User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 9 Dec 2006, 19:09   #1
Azarak

Crusade - Havoc Alliance

Greetings chaps, this is a public service announcement brought to you by the resident crazies of Crusade! (sponsered by F-Crew, who'da thunk it?)

If you're interested in being number 1, and face it, who isn't, then this is the place for you! We're going to slap the spit out of Bline this round, and if you want to be part of the revolution, come on and join us

What we're looking for:
Fun loving, active individuals with a healthy appetite for roiding, and due to the dissolution of our slaving laws there has never been a safer time to become a member!

If you're interested, head on down to #crusade and we'll sort you out sharpish.
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 19:41   #2
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road
Re: Crusade - Havoc Alliance

Nice post Azarak. By the way if you are interested in joining just PM a Channel Op and ask for an interview (don't PM MunkeeBot, you won't get a sensible conversation).
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 06:50   #3
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see, having only one havoc alliance was completely pointless, having 2 might actually give some fun to people.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 12:47   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice
Nice post Azarak. By the way if you are interested in joining just PM a Channel Op and ask for an interview (don't PM MunkeeBot, you won't get a sensible conversation).
You do interviews for a havoc alliance?
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 13:28   #5
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

Well we interview in a way, it goes something like this:

HC: So you want to join Crusade then?
Applicant: Yes
HC: Ok then you can join.
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 21:45   #6
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarak
Greetings chaps, this is a public service announcement brought to you by the resident crazies of Crusade! (sponsered by F-Crew, who'da thunk it?)

If you're interested in being number 1, and face it, who isn't, then this is the place for you! We're going to slap the spit out of Bline this round, and if you want to be part of the revolution, come on and join us

What we're looking for:
Fun loving, active individuals with a healthy appetite for roiding, and due to the dissolution of our slaving laws there has never been a safer time to become a member!

If you're interested, head on down to #crusade and we'll sort you out sharpish.
1 Bline 336126 77 16,844,253 1,010,655,181
17 CRUSADE 82366 29 8,143,284 236,155,238

tehe
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 21:57   #7
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
1 Bline 336126 77 16,844,253 1,010,655,181
17 CRUSADE 82366 29 8,143,284 236,155,238

tehe
Bline remains completely pointless.

Seriously guys, the point of havoc is to fight, not to ally with all the other active players so you can bash inactives and get a meaningless #1 ranking.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 22:18   #8
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

I was in Bline

I did my fair share of inactive hitting this round. Im not proud of it and im not ashamed of it. Hell way i see it I can put their ships to use productivly whilst they would just remain unused at the inactive planet right?

All attacks I co-opped on with Bline where fleet catches.

Fleetcatches means hitting ACTIVE players

omgosh

and yeah Havoc is completly pointless to a lot of ppl....but at least some ppl seem to enjoy it Im noly dignifying your ignorant response with an answer because your lack of context deserves to be highlighted

co-ords removed. Not just because they were against the rules, but also because the entire entry fagged up your post. -furball

Last edited by furball; 14 Dec 2006 at 23:31.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 22:28   #9
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

I'd like to add that our score would have been slightly better had some members not left on the last day so that they could attack each other.

Seems having to spend the whole round with each other in alliance and not being able to attack one another was too much for some.

sorry furi

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 22:38   #10
K-W
Bored

Where did I say you didnt do fleetcatches?... oh thats right, I didnt.

Alliances - Top 30
Rank Change Name Asteroids Members AVG Score Score
1 Bline 332339 76 16,935,534 1,016,132,058
2 Tides of Fire 198483 69 11,305,193 678,311,615
3 Furious Omen 146480 62 9,307,553 558,453,222
4 NewDawn 155027 67 9,245,686 554,741,160
5 TGV 113409 56 9,135,429 511,584,037

It must be a real challenge to do fleetcatches when you are the only group of players organized for serious havoc play.

You still have not addressed the actual point of my post, which is that in havoc, where rankings dont matter at all, and alliance rankings matter even less, the people playing actively should be attacking each other, not allying together, with zero competition, so that they can sit back and accumulate meaningless score and get a meaningless win.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 22:51   #11
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
I'd like to add that our score would have been slightly better had some members not left on the last day so that they could attack each other.

Seems having to spend the whole round with each other in alliance and not being able to attack one another was too much for some.

sorry furi
umm that's what HAVOC is
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 22:56   #12
DarkHeart

from my perspective I did adress your post. but your reply has highlighted to me that i was only considering things from my perspective, and for that i apologize....to clarify

as I scroll through the galaxies pages, I can see all the memebrs of Bline thanks to the Little A before their info on the gal page.

the #1 guy in havoc was not Bline.

my point is i guess......there are plenty of active ppl who play Havoc, and Bline started this round ( i havent played havoc before so i cant comment on other rounds) as a tiny little alliance with a huge recruiting drive which anybody to be fair could organise. Bline just seem to be better at it than any1 else.

And yes you didnt say Bline didnt do fleetcatches. But you did not qualify that we didnt. What you did do is state that we only hit inactive players. Which seems to qualify from your persepctive that we dont do fleetcatches as fleetcatches are on active ppl and you stated we hit inactive ppl...

Thats just the logics of the situation turned against you i figured id respond with in light of your anti bline post
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 23:01   #13
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
umm that's what HAVOC is
you learn something new every day

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 23:05   #14
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
as I scroll through the galaxies pages, I can see all the memebrs of Bline thanks to the Little A before their info on the gal page.

the #1 guy in havoc was not Bline.

my point is i guess......there are plenty of active ppl who play Havoc,
I never said that every single active havoc player was in bline, I said that bline was the only alliance of serious havoc players. It has zero competition and zero reason to exist.

Quote:
and Bline started this round ( i havent played havoc before so i cant comment on other rounds) as a tiny little alliance with a huge recruiting drive which anybody to be fair could organise. Bline just seem to be better at it than any1 else.
Yes anyone could create an alliance during havoc and attempt to recruit as many active havoc players as possible, that doesnt make it any less pointless to do so.

Quote:
And yes you didnt say Bline didnt do fleetcatches. But you did not qualify that we didnt. What you did do is state that we only hit inactive players. Which seems to qualify from your persepctive that we dont do fleetcatches as fleetcatches are on active ppl and you stated we hit inactive ppl...
I stated that you hit inactive people, which you do. I never stated that you only hit inactive people. But even if I had this would be a tangent unrelated to my overall point that bline is pointless.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 23:20   #15
DarkHeart

im gonna give you the respect of being able to link what i say to what you said, and forego all the unneccasrily long quote this respond that quote that respond this... etc

The reason im arguing the toss with you on this thread is because of the subject and orignial post of this thread. I will concede to you that Bline did not suffer the same fate as Crusade with ppl dropping out to attack each other but I will not concede that we were the only serious Havoc players, as i attempted to justify by highlighting that the #1 guy was not Bline.

Was Bline completly pointless?

We could argue back and forth from left to right up and down all we want about what each individual expects to achieve when they sign the dotted line on the Bline membership form. Whatever the outcome of said arguement, it wouldnt mean im right. It wouldnt mean your right.

so from an individual perspective...

All round long I hated one particular planet, 10:3:14. When I say hated... i mean..he was gettign in my way and I was getting in his way....and for a long time we both would of enjoyed seeing the other wiped out.

Blines #1 rank might have been completly pointless in your eyes.....but in my eyes I can take away from this Havoc, that we ended up in the same Havoc alliance, and found we actually got on quite well....and went on some fleetcatches together.

Whether or not it was / is Pilgrims intention to bring players together who normally due to the BS politics of PA wouldnt have the chance to 'socialize' together is not for me to comment on. But what i can comment on is that Bline provided more for me than I expected.

The fact Bline got #1 is a byproduct. The fact you think its pointless is irrelevant.

You cannot make an anti(insert your cause here) statement about something you are not involved in, and have no knowledge or empathy with the ppl invovled and expect to be taken seriously.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 23:37   #16
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

It was havoc ffs, who cares?
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 23:44   #17
K-W
Bored

I never said Bline had all the active havoc players, only that it was the only serious alliance of active havoc players.

You dont have to join a havoc alliance with someone to socialize with them, PA doesnt force you to only socialize with people you share an alliance with.

I dont need to be in bline to have an opinion on it, positive or negative.

But anyway, the only thing more pointless than a havoc alliance is getting into a silly argument about a havoc alliance on the PA forums, so why dont we call this a discussion and go find other pointless things to do.
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 23:46   #18
DarkHeart

the ppl who ran their from attacking Ziks? the ppl who defended against incomings? the ppl who signed up to the various alliances? the ppl who played for xp? the ppl who played for value? the ppl who built out of incomings? the ppl who went on fleetcathces? the ppl who crashed their fleet just so they can say they atacked the #1 Havoc guy?

Havoc is all u want and need in a round in 4-5 days. Its a microsm of what could be and what was

just coz its 'cool' to think Havoc is lame. it doesn't mean Havoc is lame. Just coz i enjoyed Havoc, it doesnt mean its not lame.

It's a perspective thing
Unread 14 Dec 2006, 23:54   #19
DarkHeart

err above reply was for wandows not you k-w.

this reply is for you

i think you do need to be in an alliance to comment on it. otherwise your are seeing the alliance policies rather than what each alliance member gains from being in said alliance. The two very rarely are similar.

But the alliance policy will dictate who the allaince memebr 'scoializes' with.

But yes you are right it is pointless arguing it

good game, good havoc... /me raises a glass to round 20

for all our fallen homies.