User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Dec 2006, 16:23   #1
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough
The Zik Race....

When you decided to bring true stealing back into the game I was all for it. I love the whole stealing concept. The question now is, has it actually hurt ziks?

The reason I post this question is because it seems that since I have been away zik have become more dependant on the FC. They start off slow, and really don't get going unless they get lucky enough to snag some ships.

The best way to get ships is the fleet catch. Now this doesn't really work if the target has a decent alliance. Second is to defend, but the problem here is that the attacker is more than likely not going to land unless they just love to suicide. Last is to attack, but again the defender just has to run his fleet.

I'm not an expert or anything. Last time I played zik we had a pretty solid BS fleet that could stand alone in attacking.

Maybe it is time for a change? Maybe even something new and fresh.

Maybe I am just wrong too, what are thoughts of those that played zik this round?
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 17:59   #2
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Zik Race....

I tried two solo fleetcatches, neither landed. I didn't take part in any other fleetcatches. I stole lots of ships, I'm ending up top100. Zik stats this round did suck though.
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 19:06   #3
rain

rain can only hope to improve

Sucked more than other ounds, yes
Especially with a lot of 'l33t' players who went zik. My guess is we would have a totally different top10 if they would've choosed other race than zik.
Unread 8 Dec 2006, 19:38   #4
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Playing fi/co only was a good way to do.
Of course beetles/spids were needed first and having 2k+ harpiess and 2k+ phoenix helped alot aswell.

After i managed to steal a good ammount of ships and being able to fake my fi/co i was actually able to roid some big planets :-)

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 03:27   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Well there have been a lot of problems with ziks in previous rounds running away with the round at the end because of their tremendous value advantages. This round to combat this ziks were purposely weakend to slow down how quickly they could build up a good fleet. By doing this the advantage of ziks was greatly reduced and I feel made the round much more balanced over all. Honestly I believe overall this rounds stats were one of the more balanced stats we've had, which was rather frustrating for a lot of people I think.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2006, 13:03   #6
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Ziks aint necessarily slow starters, I was a top 10 planet for a couple of hundred ticks, and when I left SubH i was the top Zik in the game.

Ofc going alliance less for two weeks, then suiciding a load of fleet which left me without a decent roiding fleet for a month saw me tumble down the rankings, and since this is my first round back I don't know how valid my comments are, but I certainly didnt get the impression we had a weakened startup.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote