt*

*After doing all this, Flapjack had a short look at his watch, a digital precision watch with stopwatch and timer, all you ever wanted when there's a demo charge about to go off*

Unread 26 Nov 2004, 16:02   #28
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Satisfied with the (near-)perfectness of his weapon and the rest of his kit, the Fluff looks up and around again. Just in time to see someone he doesn't entirely recognize nervously finish checking his own gear, Joseph steps over. Nodding a simple "hello", he suddenly gets an idea as to who this guy might be. WIth a friendly smile on his face, he starts talking.

"So you're the new kid in town?"
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 16:43   #29
shadow_spy
The Caffienated One.

shadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really nice

Hey can i command a support rebel force?
If i can:
Name : Caffiene King
Planet of origon : Wolf
class: support
shadow_spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 17:52   #30
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_spy
Hey can i command a support rebel force?
If i can:
Name : Caffiene King
Planet of origon : Wolf
class: support
no . . . just . . . no.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 17:55   #31
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

TALKING TO NO DACHI DAMNIT
cause he needs to post more
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 17:55   #32
No Dachi

(I think Fluffie was talking to me...)

Corporal No Dach, unsure of exactly what Master Corporal Warren would be expecting, saluted with his free right hand in a kind of loose informal manner before replying.

"Yessir," he said, "transferred off a cruiser marine unit. The ship got shot up bad, so most of the personnel got redeployed, me included."

Unread 26 Nov 2004, 17:59   #33
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Ack, no need for salutes. You're not going to salute me when we're down there eating bullets like fish on a rainy day, so you might as well not now... 'tis not like we're in any formal situation now."

Still smiling, Warren lets his eyes gaze over Dachi's weapon of choice one final time. Thinking of what the man said about his previous assignments, questions are raised!

"You wielded a Sniper Rifle as a Marine too? Starships seem a bit close quarters for long distance weapons, or at least, that's what I think. Feel free to enlighten me though."
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 18:07   #34
No Dachi

No Dachi nodded easily at the Master Corporal's instructions regarding saluting - he'd met a lot of senior NCOs with that attitude before, and it was of little surprise to him. When he mentions the Corporal's sniper rifle, No Dachi automatically checks the loading mechanism again, reply as he does so, his eyes remaining on the other man.

"No sir," he replied, pausing to glance down at the mechanism quickly to complete the check, "as a marine I used the military standard assault rifle, but I was an excellent shot in basic training and a badged Marksman. After they decided to transfer me to infantry I got a quick advanced training course in the combat sniper role and after that they switched me to sniping full-time. I still practise on the range with the assault rifle though."

Unread 26 Nov 2004, 19:10   #35
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"I see. Well, we ought to have another talented fella with us then, eh?"

Thinking of something witty to say, he can't really think of anything.

"Got a name? You can call me Joseph or Alfred, whichever you prefer. Or Warren if you got a thing with lastnames. Or Fluffie, 'tis a nickname I like. Strange nickname maybe for a tough mushroomcloud-laying mother****er like me..."

When saying this, he of course tries to look as innocent yet tough as possible. Fluffie winks too (in a non homo-erotic, seducing kind of way) to make sure the other understands he ain't all that serious.

"...but it sticks and I guess I like it."
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 19:47   #36
No Dachi

No Dachi nodded and committed the name "Fluffie" to memory - it was more distinctive than the other two, and he had a bad memory for names, so hopefully that one would be easier to recall. The intrepid young Corporal is then mildly disturbed when the Master Corporal apparently attempts to seduce him by winking homo-erotically. No Dachi didn't really go in for that kind of thing, and so quickly replied to Fluffie's question.

"I'm Mark, but back in the Marines my callsign was No Dachi. Usually people just call me that." He replied, trying to remember how he'd come up with that particular alias, and at the same time trying to figure out how Fluffie had come up with his...

Unread 26 Nov 2004, 23:17   #37
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"Right, No Dachi."

Fluffie looked away from the conversation for a moment, his eyes gazing in the direction of the drop pods. Alpha Platoon had gone, but their lift didn't seem ready just yet. A grim thought snuck into his mind and since he had nothing else to say, nor do, at the moment, he just shared it.

"So it'll be either relatively easy when we get down there because of Alpha and Bravo Platoons arriving first. Or those Secessionist ****s put up a real fight, meaning we'd still get a share of the fun... What do you think?"
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 03:55   #38
shadow_spy
The Caffienated One.

shadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really nice

Darn well can i be a bad guy?
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 04:00   #39
shadow_spy
The Caffienated One.

If i can:
Name: Necromance
Origin: Wolf
Class: Support

XD

Primary: "Snipy Snipey" (Sniper rifle)
secondary: Ionic Rail Gun
equiptment: Single sticky grenade attached to, well i cant tell you that now!!!!

Last edited by shadow_spy; 27 Nov 2004 at 04:06.
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 08:34   #40
Mad cat

mad cat blinks the remaining sleep from his eyes and after dircting the corporal to return to his post, he gets up, hurredly gets dressed and into a presentable state, not bothering with breakfast mad cat heads straight to the temporary hq a storm brewing in his head, he bursts into the room and glares about

Alright! Who's Been Sleeping On The Job?! we should have detected that ship a long time ago! i want someone to bring me the rest of the way up to speed, and if those bastards start dropping anything within a hundred miles of here i want it blown out of the sky! understand!?

mad cat beckons to one of the leutenants in the room and takes him into a side room converted into an office

right, what exactly is happening?
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 14:19   #41
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_spy
If i can:
Name: Necromance
Origin: Wolf
Class: Support

XD

Primary: "Snipy Snipey" (Sniper rifle)
secondary: Ionic Rail Gun
equiptment: Single sticky grenade attached to, well i cant tell you that now!!!!
stop taking the piss out of the thread duder..
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 17:48   #42
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

Name: Anthony 'Ceaser' Edwards
Planet of Origin: Earth/ Sol
Class: Heavy Infantry
Alingnment: EVIL (yes i take orders form you Mad Cat)

Equipment

Primary Weapon: Mini-gun
Secondary Weapon: sub-machine gun
Equipment: Extran Ammo - Primary and Secondary

It was a hot day on the surface of Luyten Four, and all was going quietly. It being such a warm day Anthony was having trouble keeping his eyes open for more than ten seconds. He was about to sail away on his favoroute dream when a small bleep began nagging at his brain......

"All right, all right, im up, im up..." He said as he looked down at the console he was sitting at in the temporary HQ room, "Oh no, no no no! THEIR HERE!!!! THEIR HERE!!!!" Several other people in the room jumped as Anthony began to get into the swing of ranting, but he was cut short by a curt punch to the arm by another lieutenant. Then the Captain walked in...

"Alright! Who's Been Sleeping On The Job?! we should have detected that ship a long time ago! i want someone to bring me the rest of the way up to speed, and if those bastards start dropping anything within a hundred miles of here i want it blown out of the sky! understand!?"

The Captain then signaled that Anthony should follow him into the next room, which had been converted into a temporary office for the Captain....

"Right, what exactly is happening?" asked the Captain....

"Well Sir, their here, I mean on top of us, they've already launched one set of drop pods towards a location to the south of us, i was preparing to open fire on the pods when you came in sir and asked for a situation report..." replied Anthony

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 18:33   #43
No Dachi

I don't think Inspectre was originally planning any evil people other than MC and shadow_spy. Just a heads-up.

Unread 27 Nov 2004, 19:06   #44
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

shadow_spy

You don't seem to quite understand the purpose of this thread, do you? Now, I as the DM have given everyone certain guidelines to follow. With the singular exception of Mad Cat (who made one tiny mistake), everyone has followed these guidelines. They picked the ranks that I said that they could have, and they picked out the equipment that I said they could have. You havn't done that. In fact, I'm almost tempted to say that you are deliberately ignoring the rules. People who take the piss annoy me. People who annoy me get flamed. I'm going to give you one more chance to make a character the right way, and if you f*** it up this time, you're out.

Mad Cat/ASME

While the two of you are busy talking in the Captain's "office", the missile battery crew in the room beyond work busily at their stations. Eventually, one of them, a private who drew the longest straw by the look of him, pokes his head in. "Sirs, we've picked up two waves of drop pods entering the atmosphere from the Federation ship. Although we've begun work on obtainning firing solutions, it looks like the first wave will be under our missile umbrella by the time we manage two salvos. Shall we continue focusing on the first wave, sirs?"

ND/Fluffie/flapjack/everyone else

As you continue talking and checking your equipment, a loud tone sounds, signalling for everyone to back away from the drop pod hatches. With a loud click, they all fall shut, sealing Alpha Platoon inside. There is a dull whomp a few moments later, as all of the drop pods detatch and begin their fall to the planet's surface. There is about a minute's delay as a fresh wave of pods is cycled in, and then with a loud alarm, the drop pod hatches swing open again. Bravo Platoon quickly climbs into their pods, and then the hatches swing shut and with another muffled whomp, they too begin their journey towards the surface. Finally, the drop pod hatches swing open a third time, and now it is your turn to board the drop pods.

Above each hatch is a handhold, which is used to assist the act of picking your feet up and sliding them into the drop pod. Once your feet are in, you simply slide the rest of the way down into the drop pod, aided by gravity and the fact that each drop pod was tilted downward at a thirty-degree angle. The entire interior of a drop pod was lightly padded, to prevent anyone from being severely injured by the bumpy ride down through the atmosphere. In addition, each drop pod was equipped with a series of buckles and straps that could be used in the cramped conditions, and would prevent anyone from bouncing around inside the pod too much. Other than that, the drop pod was little more than a hollow metal tube, with thrusters at one end to prevent the pod from smashing into the ground at terminal velocity. Simple, economical, and fast.
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 19:23   #45
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Looking up as the drop pod hatches open up again, Fluffie's smile disappears. He had never liked the bumpy ride down much, nor the threat of being shot down by missile batteries deciding to be bitches. But, after all, it was all part of a hard day's work, so he started walking to the pod he'd get a lift from.

"Done much of these rides before?" he asks No Dachi (assuming he goes along). "I never liked them much, but they say a shot down drop pod is a cheaper than a shot down landing craft and stuff..."

Grabbing the handhold and sliding himself in, he nods at the other occupants that are already there and later at the ones entering after him. Strapping himself in, he makes sure his weapon won't accidently go off and then closes his eys for a second, taking in a deep breath. Rumour had it there were a lot of missile batteries on this particular planet. That not only meant that there was probably something "interesting" down there that the enemies would feel like "really fighting for", it also meant that there was quite a big chance of being shot on the way down.

Crossing his fingers, Fluffie lets out the breath taken in earlier with a sigh, looking up at the others, who probably know why he sighed. It would suprising if the other soldiers didn't have quite the same thoughts as him...

"But we're the Helljumpers chaps. We jump and we go to hell. And then... we conquer it. Ready to dance lads?"
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 20:23   #46
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

*Holding his assault rifle loosely by his side, by its top handle, Master Chief Peter King walked up to the other members of Squad C, including their lieutenant.*

"LT, the squad's ready to go, soon as the flyboys give the drop order. As for myself, weapons loaded as always."

ooc// Who's 2nd in command of Squad C? //ooc

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 20:25   #47
Spritely Zombie

Kihei grabs the handhold and swings into the drop-pod floating right down to the nose-end. He passes Fluffie and No Dachi on the way down and nods. He buckles in, facing back at the entire platoon.

"For those of you who are new... I like to take a little nap on these things and if one of you wakes me up screaming for your mother on the way down, I will personally open that hatch and kick you out the door. That understood? Good! Now, wake me when we get there."

With that Master Gunny Kihei rests his head against a convenient taut strap, closes his eyes and falls asleep.
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 20:25   #48
Io Cor
I eat babies! ;D

Io Cor is infamous around these partsIo Cor is infamous around these parts

(Thanks again to Inspectre for letting me join so late)

Name: Wolfegang (No Last Name)
Planet of Origin: Wolf

Main Weapon: SMG
Secondary Weapon: Knoife!
Equip: Infra-Red Gogs and Extra Ammo: Primary
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 20:36   #49
No Dachi

Deciding not to interrupt the Master Corporal's monologue, No Dachi clambered inside the drop pod after him and then buckled himself in to a seat just to the left of the door he entered through. He strained himself against the straps experimentally - solid bind, his neck wasn't going to get broken on impact. No Dachi checked the safety lock on his sniper rifle and the one on his pistol, making sure both were in the "on" position. The safety procedure steps were easy enough to remember. No Dachi half-listened to the Master Sergeant's brief and somewhat inglorious pre-drop speech - "don't scream too loud", which the Corporal had admittedly not heard a variation of before from senior NCOs - before trying to break the tense silence that followed by replying to Master Corporal Warren.

"I used to be a Marine, so I'm pretty used these things. Though I haven't made many planet drops...guess it can't be much more dangerous than ship-to-ship." He said, before pausing briefly, then continuing, "I did a lot of ship-to-ship. And saw a lot of it from the other end."

Unread 27 Nov 2004, 20:47   #50
flapjack
crashed computer

*As the pod opened, Flapjack hopped in, immediatly floating down till he was furthest away from the exit hatch, as was customary for support infantry in any kind of hot drop*

ooc/ I'll go and assume I'm on D squad, since there's the smallest amount of players there (and I don't like the idea of walking near a person called Gordon Freeman) /ooc