User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Dec 2006, 18:37   #151
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R19: The hall of shame

He didn't even end r12 in Veneratio iirc

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 11:38   #152
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

I think we should add Cartman to those lists.. he is an asshole...
im blacklisting him from eX asap....you should do so for your allies also...

ps.
if i cant get into allies maby i can be able to stop playing finally.. so go go..
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 11:55   #153
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Stop begging for vouches
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 15:16   #154
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Stop begging for vouches
begging for vouchers?? i asked a couple friends from eX to vouch.. tbh i doubt im playing anyway... need a break.. hopefully a long one
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 15:18   #155
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
begging for vouchers?? i asked a couple friends from eX to vouch.. tbh i doubt im playing anyway... need a break.. hopefully a long one
Who are you again?
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 15:24   #156
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Who are you again?
im ur clonebaby
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 16:28   #157
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
im ur clonebaby
But if you are my evul clonebaby, then who am I?
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 16:31   #158
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
But if you are my evul clonebaby, then who am I?

i am you, so you are me

quite funny that arnold parody
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 19:09   #159
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I can't remember what round it was, probably round 12, when he left ND for Veneratio because we weren't seeing to his every need (whilst under attack by LCH, VisioN and Mistu...)

He shipjumped from Insomnia, as mek pointed out, and from Subh, and from FO, as keizari pointed out. And Rock, as this guy just pointed out. And people still accept him :lol:
He was replying to this post which was referring to "X2"

Quote:
if i cant get into allies maby i can be able to stop playing finally.. so go go..
Playing allianceless is more fun anyway
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2006, 23:08   #160
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i think you forgot the caveat of "if you're in a top 10 gal". if not then you're just wrong.
That's not true. You can play allianceless and have fun outside a top ten gal through either playing as zik or xp-whoring in my experience.
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 00:00   #161
Bazza[RB]

Bazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura about

Wow - u can tell how bored I am cos I actually read every post on this sad thread. I've only ever shipjumped once in 19 rounds (from Kralizec to MISTU) and that was because I didn't like the direction the HC was taking - but whilst I agree that serial shipjumpers should be named & shamed, people who join one ally then find themselves in something entirely different because of a merge that they don't agree with and leave should not be tarred with the same brush. I have to say I'm surprised Satyr was on that list - having shared a gal with him and talked to him regularly on irc I find he's one of the nicest guys playing pa & I would have him in my ally any day!

Played every round since r2. RB/Fury/Eclipse/Kralizec/MISTU/Angels/Urwins/Jenova/VisioN/audentes/xVx/Osiris/apprime/FaNG/Ultores/p3n/Mercenaries/ZT/ND
Bazza[RB] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 02:37   #162
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
how is that not shipjumping exactly?
Insofar as he never was an active part of rock. Why he joined them in the beginning is something i dont know though.

And i doubt x2 shipjumped from FO as he was in vision the whole time FO existed. I think youre confusing chronox and x2 here gate.
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 17:06   #163
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
would i be right in thinking your idea of allianceless involves being part of some form of attack group which would help you to gain said XP (because there's a better chance of landing your attacks and getting scans done) and/or gain intel on where to fleet catch for a value based zik?

i personally haven't landed a successful attack for about 4 rounds now despite joining an alliance last round. something is seriously wrong.
No, I'm basing it on r13 when I signed up late and played allianceless in a shit gal. I imagine once or twice I got scans off people if I get incoming I couldn't scan but I built amps/dists and did my own shit.
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 18:34   #164
JonnyBGood
Banned

You can tell that's a lie because back then your name was "big horn".

*giggle*
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 20:49   #165
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
would i be right in thinking your idea of allianceless involves being part of some form of attack group which would help you to gain said XP (because there's a better chance of landing your attacks and getting scans done) and/or gain intel on where to fleet catch for a value based zik?

i personally haven't landed a successful attack for about 4 rounds now despite joining an alliance last round. something is seriously wrong.
to play for xp, you don't need an attackgroup, and getting scans from friends is fairly easy.Just launch at someone inactive who is twice your value (is twice the biggest xp cap right now?) and in a relatively inactive gal.

Zik i a bit more complex, but an attackgroup/fleetcatch group helps.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 18:13   #166
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~
x2 dint shipjump as he was never an active part of rock. He was in my gal and dint even have a defchannel from you guys nor ever got any help when he was online to ask for it. He dint want to play actively in the beginning (while he was at rock), but when he left you it was with the intention of getting more active, and as you dint support him I got him into vision, where he prospered and was a great asset. I think again the fault lies rather with the ally than with the player...
Defence channel - he never asked for one, nor would he have got 1 as he was never active, we didnt support him for the simple fact that he never took part in any alliance activity im sure any alliance HC would agree that it would have been a waste of resources (at the time) to support him and give him defence, when he offered none in return nor took part in our attacks.
Unread 21 Dec 2006, 18:51   #167
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
to play for xp, you don't need an attackgroup, and getting scans from friends is fairly easy.Just launch at someone inactive who is twice your value (is twice the biggest xp cap right now?) and in a relatively inactive gal.

Zik i a bit more complex, but an attackgroup/fleetcatch group helps.
Yeah, its always easy to find an inactive twice your value, isn't it...

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 13:55   #168
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

There are a lot of whiny bitches in this thread.

It appears that the game is no longer about harvesting talented players with the premise of using them for many rounds, its a case of grab, drop and throw when it comes to players. Players are backstabbing alliances and vice versa, from what I can read.

Its turned into a game based soley on alliances gaining numbers, remembering to set your alarm clock to launch or recall, and/or spending countless hours calling for defence or searching for active scanners.

Ive only been away for a short while, most of that time has been spent in bed because of illness, but **** me, its a better life on the outside. That makes me sad.

Hopefully the game will become a lot more exciting with a few fresh alliances I see merging, although without actually bothering to read about who these people are, Im pretty sure that they will be old and familiar faces under a new title.

Jolt need to do more to ease the tension between players (tension of this kind), level the game up and get the tension and fighting back into the game, rather than letting people spend their hours wasting their life watching others run away as unachievable hostile targets, as they so frequently are, mid-way through the round.

The length of the rounds has a few implications that link to these points; the rounds are so long, that by the time they are finished and a champion is declared, everyone wants a break from it. So much so that the emphasis on making the game stronger is reduced, and the game seems to carry on in a viscious circle that sees the same amount of bitching and whining on the boards after every round. I don't have a solution, but I wanted to spend ten or so minuted of my life (having saved days after not actually playing this game) whining to myself about how the game used to be better.

And I totally agree with Keizari's point about running an alliance. Without them the game would probably be either amazing or shit, but there's no way on God's earth you can lead a relatively civilised life whilst heading a 60 man team through cyber-space with nothing but the odd thank you and a bucket full of whiny, disloyal and backstabbing cvnts.

A lot of great players leave the game regularly, and always have, but for me, Round 19 saw a round in which there were far less 'great' and recognised players playing the game. Most have seen the light...

and it burns brightly for the masses.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote