User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 1 May 2004, 20:16   #14
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Re: I Signed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
It might only be a minor difference though but I would like to point out that the clone you are speaking about is a free game, while Planetarion is not.

Some people doesn't seem to understand that LOADS of people are not prepared to pay for a online browser based strategy game. It's not even about the amount of money (untill a certain point) a game cost. You just have people who are willing to pay for a game and you've got people who just aren't. Most people who are willing to pay for a game on the internet know that there's a lot more interesting stuff to do.
Which reminds me, why the hell is Planetarion still p2p? If i recall, the entire reason it went to that was because the size of the playerbase had gotten to the point that the add revenue couldnt pay for all the required hardware and the full time staff needed to watch over 100k accounts or whatever it was.

Kind of a joke now.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote