User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 12:30   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
">net send" comedy moment...

Never underestimate "net send" under Win2K/NT/Etc...

I sent the guy behind me... ">net send jasper2000 "Tell you what, I wish that pleb would get lost"

And we started spamming each other then

But then he made a mistake in the syntax, and sent about 30 identical messages to me saying "Hahahahahaha!" each about 1 sec apart.

Then my boss comes in... "Jasper, what ARE you doing?"

Turns out he'd got the syntax wrong, and sent 30 messages to about 850 people!!!

About 40 people have called so far to find out what's going on!

NICE

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 12:33   #2
Karmulian

lol i done that before and sent it to the whoel domain ( 4500 users)

one time, the guy was talkking about a brd he shagged and sent it from a WTS environment.. it went To ALL the domains ( 15,000)

the other favourite is,, when you are talking about someone.. u accidentally type their username in . then u slagg them off to their face.... done that many times :/

PS - mong read ur pm's on forums
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 12:34   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
net send lccs* i can smell your brains

you suddenly see everyone in the computer centre at uni look around
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 12:40   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
net send * HAHAHAH

got my m8 banned from the network for a week.
i always idd that on computers already logged in under someone else

thats after giving myself full access to their home drive to increase my space
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 15:22   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Muhaha harassing poor bewildered buisness students with it is great fun when your really bored.
It also shows up all the IT ppl who know fk all bout PC's too...

Im currently screwing with some random second year in front of me in this lab.
He's getting kinda worried

Heheh
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 15:49   #6
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
someone briefly explain net send, ie. how i would send a message to everyone in the computer cluster etc.

i havent risked anything other sending test messages to 127.0.0.1 to check it works, and i dont want to message the entire internet by accident.
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 16:05   #7
Demon1411

At summer, while at work, my friend was transferring some MP3:s, so I sent a message to him saying "Your unacceptable netword behaviour has been informed to your line manager. -Tech support."

Had some laughs seeing him sweat...
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:07   #8
Miserableman
Not a Cow

Miserableman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Taratang
someone briefly explain net send, ie. how i would send a message to everyone in the computer cluster etc.

i havent risked anything other sending test messages to 127.0.0.1 to check it works, and i dont want to message the entire internet by accident.
net send computername message

Substitute ip_address or just * for computername, * broadcasting it of course.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:19   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Miserableman

net send computername message

Substitute ip_address or just * for computername, * broadcasting it of course.
what he said!
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:24   #10
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
but who would it go to if i used *? the room, the cluster, the whole uni campus?
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:27   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
where do you use this net send thing?
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:35   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
where do you use this net send thing?
in a command window...
Only on non-9x windows systems tho (so: WinNT, Win2K, WinXP)