User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Feb 2007, 17:30   #1
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Race

I seem to recall another thread about this (which race should be default as signup race), but couldn't find it with the search option so a new one. Feel free to merge it if it still exists.

I know it is a bit late as post, but can the default race at least be a race that can somewhat survive? From my experience as Terran i get owned to hell and back by basicly any attack fleet that exists in the game. It is impossible for a Terran to safeguard itself from at least three major killing fleets. Xan FI/CO, Zik DE and Etd FR wipe the floor with Terrans supposedly high armour. In the future it would be good if PaTeam or the ppl responsible for the stats will realise shit like this before actually running the game. For me personally it doesn't matter a whole lot, apart from making it damn hard to keep a decent amount of roids i am pretty much able to keep my fleet save. Most new players do not realise that they need to run though, and being targetted by three very actively used roid fleets that can easily kill very large parts of the Terran fleet won't help them alot. Infact, it will probably assist them in quitting quite fast cuz they get slaughtered all the time. The default signup race should be imo a solid race defensively (in terms of keeping the fleet alive) as that is most likely how new players will start to learn the game.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 18:36   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Default Race

Well, the stats this round are rather crap tbh, but I do agree that there should be a "default" race that's most easily playable for inexperienced players.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 21:38   #3
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Well thats hardly zik or etd .. so your options are xan, cath or Ter.

Xan you dont need to figure out how many roids of each type you need to initiate and their attack fleet can be fi class (or co some rounds).

Ter not a hard race to manage, just a hard race to get ahead quickly on, which would be what a new player would look for.

Cath isnt a killer, do you want a new to the game player not being able to kill?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 21:52   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think it should be ter, but the stats need to better support that.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 11:06   #5
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Yeah terran are the best race for new people, but this round they're a weak race. I don' believe giving them more armour will help a great deal esxcept maybe to overpower it (if you give them a LOT of armour that is) but rethink on what angle the race is supposed to take.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 13:28   #6
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I think xans are a good default race.
Using terrans is discrimination!!!1
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 16:04   #7
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

i think xan would be a better default race. i also think something should popup and ask if you are a new player and have a SHORT quick thing on how combat works and why its beneficial to attack etc. that most players use irc and a link. and on how eta's work out... ie. galaxies can def at eta 5 an alliance can def -1 so usually can defend even with same class etc.

Those 3 points in 2 paragraphs that player has to read first time logging in... with xan or ter (i think xan) as a default race.
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 17:13   #8
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

ETD is the best race imo. you dont need to do anything. just XP whore :P
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 17:14   #9
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

That should be different imo, as reflected more in Trolls trhead on other forum.
Unread 28 Feb 2007, 19:54   #10
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

why have a default race in the first place? if there is blank the nobos have to drag themselves to forums and check out stats and that shit before picking a race

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 01:54   #11
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

robban just keeps getting stuff right tonight. (I'm serious)

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 10:45   #12
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

idd, combined with a direct link to race description/stats it would probably be the best thing to do!
Unread 1 Mar 2007, 11:35   #13
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

With a more excting signup system e.g. you pick race based on a picture and a text based description and a sumamry of the differences between them - there would be no defualt race and people could make an edcuated choice about what race they want rather than having to go and look in the manual etc.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2007, 00:58   #14
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

either way last 4 posts all agree no default race!

default race screws up race stats anyway

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote