User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 17:05   #51
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
this will increase stagnation once a block died.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 18:02   #52
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road
I think some people may have not read the original statement entirely, especially from the mentions of Alliances 'not being able to recruit'.

Zeus was referring to private galaxies. You could then make the assumption that nobody new would be shuffled into this galaxy. You're hardly going to invite randoms into your galaxy for the sole purpose of recruiting them, are you?

Yes, it'd be limiting the number of friends you'd be with. Assuming, of course, that you have more friends outside the alliance than in, and that you do what he asks.

As regards the 'Putting all your eggs in one basket' comments; Yes, if you've got a private galaxy full of just your own, that's a large chunk that's easily targettable. If you don't want them all at risk, you're going to have to share with another alliance. Which means then that if you ever end up breaking treaty with that second alliance midround, you'll have one or more galaxies that'll be in trouble by sharing a galaxy with the enemy.

Which will more than likely lead to stagnation. Which, unsurprisingly, was the point of the request.

Yeah, you can get around it by forcing the people in the affected galaxies to choose a side, but that runs the risk of alienating members. Not always a good thing, is it?
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 17:28   #53
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
For the record, i don't see it happening myself. I mean, not everyone is a member of only 1 alliance. I myself am in 3 currently... the more the merrier (1 Alliance only rule sucks, and I will never bide by it)
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Why are you quoting me in your signature?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2003, 18:41   #54
LORD-NIKO
Horny *******

LORD-NIKO is an unknown quantity at this point
lol

if u manage to do that Zeus i will buy u a car.

would be superb tho.
only way to do this must be to do something in the game..
donno what tho heh
Round 2: 77:18 (SL/LOST)
Round 3: 30:4 (TC)
Round 4: 170:17 (Knights)
Round 5: 35:23:12 (DTA)
Round 6: 8:17:3 (Silver/Ely/VtS)
Round 7: 29:21:3 (RaH Founder)
Round 8: 43:8:4 (RaH HC)
Round 9: 1:4:8 (RaH HC)
Round9.5: 26:5:9 (RaH HC)
----------------------------------------------
LORD-NIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 09:08   #55
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
no, alliances could agree on it. I would love it.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 09:22   #56
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
lol

If they can manage to have one block a galaxy, they will not have stagnation tho WEE have naps and are accepting almost every alliance into their gals. THIS IS COWARDLY!
Just so I dont blame WEE to much, it is just as cowardly for people outside WEE to join their gals, for protection.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2003, 09:51   #57
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
what the fk are you talking about..

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
If they can manage to have one block a galaxy, they will not have stagnation tho WEE have naps and are accepting almost every alliance into their gals. THIS IS COWARDLY!
Just so I dont blame WEE to much, it is just as cowardly for people outside WEE to join their gals, for protection.

-Jonas-

ofc mate, keep telling yourself that..

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote