User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 10:58   #1
Idi

I never fail to impress myself when..

I manage to turn off my alarm clock when it goes off, without actually waking up!
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 11:01   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I do the same once in a while. Actually you probably did woke up somehow but don't remember it.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 11:03   #3
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
I hate that. Bastard tricky sleep.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 11:03   #4
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Done it several times. What I do now is set alarm clock on the other side of the bedroom so I need to stand up and walk to it.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 11:08   #5
Linea
Better then you.

Linea is an unknown quantity at this point
I have done it too, I wake up, turn off the alarm clock, my head touches the pillow again and I fall asleep for another half an hour...possibly more.
Linea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 11:13   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
It happens.

I'm actually able to move it forward without conciously waking up (of course I need to reach for the clock and push the button), without afterwards remembering I did it.

It causes busy mornings. Luckily I usually put it forward 10 or 15 minutes.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 11:14   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I put my alarm clock on top of my wardrobe, which is at the other end of my bedroom, which enhances the chances of me 'waking up' when it goes off.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 11:21   #8
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont need a clock, i just wake up at 6 AM every day \O/
courtesy of public transport, got to love those buses
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 12:30   #9
Idi

I think when it happened I pseudo woke up, as directly prior to realising I was ****ed, I had this excellent dream about robbing safeway of all their spirits!
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 12:30   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
robbing safeway of all their spirits!
FEAR THE VOODOO
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 12:35   #11
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I can't do that. My alarm is about 4 feet underneath my bed so I have to physically get out of bed in order to turn it off. Unfortunately it doesn't keep me from getting back into bed, but that's only because I'm lazy and don't have classes that day.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:06   #12
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I put my alarm clock on top of my wardrobe, which is at the other end of my bedroom, which enhances the chances of me 'waking up' when it goes off.
Thats the spirit, boy. It works if the room is warm, too.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:23   #13
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The need to keep my job is normally enough to get me out of bed, instead of the need to avoid bed sores and/or the impending possibility of soiling myself as I've been in there for so long.

Bloody students.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:25   #14
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
During winter my room can be so insanely cold that even though I'm fully awake in the mornings I don't dare leave the bed.

Though recently I've aquired a decen heater or oven or I don't know what I should call it that suits my needs, and now I only freeze when I forget to turn it on.

Matrim
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:27   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Meat
The need to keep my job is normally enough to get me out of bed, instead of the need to avoid bed sores and/or the impending possibility of soiling myself as I've been in there for so long.
This so contrary to the truth, it's criminal.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:27   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:

Bloody students.

just become community servant! no one will notice when you frequently enters the office an hour and a half later

taxmen are the
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:29   #17
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
Though recently I've aquired a oven or I don't know what I should call it that suits my needs, and now I only freeze when I forget to turn it on.
I doubt you'll have to worry about waking up or being cold if it's a gas oven.

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 16:02   #18
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
I set my alarm forward an hour without realising it :/
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 16:19   #19
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
I excel at not waking up to my alarm clock.

this is why i set my sell phone, my alarm clock and my computer to wake me up at ~10 minute intervals. I usually wake up eventually.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 16:36   #20
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
i dont even set my alarmclock anymore .. it is of no use.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 16:36   #21
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
This so contrary to the truth, it's criminal.
I'm neither incontinent or in the "I've fallen and can't get up" crowd.

Hush yo mo' mo'fo.

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 16:38   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
I'm neither incontinent or in the "I've fallen and can't get up" crowd.
Considering you are 93 years old, it is highly unlikely that that statement is true, on either count.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 17:16   #23
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
worse problem

i tend to turn my alarm off without waking up when it's by my bed, but if i put it over the other side of the room i sleep through it

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 17:27   #24
[Smurf]Pies
TeamPies

[Smurf]Pies can only hope to improve
heh, i used to miss so many days off college due to the same thing i now have 3 alarm clocks

<Pies> your gonna make me get pm's
<Pies> saying ive got a ego
<Pies> larger then a house again
<[TeamPies]MrPink> you“re the biggest ego i have ever seen

Round2 - Round 10
[Ministry]
Heresy

R4
114,[WTF]Smurf Village[TGS][NFU] (30:14)
97,The PieCastle (30:14:7)

R5
37,[Ag][WPO] Gauls [Fury] (21:04)

R6
1,Šragons[WP][OWAGE!][Tapper] (5:24)
81, ur friends (5:24:22)
[Smurf]Pies is offline   Reply With Quote