User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Apr 2007, 22:23   #1
GrandAdm Thrawn

GrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the roughGrandAdm Thrawn is a jewel in the rough
CT Membercount: How is this possible?

How is it possible, CT got up to 70 members in just one day??

I thought above 60 members you can only get in one member each week, or am I wrong there?

Last edited by GrandAdm Thrawn; 24 Apr 2007 at 20:32.
GrandAdm Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 23:19   #2
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Re: CT Membercount: How is this possible?

umm i may be a nub but sound like added 60 members, then added 10 slightly smaller members below alliance average
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 23:24   #3
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

not all ct are tagged.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 00:03   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

let me guess. not all of wolfpack are tagged either?
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 00:14   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Prolly not.

Unread 24 Apr 2007, 01:49   #6
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

after 60, you may add any player (61-70) whose score is under 1/2 the top 10 alliance average score, and yes, we fully tagged
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 01:52   #7
Aidan

Aidan is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess my understanding is wrong but doesn't this delayed tagging mean WP, CT and others used "support planets" for at least up to now as they were dedicated to assisting that alliance and went out of their attacks etc? Things that the MH team said were against the rules. I understand the tactic of delaying tagging to hide strength but am still a little shakey on the game legalities.

Thanks
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 01:54   #8
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

No Aidan
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 02:01   #9
Aidan

Aidan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
No Aidan
Want to elaborate why? It does seem to fit the description set out in that mail message to me. As I said originally though, I know I am wrong, I just wonder why.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 02:41   #10
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Whether they are in tag or not is academic. An alliance must not exceed 70 active planets. Obviously having 70 in tag makes it a lot easier for MH to identify any activity that infringes on the rule.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 05:11   #11
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

02:55 -!- AF|Disconnected was kicked from #CT by aNgRyDuCk|afk [nice attitude...have a good day]

nm, now they are tagged, most of em

Unread 24 Apr 2007, 08:09   #12
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
I guess my understanding is wrong but doesn't this delayed tagging mean WP, CT and others used "support planets" for at least up to now as they were dedicated to assisting that alliance and went out of their attacks etc? Things that the MH team said were against the rules. I understand the tactic of delaying tagging to hide strength but am still a little shakey on the game legalities.

Thanks
Good job sherlock, you just spotted one of the more obvious reasons why this support planet rule as well as the alliance member limit has to be dropped.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 09:42   #13
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan

Thanks
That depends on what the planets did. If they were actively defending an alliance they were not a "member" of (and not defending anyone else) then they could perhaps be classed as a support planet. However I expect its pretty easy to get to this stage in the game though strong cluster and galaxy defence, so the case for them being support planets would be somewhat weak.

Note it would be fairly easy for us to pevent the late tagging tactic if we wanted to.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 10:01   #14
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Note it would be fairly easy for us to pevent the late tagging tactic if we wanted to.
Why ain't it implemented then? ;-)
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 10:24   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Why ain't it implemented then? ;-)
Because of their lust for writing long and complicated rules that no-one understands?
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 10:48   #16
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Because of their lust for writing long and complicated rules that no-one understands?
I was close to call it incompetence on pa team's side when it comes to game design. But who are we to actually complain about people which do this work for free (while at the same time stick to their positions no matter how useful they are for those and thus block it from being taken over by competent people).
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 11:24   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
I was close to call it incompetence on pa team's side when it comes to game design. But who are we to actually complain about people which do this work for free (while at the same time stick to their positions no matter how useful they are for those and thus block it from being taken over by competent people).
Well apart from 90% of them having the activity of a below average hidden agenda player (no offense Hidden Agenda, but your motto this round IS Join the inactivity) i dont have much problem with them atm.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 12:30   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Whether or not this tactic exists isn't hugely relevant to the support planet issue. In that the tactic itself doesn't have to break the rule.

It was a design decision to allow late tagging - as it gives a bit more uncertainty in the early game.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 12:46   #19
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Whether or not this tactic exists isn't hugely relevant to the support planet issue. In that the tactic itself doesn't have to break the rule.

It was a design decision to allow late tagging - as it gives a bit more uncertainty in the early game.
But when does the support planet rule get violated by late tagging? That's once again depending upon a multihunters mood and interpretation. The main issue really doesn't come from late tagging but from having this stupid rule, as about the whole game interferes with it.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 14:49   #20
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

We better see some good wars and no jellyfish :crymeariver:

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote