User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:09   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I made KFC

I thought it would be interesting to try and make "KFC twister" style wraps, so here's what I ended up doing after a bit of intarweb research:

You need:
A wok
Chicken breast
Egg (beaten)
Milk (3-4 times as much as your egg)
Plain flour
Paprika
Tabasco
Salt
Pepper
Oil
Fajita wraps
Lettuce
Tomato
Mayo/salad cream

To prep:
Slice up the lettuce and the tomato.
Cut the chicken into strips or however you like it.
Shove the milk in with the beaten egg and add a bit of pepper and a few drops of tabasco. Mix it all up and put it in a bowl.
Get the flour (I used about 1/3 of a coffee cup) and add some paprika, salt and pepper (I wasn't very exact, i just made little piles then mixed it all up). Mix that together and put it in another bowl.
Get your chicken strips and roll them around in the flour bowl until they're covered. Then dunk them in the egg/milk bowl and roll them around in the flour bowl again. Repeat this until you've got as much coating on as you want.

To cook:
Put about an inch of oil in the bottom of the wok and heat it till it looks shimmery. If it starts smoking then it's too hot so chuck some water on it to cool it down*.
CAREFULLY (I got splashed and it hurt) put the chicken into the oil and let it go mental for about 5 minutes. While boiling oil is spraying all over the kitchen, take the opportunity to shove the wraps in the microwave for 20 secs if you want them warm.
Take one of the bits of chicken out and cut it open to check it's cooked. If it's good, get them all out and put them on some paper towel or something to drain the oil off. Get your wraps, shove on some lettuce, a few bits of chicken, some tomato and some mayo.
Make into pleasing wrap shape.

Tadaa.

I will say this made a hell of a lot of mess plus takes quite a while - about 30 minutes or so once you've fiddled around with the bowls and shit. Then quite a while to wash up/clean oil off the ceiling. On the up side, you've got KFC with real chicken and you know what's in it. Plus it isn't a ripoff.

* Disclaimer: For the love of god don't do this. Just take the wok off the heat for a bit and turn the ring down.
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:13   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: I made KFC

That sounds very good
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:13   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's not really mine, I just looked at a few results of "KFC recipe" on google, cut out the bits I couldn't be bothered to do, didn't pay any attention to the quantities specified in any of them, then tried it.
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:17   #4
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

Abbadon, one of the BoS HC's is a chef at Denbies Wine estate. the largest in southern europe. he may be 20, but he does dish out some good tasting shit

and the lamb.... oh its a dream
it
ooooohhhhhhh
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:22   #5
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

an inch of oil? jesus man... you can have the same effect with significantly less oil, try about half a cm or so see how that goes
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:24   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Well i wanted to totally cover it cos if I had to turn it over then I risked scraping the coating off.
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:28   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Well technically shallow fried as there was just about enough oil to cover the chicken, but not enough for it to float or anything. I'd never deep fat fried anything, ever, so I was slightly afraid of burning down the flat and decided to be cautious.
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:30   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pretty much deep fried in that much fat

you really should use less fat and turn it, much healthier. you just have to be a little careful, but you should find that the coating doesnt come off very easily so it should be fine
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:34   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

oh, btw megla, it does sound very nice, and is the kind of thing i would make anyway
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 01:39   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

rr: meh. I patted the oil off with kitchen towel (yes i know this does sweet FA)
templar: sorry, no takeaways!
horn:
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 19:07   #11
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
On the up side, you've got KFC with real chicken and you know what's in it.
I was about to say that you'd forgotton to mince up the entire chicken (bones and feathers included) and then reform it with the aid of various E-numbers and stabilisers.

Roughly how much did it make? I assume that the egg/milk/etc mix is more than enough for more than one chicken breast.
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 19:28   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchleaf
Abbadon, one of the BoS HC's
Who are BoS
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 19:34   #13
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I occasionally make my own Big Macs, they taste pretty similar not bad at all atleast

MCDONALD'S BIG MAC

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Meats Main dish

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Sesame-seed hamb. bun
1/2 Extra bun
1/4 lb Ground beef
Dash of salt
1 tb Kraft Thousand Isl. dressing
1 t Finely diced onion
1/2 c Finely chopped lettuce
1 sl American cheese
3 Dill pickle slices/chips

1) With a serrated knife, cut the top off the extra bun, leaving about a 3/4"
thick slice. This will be middle bun in your sandwich.
2) Place 3 buns face down on hot griddle or pan and toast to lt. brown. Set
aside, but keep pan hot.
3) Divide ground beef in half and form 2 thin patties (use hamburger press if you
have one-it works best) slightly larger than bun.
4) Cook patties in hot pan over med heat for 2 to 3 min. a side. Salt lightly.
5) Build the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up: bottom
bun--half of dressing--half of onion--half of lettuce--Amer. cheese beef patty--
middle bun--rest of dressing--rest of onion--rest of lettuce-- pickle slices--beef
patty--top bun.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 20:09   #14
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Making your own Big Macs?!

Is that a good thing?
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 20:37   #15
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Roughly how much did it make? I assume that the egg/milk/etc mix is more than enough for more than one chicken breast.
One chicken breast did enough for about 3 wraps. There was faaar too much egg/milk mix as I was kind of limited by having to use a whole egg. The flour mix was about right.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:35   #16
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
4) Cook patties in hot pan over med heat for 2 to 3 min. a side. Salt lightly.
5) Build the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up: bottom
bun--half of dressing--half of onion--half of lettuce--Amer. cheese beef patty--
middle bun--rest of dressing--rest of onion--rest of lettuce-- pickle slices--beef
patty--top bun.
I smell an ex-mcd employee.

Although the thousand island sauce lacks the key ingredient, which as everyone in the entire world knows, is cum from a spotty mcds employee.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 17:30   #17
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

I've never understood the attraction of TI Sauce. Even the real stuff doesn't really taste of anything special.