User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:03   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Green fingers

Since I don't have green fingers, and some of you might, i'd like to know how to revive a number of brownish plants that was supposed to be green, before friday evening when my parents come back from holiday.

Anyone?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:04   #2
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Water, man. Lots of water! And maybe some plant food.

Be warned though, Im no expert.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:09   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
If they've gone brown I'm guessing the point of no return has been reached.
Better get to the plant shop and buy some replacements.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:10   #4
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Never EVER buy replacements where a can of greep spray paint can do the job.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:14   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
ok... so green spraypaint for the very brown ones.
I also have a few half brown ones. I think I kinda over-watered them as there still a layer of water on the bottom of the pot. What to do with those? I don't really feel like plucking the brown leaves out so preferably something less work.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:28   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
When you are really that lazy why just dont you tell your parents you screw up a bit?
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:36   #7
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
oh just tell your parents that the plants died because your forgot to water them.

Why do you need to lie. It's not like these plants had any intrinsic value to them.

Or did they?

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:38   #8
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
talk to plants and ask them to go green, i do that but i don't think they speak english ;(
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:40   #9
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
even though the plant may seem dead, the roots maybe still alive. depending on the plant, you might be able to save it. But not in time for your parents to think nothing happened. I suggest buying new ones and tell your parents that you thought the house needed a new look or something. What kind of plants are they?

[edit]

These aren’t your dads prized cannabis plants are they?
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:43   #10
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
oh just tell your parents that the plants died because your forgot to water them.

Why do you need to lie. It's not like these plants had any intrinsic value to them.

Or did they?
No... not really... it's just that the same thing happened last year and they told me about 63134 times (take or add a few times) this time to water the plants.
Well.. I did all that, but I missed a few (they hang on a very stupid place where you never look... right next to the back door, where I walk past them ten times a day ) and I overwatered some others in my enthusiasm.

Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:50   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
once they are brown there isnt much you can do. i would try to cut out the leafs that are brown.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 11:53   #12
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
hehehe had the same thing at my home
damn plants if you dont water them they die, if you water them they die :| allways something next plant i'm buying is cannabisplant...that ****er is immortal!
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 12:04   #13
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spearhead
hehehe had the same thing at my home
damn plants if you dont water them they die, if you water them they die :| allways something next plant i'm buying is cannabisplant...that ****er is immortal!
problem solved :
http://www.strangeavenue.com/acatalo..._Plant_95.html
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 23:46   #14
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
I remember back when I used to kill plants too. Can't believe I was so incompetent. You deserve all the flogging your parents can give you.
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 23:50   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Just tell your parents you don't give a **** about their stupid plants, and if they do that's their business. When you go away do you ask them to repartition your HDDs every three hours?

Why should you be burdened with their stupidity?

(This may or may not lead to an infinity percent increase in rent demanded for staying at your parents property)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 23:58   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Just tell your parents you don't give a **** about their stupid plants, and if they do that's their business. When you go away do you ask them to repartition your HDDs every three hours?

Why should you be burdened with their stupidity?

(This may or may not lead to an infinity percent increase in rent demanded for staying at your parents property)

which isnt really their property, since property ownership shouldnt be allowed other than by the state, and not for monetary reparation , right?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2003, 23:58   #17
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
alka-seltzer and about a quarter cup of olive oil.

works every time, guaranteed.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 00:05   #18
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Set them on fire. The ashes will then fertilise the soil, allowing the plant to flourish. However, this may not be as easy, as one of my friends told me that plants have an inbuilt defence against fire called "chloroform". However, he may have been lying as at the time I had just stolen his cigarette lighter, and was attempting to set fire to a field.
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 05:45   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
which isnt really their property, since property ownership shouldnt be allowed other than by the state, and not for monetary reparation , right?
You've been reading our pamphlets again, haven't you!!

(On the off-chance you're serious - no, posessors of a property - i.e. tenants can allow lodgers/etc for a fee under most social tenancies even now, let alone under a more libertarian system)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote