User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 May 2003, 01:23   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
mom's day

i need ideas on what i can do/make my mom for mother's day.
since she's a florist she's going to be completely stressed out :\
last year i was going to dig her a pond in the backyard.. but i didn't... this year i'd like to do that.. but i don't have money for a pond liner and a pump (for a fountain)

i need to think of something cool i can make that's relatively cheap (i can prolly borrow some money from my dad)

any ideas?
Unread 9 May 2003, 01:27   #2
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Go to a petrol station, they sell flowers.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 01:32   #3
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
buy her a shovel, she can dig her own damn pond

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 01:32   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
We got ours out of the way ages ago!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 01:39   #5
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
You don't need a pump straight away. I dug a pond and it was the best thing ever. I didn't do it for mother's day or anything though.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 02:05   #6
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
well ideally they (my parents) want some sort of waterfall thing in the backyard. our backyard is sloped so it's possible. i can easily dig the pond/stream thing.. and we've got rocks to create the waterfall.. but.. well.. no pump to make it 'flow' :P
Unread 9 May 2003, 02:41   #7
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point
perfume?
Unread 9 May 2003, 02:43   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by FatboySliM
perfume?

you could never get enough to fill the pond
NEWSBOT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 02:48   #9
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Silly foreigners. Mother's Day was weeks ago
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:14   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
Silly foreigners. Mother's Day was weeks ago
There's nothing sadder than an incorrect pedant, except maybe a sad incorrect pedant.

It's Mothering Sunday, not 'Mother's Day'. That was a few weeks ago.

Mother's Day is the one that Aryn's talking about.
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:22   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
well ideally they (my parents) want some sort of waterfall thing in the backyard. our backyard is sloped so it's possible. i can easily dig the pond/stream thing.. and we've got rocks to create the waterfall.. but.. well.. no pump to make it 'flow' :P
I'm sure she'd be happy with a partial job with the intention of finsihing it off. Presents aren't like university coursework. There are hundreds of tiny things you could make: a coaster for her teacup, a bracelet, a drawing, a fake business card...
Unread 9 May 2003, 03:26   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
a fake business card...
I like this idea, but think bigger!

My advice hun is to start a massive counterfeiting operation.
Unread 9 May 2003, 04:49   #13
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Just leave the garden hose running for a few days or so, you'll have a nice pond going for yourself after a while. Ok, more like a swamp unless you dig a hole....

but hey, it's the thought that counts.
Unread 9 May 2003, 07:18   #14
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Aryn....I need some ideas too...so don't hog them all
Unread 9 May 2003, 07:18   #15
Aryn
Happy

hehe
well it's true.. they've wanted to put in the pond for a few years now.. and once you dig the hole.. well.. you gotta finish the job :P

'look mom.. i dug you a hole!'
Unread 9 May 2003, 07:48   #16
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dig pond.
Go out with ten or fifteen male friends.
Get utterly lashed up.
Get male friends to piss in said pond in sequence.

Hey presto ! Pond with amusing and unusual 'fountain' feature.

You can thank me later....

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 08:34   #17
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
buy her a shovel, she can dig her own damn pond

Vaio
i've done that before, seriously
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 08:35   #18
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
christ, when's mother days?

mom opposed to mum riles me right up, dunno why. mam is okish.
i've no idea, it doesn't seem a few months since the last one :eek:
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 09:26   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Make a start, they will appreciate it, and itll get them moving to do the rest of it

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 10:13   #20
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
christ, when's mother days?
you're ok

she's on about the yanks one not ours
ours was only a few weeks ago
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 10:15   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Dutch one is this sunday as well. I have seriously no idea what to get her. Whatsoever.
Unread 9 May 2003, 10:33   #22
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
ask her?

i did that too, she told me something that was only available at the market on tuesday, since I had to work at tuesday she even bought it herself.. Easy!

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 11:59   #23
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
That depends on what she likes. For example, if she likes tea, buy some pretty good chinese tea. Its not to expensive, and it tastes nice if prepared correctly.

Or, if she likes painintgs, paint her a picture. Its not to hard, and its very cheap, but its "home made", and many mothers likes that sort of stuff.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 12:14   #24
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
i bought my mom an espresso machine lucky for me her birthday is on Saturday and mom's day sunday ;-) i can do it all in one go
Unread 9 May 2003, 15:08   #25
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
There's nothing sadder than an incorrect pedant, except maybe a sad incorrect pedant.

It's Mothering Sunday, not 'Mother's Day'. That was a few weeks ago.

Mother's Day is the one that Aryn's talking about.
Perhaps I should make it easier for you in the future by adding explanatory tags to my posts?
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2003, 15:12   #26
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Meat

Go out with ten or fifteen male friends.
wow wow there.. you forgot about the part where i don't have any friends.. nevermind male ones :P
unless... anyone wanna come to my house and piss in a hole??
Unread 9 May 2003, 16:55   #27
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
wow wow there.. you forgot about the part where i don't have any friends.. nevermind male ones :P
unless... anyone wanna come to my house and piss in a hole??

well. I would...but I doubt I'd make it there by Sunday :\
Unread 9 May 2003, 17:28   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
Perhaps I should make it easier for you in the future by adding explanatory tags to my posts?
What, like [IgnoreallthebitsinherethatarewrongwhileIcorrectsomeoneelse'spost]?
Unread 9 May 2003, 17:33   #29
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
well. I would...but I doubt I'd make it there by Sunday :\
it's next sunday isn't it? :P
Unread 9 May 2003, 17:34   #30
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
it's next sunday isn't it? :P
nope...the 11th...as in, 2 days from now
Unread 9 May 2003, 17:37   #31
Aryn
Happy

OMFG!
i thought it was next week fs
Unread 9 May 2003, 21:22   #32
Aryn
Happy

damnit.. dad said no to the hole
Unread 9 May 2003, 23:30   #33
Aryn
Happy

i found it!
i'm gonna coerce my dad to give me $10 (hope that's enough) to get some stuff.. and i'm gonna make one of THESE!
Unread 10 May 2003, 00:07   #34
Pi-air
hurr!

Pi-air will become famous soon enoughPi-air will become famous soon enough
I assume she is a "mature" woman, in wich case I would give her a bottle of vodka. Mature women love that.
Pi-air is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2003, 00:16   #35
Aryn
Happy

i'm broke
therefore she can't get anything of 'monetary value' :\
Unread 10 May 2003, 18:28   #36
Aryn
Happy

are you guys really that retarded?
no money = no buying stuff
Unread 10 May 2003, 18:31   #37
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
ah I was thinking you could get away with a couple things then I realized it was 10CAD ... ick.
Unread 10 May 2003, 18:38   #38
Aryn
Happy

well actually.. my we ordered pizza last night and dad gave me $40 to go get it.
i didn't give him back the $10something in change.
so i DO have $10CAD :P