User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Oct 2008, 15:48   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Captured Roids Return with Fleet

Simple as it says, any roids you capture actually have to come back with the attacking.

Any returning roids do not contribute to your planet until the fleet holding them returns.

Yes i'm guessing this has been suggested before.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2008, 17:03   #2
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough
Re: Captured Roids Return with Fleet

While I dont particularly like this one (I want my roids now) it makes more sense to me than what is currently in place.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2008, 18:11   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Yes i'm guessing this has been suggested before.
You are correct, the only drawback ( other than the lack of an immediate benefit ) is more of a semantic problem
'what happens if they capture roids, but are entirely stolen so there is no fleet to return with them, what happens to the roids - do they stay where they are or return with the person who stole the ships'
Unread 3 Oct 2008, 18:30   #4
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^ View Post
You are correct, the only drawback ( other than the lack of an immediate benefit ) is more of a semantic problem
'what happens if they capture roids, but are entirely stolen so there is no fleet to return with them, what happens to the roids - do they stay where they are or return with the person who stole the ships'
Don't steal ships shoot before roiders these days though?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2008, 19:33   #5
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

They do, yes

So there will be a fleet returning if there are capped roids regardless

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2008, 20:56   #6
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^ View Post
"If a fleet is destroyed, while out on a mission, the fleet slot will take 1 tick to return."

Thats in the manual anyway.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 07:40   #7
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I like it, a simple retall launched later as u do, wont be taking your gained roids, only steal from what u had in base.

and one tick battles makes sure u wont lose capped roids, since u aint online to recall.
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 09:22   #8
Eternity
DarK_AnGeL^

Eternity is an unknown quantity at this point

This has been done before and I didn't like it then.

Also, imagine you are a small planet who gets roided most nights. If your raid lands at 12 noon and you get the roids instantly as with the current system you can mine those roids for maybe 24 hours before the next hostile fleet lands on you and takes them away.

With your suggested system such a planet would not be able to mine those roids for a further 8, 9 or 10 hours when their fleet returned to base. I don't think that this is a good thing.
VtS, CpV, RAH, ND, Jenova, xVx, Ascendancy, Rainbows, Kittenz, Faceless, Ironborn and RED.

Played in rounds :
20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31
71 - 85.
Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 13:50   #9
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

I like the system. it was implemented ways back when.
logic should be the driving force of progress.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 14:03   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
This has been done before and I didn't like it then.

Also, imagine you are a small planet who gets roided most nights. If your raid lands at 12 noon and you get the roids instantly as with the current system you can mine those roids for maybe 24 hours before the next hostile fleet lands on you and takes them away.

With your suggested system such a planet would not be able to mine those roids for a further 8, 9 or 10 hours when their fleet returned to base. I don't think that this is a good thing.
It usually goes like this.

1. I launch my attacking fleet.
2. I get incoming which lands on or after I land my fleet.
3. I steal roids and are added to my planets roids, fleet sets off for home.
4. My incoming steals my stolen roids (see #3), and some of my roids thats at my planet.
5. My fleet returns to a fanfare of a good attack, then suicides because all the roids are gone.

My way

1. I launch my attacking fleet.
2. I get incoming which lands on or after I land my fleet.
3. I steal roids and are added to my attacking fleet, fleet sets off for home.
4. My incoming only steals roids at my planet.
5. My fleet returns to a fanfare of a good attack, captured roids are placed into planetary orbit.

This way you will have roids once your fleet gets back, so for at least 12 ticks (ish) you have the bonus of actual roids.

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 18:09   #11
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

maybe mine the roids you're bringing back at 25 or 50% efficiency while they're returning? hell idunno. i can see both sides of the argument as valid. this won't change people in fenced gals very much, but would be more for those with constant incomings.