User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Dec 2006, 18:09   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Survivor of GD : In what way has being here affected you?

There are plenty of us who have been here a long time (too long lol jokes about hating internet communities lollers) during which we've participated in the online pissing contest known as PA GD.

But whats the single biggest thing youve taken from your time and experience here?

Im not just talking about being unable to hear anyone say 'shot in the face' without an involuntary shit punchline coming out your mouth .

For me, i very much doubt i would be doing politics right now at university. I went to university to do english, and my second and third subjects were film&media and .. i cant remember the other one. It was either psychology philosophy sociology or history or something. I really cant remember. but when i went to see my advisor on the first week of uni, i asked him to change my third choice to politics 'as it seemed more solid'. I was hungover and looking to do something positive in the hope my hangover would go away. Probably without GD i would have had no subliminal interest in politics and things could have been a lot different (even worse) as i realised i was doing an English honours degree.

What about you, what 'big things' has GD given to you

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 18:28   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Survivor of GD : In what way has being here affected you?

Herpes.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 18:46   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And yet you still wont come and meet your internets horn ...
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 19:00   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got a PSP out of GD so you know, that was pretty sweet.
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 19:17   #5
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was originally going to write "I joined GD and all I got was this crappy cancer" but I decided not to make a cancer joke!
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 20:26   #6
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I learned what a tocatta was.

I also learned what lol was and what \o/ meant.

All in all, it has changed my life irrevocably.
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 20:54   #7
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i must say your uptake on these internet phenomena is quite impressive considering you don't use IRC.
teach him how!! I can't remember how you set it all up...
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 21:28   #8
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of

Although reading this site has affected me a lot in large general ways, like Deffeh I've become a lot more interested in politics and social issues, I'd say the biggest impact it's had on my life was from a small thread Nodrog made nearly three years ago. This thread to be precise. Nodrog has always been one of my favourite posters in the years I've spent here, predominantly lurking of course, and on the basis of his praise for that film I diligently tracked it down to see why he rated it so highly.

Suffice to say I was blown away, three years and many hundreds of movies later All About Lilly Chou-Chou is still my favourite ever film, one of the few that I watch whenever I'm sick or feeling down. If you've ever seen it you'll know the movie relies heavily on music, in particular some of Debussy's piano pieces and this led to me starting piano lessons and I'm now fairly decent and it's a pretty big part of my life, I took my grade six last month and I should get the results back any day. There's no way I would be doing that if I hadn't read that one thread.

I've also learnt a lot more physics than I otherwise would have (Thank you MrL_JaKiri).
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 21:53   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have become a more bloody minded and argumentative sod since coming here
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 22:19   #10
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive learned that saying no to a girl when she offers sex is wrong.
I would like to thank a certain Dace for correcting my ways in this matter.

I also learned that americans are just about as ignorant as I feared they were and that there actually exist people like yahwe.

Thank you GD.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 22:25   #11
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Teh Americans Writing On GD, Perhaps?
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 22:38   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I learned that the quantity of posts and not their quality is what makes you a forum celebrity.

But without kidding, I learned how to "use the interweb" through GD. More specifically, I learned how to behave on forums. Even more specifically, I learned how NOT to behave on other forums, except GD.
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 23:06   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
also deffeh, your threads are much appreciated but i can't help but feel it's all going to culminate in you getting ....ed off at the lack of interest in a few and then decide to leave for several months. if that's your planned course of action i'd ask you to cool off and limit yourself to one thread every two weeks and maintain a steady level of posting activity.
You may or may not noticed that i havent posted since august odds until this recent flurry. This is 'what i do', i quit gd and i return (though i never say im not coming back) because i'm a complete narcissist and an attention whore.

This recent thread flurry is 'my christmas gift to you all' before i probably go back into hibernation.

Also considering quite how few threads are created now (and also seemingly that new threads only have a shelf life of 2 days) i guess you could call this the 'last stand' of gd, as it very much seems to be in its dying days now. And yes, i know i hate it when people start the gd sux y rnt the forums gr8 again shit, but it doesnt really seem like a false dawn this time.

Unread 21 Dec 2006, 23:10   #14
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
i guess you could call this the 'last stand' of gd, as it very much seems to be in its dying days now.
People have been claiming that GD is dying for years now... and look, it's still here.
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 23:11   #15
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i guess you could call this the 'last stand' of gd, as it very much seems to be in its dying days now.
Quote:
i'm a complete narcissist and an attention whore.
(and btw, if you managed to acquire an eye, you could be horn's king)
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 23:39   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You're in your dying days now.
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 23:40   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
You're in your dying days now.
o shit

Unread 21 Dec 2006, 23:42   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
o shit
Yeah man...

look out.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 00:54   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I discovered that no matter how many times I defeat level 39 of the internet it just doesn't compare to the joy I get from a conversation with my good friends who inhabit General Discussions.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 01:11   #20
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
I also learned that americans are just about as ignorant as I feared they were
I learned that Norwegian internet communists are an unsavory lot.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 05:02   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
Although reading this site has affected me a lot in large general ways, like Deffeh I've become a lot more interested in politics and social issues, I'd say the biggest impact it's had on my life was from a small thread Nodrog made nearly three years ago. This thread to be precise. Nodrog has always been one of my favourite posters in the years I've spent here, predominantly lurking of course, and on the basis of his praise for that film I diligently tracked it down to see why he rated it so highly.

Suffice to say I was blown away, three years and many hundreds of movies later All About Lilly Chou-Chou is still my favourite ever film, one of the few that I watch whenever I'm sick or feeling down. If you've ever seen it you'll know the movie relies heavily on music, in particular some of Debussy's piano pieces and this led to me starting piano lessons and I'm now fairly decent and it's a pretty big part of my life, I took my grade six last month and I should get the results back any day. There's no way I would be doing that if I hadn't read that one thread.
Hey, this is awesome I'm glad you liked it It's still my favourite film ever too, by some distance.

Also it wouldnt be much of an exaggeration to say that almost everything that I'm interested in just now is either a direct or indirect result of the internet. It was conversations in #tpe which resulted in my dropping out of my first degree and doing cino sci, it was someone from the internet who got me into proper clubbing, jenny had a large general impact on my life at the time, _W_ was the person who got me into philosophy and generally made me start thinking about stuff, several posters on the somethingawful debate forum got me interested in politics and played a large part in shaping my views, conversations on the SA forums were a significant factor in me deciding to drop out of my comp sci degree, _W_ got me into playing Go which is awesome and has also affected my general thought processes becuase i use it as a metaphor for a lot of things, I doubt I'd be listening to any of the music I currently like if it wasnt for the internet, and the 3 people who I'd say have most shaped my general worldview and genearl mental framework (Robert Anton Wilson/Ayn Rand/Wittgenstein) are all authors who I was introduced to via the internet.

edit: I just noticed you said 'GD' rather than the internet in general so you can remove the somethingawful parts from that, but the rest is largely either GD or planetarion related! Theres also smaller things that are harder to define such as the huge impact that IRC has had on my sense of humour and so on.

Last edited by Nodrog; 22 Dec 2006 at 05:25.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 05:21   #22
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thanks to Nod and Dark Mage i learned how to throw up without putting my fingers down the back of my throat (you ****ing loved up faggots).
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 06:58   #23
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

My trips to Europe and my experiences with the locals there gave me a general notion that Europeans didn't really like Americans, and that loathing was just not blatantly shown in my face (except that one time in Edinburgh).

GD confirmed that this hatred on us fat, lazy and stupid Americans, is beyond explaining.

I did learn a lot from you Euro's. And I thank each and every one of you from enlightening my fat, stupid, and lazy American brain.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 09:03   #24
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I don`t think being here has affected me too much at all. I was pretty crazy guy anyway. Being here gives me the chance to "talk shit": generally entertain myself, and ofc provide the odd bit humour to those who need it
I love you all GD.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 11:12   #25
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I am a survivor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wVF5sTFVB0

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 11:32   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
not all non sequitars are funny yahwe, you've completely lost me.
Ironically, your post commenting on non sequiturs was a non sequitur, as his post followed directly on from yours.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 11:44   #27
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

I've become afraid of saying my opinion irl because I fear the rl neg-reps everybody will give me if I contradict them, resulting in a decrease of friends because they say I'm too boring, not a single girlfriend because they say I have no opinions and my parents sending me into therapy where I get sexually molested which I'm afraid to tell anybody.
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 11:53   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
I've become afraid of saying my opinion irl because I fear the rl neg-reps everybody will give me if I contradict them, resulting in a decrease of friends because they say I'm too boring, not a single girlfriend because they say I have no opinions and my parents sending me into therapy where I get sexually molested which I'm afraid to tell anybody.
GD has helped me to learn that people are idiots, who can't understand cause and effect even if it's explained to them.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 12:22   #29
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
People have been claiming that GD is dying for years now... and look, it's still here.
Napoleans body is still here but he is very dead!

Anyway, I have learned that my mum was right and the internet is full of wierdos that you should meet.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 15:25   #30
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

What affect it has had on me is now a long blurred line.. since in the last 7 years or so that affect has varied as the inhabitants of GD have changed guard more times than I care to count.

Back in the days of W and co I feel the more intellectually inclined community helped make me more astute. Then as we got more of our IRC peons onboard and discussion declined to things like OMGHIZORSLOLOLOLZERSKATEPEWPEWPEW \o/ etc I feel it has dumbed down my level of intellegence and more dramattically my grasp on the english language that I find it duelly affecting my real life english & grammer skills... damn you GD :shakesfist:

It has introduced me to some really ****ed up things.. things I'll never shake from my memory till I die.

It has gotten me addicted to internet forums.

Late night trawling sessions got me addicted to coffee (though in truth more of that credit goes to #planetarion than GD).

Hmm, I'm not really putting much of a positive spin on this am I? :/

I've learned a great deal about the ecentric UK culture.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 15:54   #31
Tomkat

I actually think that GD has made me more insulting towards people.

My friends all share the same kind of humour tolerance as GD (ie: pretty much anything goes in terms of insults and banter), so I'm ok there. It's when I venture outside of IRC and my friends (speaking to new people, or old friends who I haven't seen for a while) that I forget that this special brand of humour isn't necessarily appreciated by everyone.

I have refined my "your mother" jokes to a high level - JBG is an excellent mentor! If only one day I could be as good as him
(i'm actually serious about the above line - I regularly find myself throwing "your mother" quips at people in real life very quickly, without thinking about them. it kind of backfires when i do it to my sister though)

My values have changed also. I don't know - but I'm quite sure - that my values in terms of money and possessions (etc) would be different, especially coming from Jersey. I've seen a lot of my old friends go down the finance path and earn lots of money there (london wages, usually) while still living with their parents. This has resulted very much in a "how much do you earn then" kind of mentality. I think seeing people like Dante chat about his values (which, while rather extreme - I mean who gets a SATSUMA for christmas?! - are much more down to earth than a lot of people) or Yahwe for shunning people when they talk about money in a value sense, have made me rethink what is and isn't important in life. I think that as a result of this I decided teaching was a good idea - as I've been brought round to believing you should enjoy life, and use money to enjoy it, rather than the other way round. Sorry if that paragraph wasn't clear. It makes sense in my head!

I have Dace to thank for showing that stories can be quite easily broken down without being a chore to write. I then wrote a few of my own and found that people appreciated them, which really boosted my confidence.

I also think that GD made me a better internetter than I would otherwise be. Seeing most of the IRC conversations in your average channel, none of them are as in-depth and provoking as #forums. It's also taught me to not take things seriously on the internet, and making light of a situation is usually much better than to get wound up about it.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 16:01   #32
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Thanks to Nod and Dark Mage i learned how to throw up without putting my fingers down the back of my throat (you ****ing loved up faggots).
I thought you knew how to suck cock before you came to GD, I guess Nod and Dark Mage must have told you how to take the whole length.

Tee hee

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 18:46   #33
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Through various forum events and/or dramas I have learnt that, on the internet more than anywhere, people are often very different underneath the persona they project. I've also learnt that when things happen to make this apparent, it's often for the better in terms of gaining a greater understanding of the person in particular and people in general.

Finally, I've learnt that if you take a plane and place it on a huge treadmill runway which matches the speed of the plane... the plane still takes off!!!112
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 19:57   #34
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I actually think that GD has made me more insulting towards people.
I also share this feeling. I blame JBG.

GD has taught me how to be hopeless with females (hi Dace!)
By reading GD, I have also realised that the internet is not completely devoid of intelligence.
My belief that nothing on the internet should be taken seriously has also been strengthened by GD and Tomkat - because lets face it, its impossible to take Tomkat seriously.
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 20:00   #35
pyirt
nomen est omen

I`ve run of public houses to go to.....

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 00:20   #36
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

GD has taught me many things, all the way back in 2000 I think it was my first exposure to an internet forum of any kind. I am of the opinion that this was a seriously lucky thing to happen to me. Who knows what kind of person I would have turned into with a different forum and different people.

The first thing I think it gave me was some degree of debating skills (online, but they have been transferred to some degree). The first thread I ever posted in was one about the existence or not of God, I was arguing with Belgy and it gave me a taste for it. I think I posted mostly in these argument threads for ages. Reading the other silly ones but not posting in them because I was scared of all the nasty flaming.

Then I did, and GD gave me my first lessons in another important subject: "How to be good at the internet". The regime here has given me skills (and I'm sure this goes for an awful lot of the rest of you) which have served me well when venturing into other realms, whatever they may be.

GD has also given me a place to post E/N threads where people who I know know me will read them, the one or two times I have wanted to. I'm not sure how helpful this has been to me, but it's nice to know that the oppurtunity is there should I ever want to do it again.

The most important thing GD has given me however, is you guys. I've met so many awesome people here, many of you irl, and I thank the flying spaghetti monster that you're all in my life <3
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 09:01   #37
pyirt
nomen est omen

Cheers Deepflow

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 18:09   #38
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I learned of the wonderful magical world of youtube...
Unread 23 Dec 2006, 19:49   #39
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I've learnt that eccentric people are sometimes quite clever as well as being weird.
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 01:38   #40
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Increased cynicism in regard to the human race.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2006, 02:14   #41
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
The most important thing GD has given me however, is you guys. I've met so many awesome people here, many of you irl, and I thank the flying spaghetti monster that you're all in my life <3
Definitely the same for me. I've met some of my closest friends because of PA/GD.

This place has also completely screwed up my sense of humour. Like Tomkat was saying, this isn't too bad with most of my friends as they share the same kind of anything goes humour, but I have managed to piss off a lot of people by just making jokes without thinking.

Probably the other biggest difference is I have become a lot more libertarian from reading people's arguments here and by expanding the books I read thanks to recommendations here.