User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 28 Aug 2004, 19:18   #1
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold
The Death Contest

Yah Yah I know, about time and all that. Anywho onto buisness.

Ok the death contest for those of you that may not know, is a contest to see how well you can RP a death. We all have seen how well you fight and survive in the forums but to see how well you die is the whole idea here. We have a board of judges but at the moment there are only two people on the judge board. A optimal set up would be four judges but we could do this with three. I would rather the four though, because the more judges we get the diffrent point of views we get. The judges PM me their results and then I compile them all together and post them here.

1. Wo2
2. Flapjack
3. vampire_lestat
4. ??

Example Judge post:

Bob's Death:

Judge one: 5/10
Judge two: 7/10
Judge three: 2.5/10
judge four: 9/10

Good:
-Chain reaction effect

Bad:
-short

Ugly:
-Painfully to read. Heard of paragraphs?

----
Thats what you can expect, along with suggestions from the judges. But the whole 10 point system is based on Creativity, Enjoyablity, and written. Of course there are other things in their such as detail and such, and by written I mean how well you communicate what your doing, I'm not going to be too hard on spelling, (cause I need work as well) but you get the point I hope

First round style of deaths is what ever you choose, or Freestyle for those that care. After that we start to move onto other styles of deaths rather than freestyle.

So this thing will get rooling as soon as I get a third and possibly fourth judge. PM me with any questions on judging or this thread.

Last edited by Wo2; 30 Aug 2004 at 03:09.
Wo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 09:49   #2
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts
Re: The Death Contest

do we have to use the same char for all the deaths?
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 14:48   #3
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i can judge if someone else fills in for my death.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 19:00   #4
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*Flapjack climbs into the judge's cabin and takes his seat, left of Wo2, then quickly takes out pen and paper and watches the various screens in front of him*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 20:38   #5
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

ASME appears out of nowhere from the other thread and finds himself in the middle of something, not knowing what to do he starts walking in a random direction at a random speed for a random time thus leading to a total randomness about him.

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 02:51   #6
Wo2
The Janitor!

Wo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to beholdWo2 is a splendid one to behold

Vampire. Yah you can be the judge, I've got someone to take over for you. Ok so now with three, and a fourth which I must now talk to, we can begin. And no you needn't use the same charecter for all your deaths, feel free to come up with as many charecters as you wish. I am considering something new this round, should your first death less than perfect, I can be persuaded to let you have a go at a Second death, but at the same style you chose earlier. First up, feel free to post

Oh one more thing for my judges. That example post for a judge post i gave, that is how I would like your PM message formated, and feel free to add as many Good, Bad, Uglys, and extra comments as you wish, though I can't garuntee all of them getting in.
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 17:30   #7
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

working on my post now, expect it either in a few hours or tommorow, it's looking like it'll be a few thousand words though, so expect a bit of a read.
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 18:12   #8
Kal_Zakath
Terror and Hubris

Kal_Zakath is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: The Death Contest

*Zakath dies*
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 20:17   #9
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice Zak. Show them how to do it properly.

I'll judge if no-one else wants the fourth position, as I won't be able to take a more active role (not enough time, go to uni on wednesday, etc...)

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2004, 00:08   #10
Kal_Zakath
Terror and Hubris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffin
Nice Zak. Show them how to do it properly.
Quick and without a fight, that's how They all should die!
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 04:34   #11
Wo2
The Janitor!

Certiantly taking his time. vampire_lestat we would like to see some activity some time this month please.

and with lack of anything better to to.

Kal_Zakaths Death:

Wo2: 10/10
Other judges not included, feel free to make youre own.

Good:
You died.
Two word wonder

Bad:
You died

Ugly:
Blink and you'll miss it.

Yay for me... Yay for Kal_Zakath
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 04:51   #12
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Wraith throws himself off a cliff.... and misses, merely bruising his head on a nearby rock. Which then eats him.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 06:09   #13
Kal_Zakath
Terror and Hubris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo2
Kal_Zakaths Death:

Wo2: 10/10
So you got the check?
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 17:02   #14
shadow_spy
The Caffienated One.

shadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really niceshadow_spy is just really nice
Talking Re: The Death Contest

*Shadow_spy walks in*
ooc: yeah im back
*sees that wraith was just eatin by a...rock*
"Well, time to die"
* Runs to rock and screams*
"Eat me!"
*Rock goes away*
"Darn it, hmm "
* Opens the gates of hell and jumps in*
"Aaaaaaaaahhhh!"
* Is thrown back out, and looks back into the red glowing hole*
"Yeah well, you are just...umm..."
* Gates close"
"Argh"

*Pulls out bomb and eats it*
"Ohh my stomach..indigestion..i...need..Pepcid"
*Throws up bomb just before it explodes*
"Oh i give up"

*Pulls out box of popcorn and throws a a kernal into mouth *
"Taste funny"
*realizes that it is not popcorn but that it is a portable energy oblivian bomb*
"Oh no, i am allergic to portable energy oblivi....."
*Dies*
shadow_spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 00:09   #15
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

me me ! I want to plway!
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 13:47   #16
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

If you want to play Ryon, why aren't you dead yet?

And let's see if Wo2 still responds to PMs

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 00:37   #17
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

A rooster crows. Ryon jumps out of bed with a fright and hurridly puts on his slippers as his feet were cold. Stretching his arms high in the air, he began to think about what he had to do during the day and the rooster interrupted his thoughts as it crowed again.

Pushing the minor annoyance asside. Ryon moved to the bathroom to brush his teeth and the rooster crowed again. Ryon twitched. Still yet again... he continued onward in his quest to get ready for the day.

Finishing brushing his teeth, he grabbed the razor and shaving cream from the cabinet and proceded to smother his face with the gelled cream. Whistling a little tune he picked up the razor and shaved nearly half his face when the rooster made another obscene crow. Ryon twitched again and cut himself minorly. Anger filled him and without hesitation Ryon let out the loudest curse he had ever done. The echo of the profanity stretched across town. The rooster crowed yet again.

Ryon emerged from the house with a gun. His emerald green fiery eyes reached across the yard and locked on the petilence. Ryon fired. The rooster crowed again. Insanity consumed Ryon as he fired round after round after round. With three shots remaining. Ryon cornered the bird and fired two of them in quick succession. Missing both times, one of the bullets richocheted and ended up in Ryon's thigh. Again, profanity filled the skies and when Ryon's voice died. The rooster crowed yet again.

Ryon looked at the metallic object of destruction in his grio. He contemplated and then turned the barrel. As he looked into the consuming black hole of his now apparent destiny, he laughed manically,

"I won't see you in hell birdy". The gunshot was all that echoed now in the country side.
-------
Ryon landed with a thud in a dark place with only minor light. No one was anywhere and he laughed to himself. "I am free...."

His voice was interrupted, by a scratching sound. Finding a match in his pocket, he lit it and was overtaken by the sight. He was surrounded by an infinate amount of roosters. All scratching and pecking each other. Suddenly he looked to the east and the sun began to rise.

"oh... my.... go-"

A thousand crows filled his senses.... pain seared everything...
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 18:42   #18
Wo2
The Janitor!

Whoa Sorry! I thought this Had died. If you'll forgive me I'll get right on to the judging.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 18:47   #19
Wo2
The Janitor!

Shadow_spys death

Judges:
Wo2
Flapjack

Wo2: 5.7/10
Flapjack:5/10

Good:
Definately Imaginative

Bad:
Shadow_spy only walked
The randomness is bad for one's health
I happen to like Captial letters than you very much!

Ugly:
Something died, now let's go wonder who died.
Whut?
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 02:57   #20
Io Cor
I eat babies! ;D

Io Cor is infamous around these partsIo Cor is infamous around these parts

*suddenly posts!*

::Io's day had gone rather well, twelve buildings blown up in one day, he was near world domination, but it only stayed in his mind for a moment, other things were brewing, he needed something new, something with...taste, something...explosive...and with a kaboom! Thus is why he was eating at Taco Hut/Pizza Bell, he knew that their affordable prices were mind boggling!! Shyah!::

"Mmmmmm Taco!"

::ten minutes of anal probing pain in the crapper later, he left the nice hut to head on to the airport::

::As Io boarded the plane, and it took off to Fiji, he had been sitting at an emergency exit seat the entire flight, and it's purpose, this red handle, had been picking and gnawing at his brain for so long, so, without hesitation, he merely grabbed the handle, with a sudden jerk, and the scream of "NO-YOU-IDIOT!" it had been opened, he, and everyone/thing aboard, was blown out the hatch, leaving a gaping hole in the side of the airplane::

::Lucky for Io, his chair was not only a floatation device, but a parachute, chancy are we? Not Io, he never has luck, amazingly, somehow, they were flying over Cuba (nothing against Cubans! I love you guys meyn!) and he hadn't noticed the sounds of flak cannons until a black cloud burst to the left of him, destroying a falling passenger, he only questioned it, until he himself, was hit by these explosive shells, his pieces of flesh and blood coming to a halt upon the soldiers below::
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 04:38   #21
Wo2
The Janitor!

Getting on to Ryon Jkar next.