User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 May 2009, 13:26   #51
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The new "No Recall Rule"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
Surely it's about time that a limited login mode is added to the game? I know it sounds like a huge amount of effort for something which shouldn't really happen, but unfortunately downtime does happen - even though you don't want it to.
A passport system for the planetarion site! Can easily throw in a little downtime section in that where you choose what to do with your fleets.

In the meantime, I think a simple setup where the login page remains up nomatter what, and some kinda form to contact pa team about fleets put on it. You should have to specify your login username and signup email address to use it though.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2009, 13:52   #52
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
I think given this thread players should have to login and confirm they still want to attack. Failure to login before the game restarts should result in your fleet recalling automatically. This way players who are unable to login to recall (like this thread shows) should be protected,.....
Unless that results in fleets being recalled into massive incomings at the home planet.

The only foolproof solution is to have ALL fleets recalled - and that doesn't meet with the approval of the "community".
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2009, 15:16   #53
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

unless you also allow the fleets you're recalling due to the downtime to be put into +11 prelaunch.

At the end of the day - not recalling fleets might screw over 1 person each downtime. So yes, this is still massively unfair and something needs to be changed so its less likely to happen.

By recalling all fleets every downtime, you're guaranteed to really annoy and exasperate 100-500 people. I know I was one of those people back in my pa hayday.

Counter argument to that is that those 100-500 people are pa-addicts, so might get annoyed but they will continue playing regardless, whereas that 1 person probably will just quit forever. That's kinda true... but again that 1 person can be satisfied by making changes that don't piss off the active universe.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2009, 19:29   #54
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

I agree with Hanzi 100%

Newt, I know you were taking the pee with your scenario, and u qualified that by saying 'extreme situation' but well put it this way, if I have the kind of job were I can be sent off an area without internet access for a prolonged period of time, I wouldn't be playing a game like pa in the first place. If I was playing the game, I wouldn't be playing with any conviction as it is entirely likely that my job would see me lose fleet several times in a round, so I wouldn't get annoyed at crashing

I'm assuming Hanzi's maths are right since he's a smart lad. 32 hours is more than enough time to avoid crashing, regardless of shift work etc, I don't know any1 that has worked a 32 hour shift.

This situation was entirely avoidable by the OP, though from what I've picked up of the occurence during and following the crash, the procedure or the advertising of the procedure could be easily improved and extended, as has been suggested already.

But what do I know, I don't have a planet this round >
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote