User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Dec 2009, 19:54   #1
Radrocket

Radrocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Questions

Just wondering about one thing. Why does it say that: "The Phantom is a rapid firing Xandathrii corvette which can take out swathes of enemy fighters.", when it also says the Phantom is a fighter. It IS a fighter, right?

And about the Shadow, it says: "The Ghost's phenomenal speed and cloak makes it the fastest firing killship in the universe. It ruthlessly hunts down fighters and corvettes."

These are really amateur mistakes, aren't they?
Radrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 20:36   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Questions

withdrawn

Last edited by t3k; 5 Dec 2009 at 18:51. Reason: comment retracted
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 20:58   #3
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
No, they're just out-dated comments. They were accurate at the time of writing, but do you really thing that effort should be put in to making sure that the manual/other is updated every time the ship stats are changed?

I'd rather see improvements to the game than have time wasted on making sure ship descriptions are all up to date.

Stop wasting peoples time with rubbish posts.
Jesus christ kenny, got up on the wrong side of the bed?
He might be new to the game, and therefore wants to know the ships he has :|

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2009, 23:20   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is a totally legitimate complaint, Kenny, get your head out of your arse.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 15:18   #5
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No, they're just out-dated comments. They were accurate at the time of writing, but do you really think that effort should be put in to making sure that the manual/other is updated every time the ship stats are changed?

I'd rather see improvements to the game than have time wasted on making sure ship descriptions are all up to date.

Stop wasting peoples time with rubbish posts.
(1) "but do you really think that effort should be put in to making sure that the manual/other is updated every time the ship stats are changed?"

Do you really think that the manual should not be updated every time the ship stats are changed? ..... Manuel's are helpful to (a) new people (b) returners (c) anyone interested in learning about a product they don't fully understand

(2) I'd rather see improvements to the game than have time wasted on making sure ship descriptions are all up to date

The biggest improvement this game could hope for is an influx of players, of course with inaccurate literature for them to read it becomes easier for them to quit. Let us not forget the subject: text changed in a text editor, and updating honestly should not take more then a few keystrokes perhaps less keystrokes then your utterly piece of shit put down post.

---- You I think, have been around long enough to realize that the declining membership of this game is a problem, so do your part and be constructive or keep your unwelcome negative criticism off of some one who joined this year and this month.----

The below information should have been enough alone for you to skip over the post if your intention was to be harmful.

Radrocket

Unread 5 Dec 2009, 17:02   #6
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
but do you really think that effort should be put in to making sure that the manual/other is updated every time the ship stats are changed?
Yes.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2009, 17:06   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have to admit, having done the changes a few times, it takes about 10 minutes.
Unread 6 Dec 2009, 01:15   #8
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

(this post was meant to be posted 5 hours ago, but due to two consecutive power cuts I was unable to make the post sooner)

I have to admit - I was in a really crap mood when I replied the first time and upon reflection I was out of order with the way I responded.

As such, I apologise to Radrocket to whom I didn't mean any genuine malice towards in the first place, but realise I probably sounded quite harsh nonetheless.

Sirad, forum joindates mean precisely dick and YOU should have been around long enough to realise this. I also think you're over-emphasising the importance of this observation. Yes, upon reflection it probably isn't that difficult to fix, and if JBG says that it only takes around 10 minutes then there's really no excuse for it not being done. But I highly doubt that having inaccurate information in regards to the ship descriptions is going to be anyone's deciding factor when choosing whether to continue playing or not. Radrocket is also not the first person to mention it. Let's not make this out to be more than it is, eh?

Also, by the by, I seem to remember zPeti or somebody saying something about wanting to get around to having an up-to-date manual... but that's been on the 'to-do list' for a number of rounds now.

JBG - here's something you'll know... the ship descriptions ingame seem to be taken directly from the shipstat matrix itself, so I imagine one wouldn't need access to the game in order to update this?
Unread 6 Dec 2009, 03:54   #9
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

Kenny;

(1) Glad to see you did the right thing in apologizing

(2)As per forum join dates/post counts: all they do is tell you if someone is a virgin to the forums or a well seasoned poster, I'd like to think that there would be a more welcoming attitude to someone who had made their first post.

Quote:
But I highly doubt that having inaccurate information in regards to the ship descriptions is going to be anyone's deciding factor when choosing whether to continue playing or not
(3) I would rather see accurate literature as a positive aspect of the game for new people learning the ropes, opposed to misinformation which can lead to frustration. I recall when I was first introduced to this type of game and RTFM was posted with consistency on IRC, this was to myself and several others. This practice may no longer be applicable here I have no idea as I've not been 'in the loop' for quite some time. However when I troubleshoot anything or desire to learn more about a product or service I would hope the manual I was reading was indeed factual I'm sure you would agree.
That being said as to whether or not this would be anyones 'deciding factor' I can only say as with you I do not believe it would be as I never implied it was anything more then one aspect of the whole game. (one some people pay for) ++++>----

Best wishes
-sirad
Unread 6 Dec 2009, 15:19   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
JBG - here's something you'll know... the ship descriptions ingame seem to be taken directly from the shipstat matrix itself, so I imagine one wouldn't need access to the game in order to update this?
I don't really know what that means but when I updated them it was using the same thing as I used to change the ship stats themselves and I don't think there's another way to do it.
Unread 6 Dec 2009, 18:21   #11
t3k
The Video Guy

I just wondered whether the ship descriptions you got ingame were seperate from the ones that appear when you hover over the shipstats themselves. You did answer my question though, so thanks.