User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 00:11   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
To Midas: Nasty Opers.

An open response, to Midas' deleted thread.

[Midas complained about harsh treatment in #feds and ppl's attitude to him]

Midas,

Sorry you felt treated badly. I guess that since you've been gone, #feds has become a very strict place. We have a total blanket policy on it's usage. This is due to regular visits by ppl telling us passwords and other info that they should really give via PM.

The person you spoke to doesn't know you, and wasn't around when you helped found the the network. If it had been me, I'd have said hello ofc, although I'd have still mentioned you should leave the chan at your earliest opportunity

Basically I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if you got upset, but I also think your "opers suck ass now" comments are really not helpful, nor indicative.

We've come a long way since becoming NetGamers, and I insist we're a much better, happier, friendlier place.

Anyway - swing by #netgamers and say "hi"

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 00:12   #2
Idi

oh come on mong..

you lot have been a bunch of **** for ages ffs!

Last edited by Dead_Meat; 5 Feb 2003 at 09:49.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 00:14   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
MIDAS!!! EMAIL ME FFS :\
and yes.. sorry if you felt you were being 'ill-treated' but Mit was being nice :P

if i was there at the time i would have (prolly forgotten bout #netgamers :\) but told you some channels to find people and then said to leave

you know.. chan policy, etc.

but nice to see you back
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 00:15   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
oh come on mong..

you lot have been a bunch of ***** for ages ffs!
Are you bored of being Idi now or something?
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 00:19   #5
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
no actually it's called 'jumping on the bandwagon'

most people who complain about the ops have prolly never had a 'run-in' with one. it's like 'he glined a friend of a friend.. the BASTARD!!'

etc etc
sometimes the ops are pricks.. and the stories get around.. and then everyone hates them.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 00:23   #6
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn

most people who complain about the ops have prolly never had a 'run-in' with one. it's like 'he glined a friend of a friend.. the BASTARD!!'

etc etc
sometimes the ops are pricks.. and the stories get around.. and then everyone hates them.
yeah apart from i helped start #help during round 2 untill i had my accessed removed, at the same time pa-radio started up, by a certain oper with no sense of humour!

Ive been bitching at the ops for way longer than midas has!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 00:58   #7
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
Mong did you go to Tribal gathering in manchester on friday?
Strange you should ask that... I'm not sure if I was "there" so to speak

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:00   #8
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
oh come on mong..

you lot have been a bunch of **** for ages ffs!
That's bang out of order mate.

I can't speak for all opers ofc, but if I've done anything wrong then I expect to be told. I'll apologise and try not to do it again

I treat ppl well. I guess you get the respect you deserve, from how you deal with others.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Last edited by Dead_Meat; 5 Feb 2003 at 09:49.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:02   #9
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
That's bang out of order mate.

I can't speak for all opers ofc, but if I've done anything wrong then I expect to be told. I'll apologise and try not to do it again

I treat ppl well. I guess you get the respect you deserve, from how you deal with others.

M.
well ok you're alright

but the majority of the others arent.

say hi to morph for me!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:19   #10
Midas

Quote:

M.
Mong, do you deny that about a day after I was suspended you emailed the list confessing the exact same things I was suspended for. (Abusing wallops/ctcp flooding I believe). You were told not to worry about it by another oper and nothing was said after that. The excuses were then that I had a bad attitude but wouldnt you if the above happened to you.
You admitted to ctcp flooding a chan with your alliance all in ood humour.fair enough. But my ctcp flooding with Torz was also in good humour, we did it to each other and it was quite amusing. So i ask you what the difference was?
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:20   #11
Homerio
Furious Angel

Homerio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn

etc etc
midas used to g-line and k-line me frequently cos i called his girlfriend a whore once :/

<Slava> If we quit pa and take up residence in a new game that would be better. Take our organisation, alliance, and skills elsewhere.
<Hathor^> hyperiums
<Hathor^> Dark Galaxy
<Slava> anything will do.
* Slava imagines team-deathmatch-hopscotch
Homerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:25   #12
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Snazbaz
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:38   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
oh come on mong..

you lot have been a bunch of ****s for ages ffs!

Once upon a time, censor evasion got a person banned.

Oh, and you don't need to use 2 different vb codes to do it.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:43   #14
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
once upon a time the forums used to be good.

So what, get over it.
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 01:54   #15
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Some of us still care though, so I'm afraid I won't "get over" it.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 02:01   #16
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Once upon a time, censor evasion got a person banned.

Oh, and you don't need to use 2 different vb codes to do it.
Once upon a time!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 02:12   #17
Cochese
Retired

It's really quite a sad state of affairs.

No wonder most people have left.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 02:18   #18
Lazarus

Quote:
It's really quite a sad state of affairs.

No wonder most people have left.

So you believe that most of the people who have left PA forums have done so because occassionally a person censor evades?
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 03:24   #19
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus
So you believe that most of the people who have left PA forums have done so because occassionally a person censor evades?

How you came to that conclusion is beyond me. You have to look at that censor evasion as an example of the shape of things, not the end-all reason for the forums' current state of affairs.

I'm simply stating that, for reasons like un-enforced (or selectively enforced) rules, these forums have degraded.

A few things I think contribute to the shoddy state of the forums:

-Nonexistent advertising/funding for the game in which these forums originally revolved around over the last year has left us with little or no influx of new people and personalities that keep a community interesting.

-An erratic administration (Karm does as he pleases essentially, while JJ comes on drunk and rambles and Ashknight hasn't been seen since Disco ended in 1979) that doesn't seem to operate with any foresight or goals for the future...or even attempts to make any significant changes, other than a few new smilies here, a few more stylesets there (which is nice, but doesn't solve the problem). Not character flaws, I don't think, more to do with my first point about a lack of advertising/funding...they are likely just as disenfranchised as I. Still, there is too much "we do as we please" attitude around here, which isn't the way to run a community with 2 distinct groups of people in it.

-Little things, like "awarding" custom avatars to selected individuals, instead of making it an option for all to use, which adds to the rift between people and frankly, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Either let us all use them, or only the mods, who already "work" for free and should rightfully have something to reward their efforts. Giving them to select individuals for no apparent reason is just pointless. Again, the "we can do whatever we want" attitude.

What we are left with, is this mess. No one seems to take any initiative to clean it up, or even attempt to...there are occasional things, like the "Trollstars" (dodgy, but an idea along the right track: community involvement) or the Photoshop "contests" I used to see on here from time to time.

Changes are needed, and have been for a very long time.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 03:41   #20
Aryn
Happy

this is why cochese should be a mod again
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 03:50   #21
W
Gubbish

Quote:
How you came to that conclusion is beyond me. You have to look at that censor evasion as an example of the shape of things, not the end-all reason for the forums' current state of affairs.

I'm simply stating that, for reasons like un-enforced (or selectively enforced) rules, these forums have degraded.

-Nonexistent advertising/funding for the game in which these forums originally revolved around over the last year has left us with little or no influx of new people and personalities that keep a community interesting.

-An erratic administration (Karm does as he pleases essentially, while JJ comes on drunk and rambles and Ashknight hasn't been seen since Disco ended in 1979) that doesn't seem to operate with any foresight or goals for the future...or even attempts to make any significant changes, other than a few new smilies here, a few more stylesets there (which is nice, but doesn't solve the problem). Not character flaws, I don't think, more to do with my first point about a lack of advertising/funding...they are likely just as disenfranchised as I. Still, there is too much "we do as we please" attitude around here, which isn't the way to run a community with 2 distinct groups of people in it.

-Little things, like "awarding" custom avatars to selected individuals, instead of making it an option for all to use, which adds to the rift between people and frankly, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Either let us all use them, or only the mods, who already "work" for free and should rightfully have something to reward their efforts. Giving them to select individuals for no apparent reason is just pointless. Again, the "we can do whatever we want" attitude.

What we are left with, is this mess. No one seems to take any initiative to clean it up, or even attempt to...there are occasional things, like the "Trollstars" (dodgy, but an idea along the right track: community involvement) or the Photoshop "contests" I used to see on here from time to time.

I couldn't disagree more. Take any view of yours in this post, and my view is the complete opposite.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 06:04   #22
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by W
I couldn't disagree more. Take any view of yours in this post, and my view is the complete opposite.

I would be interested to hear your views, and how exactly they differ from mine...if for no other reason than to gain another perspective on this situation

Do you see any "problems" with the forums, and how would you suggest dealing with them?

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 06:10   #23
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ALL OPERS ON EVERY IRC NETWORK IN EXISTENCE SHOULD KNOW WHO MIDAS IS, HE IS A LEGEND, AND THE FACT THAT ONE OF THEM HAS FORGOTTEN HAS BROUGHT SHAME UPON THE ENTIRE INTERNET RELAY CHAT PROTOCOL. IN FUTURE, YOU SHOULD HAVE UWORLD NOTICING ALL IRCOPS EVERY 60 SECONDS SAYING "REMEMBER THAT MIDAS SINGLEHANDEDLY MADE YOU ALL THE PEOPLE YOU ARE TODAY", JUST IN CASE THEY FORGET! ALSO, ALL NEW RECRUITS SHOULD BE MADE TO WATCH A COPY OF "THE 60 DAYS OF MIDAS" VIDEO CASSETTE WHICH EXPLAINS IN DETAIL THE PROMINENT ROLE HE HAD IN CREATING PLANETAROIN IRC JUST SO THEY KNOW WHERE THEIR ENTIRE HERITAGE HAS CAME FROM!

PS - the IRCops on netgamers have always sucked tremendous amounts of balls since the very first day it was created, except from jeekay* who is

* To be fair, Ive never dealt with Mong.

Last edited by Nodrog; 5 Feb 2003 at 06:23.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 06:29   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

Its funny because all the admins initially blamed Zeus 'handcuffing' them for their complete lack of initiative, but now Zeus has gone and they still havent shown any! (Although the new styles are )

Last edited by Nodrog; 5 Feb 2003 at 06:41.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 06:50   #25
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Its funny because all the admins initially blamed Zeus 'handcuffing' them for their complete lack of initiative, but now Zeus has gone and they still havent shown any! (Although the new styles are )

Good point, I'd forgotten about that...they pretty much have autonomy now, and still haven't done anything to improve the situation (though I do agree, the new styles rock).

Since PA Team is in virtual dissaray and Zeus is gone, they really don't have anyone to report to, or to be held accountable against.

I doubt Jolt will do anything, just look at their crap forums. THAT is what I don't want our community to end up like, and unforutnately, that's just where we're headed.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 08:13   #26
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Its the way of the world mates, people in power are or turn in to general assholes when they get the slightest wif of power... get over it! Btw #feds crew next time be a bit more friendly to your 'paying' customers. TA
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 08:18   #27
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Spearhead
Its the way of the world mates, people in power are or turn in to general assholes when they get the slightest wif of power

That isn't always the case though. People that are sensible and responsble in the first place, can then handle any bit of power they get sensibly and responsibly.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 08:49   #28
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Quote:
That isn't always the case though. People that are sensible and responsble in the first place, can then handle any bit of power they get sensibly and responsibly.
Coch you are right there, shame they aint sensible and responsble around here mmm...wish you were modding again
Heh what you expect from a bunch of twatty children...this remids me of the shock i had earlier this week, when i checked the pics of some PA-crew guys, they are all still in there teens man!
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 11:38   #29
Idi

Quote:
Originally posted by Spearhead
Its the way of the world mates, people in power are or turn in to general assholes when they get the slightest wif of power... get over it! Btw #feds crew next time be a bit more friendly to your 'paying' customers. TA
#feds dont have any paying customers do they? Netgamers is autonomous and seperate from Planetarion....
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 12:06   #30
Mong
Forever Delayed

I must say that the positive feedback here really makes me feel worthwhile. It feels good to put in many hours each week helping users, answering emails, doing forums and generally promoting NG, PA, etc... I really enjoy getting regular emails from users, getting an SMS at 4am because somebody is flooding and more help is needed.

But your positive feedback makes me know I'm doing a Good Thing.

I bask in the glow of your loving affection

(Summary: Why do I bother?)

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 12:19   #31
Messiah
Set Free

Messiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Cochese, you're becoming more bitter than me.

That's quite an achievement.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 13:18   #32
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:

overly literal answer:

What do you expect, Mong Appreciation Day? People judge what they see - if you're putting all that effort in with no effect then it IS wasted effort. Though more likely, you are satisfied with what you have and recognise people's blanket negativity as just that.

It's not really a question you can ask GD is it. A psychiatrist, maybe.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 13:24   #33
W
Gubbish

Quote:
I must say that the positive feedback here really makes me feel worthwhile. It feels good to put in many hours each week helping users, answering emails, doing forums and generally promoting NG, PA, etc... I really enjoy getting regular emails from users, getting an SMS at 4am because somebody is flooding and more help is needed.

Positive feedback is for the vain.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 13:27   #34
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Quote:
now now dont be that way, i didnt say you where ****e did i
i retract my words you are ACE! keep up the good work
we need you !!! and your work is appreciated
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 14:31   #35
Mong
Forever Delayed

*blush*

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 5 Feb 2003, 15:38   #36
Nodrog

Quote:

To be honest, you seem like one of the better ones. Youre the only paIRC person I've personally encountered (before and after split) that seems to care about the network as opposed to the power it gives you, although I obviously dont know what goes on behind the scenes.
Unread 5 Feb 2003, 15:48   #37
Ashknight
Buried under JJ's Patio

Ashknight is a jewel in the roughAshknight is a jewel in the roughAshknight is a jewel in the roughAshknight is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Ashknight hasn't been seen since Disco ended in 1979)
I am hiding out with Lord Lucan at the moment, dont give the game away ffs

A long term peon

<Mushroom> put it in slowly, bit by bit KaneED
<KaneED> i like it all in at once though
Ashknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 14:08   #38
Mong
Forever Delayed

01:25<Midas> wheres mong
01:26<Prince> at work?
01:26<Midas> why was my thread deleted from the boards
01:26<Midas> everything was the truth
01:27<Midas> it was deleted cus it made him look bad

I didn't delete it - I can't delete threads.

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 6 Feb 2003, 14:15   #39
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Jeekay and P abuse me Please remove them from this network.

Oh, and Idimmu. He calls me bad words
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 23:33   #40
Aryn
Happy

pbot was way better than p :\
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 23:45   #41
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
i won't

even bother defending anyone this time, because clearly i'm just an "arse licking little twat"

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 09:35   #42
Karmulian

Quote:

1. I'm simply stating that, for reasons like un-enforced (or selectively enforced) rules, these forums have degraded.

2. An erratic administration (Karm does as he pleases essentially, while JJ comes on drunk and rambles and Ashknight hasn't been seen since Disco ended in 1979) that doesn't seem to operate with any foresight or goals for the future...or even attempts to make any significant changes, other than a few new smilies here, a few more stylesets there (which is nice, but doesn't solve the problem). Not character flaws, I don't think, more to do with my first point about a lack of advertising/funding...they are likely just as disenfranchised as I. Still, there is too much "we do as we please" attitude around here, which isn't the way to run a community with 2 distinct groups of people in it.

3. Little things, like "awarding" custom avatars to selected individuals, instead of making it an option for all to use, which adds to the rift between people and frankly, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Either let us all use them, or only the mods, who already "work" for free and should rightfully have something to reward their efforts. Giving them to select individuals for no apparent reason is just pointless. Again, the "we can do whatever we want" attitude.

1. Agreed, I ahve brought up recently
2. Agreed.. cause Ashy and JJ aren'taround for me to discuss things i do with.
Stylesheets are the most i can change for the mo as i don't have code access(And VB3 is out soon so i see little point for now).
but i did have a long list of things to add.
As said a few thousand times if there is something u want changing.. pm me
3. Avatars - dunno about Ashy or JJ - but i only award them when people do things as favours.. that effect forums significantly
eg. - zeriod(mbushell) for designing all the new GFX on the styles)

Idi one an avatar for trollstars.. something which yes i offered but never planned to do as i don't agree with rewarding a Troll.. but another admin added it before i knew he had won
And jolt don't want everyone to have them.. is another reason.
one of the things they stipulated when we asked to improove the forums.. no idea why.. but don't care anyway

Also the sheer ****e on these forums.. is leaving the mods demoralised and not giving a **** about the users anymore.. and personally i can't blame them.
more over the problem being.. as they leave there is noone to replace them.. cause GD is just full of jumped up 12 yr olds