User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 03:10   #1
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
weirdness...

so yesterday i signed up for a free account to see what the new PA looks like. logged in ok this morning, but now, pw doesnt work, username isnt recognized, and they have no record of my email to send a pw to.

could someone check if a planet 'Tis of Retired' is still floating around off at the butt end of the universe?

on a hunch, i suspect the rollback is responsible and, naturally, blame the creators (as for everything else.)

anyway, cba to reregister now that ive had a look... kinda retarded bug tho if thats what it is, especially if it deleted paid accounts.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 07:42   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: weirdness...

If you registered in the gap between the game becoming available again after the downtime, and the rollback happening then chances are that the planet has been lost. This is because when the DB is rolled back it had no record of the planet at the tick it gets rolled back to and hence the planet doesn't exist. A little annoying, but luckily it doesn't affect too many people normally. Apologies for it affecting you on this occasion.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 08:00   #3
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

still a lot of coding to do guys....a normal programmer would make sure things like that dont happen....ah well, you guys are pretty funny and good for a laugh
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 08:19   #4
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

It's an expected behaviour dont you think so?
If your planet is created at PT X and that a roll back sends the niverse back in the past at PT X-2, what do you expect?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 08:22   #5
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point

could program it so it doesnt happen, not that hard....think about it :-)
NEW DB VS OLD DB

SELECT *
FROM NEW DB
WHERE DATETIME_CREATED <= PT CRASH

INSERT * INTO OLD DB
VALUES ...............

done?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 12:12   #6
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tis some things never change. I wouldn't waste my time signing up
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 13:19   #7
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

lo Tis!! I thought you had escaped!
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 14:45   #8
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearhead
could program it so it doesnt happen, not that hard....think about it :-)
Would be a bit strange if his planet existed some ticks before it actually was created. Should he have the 3-4 ticks of resources he had earned while the rest of us got set back as nothing had happened?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:43   #9
Tis

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Tis some things never change. I wouldn't waste my time signing up
Like I said I just wanted to see the new 'look'. I shant be bothering to reregister.

Lo Bashar
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:27   #10
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
so yesterday i signed up for a free account to see what the new PA looks like. logged in ok this morning, but now, pw doesnt work, username isnt recognized, and they have no record of my email to send a pw to.

could someone check if a planet 'Tis of Retired' is still floating around off at the butt end of the universe?

on a hunch, i suspect the rollback is responsible and, naturally, blame the creators (as for everything else.)

anyway, cba to reregister now that ive had a look... kinda retarded bug tho if thats what it is, especially if it deleted paid accounts.
the exact same thing happened to me too. but i didn't try to sign up during the roll back but a couple of hours before tick start. I also cba to reregister

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:52   #11
Tis

Finally, something ex-Fury and ex-Xan can agree on!
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:56   #12
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Finally, something ex-Fury and ex-Xan can agree on!
!!!

On a sidenote: I find myself agreeing with several ex Furys like eg Hicks rather often lately. Kinda spooky.

Laputa

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 22:58   #13
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Well, maybe since Spinner left, Jolt joined its Evil executives and decided to cancel this free-trial stuff. Pay ou leave attitude

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote