User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 11:17   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Can Newcastle REALLY win the premiership?

Quote:
P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Arsenal 28 18 6 4 62 30 32 60
2 Man Utd 28 16 7 5 45 26 19 55
3 Newcastle 28 17 4 7 47 33 14 55
4 Everton 29 14 7 8 38 34 4 49
(Pre Arsenal-Charlton Table)

Can you really see newcastle winning the premiership?
Im personally starting to believe it. Bellamy and shearer are the best strike partnership in the premiership. Given is one of the best keepers in the premiership (certainly the best in the current top 4). Their supposedly "shaky" defence is by no means worse than Man Utd's. Speed is one of the most underrated solid players in the premiership. Dyer is the premierships form player atm (although he was taken off with an injury against chelsea, can anyone confirm this?). Viana is back from injury and has looked superb - two assists in two games, no? To be honest he looks to have the killer touch to link the midfield and attack that Scholes is missing at the moment. Remember this is all without jenas as well, who was in great form before his injury.

I think also, Newcastle have had drastically less luck than the other top teams this season. Less luck than Arsenal at any rate, who have left me banging my head off my desk as a result of their constant fortune. I think all neutrals want to see Newcastle win the premiership now their teams are out of contention. It would really wipe the smug grins off ****y Wenger and ****y Ferguson's faces.

Thoughts?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 11:39   #2
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Not this season. They're all still learning and Arsenal are still too good.

But it will be interesting to see how teams approach them next season now they're recognised as one of the top 3 squads in the league.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 11:48   #3
Shakky
Divine

Shakky is an unknown quantity at this point
NO

Gooners for the treble

Nosferatu
Silver
Elysium
RaH
Eclipse
Shakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 12:47   #4
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
I've supported Newcastle since I was 11! And that was when they were in the title race and lost to Man Utd. After that they became crap, and now they're good again. So they'll lose and get crap again. I don't think they will, but I do hope they come second above Man bloody U
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:07   #5
Dreadnought!

THAT WOULD NOT BE FUNNY

SUNDERLAND REGULATED AND NEWCASTLE WINNERS

tho tbh

Sir Bob > *
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:09   #6
Recon
Notice Me!!! Notice Me!!!

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!

SUNDERLAND REGULATED
yep
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:13   #7
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Recon
yep
stfu nobber
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:26   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
sunderland deserve to go down for having the most pathetic forward line ive ever seen. Flo was **** at rangers, and hes **** for you. Kyle is ****, and yet gets a game for scotland because vogts is an ass. Phillips has been surviving on past glories for 2 seasons at least. And yet he still complains "give me service or ill leave, honest".

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:38   #9
Recon

Recon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to allRecon is a name known to all
Quote:
stfu nobber
yes, clearly i'm the one who is a nobber

keep trying fatty
He isn't what I would call a menace but he is like a child trapped in a fat child with cerebal palsy's body which is wrapped in denim.He seemed to always bitch at everything that ever happened ever even if it was a post that read "SUNDAY8PM IS THE KING OF THE SOCIAL SCENE!" he would still bitch about it. Oh and it's a well known fact that if you mash Sunday8pm's face into a keyboard, the words "More Hula Hoops Please" will mysteriously appear on screen every time.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:44   #10
Booge8
above you

Booge8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Recon
yes, clearly i'm the one who is a nobber

keep trying fatty
The english public should have payed for kevin phillips to move to a good team 2 years ago and we would currently have a world class striker. As for Newcastle, they cant win it but they surely have to be everyone's favourite (bar manure and gooner fans of course)
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 13:47   #11
Recon

Quote:
Originally posted by Booge8
The english public should have payed for kevin phillips to move to a good team 2 years ago and we would currently have a world class striker. As for Newcastle, they cant win it but they surely have to be everyone's favourite (bar manure and gooner fans of course)
yep...and??

don't see the link between your post and the quoting of my previous post
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 14:10   #12
Gitchin

Gitchin is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no reason why Newcastle cant finish second this season, Man U are more likley to drop points then Newcastle are and Man U have to come to Newcastle to play. Woodgate comming into the match has made all the other defenders thrive on the added pressure, and Woodgate is amazing anyway. Speed keeps the ball in the oponents half. Dyer is still suffering from shin splints a bit, thats probably only because of the ammount of running he does though. Next season we have got a much better chance of winning the premiership. The players are more experienced and generally better. The Champions league has helped us alot and Bobby Robson isnt a nob head like Fergie and Wenger
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 15:00   #13
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
(Original Question - No)

Quote:
Originally posted by Gitchin
..... Dyer is still suffering from shin splints a bit, thats probably only because of the ammount of running he does though.
You can expoect Dyer to be injured at least once every 3 months, and have a serious injury every other year. He's a great lad, but extremely injury prone. I was surprised when he passed the physical at Newcastle tbh.

BTW, if you want to buy Ambrose and Bent, you wont get them for less than £4 million a piece. If you buy them, you win the premiership tbh. Bent is a multitude of times better than Lomana Tresor Lua Lua, and Ambrose is a lot better than Dyer was at his age.

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 15:04   #14
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Can Newcastle REALLY win the premiership?

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
<snip>
Use the code tags muppet.

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 15:35   #15
Gitchin

Gitchin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MT
(Original Question - No)

You can expoect Dyer to be injured at least once every 3 months, and have a serious injury every other year. He's a great lad, but extremely injury prone. I was surprised when he passed the physical at Newcastle tbh.

BTW, if you want to buy Ambrose and Bent, you wont get them for less than £4 million a piece. If you buy them, you win the premiership tbh. Bent is a multitude of times better than Lomana Tresor Lua Lua, and Ambrose is a lot better than Dyer was at his age.
Jenas is better then Dyer was at his age, and dont forget Ameobi is amazing too. Hes improving all the time!
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 16:33   #16
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Arsenal are just too good
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 19:34   #17
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
although im an Arsenal fan, i dont think that newcastle can do it for the next couple of seasons, i do however think they can trash man utd into third place.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 20:11   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
I've supported Newcastle since I was 11! ......I do hope they come second above Man bloody U
That confused the hell out of me

I dont think Newcastle will win, but it would be nice to see them do it. They are one of my favourite teams to watch and i've always respected Bobby Robson as a manager. Imo the one thing stopping Newcastle all the way is their strength in depth, with a full strength 11 they are as god as anyone, but if they pick up a few injuries the strength of the team drops.

Maybe if they had had a better start to the season they would be up on level points with Arsenal at this point, and then who knows what might have happened.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:46   #19
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
YES THEY CAN FS

(at least i hope they do)
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 21:47   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Not a chance
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:00   #21
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Newcastles team is vastly over-rated, and I cant see them doing it.

Anybody who rates Gary Speed or Keiron Dyer is a fag. Keiron Dier (describes him well no?) is so over rated, it makes me cry. And Speed is a solid midfielder, but hes not top half of the table class in my opinion.

The way arsenal have been playing, we deserve it. Ok, at times we have been lucky, but we've also been damn unlucky at times also, Liverpool grabbing two **** goals and pulling it back, Newcastle somehow pulling a draw out of us, etc.

When it comes down to class, Arsenal and Man Utd are the two to watch out for, Uniteds squad is still the strongest of any team in the country. But Arsenal are playing the most attractive and exciting football in the country this season, they should already have had it sown up, and probably would have if they had a decent striker to play up with Henry.
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:13   #22
PureviL
robdash!

PureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to behold
Wiltord, Bergkamp and Kanu are not decent strikers?

Many team would kill for one of them
It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the 80s, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
PureviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:23   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids

Anybody who rates Gary Speed or Keiron Dyer is a fag. Keiron Dier (describes him well no?) is so over rated, it makes me cry. And Speed is a solid midfielder, but hes not top half of the table class in my opinion.

The way arsenal have been playing, we deserve it. Ok, at times we have been lucky, but we've also been damn unlucky at times also, Liverpool grabbing two **** goals and pulling it back, Newcastle somehow pulling a draw out of us, etc.

When it comes down to class, Arsenal and Man Utd are the two to watch out for, Uniteds squad is still the strongest of any team in the country. But Arsenal are playing the most attractive and exciting football in the country this season, they should already have had it sown up, and probably would have if they had a decent striker to play up with Henry.
heh, arsenal claiming to be unlucky in the liverpool games is pure comedy. Dying swan jeffers, ashley 'sniped' cole, the list goes on.

Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:34   #24
Radium-^
Professional Troll

Radium-^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
THAT WOULD NOT BE FUNNY

SUNDERLAND REGULATED AND NEWCASTLE WINNERS

tho tbh

Sir Bob > *
Would make my day to see Newcastle be the ones to make survival impossible and religate Sunderland when we play you away soon
On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.
Radium-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2003, 22:47   #25
Radium-^
Professional Troll

Radium-^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Newcastle is not vastly over-rated at all. Bobby is building for the future, not this season, but maybe next. I see him at least managing Newcastle for another 1-5 seasons at least and its the young talent hes bringing in that will help secure Newcastles future. Unlike Arsenal who always do the quick fix of lets buy another French or Dutch player, Newcastle is actually helping English football buy bringing in and using home grown talent.

Quote:
Gary Speed has had a rough patch, but in all he is a solid midfielder, he may not be the most technically gifted, or fastest alive, but he is good. Actions speak louder than words, and he certainly performs good while under Bobby. Kieron Dyer is certainly not over rated. He is a world class player, you are just blinded and naive that you can't see that. His work rate, vision and runs are second to none, as is his twin Jermaine Jenus.

Quote:
Newcaslte deserved that draw and more in my opinion.

Quote:
Arsenal at the moment are not something to be scared of in the long run. Your squad may be strong, but its all pre-made transfers, you have very little young players with maybe the exception of Ashely Cole and Jeffers (****e player).

Newcastle are the brightest of the bunch, with 55k fans packing St. James every week you'll soon be cursing us more often.

Also Shearer > Henry. Hes still the best overall stricker by far playing in this league.
On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.
Radium-^ is offline   Reply With Quote