User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Oct 2006, 19:15   #51
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Rock/F-Crew Split from Making the War

while I can sympathise with the desire and intent of the ppl at the top of any game to expect and demand everybody else in the game applies the same standards and disciplines on their own activity and participation, I've seen that attitude too many times in too many games now.

The very nature of diversity means that many different ppl will play this game and they will set themselves many different goals, and while some ppl with shared goals will group together and battle it out with other groups of ppl with similar goals, you CANNOT judge a set of players with different goals by the standards you demand of yourself and your allies.

the top alliances will allways fight amongst themselves for the top spot. I've been away from pa, just back this round and reading this I see two alliances with 'training alliance' tags...in ROCK and F-Crew went to war ....two groups of ppl with similar goals fighting to be the #1 at what they do? See where i'm going...

People who aren't at the top of this game aint necessarily noobs, or they may not necessarily have any motivation to be anything but a noob. You gain nothing by judging them from your respective high and mighty soapboxes.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 21:40   #52
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
The very nature of diversity means that many different ppl will play this game and they will set themselves many different goals, and while some ppl with shared goals will group together and battle it out with other groups of ppl with similar goals, you CANNOT judge a set of players with different goals by the standards you demand of yourself and your allies.
I don't think I have. I've HC'd at pretty much every level in this game and pretty much know the boat F-Crew are in. They aren't doing badly as they are doing something positive for the game (which to not recognise is just plain mean) but on the other hand, I think they could be more ambitious.

wakey is free to disagree, he knows more about F-Crew than I do - I just think that playing the way F-Crew is, they could be far more of a factor than they have been.
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 22:15   #53
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

hmm if you took my post as a personal finger pointing at you lokken i apologise that was not the intent, it was a general comment at the general aired opinions.

From what I've seen and read you are certainly right about F-Crew having the potential to be more that they currently are. Same could be said of lots of the 'support tier' alliances.

But my thinking for all its worth is that the HC of these alliances, and the members too... when they click universe > alliances, they see exactly the same screen and exactly the same stats as everybody else.

That leads to 2 schools of thought on why they haven't changed their policies, their structure and their strategy to improve on what every single person regardless of IQ and ability can see when they click the allainces page.

1) They are complete and utter retarded noobolic idiots who do not grasp the very simple numerical formulas presented in plain sight for all to see

2) They're goals do not include fking too much with the power balance atm.

You'd have to be an ignorant **** to be thinking along the lines of the first school of thought, so I will do you all the respect and honour of being able to understand and agree with school of thought #2

And if that's the case, you'd have to agree that for the mid-level alliances, it's their choice as to the long term directions and goals of the alliances they are involved with, and they should be given all the support and friendshp they need to help them to progress to the point where as an alliance or alliances they are in the position where their goals can change to realistically incorporate getting involved with the politics of the dawgs fighting for the top spot.

As many of the ppl who have posted here, and your own posts seem to suggest, the top players in PA as in any other game would welcome that progression, at the very least to add to the competition within PA, but it has to be when they are reeady for it, and not necessarily in terms of skill. Other committments might mean they will never be ready for it, and whilst that is a loss to the competitive nature of any online game, it is no reason to critique them.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 13:21   #54
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Me and my Gal mates where constantly targeted by rock and we where not even
F-crew we even had the gal title we are not f-crew at one point!
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2006, 09:53   #55
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

i wold of loved that free Salvageas FC land any away :_)
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote