User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 20 Oct 2007, 10:19   #1
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
What a Round of PA Really Costs For You

Was just thinking about what 1 round of PA costs in reality...and its quite scary!

for me:-

Sign on fee - £5

WAP access on my phone (7week round, £5 a month) = £10

Taxi to work every morning (5 days a week = £3.50 a day = £17.50 x 7 = £122.50

Petty money to Jen for lifts home from work = £5 a week x 7 = £35

All of the above are the fundamentals for a round of PA for me. they total £172.50 for a 7 week round of PA. Mot even gonna bother adding up all the takeaways ordered and chain smoked ciggies when ya too busy dealing with incs and stuff to cook proper food! Edit - and OMG the Red BUll needed to get through a round. costs for that over 7 weeks must be astronomical!

I pay all that knowing theres some little rat living in his mums basement who doesn't need to work who will come for my roids each night. FU. Next round im going a free account, structure kileers and pods only. If any1 comes for my roids im gonna use that money to pay one of the lads to call round your house and break your kneecaps
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 10:27   #2
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough
Re: What a Round of PA Really Costs For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
I pay all that knowing theres some little rat living in his mums basement who doesn't need to work who will come for my roids each night. FU. Next round im going a free account, structure kileers and pods only. If any1 comes for my roids im gonna use that money to pay one of the lads to call round your house and break your kneecaps
Can I join you? structure killers were fun this round....
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 10:49   #3
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

an excessively long IRC log -furball

I'd be happy for you to join me, but only if we can get 3 more ppl who ar ehappy just fking round build SK and pods only, 3 fleet each night and not give a damn about getitng fleet caught or roided (for a 5 man exile all newcomers bp gal)

If we cant get 5 im just gonna go solo riding round the universe on a wave of exiles and 3 waving any high amp scanner and dist whore i come across

Last edited by furball; 20 Oct 2007 at 16:16.
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 17:56   #4
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Round ticket - £5

Lots of phone calls and SMS to weird countries. Like Holland - ~£30

Getting Marinho's and CleaningMuppet's phone numbers - priceless.

EDIT: I thought this was going to be a thread about ruining your life by destroying sleeping patterns & getting in the way of going out etc.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 19:10   #5
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

roundtickets? free
phonecalls? who needs then
taxi? i got a bike :|

so ehm
it costs me nothing

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 20:57   #6
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Round Ticket :- £20 (i buy everybody else credits :/)
Internet Connection :- £18 per month (2 months approx per round)
Phone Bill for texts and phonecalls to foreign countries :- £45
lack of Sleep :- free
Avoid getting sacked at work for falling asleep :- free :P

so about £101

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2007, 21:47   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

my cost is

credits £20 for 6 credits (btw bazza your next round is on me)
t mobile staff plan - free.... as gprs and utms is free and i use a 3g phone for inetfor PC

pretty bargain basement

also I can use phone for internet and irc (cant do def calls but I am working on this. means I can start playing seriously again
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 13:57   #8
DarkHeart

hmm how do u use phone for irc, pm me details pls

edit - p.s thanks for sorting our the irc log thingy for me furbal,, i dont know how to do that
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 23:07   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just go to www.pastebin.ca
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 23:51   #10
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

taxi because else you would be late for work because public transport takes much longer?

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 20:42   #11
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Round cost - £5
VNC - Free.
Inet access - Mummy covers the cost.

£5 / 7 * 52 = £37 a year.

Not bad, not bad.
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 21:04   #12
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
hmm how do u use phone for irc, pm me details pls

edit - p.s thanks for sorting our the irc log thingy for me furbal,, i dont know how to do that
I would use http://www.vidarholen.net/contents/virca/shots.html and use irc.netgamers.org:6667 as the server down side is that it doesnt have a auto perform ie having to confirm log in etc.
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 22:12   #13
DarkHeart

no taxi coz more often than not i stay later than i should at home in the morning to sort out whatever has popped up on the radar
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 09:39   #14
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

based on a 7 week round and havoc

planet cost - £20 ( i buy for others)(£20)
home net cost - £35 a month ....... (£70)
phone net cost -£4 a month ...........(£04)
hosting and server cost(aprox)........(£20)
lack of sleep - FREE
stress - FREE
laughing - FREE
gloating - FREE
getting to meet great people - FREE
getting to have conversations
that dont involve A/S/L - FREE

total cost of round - £114
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 13:51   #15
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Money wise its prolly just the 5£

Stress\emotionally\time wise the cost is huuge though
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 07:30   #16
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

The bulk of my roundly costs must come from getting drunk all the time to try and get over the fact I play planetarion Or from making stupid bets with wishmaster and company.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 09:14   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I made 50£ this round. Thanks for betting with me newt <3 up for a new bet?
Didnt spend a penny, as iirc, I got a free account and was too lazy to ever phone anyone. Inet is part of the bill in my appartment anyway

I win? \o/

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 15:48   #18
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I didn't spend anything on PA this round...

I didn't sign up though
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 16:32   #19
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I'd say PA saved me a lot of money. Think about all the girls I would accidentally have made pregnant during the length of a round, but I instead sat home and avoided it?
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 16:36   #20
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

You wouldn't have had any expenses there anyways, as boys cant get pregnant!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 19:24   #21
Rocklobster[Dok]
Victuri te Salutant

Rocklobster[Dok] is an unknown quantity at this point

its much less now when i dont have to DC drunk.

I guess i pay about £10 per round £5 in signup fee and £5 in sms costs.
I need my internet anyways so i cant count that cost.

Rock

A regular day on the lego server:
<Alf> We are Gren's bitches.. we should be proud to hump his legs
<Alf> wanna swap legs Nexus?
<Alf> This leg of Gren is smooth.. but I like some hair now
<Nexus> sure m8
<Nexus> i want the shaven now
Rocklobster[Dok] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 20:00   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
an excessively long IRC log -furball

I'd be happy for you to join me, but only if we can get 3 more ppl who ar ehappy just fking round build SK and pods only, 3 fleet each night and not give a damn about getitng fleet caught or roided (for a 5 man exile all newcomers bp gal)

If we cant get 5 im just gonna go solo riding round the universe on a wave of exiles and 3 waving any high amp scanner and dist whore i come across
honestly, it actuallyl is the stupidest plan i have ever heard
Unread 25 Oct 2007, 19:07   #23
DarkHeart

u made the list alki
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 00:15   #24
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Sign on fee - £5

WAP access on my phone = 0 £

Internet conection for a round = 22 £

total 25 £

Unread 6 Nov 2007, 11:18   #25
stoney_elmo
Strunken Doner

stoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the roughstoney_elmo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa
Sign on fee - £5

WAP access on my phone = 0 £

Internet conection for a round = 22 £

total 25 £

hmmm isn't that 27?
anyway the biggest cost in pa is textmsg'ing mek where the fok he's at
but now I'm free from all that, funny tho reading posts

Tides of Fire
Official Mascot

|Deathbringers| - |Destiny| - |DLR| -|InSomnia FTW| - |ROCK| - |EvOlution|
stoney_elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 17:03   #26
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

free account 0€
Unread 6 Nov 2007, 19:03   #27
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
honestly, it actuallyl is the stupidest plan i have ever heard
Ive heard a stupider plan:

* Init to more than 300 roids with HCT II, because i still get resources from it.