User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:20   #1
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Methedrine is on a distinguished road
When's most of the universe going to wake up?

I am just wondering.

Talked to a few friends last night, and to some people I don't really know. Then I took a look at the alliance rankings. Seems like everyone wants to allow 1Up to get an easy ride this round. All the FAnG/MISTU baiting that seems to go on serves them right for having stagnated last round with their overpowered politics, but in the end the #4 and #5 ranked alliances shouldn't get bashed to hell in order to keep the game interesting.

I ultimately doubt that FAnG with an average ratio of 0.95 and MISTU with an average ratio of 0.94 are the best targets out in the universe (ratio = average size / average score * 1000) while VSN has 1.04, LCH has a ratio of 1.14 and 1Up a ratio of 1.08. Basically FAnG / MISTU have the worst ratios in the whole top 10 alliance rankings.

Also, analyzing past 5 days growth rates:
1Up constantly grew with more than 10% of its size the past 5 days, LCH has been growing even stronger (more than 13% of its size the past 5 days), Vision crawls around with an average size growth of 7.4%. FAnG been losing a lot lately, MISTU stagnated more or less with their growth.

More situation analysis by member count changes:
ND grew 5 members. Rock lost 2. FAnG lost 8, MISTU went 1Up, VSN lost 4, LCH grew 6, 1Up went 1Down.

Given those circumstances, one can conclude the following:
LCH, NewDawn, 1Up are the best average targets in the top 10 alliance ranking.
MISTU and FAnG are taking a beating, I'd even say FAnG has lost already given the member & roid loss they took.
LCH and 1Up are roid-racing for the #1 spot even though 1Up has an advantage there given it's bigger already and thus can produce more ships in 24 ticks than LCH can.
All other top 10 alliances aren't #1 spot material because they are not growing fast enough, neither have a sufficient amount of asteroids to catch up with the top 2 alliances easily, especially not on their own.
Now we have LCH and 1Up outgrowing the universe, a dead FAnG which claimed to be a top alliance, a struggling MISTU which seems like it will fall in the near future as well, a lot of other alliances which lack the quality to compete with LCH and 1Up.

Should things change? Maybe. Things should only change if people are interested in an interesting round which won't stagnate all too early for most people. Since 1Up is the current #1 it can relax and sit back and watch the universe while keeping their growth going, LCH would be required to take a step to take down 1Up (which is rather easy at the moment, but time is running out for doing so) but do they have the spine or required intel to do so?
FAnG/MISTU could in a temporary joint effort give 1Up or LCH some nice fight for 2-3 days and should break up again then. Or ND/Vision do it. Or whoever else. There are quite some options to make changes - question is how many alliance leaders are out there which possess enough spine or quality to challenge the top ranking, even with temporary blocking (which is something even our Sid admitted to do if necessary)?

With giving in to 1Up propaganda and being hypocrite enough to keep on focussing to punish a dead and a falling alliance for what they did last round, then 1Up will have its easy ride. To me everyone seems to play the round in a way 1Up wants them to play it and everyone not being 1Up let themselves get fooled by 1Up.

Nice work, 1Up, keep it up, that's the way to go to win a round.
It's your time to start acting, LCH - in case you want to win. You have a chance there, pick the right option now.
ND / Vision / FAnG: I think the term "top alliance" is definately not suiting you. You people are too much focussing around your tiny little rivalities it seems.
MISTU: Paying the price for last round's block? Probably. Just don't give up to easy, you still have to prove yourself while the rest has already done it.

[EDIT] The data from PT 324 was analyzed.
Methedrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:31   #2
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: When's most of the universe going to wake up?

i await the 1up heckling team to take effect (ofcourse supported by helix).

[EDIT in sid propaganda style]

While I can see that tis information could be construed as avoidance I hearby say that 1up has no agrements whatsoever. Now does that satisfy you?

[/Edit in sid propaganda style]

On a side note I thin its pretty obviou that certain aliances are puposely avoiding conflict. 1up being one f the main instigators of that.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 2 Jul 2004 at 09:36.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:34   #3
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Apparently you didn't look at those growth rates very closely, the one night so far when FAnG concentrated their firepower on us (or was it MISTU, I forget, maybe it was both, not sure anymore with all the block talk going on). Anyways, that night 1up actually only gained a few hundred to 1000 roids, because we lost so many in the nights attack.

LCH has started their move, and are actively targetting 1up, as are many other alliances. With the extreme number of posts whining "dont give into 1up propaganda" I doubt that many people have been influenced one way or the other, and are simply acting upon their own grudges. I believe that once they are satisfied with beating FAnG and MISTU that they will come after 1up, which some have already started.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:41   #4
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
i await the 1up heckling team to take effect (ofcourse supported by helix).

[EDIT in sid propaganda style]

While I can see that tis information could be construed as avoidance I hearby say that 1up has no agrements whatsoever. Now does that satisfy you?

[/Edit in sid propaganda style]

On a side note I thin its pretty obviou that certain aliances are puposely avoiding conflict. 1up being one f the main instigators of that.
You really are starting to piss me off Rumad.

Yes it is true LCH and 1up are the fastest growing alliances, in both size and score. If you want someone to blame, blame Mistu for deciding to take on more than they could, i mean what HC worth anything decides to ignore an alliance that attacked you a previous night, to open up a new war with an entirely different one. LCH targetted Mistu, and Mistu in return targetted 1up, go figure.

I would also love to know how we would be gaining roids if we were sitting out of conflict, were right in the sodding middle of it.
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:42   #5
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
Apparently you didn't look at those growth rates very closely, the one night so far when FAnG concentrated their firepower on us (or was it MISTU, I forget, maybe it was both, not sure anymore with all the block talk going on). Anyways, that night 1up actually only gained a few hundred to 1000 roids, because we lost so many in the nights attack.
That was not in the last 120 ticks, so outside of the data I analyzed. 1Up has had one "bad" day of growing according to pilkara - they "only" grew 3.5k roids there. Still more than most others did. That was on June 30th, so only 2 days ago. Yet the night afterwards they grew by 8k roids again. So your statement is, quite frankly judging by these facts, wrong. If you are referring to any night before PT 201, then gaining only 1k roids isn't that few as it seems right now.

Quote:
LCH has started their move, and are actively targetting 1up, as are many other alliances. With the extreme number of posts whining "dont give into 1up propaganda" I doubt that many people have been influenced one way or the other, and are simply acting upon their own grudges. I believe that once they are satisfied with beating FAnG and MISTU that they will come after 1up, which some have already started.
You are contradicting yourself. First you say LCH is actively targetting 1Up now. But in the last sentence you say "once they are satisfied with beating FAnG and MISTU [...] they will come after 1Up, which some have already started". Either you mixed your references up there, or it is just a bad attempt of trying to draw the focus away.

I do, however, agree with your claim that most people are acting upon their grudges - it's a sign of bad leadership to do so, it makes you predictable to the enemy, he can foresee your reaction to things.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:43   #6
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
You really are starting to piss me off Rumad.

Yes it is true LCH and 1up are the fastest growing alliances, in both size and score. If you want someone to blame, blame Mistu for deciding to take on more than they could, i mean what HC worth anything decides to ignore an alliance that attacked you a previous night, to open up a new war with an entirely different one. LCH targetted Mistu, and Mistu in return targetted 1up, go figure.

I would also love to know how we would be gaining roids if we were sitting out of conflict, were right in the sodding middle of it.
The midle of i is such a punitive statement.

Middle also represent te centre that things revolve around and perhaps were agreements would be made to ensure you and certain other alliances end at the top of the rankings before the proper war.

As for a lap dog like you its god to see you refute thigs so often on every thread. Your another drone in the sid propaganda squad. Go get some views of your own larry the lamb.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:44   #7
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What's your real nick?

You'll be invited to some Risk games.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:49   #8
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methedrine
That was not in the last 120 ticks, so outside of the data I analyzed. 1Up has had one "bad" day of growing according to pilkara - they "only" grew 3.5k roids there. Still more than most others did. That was on June 30th, so only 2 days ago. Yet the night afterwards they grew by 8k roids again. So your statement is, quite frankly judging by these facts, wrong. If you are referring to any night before PT 201, then gaining only 1k roids isn't that few as it seems right now.

You are contradicting yourself. First you say LCH is actively targetting 1Up now. But in the last sentence you say "once they are satisfied with beating FAnG and MISTU [...] they will come after 1Up, which some have already started". Either you mixed your references up there, or it is just a bad attempt of trying to draw the focus away.

I do, however, agree with your claim that most people are acting upon their grudges - it's a sign of bad leadership to do so, it makes you predictable to the enemy, he can foresee your reaction to things.

Ok, well, the attack I was referring to I believe was 3 nights ago, when I checked Pilkara it was halfway through the day and 1up had a 1% growth rate. Apparently 1up ran a number of early morning raids which increased their roid growth for the day. My point was that they have been hit.

To clear up the second part. The they is referring to the rest of the alliances not to LCH. The some is referring to the fact that alliances like LCH have already started to come after 1up.

Sorry for making my original post a bit confusing, hope I cleared up what I meant to say.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:50   #9
Game'

Quote:
The midle of i is such a punitive statement.

Middle also represent te centre that things revolve around and perhaps were agreements would be made to ensure you and certain other alliances end at the top of the rankings before the proper war.

As for a lap dog like you its god to see you refute thigs so often on every thread. Your another drone in the sid propaganda squad. Go get some views of your own larry the lamb.
Carefully reading every word in an attempt to twist it is so cool, your girlfriend must be proud, you know exactly what was meant Rumad so dont insult peoples intelligence, and seens as were on name calling, stop calling in McDonalds, as your fat fingers are making you miss keys (

Last edited by Game'; 17 Aug 2004 at 19:28.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:51   #10
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

I would actually prefer it if you two take it to PM, Game and Rumad.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:53   #11
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Carefully reading every word in an attempt to twist it is so cool, your girlfriend must be proud, you know exactly what was meant Rumad so dont insult peoples intelligence, and seens as were on name calling, stop calling in McDonalds, as your fat fingers are making you miss keys (
I don't eat mcdonalds and rarely eat red meat these days

As for twisting I would say its perception. In many instances its what is not said or is said subconciously that reveals most about an alliance. Anyway larry I really have to do some work - but when you get some "real" views like you used to have rather than following corporate line gimme a yell and we will talk more
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 09:57   #12
Game'

Quote:
I don't eat mcdonalds and rarely eat red meat these days

As for twisting I would say its perception. In many instances its what is not said or is said subconciously that reveals most about an alliance. Anyway larry I really have to do some work - but when you get some "real" views like you used to have rather than following corporate line gimme a yell and we will talk more
Just because a person's view contradicts your "opinion"(however uneducated it is), does not make it wrong. step into the real world you may learn something :/
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:04   #13
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Quote:
Ok, well, the attack I was referring to I believe was 3 nights ago, when I checked Pilkara it was halfway through the day and 1up had a 1% growth rate. Apparently 1up ran a number of early morning raids which increased their roid growth for the day. My point was that they have been hit.

To clear up the second part. The they is referring to the rest of the alliances not to LCH. The some is referring to the fact that alliances like LCH have already started to come after 1up.

Sorry for making my original post a bit confusing, hope I cleared up what I meant to say.
In this shed of light I can agree with you, even if only partly. Whether LCH is targetting 1Up or not will be told by the time and way this round developes.

I do, according to what I heard, doubt that 1Up had a few nights in a row with a few waves of incoming on a decent amount of planets yet - so nothing that a smarter human being would consider as "being targetted". Being now and then hit by someone is something that always happens, being continously hit by the same alliances is being targetted.

PS: Are there still no moderators on those forums which keep threads clean?
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:10   #14
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Just because a person's view contradicts your "opinion"(however uneducated it is), does not make it wrong. step into the real world you may learn something :/
I live in the real world and do real work kev.

In my role as accountant i am cynical and I demand evidence in order to "believe" what someone says. Opinions can change, but they cannot become "fact" until proven.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:12   #15
Game'

Quote:
I do, according to what I heard, doubt that 1Up had a few nights in a row with a few waves of incoming on a decent amount of planets yet - so nothing that a smarter human being would consider as "being targetted". Being now and then hit by someone is something that always happens, being continously hit by the same alliances is being targetted.
We have been targetted by Mistu for the last few days, rather unfortunate for them that LCH hit them first to start a war with them, yet they decided to hit us. Shame they struggle to get through on us, and LCH seem to run freely through their planets, oh well
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:15   #16
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Quote:
We have been targetted by Mistu for the last few days, rather unfortunate for them that LCH hit them first to start a war with them, yet they decided to hit us. Shame they struggle to get through on us, and LCH seem to run freely through their planets, oh well
That is one memberwise smaller alliance hitting you. I doubt MISTU alone could give you that many incomings as some others have had the past days - simply because MISTU cannot send 30+ fleets at 10+ galaxies the same time.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:16   #17
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
In this shed of light I can agree with you, even if only partly. Whether LCH is targetting 1Up or not will be told by the time and way this round developes.

PS: Are there still no moderators on those forums which keep threads clean?
actually its side points whic makes threads interesting.

I think you will never ge he "truth" in what ou look for. Your statistics are accurate and representative f avidance agreements between certain alliances before hey have a mini gentlemans war.

The trouble is that people can argue all they want over the facts, put up various reasons, but its easy to gloss over the top. Whats harder is actually supporting the arguments to "prove" beyond reasonable doubt what they say is "correct".

The argument may be littered with flames, but a te end of the day its points which need discussing. PS don't take the flames too serious - i have known kev a long time and its not as personal as you would believe (I SAW YOU KEV ON THSE LONG WALKS WITH DENIAL REMEMBER )
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:25   #18
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

I can say with absolute certainty that there is a significant amount of targetting of 1up going on at this very moment in time. My own gal is currently under assault from 3 waves of mixed mistu/vsn (incidentally I'm not imtimating in any way that this means they are working together) and we have got to be one of the poorest targets int he game so they are hardly dropping in for the ripe roids on offer.

Nothing is meant by this post other than for purposes of information.

And as a quick aside to Rumad and his usual rubbish:

We have had to cover a good amount of LCH incoming on 1up planets this morning so do us all a favour and hush

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters

Last edited by mazzelaar; 2 Jul 2004 at 10:27. Reason: speeeeling
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:30   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
We have had to cover a good amount of LCH incoming on 1up planets this morning so do us all a favour and hush
replace LCH wiyh FAnG and 1up with MISTU, and you hear exactly what they are saying too
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:37   #20
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
replace LCH wiyh FAnG and 1up with MISTU, and you hear exactly what they are saying too
I also never said there was a deal between fang/mistu so don't bring me into this petty sqaubble as I got better shit to do with my day. Navel lint can be more interesting than you'd think.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:43   #21
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Quote:
actually its side points whic makes threads interesting.

I think you will never ge he "truth" in what ou look for. Your statistics are accurate and representative f avidance agreements between certain alliances before hey have a mini gentlemans war.

The trouble is that people can argue all they want over the facts, put up various reasons, but its easy to gloss over the top. Whats harder is actually supporting the arguments to "prove" beyond reasonable doubt what they say is "correct".

The argument may be littered with flames, but a te end of the day its points which need discussing. PS don't take the flames too serious - i have known kev a long time and its not as personal as you would believe (I SAW YOU KEV ON THSE LONG WALKS WITH DENIAL REMEMBER )
You are completely getting me wrong, Rumad. I wasn't pointing at any blocks. All I was pointing out is that the universe seems to have slept in their anger and seemed to lose focus a bit.
Given mazzelaars statement it seem to have waken up last night, something we will be able to tell after the weekend I guess.
IF 1Up should be targetted right now, well, it will be a very interesting round I guess.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 10:52   #22
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
IF 1Up should be targetted right now, well, it will be a very interesting round I guess.
I agree completely - but this is being somewhat stymied with the block allegations made by certain parties within the 1up alliance.

Simplisticly there should be co-operation ensure certain alliances don't grow exponentially. Its common sense that if these alliances with high roid ratios are given to much lead they will at somepoint become relativey secure and to a certain extent untouchable.

I would suggest if there was no agreements the roid ratio's would not be so high - if you are targetting on roids and roids alone the galaxies with 1up/vsn/lch must be rather tasty given their roid ratio - surely sid's argument of alliances picking targets purely by roids means there focus should be changing now instead of concentrating on anti FAnG/MISTU propaganda?

Just a observation
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 11:33   #23
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I agree completely - but this is being somewhat stymied with the block allegations made by certain parties within the 1up alliance.

Simplisticly there should be co-operation ensure certain alliances don't grow exponentially. Its common sense that if these alliances with high roid ratios are given to much lead they will at somepoint become relativey secure and to a certain extent untouchable.

I would suggest if there was no agreements the roid ratio's would not be so high - if you are targetting on roids and roids alone the galaxies with 1up/vsn/lch must be rather tasty given their roid ratio - surely sid's argument of alliances picking targets purely by roids means there focus should be changing now instead of concentrating on anti FAnG/MISTU propaganda?

Just a observation
You're also missing a rather significant point. It's true that 1up are being attacked most extensively by FAnG/MISTU (whether this implies cooperation i neither know nor care tbh) and the most important point is that although we are coevring the vast majority of the def calls there are ones that get through. So does it not make sense to atttack ones attacker? We aren't solely hitting these alliances but we are making an effort to cut our own incoming down by removing their fleet/slots.

Quote:
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 11:38   #24
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Quote:

Just a observation
I think the major point you are missing is that there were no agreements required this round to have FAnG and MISTU being targetted right from the start. FAnG is maybe the most hated pa alliance around and they won last round. MISTU was also part of the winning and stagnating block last round, thus they are also hated. There's enough emotion involved to get a silent cooperation again them, something no agreements were needed for. People like 1Up just needed to jump on the train and seek its benefit from this situation, which so far they have done very nicely. Thus I'm more inclined to say "if alliances wouldn't act upon their anger but on logical consequence, there wouldn't be any or at least not a lot of galaxies with high ratios".

The words you are putting into sid's mouth aren't completely correct either. Sid said they'd pick targets purely by roids, yes - but he also said they'd avoid galaxies with 1Up inside. It's a clever tactic to get major parts of the enemy forces on your side when your galaxies are mixed with a lot of vsn/lch/nd/whoever people; what most players haven't realized is that 1Up "buys" them with a relatively good galaxy ranking to abuse their alliance.

But agreed, if some people would use as much energy for situation analysis and adaption as they use on flaming and whining and trolling, PA would be a lot more interesting.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 11:44   #25
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
You're also missing a rather significant point. It's true that 1up are being attacked most extensively by FAnG/MISTU (whether this implies cooperation i neither know nor care tbh) and the most important point is that although we are coevring the vast majority of the def calls there are ones that get through. So does it not make sense to atttack ones attacker? We aren't solely hitting these alliances but we are making an effort to cut our own incoming down by removing their fleet/slots.
I consider this post to be a bit of a diversionary tactic.

Ofcourse you will hit your "enemies". However as we both know alliances tend to concentrate on those that attack on the most regular basis and with the highest proportions of galaxy members which attack your alliance.

The obvious point which you have eluded is why I consider this post to be a diversionary tactic is that what yu say is more significant if you have avoidance agreements in place. Your enemies become more concentrated and I am guessing this is why MISTU and FAnG are being squeezed.

If the universe really wants a level playing field you matey have to be pegged back - not for some hatred of you lot been Fury has beens but because you have to be targetted to stop the exponential growth factor kicking in.

Same wit all alliances wih a high roid raio.

More often than not if alliances idle and allow the 3 alliances to take control you will end up with a stagnatory effect all over again. No difference to blocking rounds except the round started with a bit more promise.
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 11:50   #26
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
I consider this post to be a bit of a diversionary tactic.

Ofcourse you will hit your "enemies". However as we both know alliances tend to concentrate on those that attack on the most regular basis and with the highest proportions of galaxy members which attack your alliance.

The obvious point which you have eluded is why I consider this post to be a diversionary tactic is that what yu say is more significant if you have avoidance agreements in place. Your enemies become more concentrated and I am guessing this is why MISTU and FAnG are being squeezed.

If the universe really wants a level playing field you matey have to be pegged back - not for some hatred of you lot been Fury has beens but because you have to be targetted to stop the exponential growth factor kicking in.

Same wit all alliances wih a high roid raio.

More often than not if alliances idle and allow the 3 alliances to take control you will end up with a stagnatory effect all over again. No difference to blocking rounds except the round started with a bit more promise.

you're insitence on 1up being napped/allied/agreement not to hit lch is bordering on obsession - drop me a pm on irc if you get the chance - you need to be councilled

Quote:
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 11:55   #27
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
1) I think the major point you are missing is that there were no agreements required this round to have FAnG and MISTU being targetted right from the start. FAnG is maybe the most hated pa alliance around and they won last round. MISTU was also part of the winning and stagnating block last round, thus they are also hated. There's enough emotion involved to get a silent cooperation again them, something no agreements were needed for. People like 1Up just needed to jump on the train and seek its benefit from this situation, which so far they have done very nicely. Thus I'm more inclined to say "if alliances wouldn't act upon their anger but on logical consequence, there wouldn't be any or at least not a lot of galaxies with high ratios".

2) The words you are putting into sid's mouth aren't completely correct either. Sid said they'd pick targets purely by roids, yes - but he also said they'd avoid galaxies with 1Up inside. It's a clever tactic to get major parts of the enemy forces on your side when your galaxies are mixed with a lot of vsn/lch/nd/whoever people; what most players haven't realized is that 1Up "buys" them with a relatively good galaxy ranking to abuse their alliance.

3) But agreed, if some people would use as much energy for situation analysis and adaption as they use on flaming and whining and trolling, PA would be a lot more interesting.
1) your rigt to a certain extent. FAnG did nter te round wih few people praising them or there alliance. However if you are right then wy has this tagetting continued past the basis that they have roids. Simply its now a situation where the 3 alliances whether officially or unofficially are tagetting FAnG and MISTU to assist there growth. The 3 alliances are not silly and my view is that the avoidance agreements are in place. Athe minute you have 3 alliances feeding off 2. This isn't keeping a fair and balanced playing environment. When you knock out 2 of the rounds biggest competitors so soon do you thin there is opportunity for the round to remain balanced?

Take round 3 as an example. Fury and Legion nocked out a few alliances at a time. They concentrated on someone till they could feed no longer and then they moved on. If you adopt the same styled tactics to the curent rund yu will ifnd that soon MISTU and FAnG will be loosing ground and will be unable to fairly compete. Before long the round iwll get stagnatory as the cmmunity is so small that fater doing this to 5 or 6 alliances allying this to xponential growth you still have a stagnatory playing environment.

2) I ave't put words in anyone's mouth. Sid stated he was tagetting people for roids. I say he is taetting alliances which he knows are having heavy incomings and avoiding targets which those alliances have taken t amximise best effect. I am also saying that on the basis of the analysis that there are in fact better targets. I dont think looking at the roid ratio's that MISTU and FAnG are the best targets. Also if avoidance agrements are inpalce the this iwl sriously impact on which targets are available,

3) Whining and trolling is part and parcel of ad and that will never change. WHat is neededis those that are winning to stp whining - they have no right to whine since they are in the position they are in. Alls fair in love and war etc
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 11:58   #28
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
you're insitence on 1up being napped/allied/agreement not to hit lch is bordering on obsession - drop me a pm on irc if you get the chance - you need to be councilled
irc

*shudder*

I only go there nw when i se diabz, gwyn or LB or other old mates these days

I will be on after my lunch though this afternoon to chat with you - i wanan see how you are etc but no planetarion talk
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 12:05   #29
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
The words you are putting into sid's mouth aren't completely correct either. Sid said they'd pick targets purely by roids, yes - but he also said they'd avoid galaxies with 1Up inside. It's a clever tactic to get major parts of the enemy forces on your side when your galaxies are mixed with a lot of vsn/lch/nd/whoever people; what most players haven't realized is that 1Up "buys" them with a relatively good galaxy ranking to abuse their alliance.
I'd like to know which alliances have a policy of attacking galaxies with their own members in - I suspect few if any such alliances exist. Avoiding your own members' galaxies is common practice and has been for quite some time, for all alliances (Fork posted saying that MISTU avoid hitting their own galaxies, I know that much). I doubt any serious alliance could be 'bought' with a promise that we'll only roid their members that aren't in our galaxies, if we were even offering that (which we're not - anyone who hits us can expect to be hit back regardless of their galaxy).
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 12:09   #30
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Snip.
Nice post m8.

The ratio of the alliance you where stating are ofcourse lower because LCH/1up roids them well. If you like at five days back those ratio's where more close. Ofcourse there comes a time(maybe it is there already) that 1up and LCH will be more in war then now, cause they control most juicy planets. This should be a sign for the other alliances to jump the bandwagon and focus more on those alliances. Prolly one alliance will sufer more then the other, so a gap is created. As soon as there is a clear gap(I think LCH and 1up are racing together) action should be made to close the gap, that means make a temporary block to avoid one alliance winning to easy. That alliance can say it's unfair, wars should be 1 vs 1 etc etc... But to make it simple, not only political(Becoming #1) but also military it's the wisest move. The biggest alliance(controlling allaince) gives you the most problems when having incoming and makes it hard to take there roids. Focussing military on these targets together lead to the most roid gain for your alliance. This has not only the reason that they are prolly most roidfat and attacked by more then 1 alliance, but also that atm more then 1 alliance focus on 1 alliance, your incoming will reduce, so you will lose less roids. This also gives you more....

So to all, keep fighting, bashing
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 12:11   #31
Methedrine
wearing cheap sunglasses

Quote:
1) your rigt to a certain extent. FAnG did nter te round wih few people praising them or there alliance. However if you are right then wy has this tagetting continued past the basis that they have roids. Simply its now a situation where the 3 alliances whether officially or unofficially are tagetting FAnG and MISTU to assist there growth. The 3 alliances are not silly and my view is that the avoidance agreements are in place. Athe minute you have 3 alliances feeding off 2. This isn't keeping a fair and balanced playing environment. When you knock out 2 of the rounds biggest competitors so soon do you thin there is opportunity for the round to remain balanced?

Take round 3 as an example. Fury and Legion nocked out a few alliances at a time. They concentrated on someone till they could feed no longer and then they moved on. If you adopt the same styled tactics to the curent rund yu will ifnd that soon MISTU and FAnG will be loosing ground and will be unable to fairly compete. Before long the round iwll get stagnatory as the cmmunity is so small that fater doing this to 5 or 6 alliances allying this to xponential growth you still have a stagnatory playing environment.

2) I ave't put words in anyone's mouth. Sid stated he was tagetting people for roids. I say he is taetting alliances which he knows are having heavy incomings and avoiding targets which those alliances have taken t amximise best effect. I am also saying that on the basis of the analysis that there are in fact better targets. I dont think looking at the roid ratio's that MISTU and FAnG are the best targets. Also if avoidance agrements are inpalce the this iwl sriously impact on which targets are available,

3) Whining and trolling is part and parcel of ad and that will never change. WHat is neededis those that are winning to stp whining - they have no right to whine since they are in the position they are in. Alls fair in love and war etc
Either I seem to have not made it clear enough or you were not carefully enough reading my postings. 1Up basically just jumped upon the bandwagon to maximise it's growth effect. There are several ways to grow:

One is hitting the juiciest planets, i.e. those with the highest ratios.

Another one is to wait some time to see where people hit, then hit some smaller targets and launch late waves on those juicy galaxies which have defended first waves.

The second tactic is simply taking away the risk of rushing into defense, smaller targets are - especially in the beginning - likely to be in a small alliance (or in none at all). However, with hitting bigger targets later you take some risk that they won't be as juicy as earlier, but you also take on the chance that you get more roids than the rest a lot easier. Basically because the first 1-2 waves drain your targets defense already and you run in undefended. There's no need for agreements there, just takes some good intel.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 12:17   #32
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

Rumad, me and you have always got on and have very similar opinions on a lot of PA related issues

As a 1up MO - I select targets for raids based upon roidcount and ratio. You know me well enough to know if I tell the truth or not, but not once have I had a command or order from the command team stating "we need this galaxy hit" or "that galaxy is off limits"

If the arbiter shows them as either hostile or neutral they are free to be hit - there are no planetary exceptions. The only galaxies avoided are the ones with 1up members in them.

I've gotta disagree with you on this one mate - going off the hard evidence I see in front of me

PS: Still waiting for my online order of strawberry flavoured edible thongs

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 12:41   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Seems like everyone wants to allow 1Up to get an easy ride this round.

Given those circumstances, one can conclude the following:
LCH, NewDawn, 1Up are the best average targets in the top 10 alliance ranking.
With the first bit, I agree - MISTU/FAnG foolishly got into war with a better alliance early on, when they could have got easy roids and grew a bit more and tried to draw more people into the conflict. As a result 1up have been able to get a ton of roids off them, although they've probably lost some gas in the tank as a result. Today 1up seem to have taken it to everybody.

On that basis i'd say the best targets are 1up followed by LCH - as if they aren't dealt with, everyone else won't stand much of a chance as 1up have top ability, while LCH unchecked would be allowed to grow and feed to a greater extent from any 1up demise. There are of course easier roids, but easy roids don't matter if a greater concern goes unchecked.

1up aren't NAPped, don't need to be and prob wouldn't get one with LCH if LCH don't want to be subsurvient. Anyone who suggested that would be doing so in error, in my opinion.

The whole political conditions created at the start of the round were always going to heavily favour 1up, so the question posed is this: survival or entertainment? I think we've very close to coming to the crunch myself.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 12:48   #34
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Random twoddle
Please use your real account. Else if u dont have the balls sod off
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 12:52   #35
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

lokken = the win
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 13:17   #36
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'Re: When's most of the universe going to wake up?'

Far too late to make a difference as usual.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 13:54   #37
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Far too late to make a difference as usual.

~Vaio~
I just can't wait for the whinging about stagnation myself
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 14:25   #38
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread looks remarkably like 2-3 others that have emerged over the last couple of days.

How tedious :/
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 14:34   #39
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
This thread looks remarkably like 2-3 others that have emerged over the last couple of days.

How tedious :/
thast funny - I thought thats how 1up had manipulated them to be?

silly me
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 14:39   #40
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
thast funny - I thought thats how 1up had manipulated them to be?

silly me
If 1up could magically control what gets posted on AD, I doubt you would be posting so often
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 14:41   #41
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
If 1up could magically control what gets posted on AD, I doubt you would be posting so often
KJ thought he cud control that - thats why i left fang \o/

On a side note i am very disapointed with yuppy's attitude

I hought we were old mates but I guess I was mistaken
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 2 Jul 2004 at 14:53.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:14   #42
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

One of Kjel's few good decisions was hounding you out of FAnG buttertroll.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:33   #43
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
One of Kjel's few good decisions was hounding you out of FAnG buttertroll.
He never hounded me ut - i was going to be inactive anyway - however, I could not stand being near him after he trid to silence me. saw little poin to hanginga roud even thugh i hink LB is ace

As for you - you got anything beter to do tha be a obnoxious gimp?
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:43   #44
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
He never hounded me ut - i was going to be inactive anyway - however, I could not stand being near him after he trid to silence me. saw little poin to hanginga roud even thugh i hink LB is ace

As for you - you got anything beter to do tha be a obnoxious gimp?
It seems buttertrolls fingers are getting a bit too fat to be able type properly. Face it, Kjel made a good move getting rid of you, your a liability especially forum post wise, no one wanted you there, you should be used to that feeling by now.

And no, no I don't.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:48   #45
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I just can't wait for the whinging about stagnation myself
IF stagnation occurs it will purely to do with us playing so well so far as most have seen we are playing hardcore this round & alot of alliances are aswell ie: lch
How can stagnation occur when 1UP have the same amount of members as most allies this round.
Rumad I have noticed a pattern with alot of posts......
If your posts you seem very bias towards 1UP not sure because of our members past the fact that we have a few fury members & what have you.
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:55   #46
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by virogenesis
IF stagnation occurs it will purely to do with us playing so well so far as most have seen we are playing hardcore this round & alot of alliances are aswell ie: lch
How can stagnation occur when 1UP have the same amount of members as most allies this round.
Rumad I have noticed a pattern with alot of posts......
If your posts you seem very bias towards 1UP not sure because of our members past the fact that we have a few fury members & what have you.
STagnation has to do with a limited amount of alliances controlling the roid flows.

So stagnation will occur if avoiding each other the top alliances target everything else. By the time they actualy get around to hiting each other 50% f the universe is dead. Welcome to PAXI

As for biased against 1up chck the ppl I know and like in that alliance. Then se if my posts are "biased" because f my natural dislike for them, I think the answer I am groping for is... er.. no

As for hicks can't be bothered to reply - he tries and tries to rile me, but all i see is a rather pathetic geek getting arsey cause he can't have his own way

Righty ho rely and flame if you want - i am off home to spend some tim with my gf - she wanted sex at lunchtime, but she sure will get some tonight ;D

Enjoy your hand Hicks I am sure it is very fullfilling
Proud to be Independent
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 16:57   #47
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
What's your real nick?

You'll be invited to some Risk games.
We need to stop him before he figures out our masterplan Zhil.

And tonight it's risk night
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 03:45   #48
B-Butch3r

Heh, very very good post.
If MISTU/FAnG where allied we would ofc beaten 1up/LCH wouldnt we?
I love being primary target btw
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 03:53   #49
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I hardly ever post but thought i would suggest that people check pilkara by clicking on the alliances in question to see what they gain / lose by looking at the graph or the history?

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 06:17   #50
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Butch3r
I love being primary target btw
Another satisfied customer