User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:35   #451
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: An open message to Planetarion

not really, its the weekend and theres a credit crunch dont u know
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:37   #452
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

hmm btw if your considering rejoining, i'd highly recommend it, this round has been a lot of fun. Longer round, and a fun set of stats, ,hopefully we'll get more of the same next round

Stoom said it in gal chan, some of the battles we've seen this round is reminiscent of the pre pax era. And the weekend of crashes on Asc planets was just immense in its hilarity.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:53   #453
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
Ascendancy roid lead is irrelevant at this point. They took 833 roids off me in the two ticks prior to the server fail, and knocked me down a measly 8 ranks. Ascendancy would need to hold a significant roid lead from now till the end of the round for the roids to mean anything even approaching significant to the outcome of the round. (Though let me add, the 40+ fleets? ASC sent at me to get those 833 roids and knock me down that truly magnificent 8 ranks....was it worth it?) The 5 fleets BS wave having to recall due to the 1 fleet anti BS defense i got off CT made me chuckle...though that does kind of re-emphasize asc's point that CT have got a hella lot more value to play with than asc

Theres 4 allies still competing though, so its doubtful Ascendancy will be in a position to hold onto those roids for any length of time, as the other allies simply wont allow it. Same stands for any alliance which takes a roid lead.

Not sure were the information came from that CT morale is wavering. I have only one thing to say to that. ?

Lokken - I have to disagree 2 trillion percent with your claim that JBG has achieved a 4 horse race situation by means of this thread. The 4 horse race situation was the natural order of things, this thread is irrelevant to the fact. Brace yourself - JBG is NOT a god. Though I do like that little bar stud.
Got to agree with the value stuff, Ascendancy are definitely up against it. But at least if someone wants to play politics they can.

The rest of your post is just designed to start some cheap pissing contest, so it's not worth my time.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:53   #454
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
ATRO - i'll parse you my news tomorrow. Or you can news scan me 3 ticks after it re-opens and work it out for yourself. Are we allowed to tell co-ords in here? Theres a 3 in it, a 5 in it and a 6 in it. Won't tell u the whole story unfortunaetly, as I still had prelaunched asc fleets when the server broke

Put it this way ATRO - Shadowcat forced a 5 BS fleet wave to recall by using 1 CT anti BS fleet. The only mass CT defence i got was on one wave. I say mass.... 1 of the CT fleets alone had something like 300k widow and 150k tula in it
So basically CT wasted shadowcats bomber fleet on you, when you were gained roided anyways, heh thats great DCin!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:54   #455
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
hmm btw if your considering rejoining, i'd highly recommend it, this round has been a lot of fun. Longer round, and a fun set of stats, ,hopefully we'll get more of the same next round

Stoom said it in gal chan, some of the battles we've seen this round is reminiscent of the pre pax era. And the weekend of crashes on Asc planets was just immense in its hilarity.
Fun round it is

ashame its so time consuming haha

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 23:01   #456
DarkHeart

nah not shadz bomber fleets, it was 1 fleet of titans which forced 5 bs fleets to recall (covering the wave)

Dunno its not tooooo time consuming. Glad im not a DC this round though
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 23:03   #457
DarkHeart

Lokken, you gotta back up cold hard facts with a little bit of the pissing contest stuff, the forums would be a dull read otherwise
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 23:26   #458
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
I'm not going to respond to the bulk of your post because you're arguing that having a roidlead all round is somehow bad for CT's score...
No u dimwitted mong, im saying, that the roid lead CT had for however long, dont mean shit, if another ally, such as Asc, has one for the part of the remaining round.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 00:28   #459
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
No u dimwitted mong, im saying, that the roid lead CT had for however long, dont mean shit, if another ally, such as Asc, has one for the part of the remaining round.
Yeah, it's a retarded argument that isn't worth responding to because you're effectively claiming that this ~500 roidlead Asc have over CT, if held over the next 500 ticks, will be worth far more than the huge roidlead CT have held for the past 1100...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Game I'm pretty sure most "decent" ascendancy players would rarther have me back, then you
I doubt this.

Darkheart got owned by CBA on the forums, never thought I'd see CBA own anyone on the forums. ever.

As for your "lolomg I got waved" - you managed to cover a teamup where the biggest planet didn't launch with a pretty huge titan fleet, well done. You lost 800 roids when Asc decided to attack you one night. Good stuff.
When CT attacked me 2 weeks ago, you started launch/recalling at 2pm and attacked me during the night, with waves still appearing at 9am. I lost 400 roids during that ordeal and you donated a chunk of your co fleet to Murfdawgg for them. I covered 6-7mil worth of Cr/Bs with 2 fleets. My e-penis is so much bigger than yours. Seriously get the **** over yourself
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 01:05   #460
DarkHeart

It depends on perspective Kila. If your so far up your own arse you can't see daylight then u might well believe CBA owned me. However if you actually read and understand what was said, u might well know he didn't. Little details like that have little revelance to you though it seems.

Lets look at your little snarfel warfle about who attacked who when and why

1st night of the ct/asc 'war' you launched what..... 10 fleets on me that shared 400 roids between the 6 that landed

2 nights later i took 380 off you solo, lost 100k co (LOL) for 4k xp.

Last night you used a ton of fleets, fair enough all those damn fleets did manage to get me to second most roided, but realistically, u did fk all damage. LEts see what the next few days bring?

This is by no means a lolomg i got waved response. Its a hey that wasnt actually that bad response. Whos afraid of the big bad asc.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 01:10   #461
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
2 nights later i took 380 off you solo, lost 100k co (LOL) for 4k xp.

Keep doing that and they dont need to do any damage when they land on you.
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 01:18   #462
DarkHeart

it was rebuilt in 12 ticks :P held those 380 roids for two weeks :P hence the LOL
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 01:57   #463
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

It took at least 4 days to rebuild. You released your prod to make it look like you didn't crash.

<@Munin> Capping 371 roids at 200k value with 55% bonus will repay in 139 ticks (5 days) Feudalism: 122 ticks (5 days)

edit: I should have kept the other pillager fleet going; your buddy recalled so I thought you would too and let HK recall
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 02:05   #464
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
it was rebuilt in 12 ticks :P held those 380 roids for two weeks :P hence the LOL
I thought I'd actually look up your particular case as I've been thinking a bit about how profitable some of the more marginal lands have been. In general in pa these days if you cap roids and you're in a decent gal with a solid alliance you can hold onto them for longer than pre multi-targetting's introduction. In your case you capped the roids pt 832 and lost them pt 1096. You lost 225k value for 371 roids. Given a fairly average bonus of 50% capping 371 roids at 225k value with 50% bonus will repay in 161 ticks (6 days). So you held them for about 100 ticks longer than you needed to get the repay. However given that you were a cath solo landing and I'm going to assume, given that most of our anti-co def is steal def, that ascendancy stole that 225k value off you. At a fairly standard salvage rate this would mean approximately 90-100k worth of salvage donated to ascendancy. Ignoring fleet utilisation of ships created with this salvage you'd want to say that you need to gain this extra back before you could count your landing as profitable. So capping 371 roids at 95k value with 50% bonus will repay in 68 ticks. So you're talking about 30 or so ticks of profitability. Given that we've now capped the roids back off you at better xp than you got and we're pretty likely to hold them (especially given as they're spread out across a number of different planets) for longer than 32 ticks, and given the fleet utilisation of the ships created from that salvage in the meantime, I would have to say that I would categorise your landing as marginal at best.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why going cath is never a good idea!
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 02:11   #465
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Keep doing that and they dont need to do any damage when they land on you.
True words from PA guru, eksero

hi.

Unread 14 Mar 2009, 03:05   #466
DarkHeart

JBG, i'll conced your point about cath, i usually play zik, but as this was the 'last round' i figured i'd try something else.

well spoken bud, im not a big fan of this 'if it aint zero loss we dont land it' either. It amazes me how many fleets recall, when put into context, the land could be valid. I'm not talking hylands (lol) type lands, but more the type u just analaysed, the marginal.

JBG, i score gained from the land itself (-225k value, +325k score). With the roids (+ existing roids) ive been building 50k CO and 10k CR a day since

I'm not sure how to explain in words what I want to say next.

If sum1 showed me the BREPORT between me and kila at his crib. I'd land it again.

I'm not sure it's within my ability to mathmatically explain why that land worked for me, or why I'd land it again in hindsight. The maths is not a complete story though, and thats why both me and you (and surely others) have been thinking about those marginal lands.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 03:11   #467
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't like to count score. As I said I believe we got more xp score capping those roids back off you. Your existing roids you would have had anyways! I'm sure a few of the lands we've considered crashes at the time have paid off but this one's right on the edge (I actually started my post before checking sandmans etc so I didn't know how things would actually end up). To be honest if the maths doesn't say it's justified it's not justified in my opinion. We're playing a game of numbers and spreadsheets here, I don't really see how anything else can come into it.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 03:12   #468
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
JBG, i'll conced your point about cath, i usually play zik, but as this was the 'last round' i figured i'd try something else.

well spoken bud, im not a big fan of this 'if it aint zero loss we dont land it' either. It amazes me how many fleets recall, when put into context, the land could be valid. I'm not talking hylands (lol) type lands, but more the type u just analaysed, the marginal.

JBG, i score gained from the land itself (-225k value, +325k score). With the roids (+ existing roids) ive been building 50k CO and 10k CR a day since

I'm not sure how to explain in words what I want to say next.

If sum1 showed me the BREPORT between me and kila at his crib. I'd land it again.

I'm not sure it's within my ability to mathmatically explain why that land worked for me, or why I'd land it again in hindsight. The maths is not a complete story though, and thats why both me and you (and surely others) have been thinking about those marginal lands.
No no, you got to think about the roid gain from the roids you DIRECTLY stole from when you lost youre ships and what JBG, I think, was saying, was that actually it worked out good for you as you managed to keep you're roids for a long time but if you were too land that again i would claim you silly because you wont be able to keep roids for anywhere near the length of time... or the XP was far superior.

Unread 14 Mar 2009, 03:22   #469
DarkHeart

Agian I concede, I don't know how much xp score was gained by asc from getting those roids off me, i'll assume ur right that u topped my xp gain off the two waves tha landed today.

Yes, I would have had the (existing) roids anyway, and this is where im not sur ehow to put into words what I feel about marginal lands.

How and when does oppertunity present itself. I could of recalled and got no roids from Kila. And then I might not not have landed for a month for all I know. The oppertunity was there and given the stats, gal and alliance it was not unrealistic that it could be profitable. Does that make sense?

Then again, I could of landed Kila, and the very next night got multi value waved by asc and lost 1600 roids.

You have to speculate to accumulate, and that can't be explained by maths.

And thats so open to be ripped apart by your forum brigade, let them rip
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 03:31   #470
DarkHeart

Quote:
It took at least 4 days to rebuild. You released your prod to make it look like you didn't crash.

<@Munin> Capping 371 roids at 200k value with 55% bonus will repay in 139 ticks (5 days) Feudalism: 122 ticks (5 days)

edit: I should have kept the other pillager fleet going; your buddy recalled so I thought you would too and let HK recall
errr?

WAHT?

lol

i released my prod to cap 40k frigs off ROCK ty. My xp gain from you masked the crash on you.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 03:31   #471
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Lok is a terrible pessimist. I rate the chance of an Ascendancy win to be 100%, but then I'm an arrogant shit. Presumably the truth is somewhere in between.
meh i still believe in an asc win
i'd support it head on tbh

edit1: hell yeah

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 08:12   #472
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

do not flame - Lok

Last edited by lokken; 14 Mar 2009 at 12:42.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 08:23   #473
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Right, for the next person claiming that Asc gained on the top alliances the last three days - Please go and hang yourself:

Code:
Munin> apenis for Omen is 23231257 score long. This makes Omen rank: 4 apenis. The average peon is sporting a 239497 score epenis.

Munin> apenis for Ascendancy is 26393861 score long. This makes Ascendancy rank: 3 apenis. The average peon is sporting a 263938 score epenis.

Munin> apenis for Conspiracy is 32191821 score long. This makes Conspiracy rank: 2 apenis. The average peon is sporting a 342466 score epenis.

Munin> apenis for NewDawn is 32352824 score long. This makes NewDawn rank: 1 apenis. The average peon is sporting a 385152 score epenis.
Would i be correct in assuming, if that was for the previous 72 ticks, and taking things such as roid caps/crashes/steals/prod hiding etc etc into account, all things being equal for the next 72 (which going by current trends is less than likely), Asc would be #1 for apenis??

Also, is apenis overall score gain, or just value gain?
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 08:27   #474
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Score gain.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 08:30   #475
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Score gain.
Are you able to find the value gained during during that time, assuming there hasnt been prod hiding, which there more than likely has?

Any news on the assumption for the next 72 tick apenis, being reasonable or not?
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 08:37   #476
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Value gain would be a good one. But what would the appropriate command be for that? .aclit? .anipple? ....

But if you want me to do an answer to the following :

Which alliance would gain most score, assuming that roidcounts are frozen, noone lands, crashes or hiding value?

Then, although we have a measly 839 roidlead or so, it would be us, Ascendancy, with the added assumption that we all spend and get that production out within those 72 ticks. With the (justified?*) assumption that all top alliances are about equal in the bonus they get due to being uni/feud and having maxed out on fc.

*However, as we know this is about 839 roids, which is less then 1%, that assumption is fairly important to be able to say who would win or not. So although the expected value-penis or score-penis would be biggest for Ascendancy. This expected value would be within the confidence interval of all expected value/score-penises of the alliance involved. (I hope I make myself clear here)

Added note #2: If CT lets their hidden value out, they own this pretty damn hard. Ascendancy has nearly no hidden value.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 08:40   #477
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Value gain would be a good one. But what would the appropriate command be for that? .aclit? .anipple? ....

But if you want me to do an answer to the following :

Which alliance would gain most score, assuming that roidcounts are frozen, noone lands, crashes or hiding value?

Then, although we have a measly 839 roidlead or so, it would be us, Ascendancy, with the added assumption that we all spend and get that production out within those 72 ticks. With the (justified?*) assumption that all top alliances are about equal in the bonus they get due to being uni/feud and having maxed out on fc.

*However, as we know this is about 839 roids, which is less then 1%, that assumption is fairly important to be able to say who would win or not. So although the expected value-penis or score-penis would be biggest for Ascendancy. This expected value would be within the confidence interval of all expected value/score-penises of the alliance involved. (I hope I make myself clear here)

Added note #2: If CT lets their hidden value out, they own this pretty damn hard. Ascendancy has nearly no hidden value.
Going by recent trends, and that politics/targetting stays the same as the previous nights, within reason, would it also be fair to assume that, going by recent traneds, Asc would extend their roid lead?
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 08:45   #478
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Given recent trends? No.

Ascendancy has only been allowed to 'catch' up this round. We never we allowed to keep a roidlead.

You rethorical question implies that you mean:
'If Ascendancy manages to keep the situation of the last two days about the same, would they extend their roidlead?'

Which can be answered with yes.

You are however, within this whole ten page thread. Making inconsistent use samplesize, using historical data from two previous nights or the whole round whenever it suits your point best and are trying to make Ascendancy look far better then they do, while playing a whole bleak picture of the other alliances. Fact remains that Ascendancy still have to 'catch up', before we can speak of 'extending a lead'. We are still behind man.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 09:15   #479
[JungleMuffin]

Im using factual data to support my opinion. In the case where my opinions may be based on estimations, rather than recorded history, i, whereever possible, try to use legitimate information and logic.

If the numbers support my statements, it is something that cannot be denied, however rhetorical my questions are.

Whether Ascendancy members like it or not, i am asking questions and stating opinions that are reasonably based on logic and truth. If you guys dont like my posts due to the fact that they may not be agreeable to your agenda, then thats something you have to swallow, not abuse, evade, misrepresent, argue and negrep me for.

Take the chip off your (general) shoulder, and give credit where credit is due.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 09:21   #480
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Since 'bias' is hard to prove with numbers (like roidleads and so forth) are. I am not going to make a whole 'media' circus with quoting you out of context and making you look like some troll, which I think can be done based on this thread. If I wanted to, I could make you look bad. But that would also show some form of malice on my side which I do not hold.

What I do think is reflecting out of your posts in this thread is a certain bias and hostility towards Ascendancy which does 'sell' the rest of your points very well. Actually it makes you less credible. You are preaching a lot to your own choir, while neutral observers might wonder what we did wrong to you to get so much hostility from you. People who are not 'liking' you or the message you are trying to get across will most likely think you are a bit of a sad irgnorant case.

My suggestion: Work on it man!
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 09:43   #481
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Since 'bias' is hard to prove with numbers (like roidleads and so forth) are. I am not going to make a whole 'media' circus with quoting you out of context and making you look like some troll, which I think can be done based on this thread. If I wanted to, I could make you look bad. But that would also show some form of malice on my side which I do not hold.

My suggestion: Work on it man!
Thankyou theam for being one of the few people in this thread to not quote my comments out of context, and misrepresent my statements. It is unfortunate that you are on the lesser side of that equation. Thankyou for not holding the same malice towards me that others so obviously do.

reptalk is not allowed - Lok

Quote:
What I do think is reflecting out of your posts in this thread is a certain bias and hostility towards Ascendancy which does 'sell' the rest of your points very well. Actually it makes you less credible. You are preaching a lot to your own choir, while neutral observers might wonder what we did wrong to you to get so much hostility from you. People who are not 'liking' you or the message you are trying to get across will most likely think you are a bit of a sad irgnorant case.
I could reword that ever so slightly, and it would be a fair representation of the majority of Ascendancy's members emotional ill feelings towards me. To sum it up simply: Touche.

Thankyou also for your interest in my self improvement. It genuinely pleases me to know that others care enough about me to offer some helpfull advice. In turn, i feel indebted to you and your alliance, and hope you will in kind, take a word of advice from me:

Let go of the anger, its not worth it.

On that note, i will bid you good day.

SAY NO TO COOLCISM ITS JUST NOT HAWT!

Last edited by lokken; 14 Mar 2009 at 10:10.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 10:55   #482
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Given recent trends? No.

Ascendancy has only been allowed to 'catch' up this round. We never we allowed to keep a roidlead.

You rethorical question implies that you mean:
'If Ascendancy manages to keep the situation of the last two days about the same, would they extend their roidlead?'

Which can be answered with yes.

You are however, within this whole ten page thread. Making inconsistent use samplesize, using historical data from two previous nights or the whole round whenever it suits your point best and are trying to make Ascendancy look far better then they do, while playing a whole bleak picture of the other alliances. Fact remains that Ascendancy still have to 'catch up', before we can speak of 'extending a lead'. We are still behind man.
As you started talking about trends, I decided to take a snapshot of the previous 300 ticks (as taking the whole round would just be too big) and created this.

Hopefully this makes things a bit more transparent for everyone, instead of hearing people babble about it in text.

Viva MS Paint BTW.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 11:07   #483
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why going cath is never a good idea!
AMEN

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 11:20   #484
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
As you started talking about trends, I decided to take a snapshot of the previous 300 ticks (as taking the whole round would just be too big) and created this.

Hopefully this makes things a bit more transparent for everyone, instead of hearing people babble about it in text.

Viva MS Paint BTW.
Nice paint skills. Would you like to exchange imageshack/photobucket pics?

As for the content of that picaso-esque beauty: Sigh. May we get onother masterpiece showing ticks 600-800??!, and also in a week, another from tick 1086 onwards? (I do really wish i could access sandmans ><!)

Nice roid growth since tick 932. Youve outgrown CT by 30k roids in less than a week? You want us to let you continue dancing the happy dance, while you guys play Asafa Powell vs Children in Chairs?

If thats the sort of chase down you guys pull off just by napping ROCK, xVx and hirr, i really do wonder how fast that wouldve changed with Omen and ND on the wagon.....

At the end of the day, we all know CT has had a roid advantage. Not even i am claiming otherwise. The general point im trying to make, is that even with that head start, you guys will over take them.

I know it may possibly happen, i also know it may not possibly happen, im just putting my view out there, and Asc members are making it look like ur climbing the drain pipe into Molly Ringwalds bedroom, after half a dozen pints, when you all know shed walk down and open the door for u naked.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 11:50   #485
[JungleMuffin]

Btw, Asc is pumping out BS, I am pumping out BS, Asc knows i am pumping out BS, I know Asc is pumping out BS.

Shouldnt we be doing something more usefull with our time than trying to convince the other that we are right?

Dont get me wrong, its all well and good trying to win over 3rd parties, but judging by the people replying, noone else ****ing cares, other than Asc and JungleMuffin.

Shall we play SC instead?
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 12:09   #486
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Shall we play SC instead?
You wanna piece of me boi?
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 12:10   #487
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Got a legit key then?
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 12:14   #488
DarkHeart

Eve online my man, thats what planetarion players play when you get bored of arguing about planetarion
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 12:27   #489
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Nice paint skills. Would you like to exchange imageshack/photobucket pics?

As for the content of that picaso-esque beauty: Sigh. May we get onother masterpiece showing ticks 600-800??!, and also in a week, another from tick 1086 onwards? (I do really wish i could access sandmans ><!)

Nice roid growth since tick 932. Youve outgrown CT by 30k roids in less than a week? You want us to let you continue dancing the happy dance, while you guys play Asafa Powell vs Children in Chairs?

If thats the sort of chase down you guys pull off just by napping ROCK, xVx and hirr, i really do wonder how fast that wouldve changed with Omen and ND on the wagon.....

At the end of the day, we all know CT has had a roid advantage. Not even i am claiming otherwise. The general point im trying to make, is that even with that head start, you guys will over take them.

I know it may possibly happen, i also know it may not possibly happen, im just putting my view out there, and Asc members are making it look like ur climbing the drain pipe into Molly Ringwalds bedroom, after half a dozen pints, when you all know shed walk down and open the door for u naked.
The problem is the fundamentals of growth do not work how you pretend, particularly in a value heavy round like this one. Here's the graph of PT 600-800, demonstrating how CT gained about 6 million score in the space of 4 days once they got a roid lead on Ascendancy:

More MS Paint goodness

We have not outgrown anyone. As this graph clearly demonstrates, roids are not 'growth' - they are just a means for 'growth' if you have more of them.

Correction: the 12% figure quoted in the graph is more like 15.5%.

Last edited by lokken; 14 Mar 2009 at 12:33.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 12:34   #490
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Dont get me wrong, its all well and good trying to win over 3rd parties, but judging by the people replying, noone else ****ing cares, other than Asc and JungleMuffin.
I'm sure there's more people like me who mostly read and don't reply much .

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 12:36   #491
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I am pumping out BS
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 12:58   #492
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Btw, Asc is pumping out BS, I am pumping out BS, Asc knows i am pumping out BS, I know Asc is pumping out BS.
We all know that you're pumping out BS, all we're doing is trying to convince you that we haven't ****ing won yet, CT are still 25mil ahead of us and an 800 roid lead isn't going to overturn this, we'd have to hold on to a considerable roidlead for the remainder of the round to actually catch up the them how the **** do you not get this?

Quote:
Would i be correct in assuming, if that was for the previous 72 ticks, and taking things such as roid caps/crashes/steals/prod hiding etc etc into account, all things being equal for the next 72 (which going by current trends is less than likely), Asc would be #1 for apenis??

Also, is apenis overall score gain, or just value gain?
YES IF NOBODY ATTACKS FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS WE WILL OUTGROW NEWDAWN BY 69K AND CT BY 81K GOOD POST MAN GOOD POST.

Quote:
errr?

WAHT?

lol

i released my prod to cap 40k frigs off ROCK ty. My xp gain from you masked the crash on you.
<DarkHeart> got most of it allready rebuilt in hidden though
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 13:10   #493
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
We all know that you're pumping out BS, all we're doing is trying to convince you that we haven't ****ing won yet.... <snip>
It's that little word ... "yet".... that worries us.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 13:12   #494
DarkHeart

damnit Kila i really couldn't be assed doing this in the first place but since u just took an irc quote out of context to try and prove I used hidden co to mask my crash on you here goes

Quote:
No it didn't take 4 days to rebuild. I did not go from 0 to 370 roids when I landed you. I already had 1400 roids when i landed you. It took 4 days to get repaid from the roids I capped off you. Not rebuild. Please see JBG's post for the difference

At the time of crashing 100k on you for 370 roids and 4k xp, I had 25k beetle and 25k viper allready in production from the overnight resources gathered. By the time I launched the next night, I had all 100k CO rebuilt.

Letting out my hidden FR/DE to cap rock shippies had nothing to do with you or your planet, or my interaction with your planet.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 13:12   #495
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Kila, you begin every statement you make by quoting a previous statement made by anyone, and calling it retarded. You then follow it up with the most misleading, misrepresentative or exaggerated statement possible. For the sake of anyone who has just had a bad day and may be semi suicidal, please try and put use to that single cell organ you call your brain, and fight the temptation to be oh so simple.
On the other hand, you begin every post by making a lot of almost-concrete accusations and statements, mixed with a healthy dose of fear-mongering. Then when anyone fills in the tiny blanks that remain, you make a comeback by saying that isn't what you said at all, and an invitation to reread your post. This is a very hard type of posting to compete with, because as soon as someone attempts to call you out on a specific statement, you deny making the statement, as opposed to responding to the other guy's reasoning. It's a very popular strategy among trolls, a comparison which gets especially interesting if we proceed to pull this quote of yours up:
Quote:
Which is as close to a confession as we're likely to get (you're not an idiot, after all).

Quote:
Truth be told, I have no idea, and I don't think we'll get a chance to find out. Even without your heroic and selfless campaign against Ascendancy, I think that ND/CT are too scared of us to allow us to continue to have a roidlead, so I expect big incomings starting tonight or tomorrow.

I intentionally excluded Omen, as they will lose if CT/ND are allowed to increase their value lead. On the other hand, if Ascendancy are allowed to keep these roids, Omen will also lose. Personally, based on that lose-lose situation, I think Omen are out of the running. It is then interesting to ask what Omen will do when they realise this. Personally, I think they will either target CT (because they've had the easiest round of all four) or Ascendancy (to prevent them from getting the hattrick), but time will tell.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 13:19   #496
DarkHeart

interesting analysis Mz, i reckon Omen will hit asc to be honest. If asc were to win this round, Omen as an alliance would have epically failed at this game, given that they were at war with asc for 1000 ticks. They won't like that thought, so they will hit asc. I think
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 13:38   #497
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
No it didn't take 4 days to rebuild. I did not go from 0 to 370 roids when I landed you. I already had 1400 roids when i landed you. It took 4 days to get repaid from the roids I capped off you. Not rebuild. Please see JBG's post for the difference.
When considering landings do you really think about profit/loss in terms of your total roidcount instead of the roids you gain from the attack? seirously? It's not like the roids you already have are goign to stop producing res if you don't cap more... This is so... :facepalm:

Quote:
interesting analysis Mz, i reckon Omen will hit asc to be honest. If asc were to win this round, Omen as an alliance would have epically failed at this game, given that they were at war with asc for 1000 ticks. They won't like that thought, so they will hit asc. I think
Omen have been far better than both CT and ND so far, so no they haven't failed. If Omen weren't around I think Ascendancy would have run away with this round already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
It's that little word ... "yet".... that worries us.
Look, nobody is denying that Ascendancy will or are in a position to win. Ask any Ascendancy member bar Lok and we'll all tell you that the chance of us winning is 100%, and that after securing the win we'll travel across the world sleeping with the mothers (and possibly sisters) of every player who attacked us. People posting here are just saying that attacking us now is silly because CT are the ones with the huge lead and attacking us instead of them just hands them an undeserved win. CT deserve the win less than any other alliance in the top4 tbh, if Asc don't win I'd rather Omen did because they have been fighting for it all round. If both Omen and Asc both avoided war from the start, CT would be so far behind it wouldn't even be funny.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 13:44   #498
JonnyBGood
Banned

This thread has gotten pretty epic. Between amnion's thinly veiled hatred of everything ascendancy, junglemuffin's unbelievable optimism on behalf of everything ascendancy and darkheart's subtle political machinations we've pretty much got all the bases covered.
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 14:09   #499
DarkHeart

nah we need boobies ftw. Kila i'll read what you just put later, eve online beckons
Unread 14 Mar 2009, 15:06   #500
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
This thread has gotten pretty epic. Between amnion's thinly veiled hatred of everything ascendancy, junglemuffin's unbelievable optimism on behalf of everything ascendancy and darkheart's subtle political machinations we've pretty much got all the bases covered.
how much epicness on the scale from 0 to 10 for the fact that ND not even just stopped hitting asc, but even cooperates with asc now!?

and yes ofc it has nothing to do with anything said in this thread, its just coincidence
still epic

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote