User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Feb 2003, 21:57   #1
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
worst week ever for me

this week in my life is going to be so bad i wanted someone else to share my pain:

1. my parents will find out at parents evening i took an As economics module that they are until tuesday night unaware of

2. They will find we sat some As assesment things which i didnt show them the results of

3. They will find out i ve had profiles all which say "he's under achieving and talks to much in class"

my mum will get really really pissed off as she over estimates my ability and is pressuring me to do more work at home and stuff, she expects me to go to cambridge but it wont happen, im not good enough at the a levels im doing

when she found out i smoke ganga ( cos some girls parents who s party i was at phoned my parents)she hit me for like 20 mins since shes so anti drugs even tho my dad was a pot-head

i will die since an As module is so much more serious than ganga although i recogn i got 90-95 ums on the paper it wont matter

she has this whole not trusting me thing going on , mainly cos i lie to her all the time, this will add to it and she ll end up killing me

oh well parents evening is tuesday, so atleast theres monday
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:03   #2
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey you sound like me last year.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:05   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Your mother sounds like she is mentally ill. Have her sectioned.

Or, say to her that you're tired of being treated like you're ten years old, and if she continues interfering in your life you'll have no choice but to rethink your living arrangements.

Or, more probably, just live in fear until Tuesday and then get shouted at for about two hours.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:07   #4
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
also, next time u know u had a bad exam or something, tell them why, they might understand and help you
Yeah. Or they might demonstrate how you're not trying and such. Which is probably true.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:13   #5
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull
Yeah. Or they might demonstrate how you're not trying and such. Which is probably true.
the thing is the exam result will be good
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:19   #6
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
then what exactly is the problem ?
the fact that i didnt tell my mum of the exam

she will be so ****ing angry

i might say i did this as a supprise since you think im **** at economics

it wont work tho
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:28   #7
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
id remind her just who makes the decisions in your life.

but then im an arrogant sonofabitch.

edit: if i gave a **** about what people 'thought' i could or couldnt do, id not be where i am today

Last edited by Ap0k; 2 Feb 2003 at 22:34.
Ap0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:36   #8
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Start groveling over the exam.
As for the drugs, you deserve everything you get and if you were my child i would have gone to the police about it. Laws exist for a reason, you know.
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:41   #9
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Start groveling over the exam.
As for the drugs, you deserve everything you get and if you were my child i would have gone to the police about it. Laws exist for a reason, you know.
i really hope your being sarcastic about the drugs thing.

otherwise i hope you never have kids
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:44   #10
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobe
i really hope your being sarcastic about the drugs thing.

otherwise i hope you never have kids

Why would I be sarcastic about it? Drugs are generally recognised to be a bad thing. Hence the whole "laws against them" thing.
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:47   #11
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Sounds like me, except I told my parents that I had modules and failed them, and showed them my assessment results (A2)... and parents evening is in a week, but they know I'm crap so its ok! and I got rejected from Oxford, cnuts!
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:48   #12
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
I've just taken 7 A2 exams and I don't think my parents know :/
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:52   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
The police wouldn't care, thankfully. "OMG, 16 year old found smoking cannabis, we'll get our top men on it."
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:53   #14
Tobe
Checkout Boy

well anyways
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:53   #15
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Suggest to her that you have an incest.

LOLz@herFACE.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:55   #16
Jammers

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
The police wouldn't care, thankfully. "OMG, 16 year old found smoking cannabis, we'll get our top men on it."
Which is the entire problem with the police force.
Well, that and the racism thing.
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 22:56   #17
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Quote:

at most i would get a caution

they might aswell try to arrest me on friday night in a pub
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:00   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Which is the entire problem with the police force.
Yes, obviously. The entire problem with the police form (minus racism) is the fact they don't enforce mindless petty legislation that the majority of the population don't even agree with.
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:01   #19
Ap0k
Spritely:

Quote:
Why would I be sarcastic about it? Drugs are generally recognised to be a bad thing. Hence the whole "laws against them" thing.
how many ppl have you heard of that died from weed?

ok. now that u grasped that question..

how many ppl have you heard of that died from alchohol?

yes, weed is bad and alchohol is good.

and just in case...

[/sarcasm]
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:05   #20
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k

and just in case...

[/sarcasm]
such a frequently used arguement that i didnt want to use it but anyways here it is
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:08   #21
Jammers

Quote:

and just in case...

[/sarcasm]

I don't recall ever saying alcohol should be kept legal.

Burgulary and muggers are quite often committing said crimes to get money for drugs, and drug driving is at least as bad as drink driving, so don't go off on the whole "cannabis doesnt kill people" arguement.

Last edited by Jammers; 2 Feb 2003 at 23:16.
Jammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:12   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
And people don't always know whats best for them, thats why we have a Government to make decisions about what laws to enforce.
So when the government (inevitably) make cannabis legal, it'll be OK?

Homer: Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't _have_ to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
Lisa: No, Dad, I don't think --
Homer: There's that word again.

Quote:
The government have already made that decision, you clearly don't know what's good for you. The government do, and they've said it's OK, so it's all good.
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:12   #23
Ap0k
Spritely:

Quote:
do you think alchohol should be illegal?
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:18   #24
Jammers

Quote:
do you think alchohol should be illegal?
Quote:

and just in case...

[/sarcasm]
your words, not mine.
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:19   #25
Jammers

Quote:
So when the government (inevitably) make cannabis legal, it'll be OK?

yes, and until then the police should do their job and enforce the law.
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 23:53   #26
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
Tell her about the exam yourself, so that way she doesn't hear about it second-hand, and some of the anger may be reduced.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:48   #27
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The government have already made that decision, you clearly don't know what's good for you. The government do, and they've said it's OK, so it's all good.
the government made gay sex legal ffs. the government do what suits them best, not the people. also, what the majority of people think, and what is actually right or best can be two totally different things. for example, the majority of 12 year olds think they are responsible to make mature decisions about sex. so should the legal age be lowered just because the majority of people think that it's ok.
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 00:54   #28
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: worst week ever for me

Guilt her about the pressure she's putting onto you. People like your mam should be lobotomized, no offence. She might aswell ask you to rebel and **** up your life. A bit of pressure on a kid is a good thing, but she's going overboard by the sound of things.

It'll all blow over, i was in your situation a couple of years back. my mam wasnt as bad though thank god, she was always more supportive when i ****ed up. I wasnt happy at college and ended up failing my A levels first time round because i hated pretty much all the classes i was doing. She helped me go through my options etc. and in the end i went back to college and did a load of new A-levels from scratch, classes i enjoyed more etc and i did pretty well. I finished those in the summer and I decided to put uni off for a couple of years and work, save up some cash and travel for a bit. My mam supports me in my decision which i think was really cool of her considering i'm already 2 years behind where i could be.
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 01:55   #29
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
last week was one of the best of my life

ahh well, karma etc
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 11:52   #30
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Weed is legal over here

Guess what, it actually is GOOD since the government gets to TAX weed now.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2003, 12:13   #31
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yes, and until then the police should do their job and enforce the law.
hey matey, dont sweat it, ppl will allways do whats illegal, so make it legal and nobody will give a **** about weed anymore...on a brighter note, who cares what you think! **** um and there law!!! smoke on ganja brothers!