User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Apr 2012, 19:04   #1
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Production Bug

PA-Team: Can we use the production bug to attack below our bash limit or to maximize cap/xp and not fear action from the multihunters?

This is a yes/no question.

I think we deserve clarification on this!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 19:14   #2
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Production Bug

why was my reply deleted? do i need to post logs?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 19:16   #3
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i imagine it was deleted as it had a claim that was quite clearly untrue.

do it again with only the first line and i am sure it'll be fine
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 19:19   #4
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I have a log showing MH say that exploiting the bug wont be allowed.

I have scans showing a top 5 planet exploiting this bug who has been allowed to get away with it.

What is not true?
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 19:23   #5
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

saying they told you they wont do anything cos he is top 5.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 19:25   #6
Doffeh

Doffeh will become famous soon enoughDoffeh will become famous soon enough

In terms of definition, intentional (ab)use of anything considered a bug is exploiting, no? Clearly the feature is unintended and unwanted, thus a bug.

TL : DR?
Excuse me while I go make that 1 light factory I now seem to require. Thanks for the tip.
Doffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 19:30   #7
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
saying they told you they wont do anything cos he is top 5.
I didnt say they said they wouldnt do anything.

I said they DIDNT do anything
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 20:08   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Man, that news scan on that top 3 planet is awesome. Good on you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 20:11   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Just attack him and make him prod his res for real.

Simple
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 20:17   #10
Forest

We could just attack him, but why should we when he was able to steal 10 mill res a day for at least three days by abusing a bug?

This stinks tbh, the more I hear, such as this bug has been around in previous rounds. Is this being used more widely and we are only hearing about it now?
Unread 23 Apr 2012, 20:18   #11
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

He shouldn't have gotten those res in the first place, as mentioned above.
Gaining a position as he did is -imo- not the way the game is supposed to be played. Regardless if you call it cheating/abusing or not. It is imo unintentional.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2012, 12:06   #12
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

can't I say I am surprised with MH and XXXX up in the same thread
Unread 24 Apr 2012, 22:25   #13
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Yeah punish people who find ways to gain maximum efficiency by given mechanics. Never blame devs for the errors they made, just close the planet and go on. PA has enough players, we need more draconian rules please.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2012, 22:40   #14
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Good to see another exploiting cheater getting dealt with properly, just as your gal was Korsan.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2012, 23:26   #15
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
Yeah punish people who find ways to gain maximum efficiency by given mechanics. Never blame devs for the errors they made, just close the planet and go on. PA has enough players, we need more draconian rules please.
fcking h*ll, i dont want players that abuse this shit knowingly without telling in this uni.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2012, 21:27   #16
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

What was the bug?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2012, 22:06   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Since it's fixed now: when you order ships, you gain value from them while they're in production, increasing from value=res/150 (the formula for resources) to value=res/100 (the formula for finished ships), in a linear fashion. Galleons (resource stealers) were added this round, and for some reason beyond my comprehension, they didn't give any value while in production.

Couple of people figured this out and used it to lower their bash limit: spend 50m, wait 1 tick, launch Galleons on unsuspecting newbie, cancel prod: losing a bit of resources on the order, but gaining much more from the land.

As far as I know, the people involved lost the resources they gained this way, but were not deleted.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 1 May 2012, 03:11   #18
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mz, I knew about the value/production change but didn't know how they could possibly "hide" it since the change was implemented (which was a good one imho).

As they say in the construction business, "measure twice, cut once". Test server (beta?!) ftw.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2012, 04:25   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

This is really only something you notice once you have a tick-by-tick report of your value, ie Sandmans. But since that only runs on the real round...