User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:32   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You're part of the problem if

You choose to listen to Radio 1.

Seriously. You lose the right to ever complain about,
  1. Bad Music
  2. Girls turning you down
  3. British life being generic
  4. People not finding you funny

I hold my hands up and admit, in my past, i too, have been a generic wanker. I used to listen to Radio 1 when i was 12 or 13. I used to be stupid enough to believe that Chris Moyles was funny. That Zoe Ball doing the breakfast show topless was the craziest most niche thing that'd ever happened. That hearing the same song twice in an hour was an acceptable and pleasurable state of affairs. That hearing the same songs in a slightly shuffled order for up to 4 years was a healthy way to enjoy music and develop your taste.

A few facts for you. Edith Bowman cant sing, nor is she particular good looking. Shes decent looking, shes not stunning. Stop wanking over her. Colin Murray is not funny, not even remotely. Not even a tiny bit. Hes never had an original moment in his entire life. Women, the fact that hes famous and irish doesnt mean hes in any way attractive. Men, because he drinks beer and says "titty", doesnt mean hes an idol or funny.

Radio 1 gigs are rubbish. Radio 1 tips for the top are rubbish. Radio 1 giveaways are rubbish. Radio 1 slogans are rubbish.

The sunday surgery i hold a particular dislike for. Every week, the same callers.

"yeah, what it is right, is i was on holiday right, and i was banging about five girls right, and i got so much pussy cause my cocks so massive yknowwhatimsaying, and ive got this itch right"
"it sounds like you should have been more careful. we'll get some advice for you, dont worry. our listeners are texting in. We'll give you the best advice after this song."
"CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME. CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME. CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME
CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME. CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME
CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME. CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME
CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME. CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON ME "
Ok we're back. Ok, sarah from manchester says "You should only sleep with one person at one time, or max 2 if theyre both really hott". "
"right"
"Dave from london says "you should be more careful with who you sleep with". That good advise for you?"
"Yeah brilliant thanks guys"
"Ok mate, we'll call on you in a few days check and see you're doing alright, alright?"
"yeah thanks"
"OH TELL ME WHY.... DO WE BUILD CASTLES IN THE SKY!!>?/?!"

Contrast the sunday surgery which always has the old "everyones beautiful in some way", "youve yet to find out who you really are", "youll meet someone who will really care about you" lines. This seeming "compassion" contrasted with every other DJ going "alllwight this is for all wou wovely people out there who sometimes, sometimes, accidentally pulled a fat burd, or a minga or a ginga minga, this won is foh wou". Thing like the Flirt Divert. Completely ****ing faggoty, used, and laughed at only by complete ****ing losers. These are facts. Radio 1 perpetuates the myth that "if u r not out drinking on friday and saturday nights, u r a loser".

Idiocy breeds idiocy. Please, for the love of god people, turn it off. Turn it off, or tune to another channel - it doesnt matter what channel.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:39   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: You're part of the problem if

not all R1 DJs are bad (lamacq, lowe, rob da bank and previously peel are all shining examples, and i can even stand the lock up/the rock show if i'm slightly pissed)

the examples you mention however are.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:41   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Radio 1 is for wankers. Theres no exceptions

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:43   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
so what tolerable radio stations do you have in glasgow then?

because NO ****ING WAY am i listening to a commercial radio network station, and BBC Three Counties makes me go pale at the thought.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:47   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Chris Moyles has become a complete twat. I used to find him funny but now he just takes every single ****ing thing too ****ing far. Anything beats Sara "I'm a mate of Zoe Ball" Cox though.

Jo Whiley is quite funny and plays what I consider decent music.

I like Colin Murray and Edith Bowman. I know that most people don't agree with me. However, I find their relationship with each other funny and quite endearing. I hated Celebrity Fame Acadamy for its entire concept, but I enjoyed Colin Murray being genuinely happy for her when she won it.

Radio 1 does get exclusives that other stations don't do. The Coldplay gig made up for me not being able to go to their December gigs in London, and for that I am eternally grateful.

The rest of Radio 1 is pretty crap. The Sunday Surgery. Every evening/night-time DJ (especially that **** Spoony) is shit. If Zane Lowe grated any more, you could rub cheese against him and sprinkle it on a pizza. But when your alternative is Essex FM, I know which one I'm choosing.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:51   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't listen to the radio and to be honest I'm not sure why anyone does (anymore at least).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:51   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

So your argument is "hey colin + edith r funny!", "i lyk coldplay" and "im too stupid to put on a cd"

Clyde 1 (ie Radio Rangers) is rubbish. Talksport is always good. Five live is more than bearable. Radio 2 can be good, and has genuine diversity. Radio 4 can be interesting and informative. Real Radio the banter is terrible, but no ones trying to claim that Dougie Jackson is "the in thing" like faggots like colin+edith. Hell, even Radio 3 and Classic FM are headache relievers compared to the ****ing PAIN of being bombarded with the soundtrack to our generation, which incidentally, if it could be described in one word, would be

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:54   #8
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I only listen to the Radio in the car, which isn't very often.

I quite enjoy Colin and Edith and Chris Moyles (although i'm never up early enough to listen to him). the selection of music is appaling and they do perpetuate the drinking culture as a good thing.

I was thinking the other day about the illusion of freedom. I was listening to Radio 1 and they had an hour of callers picking the songs. It was the biggest pile of bollocks I have ever heard. Pretty much all of the songs that were picked were new or the band had some concert to promote and would have been played anyway. there were about 2-3 'old' (i.e. mid 1990s) songs all of which had been played to death back in the day. It confused me that people were actually spending money to requests songs when the playlist was probably already written out and they just picked callers who wanted one of the songs on the list.

the illusion of freedom. You are free to request any song you want, but we're still going to play all the same crap.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:55   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't listen to the radio and to be honest I'm not sure why anyone does (anymore at least).
Podcasts are the new thing.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:55   #10
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
So your argument is "hey colin + edith r funny!", "i lyk coldplay" and "im too stupid to put on a cd"
At least he has an argument.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 23:57   #11
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Any available blunt object should be used to beat Sara "I'm a mate of Zoe Ball" Cox though.
FIXED.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:01   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
At least he has an argument.
To put it simply enough for you to get your head round it.

Everyone listening to the same thing and absorbing the same music/information (especially when its rubbish music and information) makes everybody the same.

Lack of diversity is bad. The extension of an already painful culture of idiocy is very bad.

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:18   #13
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

Everyone listening to the same thing and absorbing the same music/information (especially when its rubbish music and information) makes everybody the same.

Lack of diversity is bad. The extension of an already painful culture of idiocy is very bad.
That was a very small part of your original post, and really just a stepping stone to your "everything on Radio 1 is crap" rant. Most of it was "X is bad because I say so". Then you criticise someone for saying "I actually quite like X" because they don't have an argument.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:18   #14
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Virgin Radio is where it's at, FACT!

(as long as you have DAB or don't mind AM)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:26   #15
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
Virgin Radio is where it's at, FACT!

(as long as you have DAB or don't mind AM)
I listen to that when I get good reception.

Although in many ways it's worse than Radio 1 in that the play the same songs all the time day in day out until the end of time...
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:31   #16
evan

evan will become famous soon enoughevan will become famous soon enough

Quote:

You can't say this right after having a massive go at anyone who listens to stuff that you don't think is good. You don't get to decide what people like/dislike and criticising them for their tastes being different to yours AND THEN complaining that people don't have enough diversity of music knowledge is a bit stupid.

Anyway everyone knows radio one is a pop music station, if you want rock lthen isten to Kerrang!, if you want classical then try classical FM. Taking the most mainstream, commercial radio station in the world and attacking them for playing mainstream, commercial music is just weird.

[edit] I don't even like radio one btw. I'm more of a talk sport or XFM kind a guy.
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:32   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
That was a very small part of your original post, and really just a stepping stone to your "everything on Radio 1 is crap" rant. Most of it was "X is bad because I say so". Then you criticise someone for saying "I actually quite like X" because they don't have an argument.
The rest of the post was pure gold, i'll admit that

If you cant see how mass idiocy breeds mass idiots, what can i say?

My dig at Coldplay was because i think Coldplay are ****ing terrible. Its because i have this terrible affliction, two vessels on the side of my head. Ive called them "ears".

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:32   #18
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I listen to that when I get good reception.

Although in many ways it's worse than Radio 1 in that the play the same songs all the time day in day out until the end of time...
but at least they are decent songs and not just the generic hip-hop/r'n'b/pop shit that radio 1 has. Also, Radio 2 is indeed pretty decent. Especially Steve Wright in the Afternoon with Ask Elvis and the Jeremy Vine Show
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:37   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan
You can't say this right after having a massive go at anyone who listens to stuff that you don't think is good. You don't get to decide what people like/dislike and criticising them for their tastes being different to yours AND THEN complaining that people don't have enough diversity of music knowledge is a bit stupid.

Anyway everyone knows radio one is a pop music station, if you want rock lthen isten to Kerrang!, if you want classical then try classical FM. Taking the most mainstream, commercial radio station in the world and attacking them for playing mainstream, commercial music is just weird.

[edit] I don't even like radio one btw. I'm more of a talk sport or XFM kind a guy.
If this is all down to my attack on coldplay, then
a/ **** you
b/ **** me for including my distaste for a shit band give people any leeway to ignore my point.

The music on Radio 1, with some exception, is for the most part terrible. The point is not that its terrible, but that its the same songs, again and again and again. And frankly the music is secondary in its ill effects to the banter and the attitude.

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:37   #20
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I listen to Slam! FM when showering, otherwise I have my own taste in music, I think. Or something. Whatever.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:39   #21
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Ah, the 'life and people are so generic' phase. Good old times.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:41   #22
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
but at least they are decent songs and not just the generic hip-hop/r'n'b/pop shit that radio 1 has.
But every single day the same songs by the same bands in the same order...

It's just too much to take.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:43   #23
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the only radio one show i ever listened too was JK and Joel doing the countdown and that was usually only because id be travelling back to aberystwyth on a sunday and radio 1 and radio 2 are the only stations that work for the entirety of the trip. (radio2 being old fogey day on sundays)...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:44   #24
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I enjoy the music that Radio 1 plays. I consider it better than any other radio station available to me (not hard after Essex FM played an hour-long McFly gig which I was stuck listening to at work). I like the daytime DJs, and I don't care that you don't like them.

Quote:
1) Yes
2) Yes, but that was as an example of the live gigs that they do. Since I like Radio 1's music, I also generally like their exclusives - which are, obviously, exclusive to Radio 1.
3) Why put on a CD when you don't necessarily like every track on the album? What if you don't want to know what track is coming next? I enjoy listening to the radio because it's not predictable and because the music gets broken up by the news. It's also an opportunity to hear new music, not just music you've heard already and know all the words to.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:53   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I enjoy the music that Radio 1 plays. I consider it better than any other radio station available to me (not hard after Essex FM played an hour-long McFly gig which I was stuck listening to at work). I like the daytime DJs, and I don't care that you don't like them.

1) Yes
2) Yes, but that was as an example of the live gigs that they do. Since I like Radio 1's music, I also generally like their exclusives - which are, obviously, exclusive to Radio 1.
3) Why put on a CD when you don't necessarily like every track on the album? What if you don't want to know what track is coming next? I enjoy listening to the radio because it's not predictable and because the music gets broken up by the news. It's also an opportunity to hear new music, not just music you've heard already and know all the words to.
Radio 1 plays McFly
Radio 1 is predictable. I could probably with a reasonable degree of certainty predict the majority of the songs in any given prime slot, if i listened to said slot the day before.
Radio 1 plays "new music" as in "Nelly has just released a new song"
Hit "shuffle". Burn CD's.
Radio 1 doesnt do news. I've felt smarter after Newsround

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 00:56   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This discussion has gone right over my head.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 01:09   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

all deffeh is saying is that we are a part of his problem.

well dear.

that's who therapy is for.

the mentally ill
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 01:44   #28
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 02:28   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I listen to Radio 2

if you don't like it, bugger off.

virgin is for people who can tolerate ads and generally look down on anything 'not rock'

other than that 5 live or local radio when pompey are on.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 02:38   #30
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I've never really liked the radio. Most channels play too much shit for my liking. The only channels I have listened to even slightly are the sports ones if stuck in the car when I want to know the results or Valleys radio as my mother will listen to it if there is no cd in the car.

I've never even heard of Edith Bowman or Colin Murray, or Sunday Surgery heh.

*edit* Whoever neg repped me, wtf does this post have to do with America?

Last edited by midge5; 8 Sep 2005 at 02:48.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 07:29   #31
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I enjoy listening to Chris Moyles.

The rest of them piss me off so much. Especially Sara Cox, whos entire repertoire of jokes seem to be about her breasts and speaking in a low voice. Colin's voice just grates against my brrrrrrain - I often turn over when he comes on. Edith is ok on her own, I guess.

I prefer radio 2.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 08:27   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I listen to the radio now and again, when im waking up or going to sleep. Normally xfm (because im such a ROCKAH and stuff), but it's just a lot easier than putting your own music on and most of the time you get to hear new stuff that you haven't heard before (depending on the show of course).
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 10:54   #33
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Annie Mac's show on a Thursday night provides a wide variety of music that appeals to me including more obscure bits of drum and bass that I wouldn't have heard of. Gilles Peterson's worldwide show isn't bad at all if you go into it reasonably open-minded, and Ras Kwame's never offended me. Stop listening to Radio 1 at 'peak' times and there's some good stuff in there.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 11:26   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
but it's just a lot easier than putting your own music on and most of the time you get to hear new stuff that you haven't heard before
I generally spend a couple of hours per week actively looking for new music - downloading MP3s, reading band bio's to see what people recommend, that sort of thing.

The reason I don't like the radio is it's too "passive". To explain ; I ocassionally experience a phenemenon where my mind "defocuses" from what I'm listening to (I'm pretty sure this happens to everyone). For that reason, sometimes I'll have one song enqueud in winamp and if I've left repeat on and I'll listen to the same song over and over again. This especially happens if I'm doing something which requires some concentration (e.g. reading a long interesting article, writing a particularly long forum post or blog). After this I'll find that I'm actually "bored" of the song I had on, even though I don't actively remember hearing it. It's somehow filtered through to my subconscious (or whatever) without actively listening to it.

The point of all this is that with the radio, you're letting someone else pick the playlist for many hours which is bad enough but once you add in the adverts (from commercial radio) or news "summaries" (where the same shallow bullshit is repeated again and again) I suspect it's probably having quite an affect on people's subconscious. I once worked in a warehouse and every day, from 8 until 5 they had Capital Radio on. I felt actively less intelligent by the end of it.

It's the same reason I dislike scheuled TV. I have no problems with sitting down for 5-6 hours in front of the TV if I've got a lot of downloaded / recorded episodes to watch, but that much scheduled TV would force you to watch far too much junk.

The mainstream / bourgeois / whatever media is bad enough in general, but at least with newspapers you actually have to make an "effort" to read them, and it's for a relatively short period of time. It's quite easy to maintain your critical faculties while reading them as that's all your doing. With radio, I'm not sure the same process occurs.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 11:47   #35
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I haven't listened to Radio 1 in years. I haven't listened to the charts in years. The only dirtiness that's got through lately is that "don't you wish your girldfriend was hot like me" thing, and that was only because my new flatmate has the tendancy to watch really rubbish television.

BBC Radio 6 is quite good. I learnt about a really good french electronic artist a few weeks back thanks to that channel.

Mainstream media really doesn't quench my musical thirst these days, and I don't even expect it to do so.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 11:59   #36
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Bring back Tony Blackburn & Spit the Dog!!!
Not to mention Dave Lee Travis and Mike Read

Ahh the good old days, now I really am showing my age
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 11:59   #37
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I generally spend a couple of hours per week actively looking for new music - downloading MP3s, reading band bio's to see what people recommend, that sort of thing.

The reason I don't like the radio is it's too "passive". To explain ; I ocassionally experience a phenemenon where my mind "defocuses" from what I'm listening to (I'm pretty sure this happens to everyone). For that reason, sometimes I'll have one song enqueud in winamp and if I've left repeat on and I'll listen to the same song over and over again. This especially happens if I'm doing something which requires some concentration (e.g. reading a long interesting article, writing a particularly long forum post or blog). After this I'll find that I'm actually "bored" of the song I had on, even though I don't actively remember hearing it. It's somehow filtered through to my subconscious (or whatever) without actively listening to it.

The point of all this is that with the radio, you're letting someone else pick the playlist for many hours which is bad enough but once you add in the adverts (from commercial radio) or news "summaries" (where the same shallow bullshit is repeated again and again) I suspect it's probably having quite an affect on people's subconscious. I once worked in a warehouse and every day, from 8 until 5 they had Capital Radio on. I felt actively less intelligent by the end of it.

It's the same reason I dislike scheuled TV. I have no problems with sitting down for 5-6 hours in front of the TV if I've got a lot of downloaded / recorded episodes to watch, but that much scheduled TV would force you to watch far too much junk.

The mainstream / bourgeois / whatever media is bad enough in general, but at least with newspapers you actually have to make an "effort" to read them, and it's for a relatively short period of time. It's quite easy to maintain your critical faculties while reading them as that's all your doing. With radio, I'm not sure the same process occurs.
Personally im far too lazy to actively search out new music. I knows what i likes and thats what i listen to most of the time. Searching out new music is far too much effort for me, and i don't really care that much tbh.

The time i was most "with it" with regards to the music scene was when i was living at home and we had 30+ music channels. I whiled away many a happy hour with my brother flicking through them and critiquing the songs/videos, it had the side effect of me also knowing what the latest rock/pop stuff was (i never watch r&b videos, but pop ones are often allowed through due to the catchy tunes and pretty ladies).

I do see what you mean about the passivity of it though, but im fairly sure i tune it out. My subconscious hasn't betrayed my conscious awfully yet, and also, i don't think i have ever lost my "critical faculties" regarding the news/adverts. I certainly don't find myself changing my views because i heard the daily events in the background and sympathised with the way they were put. In fact, i don't see how any intelligent person could be swayed by this; but then, everyone is different i suppose.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 14:18   #38
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: You're part of the problem if

I used to listen to Radio 4 at uni, but I don't now because I'm not sure where my radio is. I don't think I've ever knowingly listened to Radio 1 in my life.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 15:39   #39
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

thankyou very much horn.

I fully expected to be flamed and neg repped for this thread, in fact, i would have been unhappy if i hadnt been. That would mean im losing my edge. I must confess to being slightly dissapointed to how it happened though. "I like coldplay" isnt a counter argument to my thread. As ive posted before, the actual music is entirely secondary to the dripping of dribble into the skulls of the nation.

People have it in them to be so creative, so wonderfully different, original, diverse, funny, worthwhile. The best thing about being human is the potential that we all have inside of us to be something special. Its just painful that 99.99% of people waste this by trying to be everyone else.

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 18:35   #40
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
if we had different, original, diverse, funny, worthwhile people, there would be no NME !!!!!!
If we had them here on the forums I wouldn't have to read the shit you come out with.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 19:03   #41
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
remember deffeh, NME needs journalists.
now that might only require a few hundered fags
but when you consider they need a whole "scene" to report on then that number of fags is increased many times..... soon the incredible ego's of said fags grows beyond merely snorting coke off a groupies clit while playing gigs with "are we actually any good?" charisma and even more "scenes" are formed, requiring even more reporters !

if we had different, original, diverse, funny, worthwhile people, there would be no NME !!!!!! so just be careful what you wish for you !! i mean can you imagine not knowing what latest concoction pete dogherty has in his rizla ?!?
okay, i'm slightly wondering where this one came from.

Generally I find the NME to be written by barely-literate, self-serving buffoons with few critical faculties of their own.

However, this particularly barely-coherent diatribe which I'm presuming is against the indie scene confuses me, because it's only connection to any kind of earthbound reality that i can discern is 'pete doherty takes drugs'. My best guess as to the rest is "THE INDIE SCENE IS SHIT BECAUSE ...pause for thought... I DISLIKE FRONTMEN WHO SPEAK TO THE AUDIENCE!"

if i missed the part of the post that made sense or had a point or complained about anything specific, do tell.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 19:11   #42
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

The evening/late night stuff is still good* i listen to quite a lot of it, daytime radio 1 isn't too offensive tbh, i don't normally listen to it as im at work.

* Ill probably be accused of being a wannabe twat for listening to 'alternative' shit that isn't good rock and roll (i listen to everything including their asian music progs) but well, bleh. I like it so screw you.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 19:34   #43
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Radio 2 Ftw!!!!!!

We Love Wogan!
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 19:54   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
Radio 2 Ftw!!!!!!
FTW ranks up there with IDD in the ranking of internet abbreviations used by nincompoops.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 20:24   #45
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
FTW ranks up there with IDD in the ranking of internet abbreviations used by nincompoops.
You mean ncps, surely?
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 20:37   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Radio is for people who can't afford 'best of' collections.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 21:07   #47
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Deffeh you give people too little credit. You really do. Yes I, like you, realise that the world is populated by many people who have no minds of their own, who like things because it's hip or because their friends like it or because they don't want to be excluded from the conversation.

I have radio 1 on at work. There are 3 main reasons -

1. The kitchen CD player is ****ed
2. It beats Oban FM.
3. It's not THAT BAD. The music is bearable. The DJs are insignificant and largely ignorable.

I listen to it because it's the happy medium. Some of the music is fantastic and actually prompts me to turn the volume up. Some of the music is utter wank and prompts me to complain loudly at the wall (For the love of GOD! if they play that ****ing James Blunt song one more time I may be forced to hunt him down and kill him myself) or go for a cigarette. Some of the music lies inbetween those two extremes.

My point is that just because people participate in something doesn't mean they actually buy into it. I listen to radio 1 on occasion. I don't think any of the DJs are particularly amazing. I don't think they variety of music played is that great. I listen to it because it's there. It's not the be all and end all. It doesn't represent me or my taste in music. It's insignificant. None of this means that I want to be like the rest of the nation.

I don't see the appeal of many of the things that the majority of Britons seem to. That doesn't mean that the rest of the country is being deluded into thinking these things are good. Just because someone likes something that is popular doesn't make that thing automatically crap. And it doesn't make those people who like it sheep. If it does then every person who likes Ricky Gervais or Peter Kay is a trend following retard.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 21:10   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I quite like both of the songs deffeh criticised
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 22:19   #49
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
i happen to like a great deal of indie bands, it's the bands that seem to hang on the every word of NME and in general add to the faggotification of my life that i detest.
seriously dude if your standard of living is reduced by bands giving interviews to magazines then ****ing well kill yourself
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 00:19   #50
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

They say you are old when you prefer Radio 2 to Radio 1

I am officially old
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote