User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 05:31   #1
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve
EMP salvage

Once again, i have a problem with cath defence. My main reason for this idea is that caths can go out of their way to completely EMP an entire fleet, and what do they get out of it? No salvage, the defender returns with entire fleet (plus any podders that managed to get by the EMP).

I know that there have been 100s of posts about an additive to cath EMP formulas. EMP-KILL ratios etc. At the moment, planets can mass roiders at a cath planet (currently cruisers even with all possible stolen ships) and hope they dont get all EMPd and a couple get thru. And what does the cath defender get for EMPing 500 hornets out of the 550 sent. Nothing, plus no salvage, plus the attacker loses nothing, plus the attacker gains 200 roids. Just a lil unfair? By round 15, something has to be added to EMP, either a kill ratio, salvage, or defence XP (only for caths).

Salvage conditions
1) Salvage for EMPd ships only happens when the defender EMPs the attackers ships.
1a) The defender does not get salvage for their ships that the attacker EMPs
2) The salvage be at least, i suggest double, the current emp for kills

XP conditions
1) The cath defender gains XP within a formula for the amount of ships emp'd (nothing to do with value, EMPing a ship is EMPing a ship)
2) General formula for the xp is a set percent time the value of the EMPd ships. Possibly 1-2%. Therefore EMPing an entire fleet worth 100k will give the defender 1-2k xp. Which would be fair considering how hard it would be to EMP large fleets.

Possible bugs/exploits
1) If ships are EMP'd then killed, where does (if it does) the salvage or xp go to.
2) RES/XP farming from sending a EMP fleets back and forth
3) Resources come from nowhere. Salvage from killed ships is not created in the game, value is still lost to the abyss. With salvage from EMP, value is created from nowhere. (Which leads back to exploit #2).