User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 Mar 2015, 12:11   #101
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R61 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
Nooooo, stop telling BB how things actually are, he surely knows better about other tags (especially those he isn't a part of).
Well certainly better than clouds and influence

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 12:38   #102
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nooooo, stop telling BB how things actually are, he surely knows better about other tags (especially those he isn't a part of).
It's ok, BB is just trying to bait someone because he is lonely and needs someone to talk to, i was happy to endulge him last night.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 13:54   #103
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
You could just go look at the history page, and count all the nicks from R51 who isnt in Vikings R52. Id be suprised it 75% of the TGV tag was with Viks the next round
Challenge accepted.

r51 end of round: The Galactic Vikings had 51 planets
r52 end of round: Vikings had 50 planets

Number of planets that were in 'The Galactic Vikings' at the end of round 51 and that were in 'Vikings' at the end of round 52: 27

Number of planets that were in 'The Galactic Vikings' at the end of round 51 and that were not in 'Vikings' at the end of round 52: 13 (11 planets did not play or used a different nickname)

Out of these 13 planets:
  • 1 went to Conspiracy
  • 1 went to FAnG
  • 1 went to Innuendo
  • 3 had no alliance at end of round 52
  • 1 went to Spore
  • 5 went to Ultores
  • 1 went to xVx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
At a quick glance in R52 we took in a maximum of 5 players (an Apprime BG) that had no prior history with TGV at all, the rest had all been TGV members in at least 3 of the rounds TGV played since r41
Number of nicknames that were in Vikings at end of round 52 but were not part of TGV prior to r52: 14 (4 of which appear to be new players)
Number of nicknames that were in Vikings at end of round 52 but were part of TGV for 1 rounds since r41: 5
Number of nicknames that were in Vikings at end of round 52 but were part of TGV for 2 rounds since r41: 9
Number of nicknames that were in Vikings at end of round 52 but were part of TGV for 3 rounds since r41: 12
Number of nicknames that were in Vikings at end of round 52 but were part of TGV for 4+ rounds since r41: 10
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 15:06   #104
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

So Influence is caught lying again?

Unread 24 Mar 2015, 15:16   #105
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can be your friend too

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 17:46   #106
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
lying, or simply miss-remembering 9 rounds ago?
So slightly more than half of members remained as a core, seems reasonable to me. Without a knowledge of what the average turnover between rounds of an alliance actually is it is pretty meaningless... I certainly got the impression that at least a third of P3nguins last round were new to the alliance even without there having been any problems the previous round.

In any event the ups and downs of TGV's member-base dont seem very relevant to me. Even if you are right and there is a cost to being perceived to be the cause of stagnation in the form of losses next round then that is both a hidden and a delayed cost that is weighed against the immediate and much more obvious benefits of allying with the power of the moment.
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 18:11   #107
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
lying, or simply miss-remembering 9 rounds ago?
So slightly more than half of members remained as a core, seems reasonable to me. Without a knowledge of what the average turnover between rounds of an alliance actually is it is pretty meaningless... I certainly got the impression that at least a third of P3nguins last round were new to the alliance even without there having been any problems the previous round.

In any event the ups and downs of TGV's member-base dont seem very relevant to me. Even if you are right and there is a cost to being perceived to be the cause of stagnation in the form of losses next round then that is both a hidden and a delayed cost that is weighed against the immediate and much more obvious benefits of allying with the power of the moment.
Well the discussion was more or less about if stagnating the round would come with a price.
The fact that "Vikings" were thrown out of "TGV" is just a example on how bad attitude to fair play can affect a alliance in the next round of PA.

Unread 24 Mar 2015, 18:29   #108
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well the discussion was more or less about if stagnating the round would come with a price.
The fact that "Vikings" were thrown out of "TGV" is just a example on how bad attitude to fair play can affect a alliance in the next round of PA.
Yes but my point was that the price you demonstrate would have little deterrence effect on the practices you wish to stamp out because the price is delayed, and not at all obvious that it will occur.
Say looking into the future to weigh the possible effects for the ally of this round's conduct upon next round does occur in a dealmaking situation and features prominently in the calculus of whether to do whatever deal is in prospect. Then the deal-maker considering these long term effects would have to think about the opposite possibility whereby an alliance that did not make deals and thus suffered for being on the wrong side of politics might result in an equally serious loss of membership. One could point to p3nguins atm.
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 19:16   #109
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
a) It wasn't due to stagnating the round, it was due to the fact we kicked 9-10 members on the last day, as there was a strong rumour Apprime were gonna kick members in the last tick to make us win. Our HC team felt apprime deserved the round win, and none of us wanted to win through apprime 'sacrificing' theirs, so we decided to kick members until we were below FAnG as we knew Apprime wouldn't sacrifice their win to them. Kargool didn't agree with this, as he felt it was cheating the end rankings. He even approached me multiple times that round on how well we were doing on politics, standing by our agreements.
b) If stagnating came at such a significant price, shouldn't the same price have hampered our ability to recruit members for r52, especially with what was going on with our namechange?

BTW, i am not claiming there is no price to creating a stale political environment, but it's hardly as big as you suggest, especially for r51/52 a whole lot of other internal issues were faced by us, which was what led to our struggles in r53/54. And as Londo suggest, perhaps not seizing the chance we had in r51 would have come at an even bigger price (and with the knowledge of our internal issues, i'm inclined to say it would have)

Last edited by Influence; 24 Mar 2015 at 19:22.
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 19:42   #110
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
BTW, i am not claiming there is no price to creating a stale political environment, but it's hardly as big as you suggest, especially for r51/52 a whole lot of other internal issues were faced by us, which was what led to our struggles in r53/54. And as Londo suggest, perhaps not seizing the chance we had in r51 would have come at an even bigger price (and with the knowledge of our internal issues, i'm inclined to say it would have)
Well with ODDR and the large amount of Apprimes joining in, you couldnt have recruit that many

Unread 24 Mar 2015, 19:44   #111
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

And im sure, it usualy will hamper your chances in future rounds when you keep dicking up rounds for planet ranks/personal favours to other HCs/alliances.
If BF comes in a two way race vs CT or Ult this round, im sure most of the univers will be hoping its not BF winning, atleast i would be helping out the alliance that BF is competing against if it were my choice to make

Unread 24 Mar 2015, 20:43   #112
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Most of the universe? Since when do you represent everyone else? The hate only lays with you BB. I don't see anyone else with as much hate towards a single alliance.

I find your posts quite hypocritical; you whine when BF doesn't play with ambition and that they're "ruining the game", yet IF they do, you want to destroy them.

If you put as much work into your own alliance than you did criticising others, then maybe your own tag would be able to compete for the #1 spot, but you choose to dick around on the forums embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by Clouds; 24 Mar 2015 at 22:20.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 20:48   #113
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

/me starts the slow clap

Thank you BB, you've made my day again.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 21:37   #114
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

I'm also a bit tired of his "I dont want to start a war with BF, nor influence others to do so" then constantly bashes them here saying if it were up to him they would be getting hit.

That logic.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2015, 22:35   #115
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
or simply miss-remembering 9 rounds ago?
What a monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Most of the universe? Since when do you represent everyone else?
This is what he always does: stir shit up, then pretend he speaks for everyone.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2015, 00:02   #116
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

If X or Y, or Z comes into a position where they will have to choose wether to help out BF or just do what BF did to the rest of the univers the last two round, why would they help them out?
If you constantly keep fcking up others with your politics, should you except to get favours in return?
Im not sure.
If it was all down to my opinion, i would surely not be giving them a helping hand if i belive they wouldnt do the same thing back to me

Unread 25 Mar 2015, 00:45   #117
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What a monster!
If he is not remebering things 9 rounds back, perhaps its best to avoid stating stuff that will be proven false

Unread 25 Mar 2015, 01:31   #118
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Well with ODDR and the large amount of Apprimes joining in, you couldnt have recruit that many
Out of the 36 players that finished with ODDR in r51, 8 came to Vikings, That's hardly 'ODDR joining in'. furthermore, of those 8, 3 had played with Vikings in either r46, r49 or r50

After factchecking what i said earlier about the 5 apprime, only 2 players that were apprime at the end of r51, were Vikings at the end of r52. I thought 3 of the people who came from ODDR came from Apprime by mistake, not a big surprise because between r41-r51 i played 4 rounds in other allies where i met some of the new people who played with vikings in r52, which also explains why i thought i knew people from (multiple) rounds in TGV. (for the fact checkers among you, you will only find me in other allies in 3 rounds, as i was an out of tag player the 4th round)

so i guess

Quote:
If he is not remebering things 9 rounds back, perhaps its best to avoid stating stuff that will be proven false
goes for you aswell.

Last edited by Influence; 25 Mar 2015 at 01:41.
Unread 25 Mar 2015, 01:59   #119
Influence
Finally retired

Now, can we get back on the topic of r61 predictions?

I predict there will be quite some switching at the top. I think BF will win, but they will have to play their cards right for that. Question is... can they? 2nd will be whoever BF beats in the end, my guess is Ult. CT will become third with minimal difference to both ult and Faceless, but that will depend how early BF can get to a top position, and how wide their margin is. Faceless will loose out in the end as they will have to choose if they want top gal/planets or a shot at #1 alliance.

rogues will end 5th, with at least 1 of the top 3 planets, and one of their forts as a close contender for #1(losing out in the end to either a BF or Faceless fort).

6th is between p3n, rainbows and ND, while p3n will have 2-5 top 10 planets. Depending on how much contest there is for top 10 planets, they might not take #6. Rainbows will finish just above ND again.

P.S. Ult might become #1, if Clouds is in a tight contest for #1 and sacrifices ally spot for that.

througout the round politics might turn out to be more open than everyone expected before the round.

Unread 25 Mar 2015, 10:07   #120
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

I'm actually expecting more open politics too this round.

We'll see how it goes, there's not that many deals in the uni atm afaik, but it's early. I do keep hearing rumors from various sources tho... time will tell how true they are.

BB: What comes to helping hands... You've surely noticed how we've helped our friends, whoever they've been and whenever they've needed it. Last round we were blocked out of the alliance win race, with 20m score gap between us and ult (at that time) and at worst, 7 alliances hitting us, we had no chance to challenge for the top spot, so we had no reason whatsoever to start hitting Ult, or CT if they'd been in the top at the moment. Until that block started hitting us, we could have had a theoretical chance and might have acted on it, but the block made it impossible. So, rather than us spoiling the race and ****ing up the uni, it was (yet again) the uni ****ing both us and the race. Makes one wonder how much love and trust there can be for the uni when it constantly betrays you...

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
Unread 25 Mar 2015, 13:43   #121
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
I'm actually expecting more open politics too this round.

We'll see how it goes, there's not that many deals in the uni atm afaik, but it's early. I do keep hearing rumors from various sources tho... time will tell how true they are.

BB: What comes to helping hands... You've surely noticed how we've helped our friends, whoever they've been and whenever they've needed it. Last round we were blocked out of the alliance win race, with 20m score gap between us and ult (at that time) and at worst, 7 alliances hitting us, we had no chance to challenge for the top spot, so we had no reason whatsoever to start hitting Ult, or CT if they'd been in the top at the moment. Until that block started hitting us, we could have had a theoretical chance and might have acted on it, but the block made it impossible. So, rather than us spoiling the race and ****ing up the uni, it was (yet again) the uni ****ing both us and the race. Makes one wonder how much love and trust there can be for the uni when it constantly betrays you...
I'm sorry, but you can't really speak of 'the universe betraying you' when they make a fist against you after you have been 'preying' on them for the better part of the round first. That would be like me blaming fang/faceless for vikings not winning r56, when in fact it was our own political stubbornness that made us continuously attack them prior to them FC'ing us to pieces in the late round.

Unread 25 Mar 2015, 14:14   #122
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Surely your not saying now that you were willing to break up the Ult NAP last round, but BowS where holding you back?

Lets be real, you had no incs last round.

Its quite obvious to me you are starting out in the same direction this round, hitting forts of lower tier alliances for what you belive to be easy roids

Unread 25 Mar 2015, 14:24   #123
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lets be real, you had no incs last round.
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=6&round=60

I think the incoming stats tells a different story.

Just sayin'
Unread 25 Mar 2015, 14:32   #124
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Preround deals become bad when they are starting to affect the round in a negative way, stagnation.
If HR/ODDR/BowS/P3nguins/HODOR block together they prolly wont be able to take down BF/CT if they were a block.
Wtf are you talking about, we don't need others to take down CT/BF.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2015, 14:37   #125
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=6&round=60

I think the incoming stats tells a different story.

Just sayin'
Ah, yeah, the 4th most incs, hell for a hustler.
BowS couldnt land much roids on BF, and im sure 200 of those incs where from BowS going solo on BF early on

Unread 26 Mar 2015, 01:44   #126
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If X or Y, or Z comes into a position where they will have to choose wether to help out BF or just do what BF did to the rest of the univers the last two round, why would they help them out?
If you constantly keep fcking up others with your politics, should you except to get favours in return?
Im not sure.
If it was all down to my opinion, i would surely not be giving them a helping hand if i belive they wouldnt do the same thing back to me

In this post Butcher basically says that no matter what Black Flag does, you shouldn't do anything to help them regardless of their history.

With an attitude like that then please tell me, what should Black Flag do in your humble opinion? It's doomed if it just helps another alliance to win and then also doomed if it doesn't as people should just kill them according to you.

I'm intrigued to why you feel another alliance should be punished constantly for previous rounds just because they didn't do the politics you wanted them too?

Did you vote for Spore to hit HR in every end of round survey we did? Sounds like it's more of a vendetta than actual logical political progression.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2015, 01:48   #127
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Influence isn't exactly a fan of mine but I must defend him on this. I can't even remember what round Spore won without looking it up.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 26 Mar 2015, 02:48   #128
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
In this post Butcher basically says that no matter what Black Flag does, you shouldn't do anything to help them regardless of their history.

With an attitude like that then please tell me, what should Black Flag do in your humble opinion? It's doomed if it just helps another alliance to win and then also doomed if it doesn't as people should just kill them according to you.

I'm intrigued to why you feel another alliance should be punished constantly for previous rounds just because they didn't do the politics you wanted them too?

Did you vote for Spore to hit HR in every end of round survey we did? Sounds like it's more of a vendetta than actual logical political progression.
They should start thinking about the game more than their own ranks.
If they have stagnated the univers for 75% of the entire playerbase for two rounds running, are you actualy expecting them to come help you out if you need help?

Its nothing personal, but untill they come out publicly saying that they have changed their ways of play, if it was me running politics of a alliance, i would rather choose the other option if i had to choose between BF and someone else winning.

And to the last question im not sure wich of the countless surveys you are pointing towards.

Unread 26 Mar 2015, 02:49   #129
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
Influence isn't exactly a fan of mine but I must defend him on this. I can't even remember what round Spore won without looking it up.
Well if he dont remeber, he should then say that he could aswell be incorrect, or look it up before posting.

Unread 26 Mar 2015, 03:38   #130
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Well if he dont remeber, he should then say that he could aswell be incorrect, or look it up before posting.
which i did, by saying i only took a quick glance at our memberlist for r52.

Quote:
At a quick glance in R52 we took in a maximum of 5 players (an Apprime BG) that had no prior history with TGV at all, the rest had all been TGV members in at least 3 of the rounds TGV played since r41, while we 'denied' at least 7 in r51 due to reaching the alliance limit.

Unread 26 Mar 2015, 03:43   #131
Clouds

Quote:
Does anyone else appreciate the sheer irony in this? Coming from someone that's incorrect 90% of the time.
Unread 26 Mar 2015, 03:48   #132
Influence
Finally retired

btw butcher, whenever i see your nick it always makes me think of this dutch band and their live performance (NSFW)

P.S. No animals were hurt in the making of this video

Unread 26 Mar 2015, 15:06   #133
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
They should start thinking about the game more than their own ranks.
If they have stagnated the univers for 75% of the entire playerbase for two rounds running, are you actualy expecting them to come help you out if you need help?.
Is that really all BlackFlag's fault though? From what I can tell they weren't entirely to blame for the universe existing as it was. Sure, they had an impact but then your own alliance had a deal with Ultores too (to my fuzzy memory of a round I didn't play or was involved in )

Quote:
Its nothing personal, but untill they come out publicly saying that they have changed their ways of play, if it was me running politics of a alliance, i would rather choose the other option if i had to choose between BF and someone else winning.
So are you saying that if Black Flag say in public they will aim for the #1 spot then you will dispense with your automatic "kill BF" agenda? Colour me intrigued to exactly what you're wanting. If you're just going to look to punish BF regardless of what they do this round then that will help all of us make decisions for the current round.

Quote:
And to the last question im not sure wich of the countless surveys you are pointing towards.
I'll jog your memory. At the end of every round Spore members were given a survey to fill out about rating aspects of Spore. One of the questions each round was to rate each alliance and whether we should be friendly, neutral or hostile to them.

HR naturally always received member pressure to be hostile too, a fact which annoyed various officers to when in the round we won I totally ignored the membership when making deals/talks with HR. We didn't carry over the grudge.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 26 Mar 2015, 18:02   #134
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

If BF said what theyve done in the past is bad for the game, they would atleast have my respect.
Again im not doing politics for BowS, nor am i setting attacks, and BowS only attacks within raid or do retalls.
So unless BF hits BowS its very unlikely they will see much incs from me.

And its no secret ive always been very HR friendly, and that to my memory always encouraged Spore to deals with them

Unread 26 Mar 2015, 18:56   #135
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

So... we shouldn't play for ranks (any ranks, whatsoever), yet we should play for the win... We shouldn't have naps/other deals, but we shouldn't really hit anyone either, or we should only hit ULT/CT/FL (the other full tags this round), no matter what the smaller alliances do (Bows + P3n together make up for 73 members for example and since it was pre-round deal I dunno what to make up of it really). What we have done in the past was having strong allies, I can't see anything wrong with that.

Unread 26 Mar 2015, 19:12   #136
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
So... we shouldn't play for ranks (any ranks, whatsoever), yet we should play for the win... We shouldn't have naps/other deals, but we shouldn't really hit anyone either, or we should only hit ULT/CT/FL (the other full tags this round), no matter what the smaller alliances do (Bows + P3n together make up for 73 members for example and since it was pre-round deal I dunno what to make up of it really). What we have done in the past was having strong allies, I can't see anything wrong with that.
Play for ranks, but dont fck it up for the rest of the univers. Siding with #1 is getting tireing.
If you cripple the poltiics for other alliances also, you are ruining what could be open good rounds.
Its not fun when the winner is decided by politics pt400.

Dont do deals that you have no escape from, cus you could end up painting yourself in a corner.
This is political A-B-C

Unread 27 Mar 2015, 05:02   #137
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

When we did the deals you talk about, we were not #1, nor was the other side of the deals #1... Maybe thanks to those deals we both have ended up in a decent rank... We worked with CT (was #4 when deal was made, we were #5), CT won, we worked with ULT (was rank #5 when deal was made, we were #4), ULT won etc. All our deals have a clause to end them gracefully (or a end date). And during all of those rounds, we've never been the single ally/nap for any tag (not even the longest deal), you just want a scapegoat to point fingers at.

"If you cripple the poltiics for other alliances also, you are ruining what could be open good rounds." ... I can't see how we cripple deals for others by having our own deals with whoever we choose to, unless you'd want deals with the same alliances and would like to cripple the open round yourself. Also, crippling deals for others is also a form of politics...

Who will you blame this round if Black Flag for some odd reason won? The allies we've had deals with during the round? Would they have spoiled the round for you, because they made a deal with us now (when we're #3), by siding with the winner before tick 400?

Unread 27 Mar 2015, 05:50   #138
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
When we did the deals you talk about, we were not #1, nor was the other side of the deals #1... Maybe thanks to those deals we both have ended up in a decent rank... We worked with CT (was #4 when deal was made, we were #5), CT won, we worked with ULT (was rank #5 when deal was made, we were #4), ULT won etc. All our deals have a clause to end them gracefully (or a end date). And during all of those rounds, we've never been the single ally/nap for any tag (not even the longest deal), you just want a scapegoat to point fingers at.

"If you cripple the poltiics for other alliances also, you are ruining what could be open good rounds." ... I can't see how we cripple deals for others by having our own deals with whoever we choose to, unless you'd want deals with the same alliances and would like to cripple the open round yourself. Also, crippling deals for others is also a form of politics...

Who will you blame this round if Black Flag for some odd reason won? The allies we've had deals with during the round? Would they have spoiled the round for you, because they made a deal with us now (when we're #3), by siding with the winner before tick 400?
i'm sorry, that's not good enough, you should disband and all leave the game so BB can win planet and gal and ally

Unread 27 Mar 2015, 05:58   #139
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

He'd still have to beat 1:1.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2015, 06:48   #140
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
He'd still have to beat 1:1.
oomph, that might be hard... those guys defend!

Unread 27 Mar 2015, 11:28   #141
Clouds

I don't think you can criticize us when you napped Ultores yourselves, BB. Hypocrite much?

Last edited by Clouds; 27 Mar 2015 at 12:15.
Unread 27 Mar 2015, 12:23   #142
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

ofc he can, he doesn't do bows politics.

Unread 27 Mar 2015, 17:37   #143
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I don't think you can criticize us when you napped Ultores yourselves, BB. Hypocrite much?
We only had a temporaly NAP with Ultores.
It would probly ran out if BF/Viks hadnt been targetting us.
And we barely made 5th! We didnt fcking NAP out for ranks

Unread 27 Mar 2015, 19:17   #144
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

The sweet taste of salt, so... you couldn't end your nap with some ally because you were targeted by some other allys? ... isn't that just exactly what I said earlier and I was still doing something wrong? We barely made it 2nd too, I'd preferred first anyday. Also, our nap with ult had a 48 cooldown clause to end it at any given tick, so you could call that "temporary" as well.

Unread 1 Apr 2015, 16:59   #145
ChronoX

ChronoX has a spectacular aura aboutChronoX has a spectacular aura about

Why do you people even participate in this thread?

It's the same whining every round, just ignore Bitcher.
Unread 1 Apr 2015, 17:52   #146
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoX View Post
Why do you people even participate in this thread?

It's the same whining every round, just ignore Bitcher.
Someone's got to keep the forums alive .

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2015, 20:31   #147
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

lmao BB wants everyone to do what he wants to do and not spoil his own game... got news for you kid

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2015, 21:05   #148
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

My prediction for Round 61 is that The Spider Colony will neither stagnate the universe, nor block against any one alliance, in an attempt to maintain a more open and attackable universe. They will also end attempt to beat all other 1 player alliances.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2015, 17:56   #149
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Play for ranks, but dont fck it up for the rest of the univers. Siding with #1 is getting tireing.
If you cripple the poltiics for other alliances also, you are ruining what could be open good rounds.
Its not fun when the winner is decided by politics pt400.

Dont do deals that you have no escape from, cus you could end up painting yourself in a corner.
This is political A-B-C
Glad to see not much has changed

One thing to remember our allies typically weren't number 1 when we made arrangements ... but we do support our allies and they do tend to end up in a better position being our ally ...
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2015, 21:45   #150
Xerxes

Xerxes is on a distinguished road

With excactly 24 ticks left of this round, I'm predicting that either Ultores, CT, Faceless or BF will win the round.

BF is a stretch tho, depends on if they have hidden score out of tag.