User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Oct 2005, 16:53   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
dda Ramblings---2

I was musing this morning (I find morning to be the best musing time) aobut my world view. This is something I try to reasses on a semi-regular basis. Kind of like hitting the "refresh" button.

I am not a world traveler, at least not to this point in my life. Thus my view of other people and other lands is shaped by outside sources. Since I have joined GD (a short 5 months ago) my contact with folks from foreign lands has been greatly increased. That is the good news. The bad news is that my exposure has been to people on GD. So my musings, this morn, were along the lines of, "Well, what do you think of the world now?"

Are the British really the gin swilling, rohypnol using, drug abusing, overly-hetero yet strangely- homo sexual, kiss-up civil servant, football-cheering, American-bashing, oddballs that I have come to know and love?

Are the Norwegians truly all protest-sign-carrying, bomb throwing, tree-hugging communists that have met my gaze?

What of the Dutch. Do the women all know more about football than the men but have trouble communicating in English?

The Swedes have all apparently died and disappeared. Is this a good or bad thing?

Australians seem to be cookie munchers in search of the best place to get coffee. Does this make Australia a desirable or undesirable place to visit?

And though I shudder to think of it, it seems that New Zealand is populated by male law students and teen aged girls who can't tell the difference between Marilyn Manson and Marilyn Manson. How absurd. I know that there are two islands. Does one group inhabit the north island while the others inhabit the south? Do they ever mingle? Why would they want to?

As for people from Texas (yes, even in America, Texas is considered to be a world of its own, not least of all by Texans), don't get me started.

Am I wrong to judge the world by GD standards?
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:00   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: dda Ramblings---2

I thought the Belgians were boring, then I saw Koen and Hans posting.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:04   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: dda Ramblings---2

i think you are giving the world too much credit.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:07   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Btw, I'm amazed that New Zealand is still a free country, and that they haven't had to erect some kind of antipodean Berlin Wall to keep everyone in. The fact that they can find people to willingly populate these places never ceases to amaze me.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:15   #5
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sadly, I notice that I forgot to even mention the besotted, power-mad, womanizing Irish or the rabid would-be librarians that are the Arizonans.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:23   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I dislike the Norwegians. There is something wrong with them. They are a bit like the Swiss. Although not as bad as the Swiss, obviously. The Swiss really offend me.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:34   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I dislike the Norwegians. There is something wrong with them. They are a bit like the Swiss. Although not as bad as the Swiss, obviously. The Swiss really offend me.
Whats with the swiss ? (my housemates girlfriend is swiss - and we don't get along :/)
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:39   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
Whats with the swiss ? (my housemates girlfriend is swiss - and we don't get along :/)
What's right with the Swiss? They're are utter shits. You know what the Swiss are interested in? Money, and **** anything else. They would happily trade with the Devil. They are hateful little people. Hateful. Swiss Nazi gold, anyone? **** the lot of them.

You know what you get when you combine all the worst aspects of South Germans, French, and North Italians? The ****ing Swiss, that's what. They are a nation of bandits.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:40   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

the only people i don't get along with are the Chinese.
they just piss me off, and i have never met a Chinese person in my life who i didn't end up having an argumuent with.

KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:42   #10
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You mean rich,succcesfull and independent?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:44   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
They're only rich on the back of immigrants who they decline to give citizenship to, and who they then evict when boom times are over.

The Swiss themselves are about as industrious as Jabba the Hutt.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:44   #12
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Are the British really the gin swilling, rohypnol using, drug abusing, overly-hetero yet strangely- homo sexual, kiss-up civil servant, football-cheering, American-bashing, oddballs that I have come to know and love?
the drink and drug abuse is affirmitive (im not as bad as i was though!) football (thankyou for not calling it soccer) erm i do cheer although this season doesn't look that competitive at the top.

Londoners are a bit like New Yorkers, the rest of the country exists somewhere, but we haven't visited and tbh don't really care that much about it. I almost certainly wouldn't be able to place the majority of the cities in the north of england or scotland. They're up there somewhere.

Incidently i once asked why so many english and british people dominated this game (when we played it) and this forum, it is after all a norwegian invention and we don't know or care much about the norwegians. But apparently the back-stabbing/infighting/clique forming/two faced cunning/and general shitness that is required to play PA made this a natural environment for us to thrive in.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:48   #13
dda
USS Oklahoma

I am neutral on the Swiss
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:48   #14
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:

You're only rich because of your damned oil.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 17:49   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
They're potential trading partners for Al Qaeda. We should take them out before that happens.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 18:40   #16
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

IM TEXAN YOU ENGLISH TWAT!
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 19:46   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda

baroom tish
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 19:54   #18
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Pretty much got us summed up there, really.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 19:55   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
They're only rich on the back of immigrants who they decline to give citizenship to, and who they then evict when boom times are over.

The Swiss themselves are about as industrious as Jabba the Hutt.
The swiss are clever, but not nice.

But I wasnt speaking about them.. I was speaking about us norwegians
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 19:56   #20
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it would be a grave mistake to judge a population by the people on GD.
That said, certain people dont exactly cast their countries in a good light through their actions.

( im looking at the likes of you in particular QazokRouge5, Texan )
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 19:59   #21
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
You're only rich because of your damned oil.
We were quite well off before oil was found, thank you.

But then again, we are better off than many countries who have loads of oil, like Saudia Arabia.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 20:14   #22
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda

Yes. And proud of it.

Except I have never used rohypnol.

And I don't think I am strangely homo sexual.

Other than that you are spot on.

About everything.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 20:53   #23
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Quote:
What's right with the Swiss? They're are utter shits. You know what the Swiss are interested in? Money, and **** anything else. They would happily trade with the Devil. They are hateful little people. Hateful. Swiss Nazi gold, anyone? **** the lot of them.

You know what you get when you combine all the worst aspects of South Germans, French, and North Italians? The ****ing Swiss, that's what. They are a nation of bandits.

I'm Swiss.

However, I'm busy at the moment with counting my money and checking the various bank accounts I mysteriously have acquired during WW2. Tomorrow morning I'll be attending the local parish assembly where I'll vote yes to deport some immigrants.

So don't expect me back earlier than tomorrow evening to discuss the various points you brought up about the Swiss. I'll happily bring along some cheese and chocolate to our bilateral discussion where we'll certainly make a compromise.
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 20:55   #24
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Any country which has a good supply of cheese and chocolate gets in my good books.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 22:45   #25
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
IM TEXAN YOU ENGLISH TWAT!
I'm an Okie.

And just for future reference calling someone an English twat really doesn't narrow down things to where one can guess who you are talking about.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 00:10   #26
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

logic and clarity are not qazokrouge5's strong points. Nor is sanity,subtlety and self-restraint for that matter
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 14:22   #27
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
the only people i don't get along with are the Chinese.
they just piss me off, and i have never met a Chinese person in my life who i didn't end up having an argumuent with.

You're dutch, so you probably automatically hate the turks too
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 14:25   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
But I wasnt speaking about them.. I was speaking about us norwegians
My views on Norwegians have mellowed since yesterday. I just thought about Ingar and his jumbo penis and thought that it wasn't such a bad place after all.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 14:32   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The thing about the drunken Irishman stereotype is that it's true and no amount of political correctness educational seminars and fake irish people can ever convince me otherwise. I don't really think GD is that abonormal, although you do get a fairly biased age sampling, it's just that most people don't talk about their bizzare lifestyle choices as openly as everyone on here does.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 14:45   #30
Weeks
Banned

Only freaks post on the internet anyway.
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 15:43   #31
dda
USS Oklahoma

I would like to thank all of you who responded to my musings, confirming my original observations. THIS is validation.