User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 01:21   #51
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
If you can't tell the difference then you must be a fool. Plus, the idea is that they only target enemies (hostile gals) so they would avoid randoms and neutrals.
Didn't Titans have such a rule back in round 7?
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 02:13   #52
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
Didn't Titans have such a rule back in round 7?
Yes. And round 6.

And in round 8, even with all gals being random, people wern't allowed to hit neutral gals. Just enemy galaxies, which there were plenty of.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:20   #53
Aneu
H O N O U R

Aneu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Oh no!!

Aneu thinks he somebody and starts trolling with a for him paradoxal question!

But then again, none of his alliances 'did' ever have any decent intel, so we should cut him some slack on this matter, not for being a dick though.
Since when did you get a clue? There is a fine line between Trolling and discussing, i think you should mayby try a little harder to see what it is next time.

Aneu

'True Power Is A State Of Mind'

Quote:
[22:27] ([ViruS]Aaranaf) your not Aneu
Aneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:29   #54
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Aneu
Since when did you get a clue? There is a fine line between Trolling and discussing, i think you should mayby try a little harder to see what it is next time.

Aneu
Oh I am sorry, next time I will check out what the line is and not mistake your overzealous repeating of the same question in a futile attempt to make the thread starter look stupid for 'trolling'.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 12:37   #55
Aneu
H O N O U R

Aneu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Oh I am sorry, next time I will check out what the line is and not mistake your overzealous repeating of the same question in a futile attempt to make the thread starter look stupid for 'trolling'.
Im not 'trying' to make anyone look stupid, im actually trying to get a response which will help the 'thread starter' aswell as everyone else (including randoms).

The simple fact being, Cluster/Para's will only be between Random galaxies, i doubt anyone in the WEE/VOM/N.H.N blocks will allow their members to ally with anyone else in a cluster apart from their allies.

I do appologise if i made it look that way, i didnt mean to, but what i am saying is what will happen more than likley.

From tic100 this round will be all our war, i support this move to help randoms, but how is the largest and only questions that sits on my mind.

Aneu

'True Power Is A State Of Mind'

Quote:
[22:27] ([ViruS]Aaranaf) your not Aneu
Aneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:16   #56
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Yes. And round 6.

And in round 8, even with all gals being random, people wern't allowed to hit neutral gals. Just enemy galaxies, which there were plenty of.
Was someone ever kicked for that rule?
I know titans that attacked random gals in round 7...
[1up]
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:25   #57
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
Was someone ever kicked for that rule?
I know titans that attacked random gals in round 7...
Yes, people were kicked for constantly attacking randoms which we didn't need to be hitting (ie not our enemy). Titans did attack randoms in round 7 and round 6 but only as part of cluster raids, whereby they had defended the hostile galaxies in previous attacks.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 13:53   #58
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
Talking

yes... you bastards never let 6:10 and 6:15 alone cause they defended my gal once :P

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 14:10   #59
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
maybe its just me but i think ppl may be missing the whole point of the thread

in a war it makes better sense to concentrate ur military might against ur enemies and not to distract urself away from them by targeting neutral's or random galaxys and by doing this u can win the war quicker if u are successful,
but then again with the win at all cost mentality within the game we are sure to see plenty of fencesittin/sidechanging etc.
pity really cause if the main protaganists VOM and WEE concentrate on each other then the other alliances within the game that have not picked a side can declare war on each other and the whole rd will not be just about the big alliance's/blocks, were that to happen then the community as a whole would probably enjoy the game better, ensuring its continuance and growth

but hey thats my opinion what do i know :P

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 14:25   #60
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by CamelToe
yes... you bastards never let 6:10 and 6:15 alone cause they defended my gal once :P
Aha, it worked!

*giggle giggle*

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 15:11   #61
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
This thread is funny. Why in the hell would you leave Randoms alone ? I would have loved to play random but clearly the current setup is completly useless for doing so. But should we than impose some kind of self restraint and leave the poor randoms alone ? That is even worse. Random want to play the game as much as the other. If this game does not allow them to have any chance that should not be brought into play by some agreement between alliances.

I think it is kind of sad if alliances organize galattacks on random gals and leave hostile gals alone especially those engaged in a war (lo Xanadu/Tesla). But I would expect people to treat a random gal just like they would a gal of a poor unorganised alliance. When they have to much roids you take them cause that is the game. I would not like to play random either knowing that some sad git decided that I cannot be attacked untill I attack myself.

Off course I also think that random should have some advantages as being in a private gals is a given advantage to those players for which something else should be put in return to random gals. But that should be in game and not some vague agreement that btw will be broken as soon as anyone spots you have a few easy roids.

hAl
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 15:54   #62
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

I didn't suggest any agreement. I didn't even ask for randoms to be left alone. I just said that it would be best for the alliances involved in wars if they left randoms alone and concentrated on their enemies, and better for the randoms if they wern't bashed everytime they got a half decent ratio.

If you think this thread is 'funny' or laughable, or you think my 'plan' would never work then you've completely missed the point of the thread.

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 16:30   #63
Dreadnought!

Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
If I were HC of a big alliance
You can only dream
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 18:57   #64
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
No. You give them suggestions. Putting up clusters with hostile galaxies in, a group of working sister galaxies etc. Galaxy reps then pick which they want from the list.

Plus, after a while even members know a great deal of the hostile galaxies and can hit them. And remember, galaxies don't just hit other galaxies, they book them with their alliance and their allies, in coordinated attacks, so generally only hostile gals are hit. And anyone defeding the hostile galaxies (cluster/parallel allies) are also hit.
Isnt that just a longwinded way of saying "I only want people to launch at the targets I explicitly give them (although if I'm in a good mood I may let them pick one out of 5 predfined choices!), wow isnt this game really good fun!" ?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 18:59   #65
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Isnt that just a longwinded way of saying "I only want people to launch at the targets I explicitly give them (although if I'm in a good mood I may let them pick one from 5 predfined choices!), wow isnt this game really good fun!"
There is usually choices. Only some times are battle groups or galaxies asked to hit specific targets.

And yes, it can be fun at times.

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 19:07   #66
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
scouse could you clarify your plan?

do you mean like mid way through the round that alliances should only hit each other and leave randoms who are neutral alone?

or do you mean like from tick start?

If its the first then your idea has strong merit, we newbs don't enjoy running away too often

However, its the second....how do u exactly plan on implementing that? randoms are just as good a target as private gals
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 19:19   #67
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i think it'd be better to leave randoms alone at the begining and concentrate on your enemies. this would give the randoms a better chance at starting out. as i said they're gonna have a harder time anyways cause they don't know each other etc..

midway through the round random gals should be working like private gals (if all goes well) and will be in a better position to protect themselves.

i would love for everyone to leave randoms alone at the begining.. and then later it's fair game (not saying bash them 20 times for easy roids.. )
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 19:33   #68
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by starbreeze
scouse could you clarify your plan?
There is no plan.

Quote:
how do u exactly plan on implementing that? randoms are just as good a target as private gals
I don't imply on implementing it. Randoms are free to be attacked by everyone, as far as I am concerned. There are benefits though for the alliances at war if they ask their members to attack enemies instead.

Unread 31 Jan 2003, 19:35   #69
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
There is usually choices. Only some times are battle groups or galaxies asked to hit specific targets.

And yes, it can be fun at times.
This isn't so uncommon, why are people so surprised?

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 19:51   #70
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Originally posted by Aneu
Then tell me, due to 10/10 Random/priv. How will we tell which is which?

Aneu

You ask them ofc. "lo there, are you random or private?"
"We're.. uhh.. random"
"ok! ty!"

See. People wouldnt LIE on planetarion, would they? :eek:
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2003, 20:00   #71
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
You ask them ofc. "lo there, are you random or private?"
"We're.. uhh.. random"
"ok! ty!"

See. People wouldnt LIE on planetarion, would they? :eek:
Play nicely now.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 08:16   #72
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Leaving randoms alone

Quote:
Non-allied planets seem to enjoy big fights (such as girlee, Darki and servuz last round)[/i]
I don't know who servuz is, but can you elaborate on girlee/Darki? Your context leads me to believe your suggesting they were allianceless/unallied/ect....

How can you compare them and their BG to 'Joe Random Newbie'?

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 08:22   #73
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
servuz was top planet last round or whatever and girlee was doing well in teh beginning but killed midway and darki was doing well to the end i think he was just out of the top5 somewhere hope that helps

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 15:03   #74
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
I don't know who servuz is, but can you elaborate on girlee/Darki? Your context leads me to believe your suggesting they were allianceless/unallied/ect....

thats not what he meant..

he meant then when there was a big battle going on, unallied players would often join in on the "winning" side of the battle...
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 21:13   #75
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
well i'm planning on going random.. if i change my mind i'll let ya guys know :P
(there's one less gal to worry about)
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 01:35   #76
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut

Cicada is right. In all them battles unallied players got involved. Sometimes defending, sometimes attacking and sometimes both. And my point was that you'd rather have them on your side than the other side.

Unread 2 Feb 2003, 01:54   #77
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd rather see them doing there own thing ..

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 15:38   #78
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Thx for clearing that up

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2003, 14:14   #79
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
well i'm planning on going random.. if i change my mind i'll let ya guys know :P
(there's one less gal to worry about)
hope i have the luck to be in your gal then \O/
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 03:13   #80
yupster

I love you Scouse!
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 03:14   #81
yupster

I love Storebo and ParraCida as well!
Unread 6 Feb 2003, 09:19   #82
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally posted by yupster
You should!
U playing round 9?
[1up]
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 19:17   #83
LORD-NIKO
Horny *******

LORD-NIKO is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm

roids = roids

roids with def vs easy roids thats the question.
Round 2: 77:18 (SL/LOST)
Round 3: 30:4 (TC)
Round 4: 170:17 (Knights)
Round 5: 35:23:12 (DTA)
Round 6: 8:17:3 (Silver/Ely/VtS)
Round 7: 29:21:3 (RaH Founder)
Round 8: 43:8:4 (RaH HC)
Round 9: 1:4:8 (RaH HC)
Round9.5: 26:5:9 (RaH HC)
----------------------------------------------
LORD-NIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 22:34   #84
Zitos
vole vo koshe avec moi?

Zitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Scouse, you must be the most stupid person i have ever seen in the history of Planetarion.. And why is that? Well I shall give you some hints..

1. You tell your 'enemies' that you will only attack them, insted of naturals.. Maybe it shows some balls, but it also give them a clue about whom attacking them.. In other words, a bad move..

2. You 'want' your enemies too attack therie enemies insted of naturals.. You are sort of asking them to attack you..

It wouldnt suprise me if you was about to go random for next round ;-)
round 3 :: 037:20 -- [trg] "judge dean of zitoz"
round 4 :: 236:17 -- [trg] [reborn] "gambler zitoz of deaths casino"
round 5 :: 025:20 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of stolen roids"
round 7 :: 015:07 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of ldkbots"
round 8 :: 028:07 -- [trg] [nfu] "i am tired of this"
round 9 :: 049:09 -- [wolves] [attitude] "i couldnt think of a fancy planet and ruler name"
Zitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 01:54   #85
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Zitos
Scouse, you must be the most stupid person i have ever seen in the history of Planetarion.. And why is that? Well I shall give you some hints..

1. You tell your 'enemies' that you will only attack them, insted of naturals.. Maybe it shows some balls, but it also give them a clue about whom attacking them.. In other words, a bad move..

2. You 'want' your enemies too attack therie enemies insted of naturals.. You are sort of asking them to attack you..

Actually, with this post you made yourself look pretty stupid. I'm barely even playing next round. Did you miss the word IF? I'm not in an alliance and I have no enemies whatsoever.

Unless of course, you meant if I was HC of an alliance and I did actually enfore this on my alliance. In which case you are wrong again. Do you really think that would make enemy alliances attack you more if you told them you are making your alliance only attack them? Because I certainly don't.

And I can think of many people who have shown themselves to be much more 'stupid' than this before.

Unread 8 Feb 2003, 02:03   #86
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Zitos

You will be interested to know that what scouse said was Fury's official policy for many rounds. If we were at war, we would attack only enemies. We also encouraged others to do the same in order to not bash newbies.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 09:52   #87
Zitos
vole vo koshe avec moi?

Zitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Oi lo Scouse.. You are right, I have seen loads of other Stupids people (including my self..) So dont take it to hard..

Only thing i was putting a question mark on was the.. " dont attack them, they are randoms - come rather and attack us, hey, hey, over here.. " thingy.. see? might not be stupid, but noble.. depends on the eye that sees..

And again, sorry for my offences..
round 3 :: 037:20 -- [trg] "judge dean of zitoz"
round 4 :: 236:17 -- [trg] [reborn] "gambler zitoz of deaths casino"
round 5 :: 025:20 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of stolen roids"
round 7 :: 015:07 -- [trg] [t&p] "superthief of ldkbots"
round 8 :: 028:07 -- [trg] [nfu] "i am tired of this"
round 9 :: 049:09 -- [wolves] [attitude] "i couldnt think of a fancy planet and ruler name"
Zitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2003, 09:58   #88
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by yupster
There must be a few typos in this.