User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 17:51   #51
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
We don't know how to attack?

Why dont u tell that to the countless allies of yours that i've goated. Also to the rest of Cyphies galaxy.

-Necro (Newbie attacker ;/)
Oh my !!! You must be so elite!! 10 VS 1 and you goated them, wow what a show !!! i hope they rip your gal apart in small pieces you dont diserve to be nr1, you have no honour !
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:02   #52
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l

WPO at the time had changed completely from what Fury wished in its allies. Don't forget the backstab from WP in r4 was still fresh on its mind. It was a test for Fury's allies, one that they begin to do well in but failed.

I'd sure like to hear of this backstab.

Fiction rocks!
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:08   #53
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
I'd sure like to hear of this backstab.

Fiction rocks!
WP leaving Fury in r4 was considered a backstab amongst the newer Fury generation. The older ones such as Sid, Ghengis (ie C7R) understood why, but I among others hated WP for doing such a move.

It all depends on the point of view. I'm sure WP from the time will say it was valid and needed, but alot of Fury would disagree with this assessment.

However, ever since that WP was never trusted as much again by Fury. So its not 'fiction' Torz.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:14   #54
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
I still think eclipse and Rah and 1 other group will form a new block or some new alliance emerge from within eclipse.
Sounds quite possible yes. I don't think Eclipse will stay in the current narweet situation for much longer. In that regard, this whole denial from Eclipse that they're nothing like Fury is a complete joke in my opinion. Unless alot of their HCs, etc suddenly changed their mindset I expect they're already planning (if that ain't done already) the next 'uneven' war. Just my opinion of course.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:17   #55
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
WP leaving Fury in r4 was considered a backstab amongst the newer Fury generation. The older ones such as Sid, Ghengis (ie C7R) understood why, but I among others hated WP for doing such a move.

It all depends on the point of view. I'm sure WP from the time will say it was valid and needed, but alot of Fury would disagree with this assessment.

However, ever since that WP was never trusted as much again by Fury. So its not 'fiction' Torz.
You hated it as you weren't in a position to see why. It was hardly a backstab. We told you politely that we were ending the agreement. We then told you we would not target Fury galaxies. If leaving an alliance because they are about as much use as a blind kid with a gun is backstabbing then I guess we are guilty.
This whole idea was brought about by Sid when he suggested Jonka had other motives for it which he never, the fact we hadn't seen a Fury exec who was willing to do _anything_ in over 1 week was.

So yes, it is Fiction.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:23   #56
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Torz
You hated it as you weren't in a position to see why. It was hardly a backstab. We told you politely that we were ending the agreement. We then told you we would not target Fury galaxies. If leaving an alliance because they are about as much use as a blind kid with a gun is backstabbing then I guess we are guilty.
This whole idea was brought about by Sid when he suggested Jonka had other motives for it which he never, the fact we hadn't seen a Fury exec who was willing to do _anything_ in over 1 week was.

So yes, it is Fiction.
In your opinion. (Still luv you)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:25   #57
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Whis
Sounds quite possible yes. I don't think Eclipse will stay in the current narweet situation for much longer. In that regard, this whole denial from Eclipse that they're nothing like Fury is a complete joke in my opinion. Unless alot of their HCs, etc suddenly changed their mindset I expect they're already planning (if that ain't done already) the next 'uneven' war. Just my opinion of course.
Some of their HC have already given their commitment to Eclipse as part of WEET and stated that they are different from old Fury and will not backstab their allies.

Taking this in account and assuming that they are telling the truth then I think it is more likely that Eclipse & WEET will turn its guns on the NaR element of NARWEET with whom they are only nap'd...

It would of course be yet another 'uneven' war!

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:47   #58
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
HATE is a very powerful tool, i thank you for it.

Btw cyphie, i resent u calling me a farmer. Bring some sort of proof b4 insulting a friend.

-Necro
farmer

(Given I'd never normally do this without knowing for sure, rest assured, I know )

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/

Last edited by Petru; 25 Mar 2003 at 18:53.
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:55   #59
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
Some of their HC have already given their commitment to Eclipse as part of WEET and stated that they are different from old Fury and will not backstab their allies.

Taking this in account and assuming that they are telling the truth then I think it is more likely that Eclipse & WEET will turn its guns on the NaR element of NARWEET with whom they are only nap'd...

It would of course be yet another 'uneven' war!
Can you make up your mind?

Do you want:

1) WEET vs NAR

2) WEET to split and then fight NAR

3) WEET and NAR shuffle around into two new blocks and fight

4) Something else

As far as I can see, you aren't happy with anything. Eclipse sticking with WEET will make an 'uneven war' in your words, yet at the same time if Eclipse didnt stick with WEET then they would be backstabbers and apparently like Fury.

Make up your mind.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 18:59   #60
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
All he wants is your babies Zhil!!!112

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:10   #61
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
farmer
now read carefully "b4 you insult a friend". I don't consider u a friend, and i'm sure u don't consider me one, so please take your highly witty replies and insert them someplace where your head currently resides.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:13   #62
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
farmer

(Given I'd never normally do this without knowing for sure, rest assured, I know )
Ok, then go prove it, otherwise keep your opinions too yourself.

-Necro
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:14   #63
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spearhead
Oh my !!! You must be so elite!! 10 VS 1 and you goated them, wow what a show !!! i hope they rip your gal apart in small pieces you dont diserve to be nr1, you have no honour !
Don't forget.....

And if i could suck my own penis, i would!!112
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:15   #64
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:

-Necro
If I declare war on TeamPies, are you going to disband?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:18   #65
Petru
mefs

Quote:

-Necro
My proof is contained within the confidentiality of PATeam channels. I was part of the team discussion about your galaxy, about which galaxies you were farming. I can't give away such information without losing my position or without breaching PATeam confidentiality.

But it doesn't stop me knowing, and nothing you can say or do will change the fact I saw it all and was in the discussions relating to it.

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:30   #66
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
If I declare war on TeamPies, are you going to disband?
haven't you used that about ooh i dunno 600 times now? ;/

-Necro
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:31   #67
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
My proof is contained within the confidentiality of PATeam channels. I was part of the team discussion about your galaxy, about which galaxies you were farming. I can't give away such information without losing my position or without breaching PATeam confidentiality.

But it doesn't stop me knowing, and nothing you can say or do will change the fact I saw it all and was in the discussions relating to it.
So let me see.

Fact 1 - Farming in planetarion = illegal.

Your Version of Things 1 - PA TEAM apparently know were farming.

Fact 2 - We have not been deleted.

Either that doesn't sound right, or i have issue's.

:/

-Necro
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:33   #68
Petru
mefs

Quote:
So let me see.

Fact 1 - Farming in planetarion = illegal.

Your Version of Things 1 - PA TEAM apparently know were farming.

Fact 2 - We have not been deleted.

Either that doesn't sound right, or i have issue's.

:/

-Necro
Unfortunately it seems this round 1 and 2 don't seem to add up to what it used to.

Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:53   #69
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Unfortunately it seems this round 1 and 2 don't seem to add up to what it used to.
Not what i got told.

-Necro
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:56   #70
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis_WLF
I dunno its all kinda mixed one part complains in a sort of whining manner but one side has an excellant point. on 5 occasions that I have personally seen 5 planets had 3 waves of <pure weet not NAR however 2 came from dragon galaxies> the total amount of hostiles exceeded 4k the planet these people all have 350-450k more score than the person they were attacking and the total amount of roids the planet had was 75! 3 waves to hit a 75 roid planet now. Also I have seen lots of piggybacking <meaning waved planets where the eta between attackers is 1-2 apart from each other>. The people would get PA mails from their attacker calling them various names due to the extra incoming which by the way was also from the same alliance or block that the person PA mailing was from.

I do not know if they are scared to engage each other or they plan on maintaining the nap for the full round and if thats the case the round is dead and they have successfully killed it already pretty much. So its not up to vvomm to do anything its up to the Nar / weet to do something and if their nap remains the top player will only be something like 8 mil with 2.2k roids heh. Make no mistake though if Nar / weet does engage each other vvomm will add extra incoming to either both or one of those alliances which is another reason I still think eclipse and Rah and 1 other group will form a new block or some new alliance emerge from within eclipse.

I do not mind to much about all the propaganda it all has its places in wars but ya do not have to read it heh. People should be able to post whatever they wanna so long as its in the right area but making a thread to tell people propaganda is lame is in fact a version of propaganda heh.
News scans arent out yet, it certainly has not been long enough to justify thinking that anyone is napped for the round. This entire "crisis" was invented by vom. IF they hadnt been whining for so long people would realize that it hasnt really been going on that long.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 19:57   #71
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
well, actually the top 1000 players has any average of about 400 roids and they are virtually all ZWARTNEEF planets. The average of 150 for NON-ZWARTNEEF gals could be about right. But the difference is at least a factor 2,5 and not just 100 roids. The NON-ZWARTNEEF roids are 95% selfinitiated roids where the ZWARTNEEF roids are only about 25 to 30% initiated themselves
Also the score difference is huge so recovering those roids is virtually impossible.

hAl
Im sorry, but you just have absolutely no idea how this game is played if you think that vom cant rebuild. There is about 50x more time than they would need to do so. It would be so incredibly easy for them to rebuild if the pressure was off any time in the next couple weeks. Im not sure how I can prove this to you, other than pointing out that FLTV did it from much farther behind later in the round in rd 6.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tesla
How the fk do u rebuild when all ur members are under attack all day everyday at the same fckin time; 5:55-59 GMT... We cant defend when everyone is under attack, our only chance is retal and at the end of the day u outnumber us to the extent of unfunnyness... But sure tell urself its a battle.. Whatever makes u happy... I thought u knew better from beein a bashed FLTTV in r6, mind u, u didnt get to rebuild till FoS and XeTa started fighting..

Tesla
Pls read the entire debate Tesla, we are talking about how Vom could rebuild if the pressure was off them.

Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
Keep telling yourself that.
Why dont you check your calender and check the forums for when the first post about the unfair war popped up and then shut up.
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 20:29   #72
Whis
never

Whis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Assuming that they are speaking the truth as you pointed out yes.. As for backstabbing it depends what you mean by it. I'm sure they'll say the old Fury never backstabbed anyone whatever the meaning of the word. No doubt they got sweet explanations for everything they did & will do. Personally I prefer to fight wars where both sides are as equal as possible.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:08   #73
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Pls read the entire debate Tesla, we are talking about how Vom could rebuild if the pressure was off them.
Bleh..but there is no fun in reading whole threads ..and this is true..if pressure was laid off we would be able to rebuild..Like FLTTV in r6..

Tesla
Unread 25 Mar 2003, 23:55   #74
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
All he wants is your babies Zhil!!!112
OFC...wudn't anyone want Zh|l's babies? Just think what intelligent kiddies they will be...

We cud even call one Sid and another Germania...what a happy family we all wud be

Now leaving behind the fantasy...pleasant tho it is...

Zh|l...I don't know how you can accuse me of being inconsistent as I have consistently stated that I believe the 2nd war when it comes will be WEET vs NaR (partly because Razorback?Focht posted on another thread that you will not 'stab' allies anymore... o_O)

It is what I expect...but is not what I want...

What I want is NARWET to all hit Eclipse...now that wud be fun...Not sure it would happen tho...

But it actually makes sense in a weird way and would really open the round up...

Imagine all the elite of VOM and then Eclipse overwhelmed by numbers...we would then have someone really unexpected winning the round!

R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 00:03   #75
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Eclipse Elites?

I love how people assume that Eclipse are the "Elite" amongst our little coalition.

You'll find majority of the alliances in it are on par.

-Necro
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 00:06   #76
Hardin

Quote:
Eclipse Elites?

I love how people assume that Eclipse are the "Elite" amongst our little coalition.

-Necro
Well I assumed with Zh|l, Focht etc on ur leadership team u had to be elite?

Unread 26 Mar 2003, 00:40   #77
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Eclipse Elites?

-Necro
I found this rather funny

Jester
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 01:47   #78
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Hah. WP? Ely?

Come on Necro. That's as bad as "We don't farm".

In fact, it's worse.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 01:56   #79
Norseman
4ever a Snuggly Bunny

Norseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Hah. WP? Ely?

Come on Necro. That's as bad as "We don't farm".

In fact, it's worse.
You never know... Elysium was a crap alliance in r4, a bit better in r5 and suddenly on par with the best in r6

things change fast, not saying thats the case this time
R3: 111:17
R4: 2:15 Elysium
R5: 1:5 Elysium
R6: 24:16 Elysium
R8: 28:?? Adelante
Retired & vanished
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 02:33   #80
wubanger
what do you care...

wubanger is an unknown quantity at this point
A little something I found a while ago for those with memory lapses on anceint pa history...
original can be found here

After Round 4 the sides were pretty much set at:
Fury/Wolfpack/Bluetuba and Legion/Elysium (WTF/Ve) vs NoS/Cell/Xanadu (NoCeX) and G-II/MI^/Templar (GMT) TSU

During the first weeks fighting was intense with the Fury/Legion side coming out on top then in the space of about a week NoCeX managed to collapse, their cords were leaked and pasted all over the internet leading them to tag up as [np] for "No Problem you have our cords” unfortunately it turned out to be a major problem and the WTF/Ve block swept to victory.

With the round becoming stagnant and no targets due to the five biggest alliances being allied boredom set in cumulating with Bluetuba dissolving (Only to reform as Ni!). It soon became increasingly clear that the best two alliances ever to play the game wanted to continue playing together and after consulting with Legion HC a deal was brokered where by Fury would attack Legion's ally Elysium (Legion would turn a blind eye) and Legion would attack Fury's allies Ni! and Wolfpack (Fury would in turn claim to be tied up with Elysium and ignore it). The Planetarion universe reacted angry to this betrayal and decided tried to bring down Legion an attempt, which failed miserably.

When the round ended Legion and Fury controlled almost every Top 100 galaxy with the Top 3 galaxies and players belonging to Legion and the highest average score belonging to Fury. All in all a very fun round.

- Hicks
- Officer of The [Fury]
-------------------------------------------------

heh..not that I cared any since it wasn't my fight, but the amt of ppl involved then still denying that's how it went is amazing. Even worse that some of that sounds like a review of this round so far

Former Member
Ministry(HC), Xanadu(WingHC) and 1up (peon)
wubanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 02:43   #81
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Hmm that's an old one indeed. I posted that more out a desire to make Planetarion seem exciting so my friends from Wireplay would play again, looking back I posted that more from PA boards rumours than hard facts simply because I wasn't trusted enough in Fury command and I certainly didn't have the right Executive contacts to know the full story hence the relay of PA board version of events, however I doubt very much a deal like that went on.

I would think it went more like Fury started to attack Elysium as they needed asteroids, rather than risk an important future ally Legion responded by attacking WPO and Ni!. I imagine it was at this point that both sides sat down and decided that relations with one another were more important than relations with their other allies. From a Fury stand point I think what Zhil posted sums it up, WPO weren't the alliance we had allied with at the end of Round 4 and Ni! weren't Bluetuba. In reality we also offer them a lot of support in cluster especially Ni! And =V=.

I was actually a Wrath Officer when I posted that to :eek:

Last edited by Hicks; 26 Mar 2003 at 03:05.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 02:46   #82
wubanger
what do you care...

wubanger is an unknown quantity at this point
see your pm

Former Member
Ministry(HC), Xanadu(WingHC) and 1up (peon)
wubanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 03:00   #83
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
OFC...wudn't anyone want Zh|l's babies? Just think what intelligent kiddies they will be...

We cud even call one Sid and another Germania...what a happy family we all wud be

Now leaving behind the fantasy...pleasant tho it is...

Zh|l...I don't know how you can accuse me of being inconsistent as I have consistently stated that I believe the 2nd war when it comes will be WEET vs NaR (partly because Razorback?Focht posted on another thread that you will not 'stab' allies anymore... o_O)

It is what I expect...but is not what I want...

What I want is NARWET to all hit Eclipse...now that wud be fun...Not sure it would happen tho...

But it actually makes sense in a weird way and would really open the round up...

Imagine all the elite of VOM and then Eclipse overwhelmed by numbers...we would then have someone really unexpected winning the round!

Yes I can see how everyone vs Eclipse would really pave the way for a nonstagnated round.

Your logic just doesnt add up and I think you are more wanting out of some bitterness towards Eclipse for daring to oppose VoM in some organized fashion.

I won't bother quoting your 'elite' comment about me and Focht. Where have I claimed to be elite? The only thing I have claimed is that I know more than say, a basic person at member level. Thats a fact, not any propaganda or misdirection. All in all, you're posting seems to be downgrading itself Hardin. You had some coherent arguements before the round, but now you've resorted to attacks upon my crediability. Bravo.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 03:08   #84
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by wubanger
heh..not that I cared any since it wasn't my fight, but the amt of ppl involved then still denying that's how it went is amazing. Even worse that some of that sounds like a review of this round so far
Well, thats not exactly right. Obviously Hicks had no idea exactly what went on with Legion and Fury, nor do I. I do know sids motives for it since I discussed it with him multiple times.

But the basics of what Hicks said are accurate. Nocex fell apart, leaving us with an unneccessarily overwhelming block and no one to fight. So we went through an ugly stagnation period. The stagnation hurt everyone including Fury who started to lose activity and members. So sid decided that we needed to fight someone else. Our relations with Legion had made us closer and closer over the round so we did not want to fight them. Elysium was the alliance in the block we had the least ties to, and they were #3 in the rankings, Sid was certain we would win, but hoped it would be a good fight. It wasnt, we looked like bigger bullys that we imagined. We did turn on a member of our block. We did it because of stagnation, because we were losing members to boredom.

Thats what happened, no one is trying to deny it.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 03:10   #85
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Replied.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 10:36   #86
Hardin

Quote:
Yes I can see how everyone vs Eclipse would really pave the way for a nonstagnated round.

Your logic just doesnt add up and I think you are more wanting out of some bitterness towards Eclipse for daring to oppose VoM in some organized fashion.

I won't bother quoting your 'elite' comment about me and Focht. Where have I claimed to be elite? The only thing I have claimed is that I know more than say, a basic person at member level. Thats a fact, not any propaganda or misdirection. All in all, you're posting seems to be downgrading itself Hardin. You had some coherent arguements before the round, but now you've resorted to attacks upon my crediability. Bravo.
Excuse me mate...but you are being a bit defensive here...

That post was tongue-in-cheek. Do you honestly believe I would expect all NARWET to gang up on Eclipse?

I even put a smiley in there ffs...

I just thought it was amusing to speculate on what a strange result to the round it would be if all VoM and Eclipse were dead by mid-round. Who would win then?

It certainly wouldn't be what many expected before the round as, like it or not Zh|l, Eclipse are seen by the majority in VoM as the power behind WEET and expected winners now we are so degraded.

Maybe I touched a nerve or summat?

ps. Talking of misdirection -

I love being attacked for claiming that you had claimed to be elite...when I have never claimed that you claimed to be elite.

I claimed that you were elite myself...not because you made any claim on your own behalf but because I know you are a great HC and a master of AD propoganda (normally)...

Last edited by Hardin; 26 Mar 2003 at 10:46.
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 13:17   #87
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

No Scouse, i'm being serious on both accounts.

Yet i suppose if we saw an eclipse vs wp war (not that this would ever happen in pa, thus these things can only be measure on assumption, and assumption around here is heavily biased) i "personally assume" (heh) that Eclipse would be bent over and abused, and the forums would be full of "WP mass recruitment, half of universe vs us!11" or whatever.

ITs the same old pathetic **** from 1 group or another each round. The result we are in now can only ever be a result of ones own actions. If Vom though they were gonna be out-numbered, then they should of realised that announcing a powerblock to an incompetent and insecure universe would only bring about mass opposistion.

Bold, but also Stupid.

-Necro
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 14:58   #88
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If Vom though they were gonna be out-numbered, then they should of realised that announcing a powerblock to an incompetent and insecure universe would only bring about mass opposistion.

Bold, but also Stupid.

-Necro
Maybe they knew they'd be teamed up on by 2 other blocks, which would later break up, allowing them to ally each of the other blocks in turn before the end of the round, swapping at just the right moment, resulting in them finishing the round with most top ranks and so announced as winners.

If all 3 blocks are going to get a beating from the other 2 at some point in the round, surely getting the first beating means you've got the best chance to win the round?

Playing dead just gets your beating out of the way first and the quicker the other 2 blocks break up, the quicker you ally one and the more chance you get to claim the top ranks.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 16:21   #89
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Maybe they knew they'd be teamed up on by 2 other blocks, which would later break up, allowing them to ally each of the other blocks in turn before the end of the round, swapping at just the right moment, resulting in them finishing the round with most top ranks and so announced as winners.

If all 3 blocks are going to get a beating from the other 2 at some point in the round, surely getting the first beating means you've got the best chance to win the round?

Playing dead just gets your beating out of the way first and the quicker the other 2 blocks break up, the quicker you ally one and the more chance you get to claim the top ranks.
comedy =)

with a first beating this intense (most ppl i know cant seem to get over 100 roids) its 'quite a challenge' to get in the game again, to put it mildly.... weenar is growing 3-4 times faster than we are... how should this mathematically work ?
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 16:31   #90
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Indeed Scouse, while ur logic is technically sound, ths sheer maginitude of the beating that VvomM took could only suggest what ur purpose is near to impossible.

Granted VvomM have some fantastic players, and once they do come back into there will be some high VvomM gals, but i honestly doubt VvomM will be declared winners at any point this round.

-Necro
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 17:25   #91
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Granted VvomM have some fantastic players, and once they do come back into there will be some high VvomM gals, but i honestly doubt VvomM will be declared winners at any point this round.
as opposed to your galaxy, which is full of ****ty players who have to cheat to get ahead, and who still wont be declared winners of any round, ever...
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 17:34   #92
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Excuse me mate...but you are being a bit defensive here...

That post was tongue-in-cheek. Do you honestly believe I would expect all NARWET to gang up on Eclipse?

I even put a smiley in there ffs...

I just thought it was amusing to speculate on what a strange result to the round it would be if all VoM and Eclipse were dead by mid-round. Who would win then?

It certainly wouldn't be what many expected before the round as, like it or not Zh|l, Eclipse are seen by the majority in VoM as the power behind WEET and expected winners now we are so degraded.

Maybe I touched a nerve or summat?

ps. Talking of misdirection -

I love being attacked for claiming that you had claimed to be elite...when I have never claimed that you claimed to be elite.

I claimed that you were elite myself...not because you made any claim on your own behalf but because I know you are a great HC and a master of AD propoganda (normally)...
No nerve touched, I thought you were being sarcastic mixed with serious. Oh well.

I wouldnt say Eclipse is more elite than any other alliance at this stage. We are still learning.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 18:16   #93
Zitos
vole vo koshe avec moi?

Zitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny how people can talk about all and every thing else than whats on the topic.. And why aint I suprised that I read about some old Fury politic history, etc, etc..? People can read that in every other thread around here..

How ever, back to topic:

"We are dead, dont attak us weetnarfztuf.."

No boddy cares.. Atleast I dont.. if you want some war betwean them - go on irc and talk with the alliance hc's, try to in other ways, to split them up.. As Necro says, comming here - crying dont help you a squat.. So please stopp this.. And I am so blooooody tired about this weetnarfhtz thingy.. Even though people attack you, it dont have to mean they are actualy allied to eachother.. I would like to see i.e. Elysium having some realtions with FAnG or Zenith, before you post any thing about it.. As I personaly dont think there is much ties betwean the Wee's and Zenith & FAnG.. So can you please stopp saying that you are attacked by weetnarfsz, when you got some incs from whatever planet..

And at the end, a question to Petru: "Whats the point in monitoring farmers, if you dont delete them when you got proves they farm?" - Tell my why..

So since he (his galaxy) farmed, then could you* please kick theire ass'es out of pa? And if you* dont, then stopp the accusions..

* you, and that fashionable 'crew' of yours..
round 3 :: 037:20 -- [trg] "judge dean of zitoz"
round 4 :: 236:17 -- [trg] [reborn] "gambler zitoz of deaths casino"
round 5 :: 025:20 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of stolen roids"
round 7 :: 015:07 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of ldkbots"
round 8 :: 028:07 -- [trg] [nfu] "i am tired of this"
round 9 :: 049:09 -- [wolves] [attitude] "i couldnt think of a fancy planet and ruler name"

Last edited by Zitos; 26 Mar 2003 at 18:23.
Zitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2003, 19:09   #94
K-W
Bored

Scouse is absolutlely right. Anyone who is betting agaisnt vom right now is off thier rocker.

The severe magnitude? What are you talking about, this is PA, you cant blow up planets. Unless your members all quit there is definately no way that any amount of damage this early in the round could doom you for the round. Alliances have been beaten just as hard much farther into the round and made dramatic comebacks.

As soon as the pressure on vom is off and they are in a position to do some roidings, they will be able to very easily get back on thier feet. Taking the first beating of the round is indeed the best beating to take.

If everyone in vom had just signed their planets up and were all on 3 roids id not count them out of potentially being on top in the end if they got the right breaks.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 02:09   #95
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
as opposed to your galaxy, which is full of ****ty players who have to cheat to get ahead, and who still wont be declared winners of any round, ever...
CAN I HAVE MY CRACK PIPE BACK PLEASE?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 02:14   #96
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Scouse is absolutlely right. Anyone who is betting agaisnt vom right now is off thier rocker.

The severe magnitude? What are you talking about, this is PA, you cant blow up planets. Unless your members all quit there is definately no way that any amount of damage this early in the round could doom you for the round. Alliances have been beaten just as hard much farther into the round and made dramatic comebacks.
I Don't think vvomm can win this round, its possible, but this is a game and the effort required would be far too much. They may have some gals, and that have managed to fence sit. [Also] some who haven't (these i admire very much). These two types of gal, could perhaps be seen in the top 10 come end of round, which given their situation would of been a remarkable feat. Much like the fury gal in round 6.

However, on a whole, while technically there members are still there, and indeed do have planets, yet its the morale decline that the war has thrust onto the VvomM players that adds too the difficulties of any winning come back.

I hope i put myself accross there correctly.

If not due apologise, i'm rather stoned.

-Necro
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 04:28   #97
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
haven't you used that about ooh i dunno 600 times now? ;/
Yes, but it's still funny :\

You're taking on the position of the "Kiss of Death" to alliances :\

"oh ****, Necro joined, we're gonna disband soon :\"

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:27   #98
K-W
Bored

Quote:
I Don't think vvomm can win this round, its possible, but this is a game and the effort required would be far too much. They may have some gals, and that have managed to fence sit. [Also] some who haven't (these i admire very much). These two types of gal, could perhaps be seen in the top 10 come end of round, which given their situation would of been a remarkable feat. Much like the fury gal in round 6.

However, on a whole, while technically there members are still there, and indeed do have planets, yet its the morale decline that the war has thrust onto the VvomM players that adds too the difficulties of any winning come back.

I hope i put myself accross there correctly.

If not due apologise, i'm rather stoned.

-Necro
First off, there is a ton of time. I know alot of people have forgotten, but we are only 2 weeks into the round. There is 2.5 months left in the round. more than enough time for people to make up on a few weeks of not too much growth.

You would be correct. Head to head growth wise it could never be made up, but if there is either an even war, where both sides get battered, or if we got through more than one war, where no alliance avoids a beating, then Vom will have the chance it would need to make up the distance.

If, as scouse suggested, we were to have 3 wars, with each block taking a licking, vom would indeed win having taken thier beating earliest.

Last edited by K-W; 27 Mar 2003 at 05:47.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 05:31   #99
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
Yes, but it's still funny :\

You're taking on the position of the "Kiss of Death" to alliances :\

"oh ****, Necro joined, we're gonna disband soon :\"
Someone better tell Doingo

On the VoM thing, I don't think it's remotely possible to talk about their "beating" being a "harsh and unequalled beating". The round is so early it's far easier to recover from now than later if given the option.

Is it worse to lose 200 500k planets or to lose 200 10m planets. Such is my view on it anyway.

The score gap between teenwar planets and vvomm planets is now quite in a bit in terms of A - B, but the score max and min are both very low. As Scouse said, get it out of the way now, less score lost overall and quicker to rebuild. I've said all along that this would see a r6 result rather than r5/r7, just glad others are starting to see it too.

There's a lot of life and a hell of a lot of intrigue yet to come in this round.

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 09:58   #100
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
First off, there is a ton of time. I know alot of people have forgotten, but we are only 2 weeks into the round. There is 2.5 months left in the round. more than enough time for people to make up on a few weeks of not too much growth.

You would be correct. Head to head growth wise it could never be made up, but if there is either an even war, where both sides get battered, or if we got through more than one war, where no alliance avoids a beating, then Vom will have the chance it would need to make up the distance.

If, as scouse suggested, we were to have 3 wars, with each block taking a licking, vom would indeed win having taken thier beating earliest.
You are so clueless and without understanding of games it hurts.