User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Aug 2008, 15:03   #51
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: this might help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Blame yourself for not playing anymore that AD is boring!
Now who is going to put a real money bounty on somebody?

(play with me next round pretty plz? )
lol, i think i will be online somewhere tonight if you are around? i have been trying to avoid coming back where possible, although i did come on irc and reregister my nick =)

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 18:11   #52
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
lol, i think i will be online somewhere tonight if you are around? i have been trying to avoid coming back where possible, although i did come on irc and reregister my nick =)
You can't avoid me!
You still need to come to belgium btw for that wager you lost in r19...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 19:12   #53
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

bah VdM you are the biggest noob in this game,
if i wasn't opposed to flemish on flemish crime i would have attacked
you last round after selfexiling out of a good gal.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 21:16   #54
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
bah VdM you are the biggest noob in this game,
if i wasn't opposed to flemish on flemish crime i would have attacked
you last round after selfexiling out of a good gal.
To answer to this with a quote from mz:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
1. If I choose to self-exile, that's my choice. If your gal collapses when one person leaves, you're probably doing something wrong.
& lets just say i wasn't really feeling a positive vibe in our gal last round, sure it may have been capable of finishing higher in the ranks then where I landed, but was it more fun?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2008, 22:32   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On a sidenote, that "View Post" thingie is rather useful.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 14:06   #56
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
lets just say i wasn't really feeling a positive vibe in our gal last round, sure it may have been capable of finishing higher in the ranks then where I landed, but was it more fun?
gals im in are always fun , besides it wasn't just you that left,
but the gal went in panic mode after we exiled some inactives and our score dropped. And with only a bp left we exiled to, cause we didn't feel it to be wise to have three HA top players in a gal like that.

Finally retired
Unread 10 Aug 2008, 16:13   #57
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I used to be a pretty active poster on these forums. Back in the day when I was in the business, anyways. I'm pretty certain I've contributed a couple of those threads exblade's calling on the original post, either by letting Forest out of his cage or by doing the dirty work myself. I stopped this at some point during round 18 or 19 for numerous reasons.

First, the level of feedback had really succumbed. At some point in my elephant's memory there were still vaguely interesting discussions here. People have a tendency of placing a lot of the responsibility of this on eXilition, but it's not just their "bad posters" that were/are on "it". The following reply is from this thread (whether it's serious or not, I find myself not being able to say). It's a brainfart, a useless drivel which contributes nothing, and merely attempts to provoke. I'd call it trolling, and I've personally received warnings for lesser things on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezzar View Post
Damn, Venox, u wud love to run ally like asc, stop talkin sh*ts. Yeah, Denial won, so what?
To summarize, the people who have posted "political" threads of recently have been more and more prone to getting few of these "lol ur a fkin idiot stop being sht you won so what I claim moral high ground bcus I'm not sht liek yuo rae". The irony of this input is the fact that it underlines the point that while Ascendance may have the most literate and elaborate posters of the forum, they also seem to have the dirtiest garbage of the forums. But it's like this for all alliances, not just Ascendance. There are people who are able to post constructive posts and argument their points in a way people understand, and then there are people who simply aren't, but do decide to post even so. Irregardless, this brings me to the subject about trolling.

The moderation of the forums has changed over times. I remember when I'd been called a bloody pissbucket nazi on these forums, and I'd just shrug and keep on, and nobody would take it too serious. Nowadays, in order to get rid of the R-rated on these forums, some moderators have decided to go "bloody pissbucket nazi" mode on some of the forum users. It's very interesting how in-depth the hunting has gone. The more elaborate your insult is, the more likely it's okay. The better you choose the target to your drivel, the more likey it'll just be left there. It's totally random and impossible for users to decipher, and I think the bullet happy moderating of some moderators is seriously playing down the ability to create those flammable threads people like exblade enjoy reading. Because that's what they want of the politics. They want people fuming, people flaming, and people arguing. The hundred and eightieth Round Predictions thread where random people list ten random alliance names in a seemingly random fashion simply doesn't light people up, sorry for those who insist on posting them and to replying to them in a monotonic fashion. So what.

The signed person decided to call a poster a handicapped retard and got warned (to stop acting like it on a threat of a ban). Instead, calling someone a witless moron, a twat, a ****ing moron, and a self-centered bullshit is fine. This was fine due to selection of targets. One person was okay to troll on, another wasn't. I went on to extents of elaborating my claim calling (the person I first called handicapped retard) in several descriptive words I won't repeat here. Ironically, the target of my completely retarded, stupid, childish spew of insults and utter crud (the target of the handicapped retard -claim too) actually posrepped me for this. He was happy I had stirred the shit. The thread were this happened got completely erased, and the enquiry I sent to both the moderator in question and the person in charge of these forums on 7th July still hasn't received a reply. In brief, certain ****witted moderators are making this place an uncomfortable forum to post on - at least from my perspective. This comfortably brings us to the subject Pig commented on, to my surprise. Circle jerking with the reputation.

I would've never guessed an 1up member would actually openly admit to circle jerking with the reputation points in order to gain leverage, since they did fervently deny it on the time it was more acute. This was one of the finishing blows to politics on these forums, and this is also why a lot of alliance high commanders decided to forbid their members from posting. Not only to avoid "leaking information", but namely not to make the alliance look like a bunch of asses. Because whatever you say, to an average viewer the line of green or red blobs under your poster details is of significance. eXilition members generally quickly gained (for good or bad) a good run of these, while 1up members soared. In fact, I'd go into extent of arguing that the amount of propaganda leverage 1up managed to gain through forum circle jerking and arguing gained them ability to affect the game itself through controlling certain members of the game team. While this seems a bit off-topic, it has to do with the fact that this was very lethal to discussing politics and whereabouts on these forums. I might dare say, that this circle jerking should've never been allowed to happen. But there's probably a handful of valid reasons why it was allowed.

All in all, you could easily view 1up as the white knights of the game, with all the drivel about eXilition's style of play (hereby refering to skipping rounds) being damaging to the game itself. Ironically, 1up are equally to blame. While eXilition were succesfully branded as the thugs of the game, 1up would've been the more elaborate side of the coin. This was equally seen in the play style of the alliances in question. 1up had cunning plans, eXilition simply demolished anything on their way. These were the days where I find the forum debate as it was on Alliance Discussions received it's final blows. After that, it's been, as said, some confident and green-blobbed members of the community randomly contesting on who gets to argue down a random poster first.

It's not a very inviting environment for an old seasoned poster, even less a new one. The circle jerking, hostility and the random moderating need to go in order to go in order to even try to re-establish something we've lost.

Over and out, Keizari.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2008, 15:47   #58
HeimdallR

@ tietäjä = professional thread killer
your text is to long and its boring me

Finally retired
Unread 11 Aug 2008, 15:57   #59
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Your answer is short and useless.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2008, 16:40   #60
HeimdallR

Was just responding to yur thread in good fun,
was just helping you prove yur point

Finally retired
Unread 13 Aug 2008, 20:33   #61
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Stop deleting it, man it's not funny at all.