User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Mar 2006, 15:51   #51
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Im really sorry, i promise not to do it again. Im not really a scumbag chavette ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Annual cost per offender of 1 Year Custodial sentence in Feltham (or equivalent YOI)

= £42,000 (source: NACRO)

Annual cost of 1 year education at Eton College (Boys - boarding)

= £23,550 (figure for 2005, source: Eton College)

Annual cost of 1 year education at Cheltenham Ladies' College (Girls -boarding)

= £21,729 (figure 2005, source CLC: NB fee is £24,477 if over 16)

Can we all guess what my argument is for dealing with young offenders?
Shooting them?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 15:53   #52
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts
Re: Im really sorry, i promise not to do it again. Im not really a scumbag chavette .

Quote:
Annual cost per offender of 1 Year Custodial sentence in Feltham (or equivalent YOI)

= £42,000 (source: NACRO)

Annual cost of 1 year education at Eton College (Boys - boarding)

= £23,550 (figure for 2005, source: Eton College)

Annual cost of 1 year education at Cheltenham Ladies' College (Girls -boarding)

= £21,729 (figure 2005, source CLC: NB fee is £24,477 if over 16)

Can we all guess what my argument is for dealing with young offenders?
Hand them over to Dace?
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 15:57   #53
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Im really sorry, i promise not to do it again. Im not really a scumbag chavette ..

with comic genius like this who needs cancer?
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 16:08   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
with comic genius like this who needs cancer?
Jesus?
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 16:10   #55
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

are you suggesting that the crucifiction was euthanasia?

jew lover.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 16:18   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
are you suggesting that the crucifiction was euthanasia?

jew lover.
Well I guess technically location-wise but I'd hardly call a 35 year old a youth.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 17:32   #57
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Shooting them?

Which is worse in terms of scumness, Glasgow or London?
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 17:37   #58
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Im really sorry, i promise not to do it again. Im not really a scumbag chavette .

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Which is worse in terms of scumness, Glasgow or London?
you actually need to ask this question?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 17:56   #59
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I'd like to slap her with more than a harsh sentence,
your cock?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:11   #60
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
you actually need to ask this question?

Well we tend to be down on the negros and other undesirables in england, but then i read things like this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3750568.stm

They're an untamed and wild lot aren't they!
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:27   #61
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

glasgow is essentially limbo. it's where you go until you've suffered enough to be allowed to leave again
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:31   #62
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
Well we tend to be down on the negros and other undesirables in england, but then i read things like this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3750568.stm

They're an untamed and wild lot aren't they!
Bollocks.

How many gun crimes occurred in London & Surrounding areas within that same 12 month period? And were the police actively seeking to stop and search people for guns?

I may well be flying in the wind here, but Stop and Search in the south east is hampered by every single non-caucasian claiming racism from the police force if they go near them.

In the West of Scotland, that problem doesnt exist. There may well be a racist attitude within the police force, but theres far less of an ethnic mix here, and thus the police stop anyone and everyone.

I suspect that the level of offences involving stabbings in a lot of counties in the UK is very high indeed, its simply highlighted a lot more in areas where the police are involved in a crackdown on knives, and produce stats to back up their reasoning.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:36   #63
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Its probably more to do with Glasgow being a third world country.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:39   #64
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
I suspect that the level of offences involving stabbings in a lot of counties in the UK is very high indeed, its simply highlighted a lot more in areas where the police are involved in a crackdown on knives, and produce stats to back up their reasoning.
According to figures the BBC produced before, Scotland had higher violent crime than Englandl, although both were pretty high compared to some other countries.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:40   #65
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
According to figures the BBC produced before, Scotland had higher violent crime than Englandl, although both were pretty high compared to some other countries.
Its not 'Scotland', its Glasgow. The rest of the country isnt that bad. I dont have any crime figures for Edinburgh handy, but I imagine they would be similar to most English cities.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:44   #66
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Its probably more to do with Glasgow being a third world country.
Quote:
Last year there were more than 9,000 violent incidents in the Strathclyde area.
Quote:
He added: "You're talking about thousands of people affected each year, just in Glasgow alone."
For "Strathclyde" read "Glasgow" in Nodspeak.

What can I say Nod, its not Morningside.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:49   #67
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Historically, Areas with lower incomes have higher crime rates.

Compare the West of Scotlands Average Income with that of, say, Birmingham. It wont stack up well. Hell, compare it with Newcastle and it will still more than likely struggle.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 18:58   #68
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Historically, Areas with lower incomes have higher crime rates.
Yeah, I don't think anyone was implying Scottish people have a gene that makes them stab each other dude.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 19:00   #69
Nodrog

Quote:
For "Strathclyde" read "Glasgow" in Nodspeak.
Yes? Strathclyde = Glasgow plus its satellites. You can throw places like Dalkeith and Loanhead into Edinburgh as well.

Quote:
Compare the West of Scotlands Average Income with that of, say, Birmingham. It wont stack up well. Hell, compare it with Newcastle and it will still more than likely struggle.
Angola or Bosnia would probably be a fairer comparasion.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 19:15   #70
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think anyone was implying Scottish people have a gene that makes them stab each other dude.
Of course not. Everyone knows it's a pair of adidas tracksuit bottoms tucked into your socks that makes you do it, not jeans dude.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 19:33   #71
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Yes? Strathclyde = Glasgow plus its satellites. You can throw places like Dalkeith and Loanhead into Edinburgh as well.
Right, just before we put your infinite knowledge on Strathclyde (which, BTW, doesnt exist anymore, local government restructuring saw it replaced with new groupings and councils a while back). lets just have your exact wording on the borders of Strathclyde

"Glasgow and its Satellites" is the single greatest piece of bollocks ive heard from your lips since "Build Tarantulas".

The Old strathclyde took in Ayr & Kilmarnock , Campeltown and Tyndrum , Arran , Lochgilphead, even Lanark. If your definition of a "Satellite" is "Anywhere that someone commutes to with a travel time of less than 2 hours" then **** me Nod, half of the south east of England just became a satellite of London, and my god thats a helluva lot of crime figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrog
Angola or Bosnia would probably be a fairer comparasion.
Theres more people killed with guns each year in "London and its Satellites" than in Glasgow, by a very large margin. Warzones tend to favour guns ahead of sharp pointy objects when it comes to killing people.

http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigure...xh&period=year

**** me Nod , that looks like Londons a really ****ing dangerous place to be

Last edited by Kurashima; 29 Mar 2006 at 19:45.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 19:54   #72
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

in fairness, glasgow truly is a disgracefully shit city
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:01   #73
Nodrog

Quote:
lets just have your exact wording on the borders of Strathclyde
I wouldnt draw an exact boundary, the West coast is an amorphous region, populated largely by buckfast, dragons, and nonsensical slang. I'd throw places like Ayr, Airdrie and Paisley in with Glasgow, but perhaps not Kilmarnock. As a rough classification scheme, I would say that if a town is within 20 miles of Glasgow, and over 80% of the population suppors Rangers or Celtic, then for all intents and purposes its Glasgow.

Quote:
Theres more people killed with guns each year in "London and its Satellites" than in Glasgow, by a very large margin.
That doesnt really matter, only total crime figures per head of population matters, not what objects happen to have been involved.

Last edited by Nodrog; 29 Mar 2006 at 20:10.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:03   #74
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Theres more people killed with guns each year in "London and its Satellites" than in Glasgow, by a very large margin. Warzones tend to favour guns ahead of sharp pointy objects when it comes to killing people.
London has a significantly larger population so I would expect there to be a larger total number of murders than Glasgow.

This article says the Glasgow murder rate is double Londons : http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5021432.html

The number of shootings may be higher than that of Glasgow but I'm not sure why that matters. Is it a lot better to be stabbed to death than shot now or something?
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:12   #75
Nodrog

Quote:
This article says the Glasgow murder rate is double Londons : http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5021432.html
"The figure for the same period in London was 26 per million, Manchester 45, Belfast 55.9, and Edinburgh 15.6".

Its nice to see that despite being surrounded by savages, at least one city can continue to fly the flag for civilisation.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:17   #76
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
I wouldnt draw an exact boundary, the West coast is an amorphous region, populated largely by buckfast, dragons, and nonsensical slang. I'd throw places like Ayr, Airdrie and Paisley in with Glasgow, but perhaps not Kilmarnock. As a rough classification scheme, I would say that if a town is within 20 miles of Glasgow, and over 80% of the population suppors Rangers or Celtic, then for all intents and purposes its Glasgow.
Youd throw in Ayr but not Kilmarnock, when its geographically closer to Glasgow?

And when 80% of the population probably comes within your football loyalty category?

I love your logic Nod. Its absoloutely flawless.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:21   #77
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

isnt glasgow meant to have the highest stabbing rate in europe or something?

(read it somewhere last year, looking for the figure now)
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:24   #78
Nodrog

Quote:
Youd throw in Ayr but not Kilmarnock, when its geographically closer to Glasgow?

And when 80% of the population probably comes within your football loyalty category?

I think Ayr is well known for having a ned infestation, so yeah, I'd throw it in with Glasgow. However I might be confusing it with Airdrie since I'm not too knowledgable about the western provinces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
isnt glasgow meant to have the highest stabbing rate in europe or something?
I wouldnt be surprised. It also had 6 of the 10 poorest districts in the UK, in some feature I read a couple of years ago.

edit: guess where the 10 'most deprived' places in Scotland are

edit2: apparently I was wrong, Glasgow only has 4 of the poorest areas in the UK, although it does manage to get the top 3.

Last edited by Nodrog; 29 Mar 2006 at 20:33.
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 20:38   #79
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
edit2: apparently I was wrong, Glasgow only has 4 of the poorest areas in the UK, although it does manage to get the top 3.
Big up #6!
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 22:16   #80
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

Why Glasgow? Surely being placed in an economically deprived community would only make them worse?

I know plenty of people back home (Belfast) who want out, maybe the government could operate some sort of permanent exchange program. If these people were to continue behaving 'antisocially' I'm sure the problem would quite literally disappear.
Ephor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 22:58   #81
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
pot kettle

HONESTLY! kura you don't even live in glasgow (or strathclyde or whogivesashitland) anymore. Was it really necessary for you to make such a tit of yourself in it's 'defence'???

I live in london and I don't really care whether the poor people shoot each other or not. I certainly wouldn't have a) got into, or b) made a fool of myself in such a silly debate.

(have you ever considered valium kura? i bet dante and deepflow could mail you some.)
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 00:02   #82
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Black later admitted taking a vehicle without consent, driving without a licence, drink-driving and driving while disqualified.

How was she disqualified from driving if she's 12?

So she'd ALREADY been disqualified! And then again! She's going to have a lot of insurance to pay when she's 17
She won't be able to get a scooter when she's 16 (or anything like that)
And as you've already pointed out, it'll be on her record whenever she applies for insurance (iirc it's 5 years after something expires that it leaves your record that insurance companies get access to) and I'm sure that "drink driving" is one of the things they look less kindly on.

It would however probably be better if she'd been disqualified until she could technically have been able to drive legally, and then disqualified for a further 5 years (ie. not able to take even driving lessons let alone her test until she was 22)
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 00:55   #83
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Big up #6!
Big up #9... oh wait, your area is worse since it's in a higher position.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 01:30   #84
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's hard to get hold of guns in Scotland.

There also quite expensive.

Plus who would want a gun when you the wonderful word 'chib' in the vernacular of the area?
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 07:19   #85
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I see you've never been to Kingston.

Took me 19 years to work myself out of that hell hole.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 14:23   #86
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I see you've never been to Kingston.

Took me 19 years to work myself out of that hell hole.
'kingston upon thames: where the gang members wear twin sets and pearls'
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 19:23   #87
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
pot kettle

HONESTLY! kura you don't even live in glasgow (or strathclyde or whogivesashitland) anymore. Was it really necessary for you to make such a tit of yourself in it's 'defence'???

I live in london and I don't really care whether the poor people shoot each other or not. I certainly wouldn't have a) got into, or b) made a fool of myself in such a silly debate.

(have you ever considered valium kura? i bet dante and deepflow could mail you some.)
I was born there

I spent 26 years of my life there

I still go there regularly

Nods experience of Glasgow was a few yrs in Student Halls at a Uni he couldnt be arsed with. Hes about as knowledgable on the west of Scotland as I am on Open Heart Surgery.

I think I can honestly say im in a better position than someone born and bred in a middle class Edinburgh suburb with a few years of living as a Glasgow student, to give an opinion on Glasgow.

I was born in Croftfoot. Fathers family lived in Castlemilk all their lives. I lived in Govanhill and spent a good portion of my social life in areas Nod hasnt seen in anything but a newspaper report.

I feel every right to defend the city I was born in, just as I assume you would. Nod's well aware theres a Glasgow/Edinburgh divide in Scotland which has historically stretched across the classes due to Edinburgh having a considerably wealthier population and better known history (outside of the UK anyway).

If Nod was to start commenting on the state of London 10 years ago, when hed only moved there a couple of years previously, would you feel the need to put him right?
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 19:26   #88
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Its so rare someone climbs so far up their own arse that they can lick their tonsils, but somehow Nod achieves it on a regular basis.

And I DO like to have a rant once in a while, im living such a quiet and altogether bloody boring life nowadays. All i need now is 2.4 Children and im well and truly a stereotype
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 19:31   #89
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Nod's well aware theres a Glasgow/Edinburgh divide in Scotland which has historically stretched across the classes due to Edinburgh having a considerably wealthier population
Wasn't that pretty much his point?
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 21:40   #90
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Wasn't that pretty much his point?
His point was "Glasgow is Shit" , not that Edinburgh was better.

He teeters on the brink of actually opening up that can of worms, then decides he cant be arsed and goes back to just criticising Glasgow.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 23:04   #91
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

glasgow produces better music than edinburgh. for much the same reason the somme produced better poetry than the gulf war: there's more bleak, numbing horror to talk about.

Edinburgh is better than Glasgow. And Glasgow is shit.

Also, it's not a class war thing. There's plenty of proles in Edinburgh, they just aren't neds.
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 23:58   #92
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
glasgow produces better music than edinburgh. for much the same reason the somme produced better poetry than the gulf war: there's more bleak, numbing horror to talk about.

Edinburgh is better than Glasgow. And Glasgow is shit.

Also, it's not a class war thing. There's plenty of proles in Edinburgh, they just aren't neds.
You see, i'd contest this. From my experience;

Glasgow is shit.
By default because the above statement is true, people presume Edinburgh isnt shit.
Edinburgh folk get ideas above their station, and edinburgh is glorified.

The whole "enemy of my enemy is my friend", thing.
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:03   #93
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Glasgow isn't shit.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:15   #94
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
His point was "Glasgow is Shit".
You've not really disproved that though, you've just given reasons why that might be so.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:22   #95
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I doubt that Camberwell and Peckham have a long tradition of producing great art and poetry. Shitty urban music perhaps, but thats about it.

As fabulous as living in Lewisham and Dulwich the last few years has been, I cant help feeling that my surroundings in Kensington were slightly nicer, despite the admitted lack of "hardship culture".

Quote:
Its all meaningless/ I note that Edinburgh, Glasgow, London or Rome by and large the poor stay poor and the rich get richer.
Perhaps you should also note that the poor in Edinburgh have (on average) become richer than the poor in Glasgow.

Last edited by Nodrog; 31 Mar 2006 at 00:34.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:40   #96
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=38962006

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ed...fm?id=44342006

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.p...ticle&sid=1376

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=2295042005

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=150242006

Aye , that will be f'n right.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:40   #97
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
However you can live somewhere and pretend that the rest of the world doesn't exist or you can engage with it and pay attention. Put simply if I think about what for me really represents London, it isn't Chelsea or the Mall or even Trafalgar Square. Nor is it some shitty housing estate with broken lighting and burned out cars. London is where those two worlds rub together.
victoria?
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:44   #98
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
You've not really disproved that though, you've just given reasons why that might be so.
Its 00:43 and I have work tomorrow. If I can be arsed, ill start listing all Glasgows great achievements so that Nod can spend a few hours trying to take them all down one by one.

After all, thats what he does.
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:49   #99
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Its 00:43 and I have work tomorrow. If I can be arsed, ill start listing all Glasgows great achievements so that Nod can spend a few hours trying to take them all down one by one.

After all, thats what he does.
once again i point out that this is a very silly thing to get angry about ...
Unread 31 Mar 2006, 00:50   #100
Nodrog

Quote:
I'd rather you didnt, due to the sheer pointlessness of the enterprise. I'm not denying that some Glaswegians have Done Things, I'm just saying that the city is currently a ned-infested shithole. You might as well start listing the achievements of Arabic mathematicians to argue against the claim that Iraq wouldnt be a very nice place to live.

Every city in the UK has chavs, but no other city has them to the extent that Glasgow does. In most places, chavs are a fairly marginal phenomenon, that tends to be played up by the media. But in Glasgow, they are a defining part of the city's culture - to most outsiders, glasgow = neds + buckfast+ sectarianism. I doubt any other major city in Britain comes close to Glasgow in terms of ned-infestation. Its the difference between saying that Hearts and Airdrie have some ties to Unionism, and saying that Rangers do.

Last edited by Nodrog; 31 Mar 2006 at 01:00.