User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 26 Mar 2014, 14:00   #101
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Galaxy Exiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
After Dav isn't there now a countermeasure against this?
well what you suggested would circumnavigate what was implimented
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 14:18   #102
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
well what you suggested would circumnavigate what was implimented
Planets could be classified to filter the ones that just sign up from the ones that could try to exploit the system. A formula that gives points based on number of actions(cov ops for example), constructions, roids, researchs and tiers of researchs) could make one go directly to playing universe or be stuck in c200. Gals shouldn't need to spend their exile shots on 0 roids dead planets or be stuck with them for so many ticks
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:02   #103
Dav

Dav will become famous soon enoughDav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Gals shouldn't need to spend their exile shots on 0 roids dead planets or be stuck with them for so many ticks
Nothing wrong with 0 roid planets! Just because it's not the way you like or want to play, each player is entitled to play their planet in anyway they seem fit, albeit the "right or wrong" way on the PA communities views.

It does however make it a "fun" way to ruin some gals.... signup, idle for 200 ticks, ruining the Gals chance of a decent exile that actually cares and wants to play, by landing in those crucial first 200-250 ticks of a round. (Based on them already having exiled 2 nubs).

In a way... this "fix" has made things a little worse for the galaxies and players that "care". Thumbs up to the PA Team for this little bit of genius....

Don't shoot me down... Just sayin' !
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:15   #104
Dav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Take a look at the other gal (Shaz's one) and its the same 10 people every round. They use the 30 min tactic. Both are successful in achieving the goal
LMFAO - funniest thing I have EVER heard... wtf is the "30 min" tactic lol?! It's completely random you turd lol!
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:17   #105
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
LMFAO - funniest thing I have EVER heard... wtf is the "30 min" tactic lol?! It's completely random you turd lol!
If there's a 30 min tactic then we've been missing out pal
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:18   #106
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

I'm still laughing at Benneh's galaxy.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:19   #107
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
Nothing wrong with 0 roid planets! Just because it's not the way you like or want to play, each player is entitled to play their planet in anyway they seem fit, albeit the "right or wrong" way on the PA communities views.

It does however make it a "fun" way to ruin some gals.... signup, idle for 200 ticks, ruining the Gals chance of a decent exile that actually cares and wants to play, by landing in those crucial first 200-250 ticks of a round. (Based on them already having exiled 2 nubs).

In a way... this "fix" has made things a little worse for the galaxies and players that "care". Thumbs up to the PA Team for this little bit of genius....

Don't shoot me down... Just sayin' !
I disagree, the gal I was in this round has a bp with less than 30 roids just for them to give me a gal channel Called #realfake and had the following Ops

Benneh
Hasu
MQ
Eksero
Shaz
Sleepless
Slikkah
Theodd

The BP planets have been removed from the game.
8 op in a 7 man gal didn't add up
For tactical reasons I literally exile out of the gal the first 10 seconds of pt 24.
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:21   #108
Dav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I disagree, the gal I was in this round has a bp with less than 30 roids just for them to give me a gal channel Called #realfake and had the following Ops

Benneh
Hasu
MQ
Eksero
Shaz
Sleepless
Slikkah
Theodd

For tactical reasons I literally exile out of the gal the first 10 seconds of pt 24.

Hey man! That's the same channel I'm in! I don't see you there
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:24   #109
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley

Benneh
Hasu
MQ
Eksero
Shaz
Sleepless
Slikkah
Theodd

The bp planets have been removed from the game??

What tactical reasons could that possibly have been
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:33   #110
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
The bp planets have been removed from the game??
They aren't in any gal including c200 the search function for the sandmans clone came up as negetive. I guess that MHs removed them or self delete.

Too early for co-ords, I got two ingame mails from the ruler names of planets (which I used for the search)

Quote:
What tactical reasons could that possibly have been
Getting inc at pt25 just for being in a crap galaxy so I exiled.
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:39   #111
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
They aren't in any gal including c200 the search function for the sandmans clone came up as negetive. I guess that MHs removed them or self delete.

Too early for co-ords, I got two ingame mails from the ruler names of planets (which I used for the search)

Why would we be removed or delete? Cos we chose a different strategy than you did?
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:41   #112
Dav

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley View Post
they aren't in any gal including c200 the search function for the sandmans clone came up as negetive. I guess that mhs removed them or self delete.

Too early for co-ords, i got two ingame mails from the ruler names of planets (which i used for the search)
lrn2search
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:45   #113
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
lrn2search
shut up Dav.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:45   #114
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Why would we be removed or delete? Cos we chose a different strategy than you did?
To quote sherlock homes
Quote:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
The planets no longer exist, draw your own conclusions.

I found a pro gal in 4 exiles so im happy.
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:48   #115
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:

Benneh
Hasu
MQ
Eksero
Shaz
Sleepless
Slikkah
Theodd
if you add Dav to that list you get the 'worst galaxy ever' award.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]

Last edited by Reincarnate; 26 Mar 2014 at 15:49. Reason: typo
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 15:52   #116
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
To quote sherlock homes

The planets no longer exist, draw your own conclusions.

I found a pro gal in 4 exiles so im happy.
Oh but the planets still do exist, so you're wrong
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 16:03   #117
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Then you will have no problems providing the co-ords for teh following Ruler names.

SWEET TASTE
SHORT TERM EFFECTS
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 16:13   #118
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Then you will have no problems providing the co-ords for teh following Ruler names.

SWEET TASTE
SHORT TERM EFFECTS
You sure you searched for them? They came up straight away when I just tried
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 16:23   #119
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

SWEET TASTE
SHORT TERM EFFECTS
Putting the ruler names in the planet name box on the search maybe? Bit embarrassing when you're getting all bombastic.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2014, 16:47   #120
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
There is no limit to the number of people you can have in a channel. Here's your mistake:
Quote:
gal channel
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2014, 17:04   #121
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

How about; self exile takes 6ticks, the actually exile is tick 2,3,4 or 5.
Cant login during the process, makes exiling for a specific gal close to impossible, and you have 6ticks you "loose income/res/con.
But please let gals exile more often, atleast 1 exile per 48h.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2014, 16:15   #122
Ghostwkd

Ghostwkd is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies for revival...

Can anyone explain how allocation of planets works once they exile – i.e. how is it determined where they end up. Searched and looked in the manual and can’t find anything on it.

My gal has been down to 4 people since tick 263, can see there have been ~30-35 exiles in the meantime but not one has dropped into my gal.
Ghostwkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2014, 19:07   #123
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

If people wanna play together, let them but charge for it,
all planets in a private galaxy must be paid accounts and also an additional charge for using private galaxy option.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2014, 20:42   #124
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
all planets in a private galaxy must be paid accounts and also an additional charge for using private galaxy option.
As long as I'm exempt from this rule, I approve.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2014, 17:54   #125
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

well, at least we can officially state that if the sole reason for this change was to stop the superBP gals from happening it failed. Meanwhile i have noticed very little change in the perspective of the average player towards 'idle' planets in their gals. So i think the only thing we managed to change was the amount of frustration about the idle planets. As that must have at least doubled.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2014, 01:02   #126
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

yeah there is a number of players who don't play unless they're in what they consider a good gal
Unread 28 Apr 2014, 10:13   #127
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Did the modification make a difference at all? It seems it just made things harder for average gals with no luck after shuffle as those gals still there at the top . Imo unless something against fencing and leeching is hardcoded which is probably impossible, gal ranking will always be the same.
Unread 28 Apr 2014, 19:13   #128
Reincarnate
ToF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
people would use exiles to avoid these costs.

Unread 28 Apr 2014, 19:39   #129
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
people would use exiles to avoid these costs.

Remove exiles for good, as suggested more than once on various suggestion threads.

Instead shuffle randoms into established galaxies (bp 4+1) as an automated feature to keep numbers fixed in Each gal, say every 72 tricks. as done atm at pt 12

The number could be 10 with the current playerbase, that Would net 70 Odd galaxies, potentially active ones, istead of the 120 we Got Now, 40 of Them being dead, or close to.

Put in private Galaxy option of 8 planets, With 8 as the maximum number for the entire round. Thus giving priv gals the handicap of not being able to reach 10 planets.

Levelling the competition for 1st ranked gal.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2014, 19:50   #130
Killeah
Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwkd View Post
Apologies for revival...

Can anyone explain how allocation of planets works once they exile – i.e. how is it determined where they end up. Searched and looked in the manual and can’t find anything on it.

My gal has been down to 4 people since tick 263, can see there have been ~30-35 exiles in the meantime but not one has dropped into my gal.
Thats quite Odd, 6 have been the lower bar for quite some time, so your 4 man gal should have gotten atleast 1 planet for every 20ish signup/exile activity.

You certain you didnt have someone who moved on afterwards ?, i Can check tools for you if you dont have access to any. Pm me your gal coords.
Unread 28 Apr 2014, 20:25   #131
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
Instead shuffle randoms into established galaxies (bp 4+1) as an automated feature to keep numbers fixed in Each gal, say every 72 tricks. as done atm at pt 12
Wait. Shuffle all the randoms every 72 ticks? So if you're not in a BP there's no gal loyalty, no gal def and no incentive to take part in the galaxy because you'll be gone in 3 days? If you're doing that, you may as well remove galaxies entirely.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2014, 21:32   #132
Killeah
Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
Wait. Shuffle all the randoms every 72 ticks? So if you're not in a BP there's no gal loyalty, no gal def and no incentive to take part in the galaxy because you'll be gone in 3 days? If you're doing that, you may as well remove galaxies entirely.
Sorry for not specifying, obviously galaxies with 10 planets shouldn't get shuffled nor should bp's get split. Only random planets in dead galaxies. Much like the current exile system, only difference here is that game mechanics handles the pairing, not the abusive community.

That Would remove the current exile race.
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 07:48   #133
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
Sorry for not specifying, obviously galaxies with 10 planets shouldn't get shuffled nor should bp's get split. Only random planets in dead galaxies. Much like the current exile system, only difference here is that game mechanics handles the pairing, not the abusive community.

That Would remove the current exile race.
What is classed as dead?? Just cos you don't have massive score doesn't mean your inactive, it could just mean you are incompetent. If you are in a highly active gal of 6 do you get moved out as a random?? What if I want to self exile away from a 10 man gal of a 'dead' bp + randoms.

I completely agree that the exile system as it stands today is broken but all this auto shuffling shit has got to be the worst idea ever.

One of the main issues of the last few rounds has been bp sizes. With smaller bp the average players that have been cut from 'decent' bp's have made there own failed bps which has increased the amount of galaxies but in turn increased the amount of 'inactive/dead' galaxies. Bp going back up to 5 and completely removing latestart would remove a lot of exile 'abuse'. People would be less likely to try the exile game without the latestart safety net.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 08:27   #134
Blue_Esper

Quote:
One of the main issues of the last few rounds has been bp sizes. With smaller bp the average players that have been cut from 'decent' bp's have made there own failed bps which has increased the amount of galaxies but in turn increased the amount of 'inactive/dead' galaxies. Bp going back up to 5 and completely removing latestart would remove a lot of exile 'abuse'. People would be less likely to try the exile game without the latestart safety net.
actually you'd find a lot more 0 roid planets later in round.
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 12:12   #135
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
actually you'd find a lot more 0 roid planets later in round.
As i see it people try and do the 'exile game' to get into a ceratin gal but because they are normally 'good players' they have the backup of latestarting into any other gal just based on their nick if they have failed to get into the gal they wanted. If you remove latestart then you take away this safety net and i think quite a few would stop bothering.

Really the funniest thing with all this galaxy exiling nonsense is the fact that only 1 group like 15 people out of 800 try and manipulate it properly. and 3 of those + 1 late start are in the galaxy already - so thats 11 people out 800 and we are all freaking about it.

The facts about exiling and the game are pretty simple. If you are in a shit gal and you are active enough you will self exile out, if you arent then oh well the game wasnt for you anyway then. If people are soooo desperate to make a 'super gal' then let them but charge them for the privelage. You just have to stop the ability to 'hedge your bets' against the 'randomiser' and 90% of this crap would be sorted. Some of the intricate ideas are a ****ing joke.

You will never get the level playing field that all these sub standard players crave because that is how life is, UNFAIR!

BP's are too small to compete anymore and galaxies very much really on exiles to be half decent, yet PA Team had chucked a shackle on exiling which was completely the wrong way to go about it. You need to treat the cause of the issue which is the exiling coding and formulae, not the people who exile or the galaxies wanting to exile.
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 16:52   #136
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Really the funniest thing with all this galaxy exiling nonsense is the fact that only 1 group like 15 people out of 800 try and manipulate it properly. and 3 of those + 1 late start are in the galaxy already - so thats 11 people out 800 and we are all freaking about it.
I know that at least two alliances did it last round at more of an alliance level. So you're looking at quite a lot more than 15 people.

Edit: If someone nudges me tomorrow night, I'll look for more precise numbers from the last few rounds.
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 16:57   #137
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Looking at this round gal numbers it would have been feasible to have had 2 BPs in a gal.

Edit - I do like Gzambo's Idea of charging for private Galaxies.

Last edited by Paisley; 29 Apr 2014 at 17:03. Reason: added more
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 17:25   #138
fortran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I know that at least two alliances did it last round at more of an alliance level. So you're looking at quite a lot more than 15 people.

Edit: If someone nudges me tomorrow night, I'll look for more precise numbers from the last few rounds.
I think that is the point Kaiba mentioned. The example you gave about formation of alliances forts is accepted by the community as a normal part of the game, not to mention that they are double edged swords for any alliance. On the other hand the same doesn't occur about the "super-gals" which are in essence the same as the alliance forts. The conclusion is that all the whining is not about a certain use of a game feature itself but because this small group of players that can fence their gals in a way that others cant compete with.
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 17:43   #139
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post

The whining is about Shazs gal. Not any other gal, just that one. As mxy says these alliance FORTS are not an issue, it's the super FENCES that are.

Your changes to exiling has basically stagnated movement in the universe for everyone else and still Shazs gal exsists, yet now no one else is experirnced enough to get around the shackled mechanics and make an opposing gal.

The way it was is better than it is now.

Hurry up and introduce private gals. Capping them at -2 of 'random' gals and scrap latestarting, 90% of issue solved and if Shazs gal exsists the good priv gals will give her a run for her money

If not just set up a direct debit of credits to her account and scrap top gal from eorc
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 18:06   #140
Killeah
Old Skool

Still, remove exiling, as long as it exist the super fence gal will.

And yes kai, i do belive there's dead galaxies, where bps struggle to get it going, but the dodgy exile system keeps them dead. Galaxies where new players who sign up are thrown off right away due to 6x abandonned planets, and a scanner.

Ofc. We could start a discussion about "what is a dead galaxy" but that discussion is irrelevant, there is a problem here, and the problem is unbalanced galaxies, due to a random, and exploited exile system.

I experienced it a couple of years ago, and the very fact that new players who join this game, are left victim to a broken system, is far worse than some superduper gal, allthough removing the exile system would fix that problem also.
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 19:59   #141
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Remove gal ranking from the ranks.

Problem solved.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 20:14   #142
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Basically what the last line of my last post said Forest

Killeah your idea doesn't work. What your are basically proposing is that any gal with less than full compliment gets shuffled yes?

Now I am using common sense to assume that if there is an active gal of 9 you wouldn't want them shuffled either so how would the system decide what is inactive??

It can't score/value/roids because a bp/gal of covopers/scanners might be highly active but have none of the above.

Is it based on login? Cos then basically all that happens is that you are shuffling the same planets every 72 ticks, the inactive ones.

The above aren't sarcastic btw, please explain what criteria the system uses to determine a 'dead gal' because apart from general observation from a human element I can't how you would do it.

The opposing idea to yours is private gals. This is the 'if you can't beat them, join them' approach. Realistically it's easily implemented, generates revenue for PA and allows many people to experience finally playing in a galaxy with a large group of close friends rather than having to choose every round who is gonna miss out.

Personally I think galaxy rankings is important to PA. Alliances raid galaxies so having a ranking of which smaller group performed best 'under the cosh' is good.
Unread 29 Apr 2014, 21:12   #143
lofty
Shinigami

lofty will become famous soon enoughlofty will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: Galaxy Exiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post

Problem solved.

This and bring back cluser alliancies!

Do something wacky like this :-

1) 10 man gals both private and/or random.

2) Every gal is ffa for the first 50/100 ticks. (then shuffle takes place).

3) Every private gal is shuffled first into random clusters, (so if there is 900 planets like now / 10 planets per gal = roughly 90 gals in universe = 9 clusters of 9 gals or you get the idea).
So private gals are sorted evenly between the 9 clusters first , so you probably have roughly 6 private gals per clusters, and then the random gals are shuffled and added into the clusters randomly, at the end of the shuffle each cluster will consist of roughly 9 gals of 10 planets.

4) These made up 9 clusters will be the alliances for the round.

5) This will then make the ministers positions in each gal be more relevent beause all the ministers of each gal will have to communicate with each other and create a cluster chan and get it communicated to all players in the cluster, set up a command structure etc etc.

6) This could also make races more evenly played because shuffle is completely random and you wont know what other gals you'll be playing with untill after shuffle is completed.

7) There will be no exiles permitted, the galaxy/cluster you end up in is the cluster your stuck with for the round.

8) As pointed out above gal ranking will be abolished, only thing that will count is ally(cluster) rank and maybe planet rank.

9) This would move towards a win/win for experienced players vs noobs. As experienced players can still play with their 9 closest friends and potentially more if other private gals with friends are shuffled into their cluster ally, but they would also still potentially have to play with / rely on 'noobs' from the random gals so they may be forced to train them to make their cluster compete.(as every available fleet will be needed potentially).

10) Scoring should be based off the points system but it will need to be overhauled and made relevant. (this is a combat game, so combat should be rewarded, not steal roids). The game needs to move its focus away from stealing roids and building value(hiding value) to actually combat.

(this bit will have to be thought about) So massive points for killing ships/losing ships in combat. You could add waypoints/outposts to clusters which offer rewards if held/captured, to encourage combat to take place. Or even use the special roids scenario like in speedgames etc.

Or you could go down the route of some other combat games that are similar to pa by debris piles being created for ships lost etc.

The other benefit of this is it will stop pre-round napping and or blocking to an extent.

(you could even do wacky things like add mid round shuffles too, if one cluster/clusters become too dominant through blocking. Or merging of bottom clusters to even the playing field if one cluster is too dominant etc).

It could be fun! Now all, flame away! haha
Unread 30 Apr 2014, 10:50   #144
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
10) Scoring should be based off the points system but it will need to be overhauled and made relevant. (this is a combat game, so combat should be rewarded, not steal roids). The game needs to move its focus away from stealing roids and building value(hiding value) to actually combat.
Mech Wars used a system like this, where stealing resources wasn't what got you score, but doing combat damage (and winning fights) was. I always thought MW was more fun than PA for it, but it had a lot of problems. At some point you always felt some people just hit each other to boost one another's score.

I wouldn't change that tbh. I'd sooner remove stuff like galaxy fund and increase the XP you get for (crash)landing, to promote more roidtrade.
Unread 30 Apr 2014, 16:42   #145
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post

Problem solved.
WHat makes you think this makes people less inclined to exile into "supergals"?
Unread 4 May 2014, 04:45   #146
fortran

I put a comparison of Round 56 galaxy ranking with the last two rounds, where galaxies were made with BPs formed of 3+1, therefore with similar sizes and facing similar problems. I listed the top 20 galaxies. The coordinate axes is simply the score of each galaxy divided by the score of #1 galaxy in that round showing how close were it from #1 and putting the 3 rounds in the same scale.

In R56 there is no gal even close to the current #1. Furthermore, the mean gap to the #1 just increased. I bet on the new exile system for that,

Unread 6 May 2014, 12:16   #147
Killeah
Old Skool

The new system, does not handle the exiling into a certain galaxy issue.

It's quite simple, if you're reducing the amount of possible exiles/planet, you just make sure to counter it with more planets exiling at the same time.

Thus ending up with the same result.

The reason for the bigger difference, is that the competition, who never did it in the first place, are left with the same hadicaps.

Again, if you want to end this, you remove self exiling completely.
Unread 7 May 2014, 01:24   #148
Dav

Quote:
The whining is about Shazs gal. Not any other gal, just that one. As mxy says these alliance FORTS are not an issue, it's the super FENCES that are.

Your changes to exiling has basically stagnated movement in the universe for everyone else and still Shazs gal exsists, yet now no one else is experirnced enough to get around the shackled mechanics and make an opposing gal.

The way it was is better than it is now.

Hurry up and introduce private gals. Capping them at -2 of 'random' gals and scrap latestarting, 90% of issue solved and if Shazs gal exsists the good priv gals will give her a run for her money

If not just set up a direct debit of credits to her account and scrap top gal from eorc
Cry me a river....

Shazs gal this.... Shazs gal that....

The gal plays by the same rules as everyone else and the same sucky exile system applies to the "super gals" also.
If some people want to spend time exiling to play with the people they have known for years and played together with for rounds upon rounds, why is this a problem?

There is nothing stopping other people from trying to do the same?

Yes, this round the exile system has made the rest of the gals suffer with inactives not being able to be shifted.... But wasn't this a move that most of the PA community wanted initially?

I'm not being funny, but charging people to play in private gals isn't going to make things any better. You will just end up with 5-10 priv gals and the rest will be scattered around and be a sorry state as per 70 of the gals are this round.

You talk about the "super fence".... Sorry, but that's ridiculous and I'm certain that the end of round incs stats will confirm that. Shazs gal have had incs all round... Difference is they are very good at co ordinating and defending. You also forget, that the majority of the people in Shazs gal also work very hard for their alliance and covering other peoples incs...
Not just their own... So I'm pretty sure most people have no issues in returning the favour and defending people in Shazs gal when the time comes.

That aside... Clouds got FC'ed woohoo \o/

Good Night <3