User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Dec 2007, 23:48   #51
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Galaxies and new players.

lolo yes im racist thats why i made that long ass post exactly so I could promote my ignorant views

nationality is of interest to me, because the main language of the game is english...or norweigan ....yet if a nub starts in my gal with a little french flag next to his name i might get a english and french speaking member of the gal to try to open communications with him, rather than myself who only speaks english.

Also, a lot of the manual may not make sense to a non...or pigeon english speaker...so if there is sumbody available in gal who can speak coherently with said non or pigeon english speaking nub then they would be better placed to help the guy get set up and learn the game, rather than the english speaking minister who can get no sense out of said nub.

I mean really..how hard would it be to get the manual translated? I run and help run leagues for the only other online game i play (uniball) and I noticed we were banning a lot of the portugese community for rule breaking incidents. So i asked some of the more prominent portugese players to translate our rules and u'd be amazed at how sharply the rule breaking from the pt community dropped off.

This ofc does not apply just to rule breaking, or the manual, you can apply it liberally whever communication takes place....forums, irc, message from commander etc ..for the effort / coding it would take to give us a flag next to ruler name only our gal mates can see.... it might be worth more than its weight in gold in the steps needed to helpimprove communication and appeal to a wider audience.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2007, 00:28   #52
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The game is English. If people don't speak it they most likely won't find it, and even if they do, discard it because of it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2007, 00:46   #53
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

How would they play if they dont understand english is my question

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2007, 00:56   #54
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

thats exactly what im getting at Bubert

mz ive signed up to french only war games, german only racing games, and japanese only little cute anime games b4 just coz i liked the screenshot i saw on some random website sumwhere.

the idea is not just to get but also to retain the poor lost souls who come knocking on pa's door

ps dont wanna blame all of pa's issues on language barrier, it is merely a small part of a much bigger problem so sry for focusing the last few points away from the main issue
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote