User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Jul 2006, 13:55   #1
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society
Complaint advice needed.

Last night at 17.00 I set off from my girlfriends house in Lincoln for my place in Birmingham, my train was due to set off at 18.00 getting me into Nottingham for 19.22 ready for the 20.08 which was to arrive in Birmingham at 21.27. There was a slight delay due to the driver attaching another train to the existing 2 carriages so at approx 18.20 we were on our way. Slowly.

We crawled for a few stops not breaking the 20mph barrier then at about the 3rd station we stopped for about 20 minutes and this was due to the breaks being stuck on and hampering our progress. After a while the driver and his assistant had finished buggering about and got ready to set off again, we were informed over the tannoy that the problem was now sorted and they are sorry for the delay. We set off again but the train seemed just as slow, I wondered if the other train which appeared to have no power being dragged by our old cattle transporter could have something to do with our lack of progress but we were again assured we had a brake problem and our safety was important.

We arrived at Newark Northgate after an hour this should only have taken us 20 minutes so I knew I could be in for a long night, we stopped here for quite a while the driver larked about with the station staff and after 20 minutes were instructed to move into the new train we had been towing since we had set off and once in there we waited another 10 minutes before they decided it might be a good idea to continue our journey.

It was now approaching 20.00 and I knew any chance of making the original connection had been lost so I called my girlfriend and asked her to look up the later trains from Nottingham to Birmingham and she told me there was a later train I stood a good chance of being able to catch but I would have to change at Derby. The new train we were on seemed to go along at normal speed (Why couldn't they have just used this train in the first place?) and I made it to Nottingham at approximately 20.40 where I was told the train I wanted was cancelled and I would have to go and wait outside the station for a bus at 21.41, another Hour!

I went outside to where I had been told I should wait and there was nothing around to indicate a temporary bus stop so I waited around, went in and out of the station and finally asked at the front desk where I should be waiting, I told the girl at the desk my situation and she said "well it is an hour away!" in the same manner as when you would when you start a sentence with 'duhh', so I waited in the station and there was a station announcement of a train to Derby and all Birmingham passengers should get this service so I did and made a change at Derby and got into Birmingham New Street at around 23.10. I would normally get the bus home from New Street but it was pretty late, I wasn't sure if they were still running and I just wanted to get home so I got a black cab which cost me an extra £15 I could have done without spending.

Summary for the tl;dr brigade: What should have been a 3½ hour train journey home last night ended up taking 5 hours making my total journey time 6½ hours and I'm pissed off.

Now, I'm notoriously shit at complaining and allow myself to be fobbed off far too easily even when I know it is going to happen but this really pissed me off, I have been given a feedback form for Central Trains but I'm not sure this would get taken seriously.

So, as far as I can see my option are:

A, Send back the feedback form to Central Trains.
B, Try to construct a letter of complaint to a higher power (National Rail?)
C, Make a phone call complaining but try to keep my cool and not forget all the specifics.
D, Get over it man.

Another thing, why are Central Trains the only train operator to cater for the journey between Birmingham and Lincoln? I have made the journey to and from Lincoln every week for just over 2 years and I seriously can't believe how poor their service is! I wouldn't normally travel with them on a Sunday because I know how bad they are during the week but last night I had no choice, just like I have no choice over what train operator I use.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:00   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Complaint advice needed.

Its British Public Transport, be thankful you had a train to sit on.

The trains from Birmingham New Street to Aberystwyth get cancelled often in the evenings and people have to take coachs from BNST to Aber via all the stops which add an extra hour usually [with going to all the stops etc].

Next time take a laptop / MP3 player
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:03   #3
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Fortunately I had a couple of books. I suppose I'm just angry and need to vent. I am taking driving lessons so it will not be my problem soon enough (hopefully).
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:06   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Fortunately I had a couple of books. I suppose I'm just angry and need to vent. I am taking driving lessons so it will not be my problem soon enough (hopefully).
Then you'll have the joys of the M42 and/or the M6.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:19   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Blow up a train or two.

It's what they would do in Palestine!
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:26   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hope you asked the taxi driver for a receipt.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:28   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The M42/M6 merge round Birmingham is one of the most dangerous stretches of motorway in the country. Oh and there are speed cameras everywhere, literally on every second gantry, because it's such a dangerous place.

At one point the carraigeway (that's just your side, not the whole width) is 7 lanes wide with merges going on in the middle. Whoever designed it should be shot. I hope you're a confident driver when you pass, and god forbid you get in the wrong lane.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:30   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I drove up and down the M42/M6 quite often last summer and cant remember it being that dangerous, i guess the fact i tended to be going at 10mph helped.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:48   #9
PSH
Registered Abuser

No receipt. So I doubt I would get that back. I have emailed a modified version of events I previously posted to National Rail and have received an automated response.

I'm pretty confident in a car, I've had about 12 lessons so far and can't see what all the fuss is about. I would have started earlier if I wasn't drinking so often and worried about the cost off keeping a car on the road.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 14:50   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
So, as far as I can see my option are:

A, Send back the feedback form to Central Trains.
B, Try to construct a letter of complaint to a higher power (National Rail?)
C, Make a phone call complaining but try to keep my cool and not forget all the specifics.
D, Get over it man.

Another thing, why are Central Trains the only train operator to cater for the journey between Birmingham and Lincoln? I have made the journey to and from Lincoln every week for just over 2 years and I seriously can't believe how poor their service is! I wouldn't normally travel with them on a Sunday because I know how bad they are during the week but last night I had no choice, just like I have no choice over what train operator I use.
I'd write to central trains, as they are the people you want your money back from.

Having used to put up with them (Leicester to Birmingham/Nottingham), Central trains have an impossibly large network (Stansted to Liverpool ffs) to run and thus are fantastically shit at providing any kind of service and their trains are near always dirty/late, especially at peak times. As they are generally local trains they are also probably playing second fiddle to the express trains going down to London. Having done a quick skim on BBC there is going to be a shakeup but not until late 2007

Here in the south we have an excellent service.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 15:04   #11
PSH
Registered Abuser

Cheers Lok, I think I'll wait to see what National Rail have to say and take it from there. It's not really the money that bothers me, it's the fact that they are allowed to provide such a poor service and there is not much anyone can do about it as there is no alternative.

I spoke to a random woman at the station last night and she said the problems are due to train drivers not wanting to work on a Sunday which is understandable from a staff point of view but if Central trains aren't prepared to pay them enough (time and a half? double pay?) for staff to work on a Sunday then they should not be able to advertise the service on timetables and the internet.

Maybe that is why we had to drag the train yesterday which caused us to be delayed, there was no problem with the brakes but they didn't have the staff to get it to Newark ready for the morning or maybe I'm just getting carried away.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 15:13   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
I'm pretty confident in a car, I've had about 12 lessons so far and can't see what all the fuss is about. I would have started earlier if I wasn't drinking so often and worried about the cost off keeping a car on the road.
The problem isn't you as a driver. It's all the idiots who are also on the road.
swerving lanes, braking suddenly, tailgating, blind overtaking etc

Saying that, I nearly crashed head-on into a merc whilst we were both going about 60mph on Snake pass a couple of weeks ago whilst I was trying to overtake a lorry.
Nasty shreek of brakes and I nearly swerved into the side of the lorry

One moment of madness is all it takes.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 15:32   #13
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

some of the roads just outside central birmingham were designed by people who've never driven a car, especially when you go in the tunnels, emerge then have two lanes of traffic merging into one without anyone having a right of way. You also have only 100m or so to swap lanes between some tunnels so you **** up traffic behind you as you try to make someone **** up the traffic on their side. Luckily my champion standing in pod as a teenager makes me able to cope.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 15:41   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i've had 4 lessons and i'm pretty rubbish, but like Ste says it's the fact you have to watch for all the idiots with their foot down
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 15:59   #15
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The other thing you don't realise when you're learning is how much concentration it takes to navigate for yourself, and to be on the motorway. When it's not busy it's fine, but if you're in the middle lane in a busy period you're constantly tracking 8 other vehicles (3 in front, 2 to the sides, 3 behind) and looking for signs for where you need to be if you're driving on your own. Even simple things like a sliproad off the motorway can cause moments of confusion because if you don't spot a vehicle to your left moving off the motorway, it's suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth when you next look back, which then means you have to go through checking your blindspots etc to make sure it has in fact gone and isn't doing something stupid.

I'm not trying to put you off, I'm just saying that many new drivers think the motorway is a pisstake (lol all i have to do is floor it, how hard can it be?) when quite often it isn't. It's very often 55 minutes of utter tedium with 5 minutes of madness and stress mixed in when you suddenly get to a merge (ie. M42/M6), have to deal with more lanes than normal, and all the cars you were tracking are now moving off and new ones are joining and on top of that you need to make sure you're safe to move lanes too.

It can be a big shock when you're used to being spoonfed directions and being given warnings of whats coming up in advance. Suddenly that isn't happening anymore, and I'd say navigating yourself takes just as much concentration as driving does.

I would honestly recommend you take a couple of additional lessons on the motorway once you've passed.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 16:03   #16
PSH
Registered Abuser

I was thinking of doing the Pass Plus after I pass my test anyway to try and get the insurance down, it has motorway and night driving modules.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 16:05   #17
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Fair enough, it's well worth it.
99% of the time motorways are nothing special. You just have to keep alert for that 1% of the time when it all goes nuts. As ste pointed out, even if it's not your fault, it only takes a momentary lapse for something nasty to happen, as I know well.

A couple of years ago I was driving down the M5 to Devon, we came over a ridge on the motorway to find stationary traffic with very little warning, I hit the breaks and the car behind me didn't (well not in time anyway). Suffice it to say there was a bit of a mess.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 18:07   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

I'm deffo doing pass plus when I get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megla
A couple of years ago I was driving down the M5 to Devon, we came over a ridge on the motorway to find stationary traffic with very little warning, I hit the breaks and the car behind me didn't (well not in time anyway). Suffice it to say there was a bit of a mess.
This nearly happened to me the other day on my 2nd lesson when I came over a ridge on a narrow country road only to discover a bike and a car coming towards me pegging it at 60, fortunately nothing happened.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 18:30   #19
Ste
Bored

I never did pass plus.

I found that the amount of money it saved me on the insurance was less than the cost of doing it.

Unread 17 Jul 2006, 18:37   #20
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I never did pass plus.

I found that the amount of money it saved me on the insurance was less than the cost of doing it.
That and the effort.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 19:57   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally I'm doing Pass Plus once I finish university - my old instructor will quickly get rid of any bad habits I picked up in the 4 years after passing my test.

Oh and PSH - each train network should have forms for you to apply for a refund/compensation. Certainly 'One' hands out the leaflets when you get off the train if it's been seriously delayed.
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 09:51   #22
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I did pass plus straight after i'd passed. It saved me a small amount of money on insurance but not that much. It certainly gives you a lot of good experience for a new driver though. I did a 2 hour lesson on motorways, which round my area took me on about 4 different motorways so i got lots of practice there. We didnt bother with the night driving because i'd learnt during the winter so had already done a lot of night driving. I did country lanes in one lesson and i cant remember what the other one was.

I'm not so sure it would be much use 4 years after passing unless you havent been driving much as you should be used to motorway driving etc.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:01   #23
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
The new train we were on seemed to go along at normal speed (Why couldn't they have just used this train in the first place?) and I made it to Nottingham at approximately 20.40 where I was told the train I wanted was cancelled and I would have to go and wait outside the station for a bus at 21.41, another Hour!

I went outside to where I had been told I should wait and there was nothing around to indicate a temporary bus stop so I waited around, went in and out of the station and finally asked at the front desk where I should be waiting, I told the girl at the desk my situation and she said "well it is an hour away!" in the same manner as when you would when you start a sentence with 'duhh', .
I can't really help much with the complaint, I've sort of got so used to shit service that I can't be bothered complaining as I doubt anything would happen. However, never get these connecting buses. Every single time I have had one they have dropped me off in some god forsaken place I don't know and managed to miss the train that they were sent to transport you to. I've been stuck on stations for hours waiting for the next bloody train to show up.

Another amusing time was when the train driver must have thought **** it so drove straight through my station. Seeing the announcement board say the train was at the platform as I watched it disappear into the distance was extremely funny.

Last edited by midge5; 19 Jul 2006 at 22:43.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:05   #24
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Another amusing time was when the driver must have thought **** it so drove straight through my station. seeing the announcement board say the train was at the platform as I watched it disappear into the distance was extremely funny.
you weren't brave enough to ask him to stop were you.
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:18   #25
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
you weren't brave enough to ask him to stop were you.
When was the last time you got a train?

Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:25   #26
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
I can't really help much with the complaint, I've sort of got so used to shit service that I can't be bothered complaining as I doubt anything would happen. However, never get these connecting buses. Every single time I have had one they have dropped me off in some god forsaken place I don't know and managed to miss the train that they were sent to transport you to. I've been stuck on stations for hours waiting for the next bloody train to show up.

Another amusing time was when the driver must have thought **** it so drove straight through my station
. seeing the announcement board say the train was at the platform as I watched it disappear into the distance was extremely funny.
I can't be blamed if he didn't mean what he typed
Unread 19 Jul 2006, 22:41   #27
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Oops. The second story was meant to be a seperate story of how shit the trains can be. I was on a train station when it went through, nowt to do with the buses.

I also just remembered, be careful who you do your pass plus with as my insurance company wouldn't give me any discount as I had done it with a normal instructor rather than certain organisations.