User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:41   #1
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Allianceless, How are you surviving?

Well PA round 10 is most certainly quite diffrent from previous rounds. They finally integrated alliances into the game, which is nice and hopefully that will stop some of the stagnation but probably not all of it. They have also removed cluster/parallel alliances which has made things not so fun anymore imo.

How many old players, and I suppose new players, are still allianceless like me. For the past few rounds that I have been allianceless I have usually reliaed on a good cluster/parallel alliance to help me out when I needed as well as some good friends, but with the game dynamics having changed so much thats not an option anymore. You have to join an alliance, but then you have to put up with certain things which are annoying. Keeping your IRC activity up, being active and such. If you dont know me, I used to be very active but lately I just go online whenever. That might change depending how attractive PA gets. Since Webby was gracious enough to upgrade my account I suppose I will be more active.

Anyways getting back to my original "beef", how many of you out there, primarily veteran players, are playing as a retirement/last round kinda deal. If there are enough of us I figure we might pool our resources and help each other out if we are online. If not then who cares, since we would all be technically not really be playing active. That way you dont have to put up wiht alliance politics and other things.

Just curious to see how many of us there are and what some of you guys are doing.

-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:46   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
This will be my last round, but I'm not alliance-less

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:52   #3
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
LIAR, you will be back or lurking on irc somewhere.....just like the rest of us that are socially-inapt

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:53   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
If I'm smart, I'll relocate mIRC to the recycle bin after r10

That's the plan, anyways.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 17:57   #5
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
If you put it in recycly bin you can undo your deletion most of the times. So i would do a shift-del instead of a simple delete pressing.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 18:03   #6
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
If I'm smart, I'll relocate mIRC to the recycle bin after r10

That's the plan, anyways.
DONT LEAVE

You can still be around but be less active, like me. I think i spend a total of maybe 4 hours on IRC talking and 3 hours idling if that in any given week.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 18:07   #7
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
its over between jen & ben .. NOOO:\

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 18:25   #8
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
LAst round, but might take it a bit seriously.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 19:21   #9
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
For the past few rounds that I have been allianceless
You sure about that rex?;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 19:40   #10
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 19:50   #11
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
To be perfectly honest, I think this will be everyone's last round whether they like it or not

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 20:28   #12
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Originally posted by Seth Mace
You sure about that rex?;P
Yep, r9.5 I wasnt Oly but helped in Plush a bit, when I was active. Round 9 i was Oly and round 8 I was just plush with no alliance or anything. And of courses round 7 I was NoS. So i been allianceless for r9.5 for sure and for r8 sort of.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 20:37   #13
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
I'm planning on surviving without an alliance in the same way as I have since mid round 3. With my head down and fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 20:39   #14
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
*Hugs Rex*

Stealth & Shadows .
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 00:33   #15
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
seem to be doin pretty good on my own atm :P

hey rex.. let's start the 'allianceless' alliance \o/
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 08:46   #16
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point
This will be my last round of PA.

Every round since r5 has been my last round, so why not this one too
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 09:16   #17
Mitre
Xanadu...

Mitre is an unknown quantity at this point
Only reason i signed up was cause i bought a credit r9.
Pretty sure its the last round now

I`ll send ya some def RexDrax
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 12:10   #18
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
so people with no alliance will now form an alliance that consists out of people with no alliance.

KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 13:52   #19
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by KoeN
so people with no alliance will now form an alliance that consists out of people with no alliance.

Or they could make alot of "one man alliances" then ally together to make a HUGE block. Maybe that would take some heat away from ecl and ToT
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 15:54   #20
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
i actually think round 10 has bought alliance communities closer together, as all the players within the allaince actually have to help each other to play, due to the fact know one knows wtf 2 do whereas b4 they were simply a means of attack/defence, now they are a must to have half a clue.
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 23:53   #21
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
To be perfectly honest, I think this will be everyone's last round whether they like it or not
Lol, came to say that myself

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2003, 23:59   #22
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Hey, I'll join the alliance-less players alliance anyday Rex

I'll skip if it means having to log in more than once a week though :P
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 00:23   #23
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
hurray hyfe.. looks like HC material to me

i haven't actually decided if this could be pa's last round or not. obviously jolt will at least try to squeeze an r11. and i'm sure there's plenty of people like me who would play it just to say they've played every round :P
well that and i actually have fun playing.
then there's also the group of people who seem to quit.. every round. some of you just can't seem to escape ;P
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 19:08   #24
Tawg
the Mantis

Tawg is an unknown quantity at this point
i eat snails

does that count?

You know the mantis ledgends? thats where it all started. It was fighting of this black bird, it was only a 10th of the birds size. it was a very valued insect. and thats why the technique needs a brave man and a strong one, who isnt afraid of birds.
Tawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 07:08   #25
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all
lo rex you know you're always most welcome with us, haven't seen terra for a while tho..
Judder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:28   #26
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

hehe, Thanks for all the offers/suggestions.

But I think I like Aryns the best. Start my own little group and watch us take over the universe and me go mad with powers again. Ph33r da dragon :-)

Anyways, seems like I am the most loved target in the universe. I guess I should not have choosen such a obvious ruler name and posted this, but oh well.

Its now past 200 ticks, any of the folks that opted to try to remain free regretting it, or have folded and joined an alliance/bg yet?

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 06:51   #27
Aryn
Happy

nope.
though ive gotten attacked already and thought 'gee.. where do i get def from?' :\

it's been alright.. i've got an awesome gal and don't quite feel the need to beg myself into an alliance yet :P
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 20:38   #28
_o0o_
ostensibly Obscure oddity

_o0o_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Nope...no regrets. I've been alliance-less every round since 4 and have enjoyed it. No worries about who I can / cannot attack or defend. I just go for it...and oops, if I hit the wrong place, then I just rebuild .
_o0o_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 08:47   #29
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
This is the most sucky thing ive ever played, and the only way I survive is by playing other games to get the frustration out...

mulan >* @ BW
I have an alliance tho

-Jonas-

Retired

Last edited by Jonas; 25 Sep 2003 at 14:22.
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 16:04   #30
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by RexDrax

Anyways, seems like I am the most loved target in the universe. I guess I should not have choosen such a obvious ruler name and posted this, but oh well.

oops sorry red , would have pulled but it only twigged as i read the br that it was u

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote