User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 May 2003, 14:32   #1
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point
What button on your keyboard....

do you HATE most *grin*

Safe bet: most will go for the windows - Start button
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:33   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
yup
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:34   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Numlock.

I never use it, I always have numlock on.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:34   #4
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
the ] key.

bind ] say_team "^4position ^7[^4lost^7]"

If i use that key it means I've ****ed up again.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:34   #5
Glatze

My keyboard is so inspirational today - topicwise
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:35   #6
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
F11
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:35   #7
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
The pointless one next to the windows button, next to the right ctrl. IT DOES NOTHING. Or it least it never has in my presence.
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:35   #8
Glatze

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Numlock.

I never use it, I always have numlock on.
but do you *hate* it?
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:36   #9
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
ooh i just worked out what it does.
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:36   #10
Glatze

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed I have TWO Windows buttons!!!!!!!
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:36   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil
The pointless one next to the windows button, next to the right ctrl. IT DOES NOTHING. Or it least it never has in my presence.

for me it does exactly the same as pressing the right mouse button, in windows that is.
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:40   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Glatze
but do you *hate* it?
Yep!
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:42   #13
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
I use windows button for Win+R and Win+E, so it's 'ok by me'.

The menu key next to it is virtually useless though. WE HATESES IT.
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:44   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It goes down with 'scrolllock' 'home' and 'end' as buttons I never use.

NumLock is actively irritating, as I wan't it ON.
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:45   #15
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
How can you not use home or end?

If you want numlock on permanently, make it so in win settings and bios settings.
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:47   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I use them even less than I use pig up and pig down.

And I've got it on as default from the bios.
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:48   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

ps. I use all the buttons on my intellimouse.
Unread 27 May 2003, 14:48   #18
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
My keyboard doesn't have a light for Num Lock, so I don't know when it's off. It's very annoying when I'm typing in my windows password without paying attention.

So, Num Lock is my Nemesis.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 15:03   #19
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The Windows keys because I can't disable it and when I press it in Half-Life it minimizes it and I lose my sound. It's right next to Ctrl and Alt too, so I often press it by accident.

This wouldn't be so bad if it offered at least one benefit, but unfortunately it doesn't.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 15:05   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I don't use alt in half life, but I do use CTRL; if you notice you're holding down the windows key, press and hold another key (like ctrl) and release the windows key.
Unread 27 May 2003, 15:19   #21
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
The windows key is my arch nemesis.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:15   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
insert

DIE. I'LL DELETE WHAT I WANT TO DELETE TYVM
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:19   #23
relik
schmuck

relik is on a distinguished road
insert is probably my least favorite. there are a lot of others that i could do without, but insert is the only one that actually inconveniences me.
relik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:19   #24
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
possibly the WinKey I suppose, CTRL+ESC works just as well and is less prone to accident.

Scroll lock definately falls into catergory for most useless though, even pre-windows I never had a use for it.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:24   #25
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Caps lock, I end up hitting it instead of tab, and I use the shift key to do exactly the same job
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:30   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
INSERT

I often hit it instead of Home, causing me to activate some kind of horrible IRC quick function which will paste half conversations which I never copied to start with but somehow ended up on the clipboard anyway into channels upon unsuspecting people.
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:31   #27
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by djbass
Scroll lock definately falls into catergory for most useless though, even pre-windows I never had a use for it.

=[DJ Bass]=
I don't even know what the Scroll Lock key does...what is it's use
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:41   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
I don't even know what the Scroll Lock key does...what is it's use
Read the other thread of the same name to find out!
Unread 27 May 2003, 16:50   #29
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
the insert key.... definately!!! I sometimes accidentally hit it when I try to do a backspace, and because I can't type blind I sometimes overwrite whole sentences before noticing I had insert on. FFS...
Unread 27 May 2003, 19:53   #30
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Read the other thread of the same name to find out!
Which of the other threads of the same name?
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 20:25   #31
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
insert

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 01:17   #32
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
I currently don't have a Windows key, so I can't hate that Any ideas on what SysRq does?

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 04:34   #33
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
POWER

WAKE

SLEEP

i removed all three of the ****ers.

with a fork.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 May 2003, 05:03   #34
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
the pause/break button
Unread 28 May 2003, 05:08   #35
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
I hate U
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 05:10   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
I hate U
I luv u
Unread 28 May 2003, 05:11   #37
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
<3 U <3
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia