User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 7 Dec 2003, 03:44   #1
Lord Cheese

Lord Cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
HR W00fage 19:30 Sunday

Well the polls and the general feedback look very positive. So as promised it looks like we are going to be running another w00fage.

People are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible but i'll go through that in a minute
The event officially starts at 19:30 sunday 7th in #planetarion and the channel will be moderated between 19:00 and 19:30 the first half hour of the event is devoted to last minute disaster fixing (there are always some), sorting any complaints/editations to teams and explaining the Rules to everyone

We have a nice new bot courtesy of the gC which makes it a lot of easier to get assigned its running nicely now and all you need to do is pm the bot called 'WOOFAGE' - its in voiced in #hr and its unvoiced atm in #planetarion, once pm'd just type in !assign hopefully (and all testing has been fine), it will assign you to a team and invite you in. All you need to do then is tag up - [Yourteamcolour]yourname e.g. [Blue]Skinny

We've got some nice admin features in the bot to stop cheating and hopefully assigning will work nicely throughout the day. Once assigned you stay assigned so if you lose the channel just pm the bot again and it will give you a fresh invite.

Other big changes is a change of radio DJ as Zokum cant make it and a slight reconfigurement - zokum is pretty sure it will work fine (he tried to explain it to me but i was lost in 2 seconds) and captains will have ops in their team channels as they are now responsible for weeding out spies etc - this means if it happens its not the HR control teams fault

Major complaint last time was it dragged on - well alot of people know the rules and the assigning bot should hopefully do its job so that will cut down on a big time waster we have also made the quiz shorter cutting the music round in half and dropping a few other rounds which were unpopular.

One request is that people sign up as soon as possible to reduce load on the w00fage bot when it comes to start time. Once signed up you dont have to attend etc although ofc we would like it

Anyone with questions about any of this, HR or W00fages in general post your questions on here and i#ll try my best to help

As this is the only public w00fage we are doing near christmas (we probably will do another private one over christmas but you have to join HR to attend that one ) we've put a bit of a christmas theme in so don your santa hats and start reading up around christmas

All thats left to say is see you all there and Good Luck to all involved

[HR]Skinny
Lord Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 12:58   #2
Lord Cheese

Re: HR W00fage 19:30 Sunday

Well lots of people have been asking what a W00fage is well basically its a quiz but it incorporates music rounds picture rounds and also a drawing round as well as the normal sport and general knowledge stuff it also has a twist give a funny answer if you dont know and you will get points, how many is up to the referee - who is me and i have a twisted sense of humour

Just a note for people who got a bit lost on the announcement - The bot and signup is on #planetarion and #hr the forums here are just for infomation about the event and signing up
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 23:47   #3
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough

When's the next one?

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 23:50   #4
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Have me as DJ again! \o/

It was teh ace

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 23:51   #5
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando
Have me as DJ again! \o/

It was teh ace
Just don't sing again.

BTW is it really necessary to have a countdown if you can see that every team has answered?

Quote:
Unread 7 Dec 2003, 23:52   #6
Rebel

Rebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Was great fun again....THX people for showing up!!!!
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 00:09   #7
Lord Cheese

its neccessary because i'm not unknown to miss a team hasn't answered and answer before they get a chance to put it down

the next w00fage will prolly be some point over christmas/early january providing the team is all available but it will be private only - thats to say you have to be a HR member to join in
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 00:12   #8
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Cheese
its neccessary because i'm not unknown to miss a team hasn't answered and answer before they get a chance to put it down

the next w00fage will prolly be some point over christmas/early january providing the team is all available but it will be private only - thats to say you have to be a HR member to join in
I'll rephrase the question then, when's the next public one? As Blue should have won with their picture

Quote:
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 00:18   #9
Lord Cheese

no date has been set as yet - it probably wont be a while as we tend to have a complete weekend when the team is free on saturday and sunday and have forgotten how nightmarish they are to set up

We are prolly looking at the very earliest at middle febuary any suggestions how to improve it are welcome
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 00:22   #10
Lord Cheese

People complained the pictures were too easy - is this the general consensus we can make them harder in future if you wish?
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 00:54   #11
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helveticus
Just don't sing again.
Um yeah supose i shouldn't :P

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2003, 12:50   #12
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

scoreboard and pictures anywhere on the net?
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 08:19   #13
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point

was gd fun, glad every1 enjoyed it!
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 07:28   #14
Jahnda
Retired Peon

Jahnda is an unknown quantity at this point