User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2018, 00:35   #1
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
Resource Stealers

Hi,

everyone keeps asking stuff about these resource stealers and hardly anyone has a proper answer. I couldn't find anything in the manual or in this forum.

Will they die upon stealing and can only be used in wars like structure killers? What is the cap limit? Are they capping from all present resources or just the mining output of that tick?

Can those people who know the formula please englight us? Thanks.
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 00:52   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Resource Stealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by genosse27 View Post
Hi,

everyone keeps asking stuff about these resource stealers and hardly anyone has a proper answer. I couldn't find anything in the manual or in this forum.

Will they die upon stealing and can only be used in wars like structure killers? What is the cap limit? Are they capping from all present resources or just the mining output of that tick?

Can those people who know the formula please englight us? Thanks.
They dont die on steal.
Each ship can steal 1500 of each resources(or whatever appoco set it to steal) iirc.
The manual and the ship stats engine is old, and the steal function was built around some ancient stat set by the look of it when i used to do stats.

I might be wrong, but this is what i remember from playing with the admin stat tool ingame and calcs in the past.
I guess only appoco can give you the correct answer

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 07:21   #3
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=combat
In some rounds, some Zikonian ships may have the ability to steal resources. They can steal up to 50 resources per ship, with up to 25% of the planet's resources available for capture (split over the different resource types) before salvage is granted.
7th paragraph. It doesn't answer everything, but it covers the basics.

Quote:
Will they die upon stealing
I don't think so.

Quote:
and can only be used in wars like structure killers?
No.

Quote:
Are they capping from all present resources or just the mining output of that tick?
Total.

Hope that helps. If no-one beats me to it, I'll try to get a firm answer for the dying thing later today.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 07:29   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

are the stolen ressources available the tick they're stolen, or when the fleet is back at base ?
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 07:38   #5
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Like roids. The tick they are stolen
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 08:36   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Resource stealers steal 50 resources per point of damage, up to a maximum of 25% of what's stockpiled. There is no reduction in cap rate for hitting downwards, nor an increase for hitting upwards.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 09:23   #7
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

That's a huge power. It should have been balanced with a new construction:
Vault, where you can safely stock a percentage of your resources.
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 09:38   #8
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Or simply spend your resources
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 11:13   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Resource stealers steal 50 resources per point of damage, up to a maximum of 25% of what's stockpiled. There is no reduction in cap rate for hitting downwards, nor an increase for hitting upwards.
This sounds to be about right, except for it being wrong.
Lets just say it will steal what it steals, if you want the correct answer you need Appoco

Unread 10 Mar 2018, 12:49   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

41 * 50 = 2050.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 15:58   #11
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Rite, damage, for some reason i thought u meant dc.
PA wont even allow me to save bcalcs with resources added, or allow me to use round numbers

Unread 10 Mar 2018, 16:45   #12
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
If no-one beats me to it, I'll try to get a firm answer for the dying thing later today.
They don't.
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 20:19   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
PA wont even allow me to save bcalcs with resources added, or allow me to use round numbers
I ran into that problem too. I've already filed a bug report.
Unread 10 Mar 2018, 20:40   #14
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I ran into that problem too. I've already filed a bug report.
I reported the bcalc error years ago.
The bug where PA keeps changing xxxxx0 to x9999 is more frustrating for my OCD, keeps messing up my fleet so i get uneven ship counts everytime i put stuff into prod.
"User end bugs"

Unread 10 Mar 2018, 21:44   #15
Pit
Hole in the ground

Quote:
The bug where PA keeps changing xxxxx0 to x9999
That one looks like it's in the split. If you just enter "resources" then it splits them between M/C/E. If you enter the 3 types individually it's fine.
Unread 11 Mar 2018, 10:39   #16
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
That one looks like it's in the split. If you just enter "resources" then it splits them between M/C/E. If you enter the 3 types individually it's fine.
It happends on the production page when ordering ship, or on the fleet page when you moving ship inbetween fleets, and it happends on the bcalc page when adding ships or roids to calc.

On the bcalc page you sometimes add 800 roids, and after you press calc it will deduct 1 or 2 roids so its suddently 798 or 799 or whatever roids.

Sometimes if you press "calc" a few times it will give you diffrent report each time, first time maybe 1234 ships is frozen, the next time you press "calc" 1212 ships might get frozen.
Seems to me what is typed in/showed on the amount page varies from what the back is using for its calculations.

Its a similiar js bug with the ingame attack page wich is even more messed up, where it wont allow you to add/remove targets/waves correctly.

Unread 11 Mar 2018, 12:57   #17
Pit
Hole in the ground

I haven't noticed it on production or fleets. With fleets, is it with the "move half" type options?

The 800 roids on bcalc is probably the same thing - splitting M/C/E.

I'm curious - how is the attack page thing similar?
Unread 11 Mar 2018, 13:35   #18
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I haven't noticed it on production or fleets. With fleets, is it with the "move half" type options?

The 800 roids on bcalc is probably the same thing - splitting M/C/E.

I'm curious - how is the attack page thing similar?
No its me telling ie. 10000 spiders to go to fleet 1, and then PA deducts 1 or 2 ships, and sends 9998 or 9999 ships to fleet 1 instead.
Or me ordering 10000 spiders, and then 9998 is put into prod.

Similiar as in both being a bug

Unread 11 Mar 2018, 14:08   #19
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
No its me telling ie. 10000 spiders to go to fleet 1, and then PA deducts 1 or 2 ships, and sends 9998 or 9999 ships to fleet 1 instead.
Or me ordering 10000 spiders, and then 9998 is put into prod.

Similiar as in both being a bug

I base my fleet and divide them up.into fleets every night for 20+ rounds and never ever seen this.

I call bullshit.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2018, 14:28   #20
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I base my fleet and divide them up.into fleets every night for 20+ rounds and never ever seen this.

I call bullshit.
Yeah, at first i thought it was me misstyping stuff, but it kept repeating itself last round.
Then i thought it most be some browser/mouse function that i didnt know of that kept "scrolling" the number downwards, but then i noticed it also happening with my phone and tablet.

Unread 11 Mar 2018, 14:41   #21
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I've never seen it either.
Unread 11 Mar 2018, 15:00   #22
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I've never seen it either.
Changes from last round

Round 74:
Adding of "number" type to most numeric fields (for mobile users)
Minor UI tweaks / fixes

----

It might be something that theyve added that affects "scrolling" or some other funny feature, im not sure.
Ive never had problems with this in the past, only last round

Unread 12 Mar 2018, 15:40   #23
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
..... can only be used in wars like structure killers? ......
<Fiery> appoco said war only.
Unread 12 Mar 2018, 18:28   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.

On the one hand, at least it'll be nearly impossible the cheat with them.

On the other...

BOOOOOOORING
Unread 12 Mar 2018, 19:07   #25
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:

On the other...

BOOOOOOORING
It was always to act as the lower class equivalent of Structure Killer. A war mode ship for every class.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2018, 22:48   #26
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

On the other...

BOOOOOOORING
couldnt agree more, eats away all the benefits from it.
Unread 13 Mar 2018, 07:21   #27
Makhil

In the end it's the best option. Make the war more exciting and the naps more boring.