User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jan 2004, 08:30   #1
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
MISTU Recruitment

Following this announcement on AD I'd like to announce that MISTU is opening recruitment with immediate effect. We are looking for competent dedicated gamers who want to fight under an experienced command in round 11.

Recruitment enquirires should be directed to an op in #mistu on netgamers, who will advise you of how to proceed.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 14:32   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: MISTU Recruitment

How many vouches do you require?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 17:30   #3
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

there will be a minimum 2 voucher system put in place or 1 command member voucher.

for more info join #mistu on netgamers and spk to an op.

ty

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 20:02   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie
there will be a minimum 2 voucher system put in place or 1 command member voucher.

for more info join #mistu on netgamers and spk to an op.

ty
This attitude is ridiculous, is the information priviledged or something?
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 23:28   #5
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
This attitude is ridiculous, is the information priviledged or something?
The idea is to disuade timewasters and encourage only genuine applicants.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 23:56   #6
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames
The idea is to disuade timewasters and encourage only genuine applicants.
That's odd, I figured it'd be the other way around.

If you tell them now, they won't need to PM you to get the info, will they?

And why make a thread on AR, the home of people who don't have enough vouches, if you're trying to get to genuine applicants? If you have a 2-vouch policy then they'll be able to get the policy from their friends anyway.

This all just seems like a stupid neo-PAism.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 00:17   #7
ronnie
Kralizec

the benefits r quite clear:

1) u can see a person actually uses IRC

2) u can spk to a person before they apply giving u an insight into them personally

3) irc has tools u can use to see who a person is

4) u can check how a person interacts in a large group via your alliance room

5) u can direct ppl who hav problems of any type

hope that clarifies for people why we ask potential applicants to come to #mistu on irc.netgamers.org for recruitment.

<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 01:30   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I had hoped for more info, like address to priv irc server and stuff
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 01:43   #9
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

Let's wait and see, I'm curious now
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 03:11   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Doesn't it make it all the more exciting, waiting for the op to PM you back though?
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 03:13   #11
Banned
Banned

Quote:

If your members are vouching for people who don't use IRC, you should kick them.

Quote:
2) u can spk to a person before they apply giving u an insight into them personally
Hopefully your members have done this for you already.

Quote:
Can be done during the application interview (or when they join your server, you can find out much more on your own server than NG, as NG has hostname hiding).

Quote:
Your public alliance room is a completely different environment than the private room. I'll grant that this isn't an entirely worthless point.

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand this one.

Quote:
hope that clarifies for people why we ask potential applicants to come to #mistu on irc.netgamers.org for recruitment.
The writing between the lines tells me that you don't trust your members to vouch properly. But that's ok, I don't think it's possible to make an alliance free of idiots anymore.

PS. Could you please drop the mbl spk?
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 10:11   #12
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

Recrutement to MISTU, hummmmmmm

do i have a chance ??? (gues not )

but ok: do i have a chance?

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 15:54   #13
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

heh

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:12   #14
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

and for me? what do u say about me??

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 19:42   #15
ronnie
Kralizec

to get the thread back on track:

#mistu on netgamers for recruitment

ty

<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 13:50   #16
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's quite simple really, why you should need to speak to an op.

1. The tech is being updated currently for MISTU, so the URLs may change, or the procedure may change within the next couple of days. To put one way up here, and then for that to be wrong, would be a silly idea, wouldn't it?

2. We don't want to give out the URL to anyone, as there are (regrettably) some people with more time than sense, who may just spam it to annoy us, meaning we can't take time and effort on the real applications.

3. People need to know that their vouchers are elligible first. They can't just write in random names, we will need to check them over first.

4. A little one-on-one is easier when guiding people through to the new server, and the new bot commands which are a little different from others. Writing it in a file which gives instructions usually produces problems for some people, and then they come to the ops asking what went wrong. When we could just skip that step and have them come straight to us, the ops.

5. Idling gets quite boring after a while, and we like getting PMs as it makes us feel loved <3
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 00:25   #17
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Thread cleaned up a bit. Please keep the flaming and trolling away from away from recruitment threads, constructive criticism is fine but this went beyond that.

Mistu members - getting into arguments in your recruitment thread doesnt reflect well on your alliance, think before feeding the trolls.

P.S. A little more info would have been nice but if this is the way you want to run your recruitment fair enough.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 04:30   #18
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Mistu members - getting into arguments in your recruitment thread doesnt reflect well on your alliance, think before feeding the trolls.

P.S. A little more info would have been nice but if this is the way you want to run your recruitment fair enough.
Thanks for the consideration. Tbh I did consider giving more recruiment information, but thy why feed the trolls, as you put it?

Anyone genuinely interested in recruitment please join #mistu on irc.netgamers.org and speak to an op, preferably Ronnie.

Anyone interested in trolling please take your business elsewhere. I see no reason whatsoever for any replies to this post. If you do post I'll assume youv'e not actually read the previous posts and therefore you post is not worthy of reading.

Last edited by RealJames; 16 Jan 2004 at 04:39.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 15:52   #19
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

good luck in the coming rd mistu

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 01:24   #20
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

can an op plz pm me about how many vouches i'll be getting?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2004, 18:18   #21
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 11:35   #22
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

See you on the battle field

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 11:44   #23
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

no we wont

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 11:46   #24
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Waku ur a member of Mistu?

p3nguin Founder
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 11:50   #25
Waku
a simple pe0n

no comment

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Unread 29 Jan 2004, 11:59   #26
Assassin
PA Ancient

You bitch lol well this will be interesting.. thought you were a FanGer through and through.. well mate ill look forward to meeting with you again long live 2:10

p3nguin Founder
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 12:56   #27
Waku
a simple pe0n

you better watch out

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Unread 2 Feb 2004, 14:18   #28
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road

Quote:

heh am i invited ?
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 14:50   #29
Assassin
PA Ancient

am i seeing a pattern ere or do a lot of FAnGers like Mistu? Or 'Ex' Fangers

p3nguin Founder
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:04   #30
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Its been a while personally since ive been in an alliance...personally.. so probably i wouldnt have much vounchers... but i was interested in this one.... i suppose once we get closer to round 11 i'll get on IRC and check it out.. :-/ But i think for a brand new alliance..vounchers are a bit rediculous... Get your numbers up first, then weed out the inactives.. you have plunty of time.. and inflation wont hurt you alliance the first round you start... as long as your not planning on changing things around PA right away...

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 16:45   #31
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
am i seeing a pattern ere or do a lot of FAnGers like Mistu? Or 'Ex' Fangers
They are allied RJ has been sucking some fang **** tbh
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 20:09   #32
ronnie
Kralizec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
thought you were a FanGer through and through
1 round of being in FAnG doesnt make ppl FAnG through and through, there is a difference between ppl like Waku and myself who were there for 1 round and sum1 like Kjeldoran (for example)

<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 07:42   #33
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

RAh - hush hush you are a FAnGer - once a FAnGer always a FAnGer
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 20:08   #34
ronnie
Kralizec

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
RAh - hush hush you are a FAnGer - once a FAnGer always a FAnGer

hehe

<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 17:05   #35
RealJames
Retired at the top

Just to update you MISTU is still recruiting. If you're interested read the top post of this thread and pop along to #mistu on netgamers and talk to an op.

Unread 10 Apr 2004, 00:33   #36
RealJames
Retired at the top

MISTU is still recruiting. However, at this time we are only recruiting players for R10.5 whose planets are in friendly supportive galaxies.

We will be implementing a system for registering round 11 interest in the near future.

Unread 24 Apr 2004, 14:22   #37
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Can I not join?

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:22   #38
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty
Can I not join?
^^ rofl
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:23   #39
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames
MISTU is still recruiting. However, at this time we are only recruiting players for R10.5 whose planets are in friendly supportive galaxies.

We will be implementing a system for registering round 11 interest in the near future.
They lie. I asked to join, but all the HC anti-vouched me. I have nfi why. Lamers.
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 16:41   #40
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Awww... who wouldn't want a sexeh scan bitcheh?
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 19:35   #41
RealJames
Retired at the top

Round 11 Recruitment

Recruitment is now open for MISTU for the coming round, round 11. You will require vouches from two existing members or one existing officer except in exceptional circumstances.

For more information or an application form please come to #mistu on netgamers and talk to an op or voice.

Last edited by RealJames; 1 Jun 2004 at 22:07.
Unread 20 May 2004, 01:01   #42
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You'll get to play with me, so sign up now!
Unread 20 May 2004, 01:59   #43
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

how many extra vouches would I need to counter-act the anti vouches?

6-8 vouches be enough?
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 17:21   #44
Copie
[Tired]

Copie is an unknown quantity at this point

you need eleventy
Copie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 06:40   #45
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Why is it called MISTU again?
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 13:30   #46
ronnie
Kralizec

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Why is it called MISTU again?

the people that began MISTU way back in r2 (RJ will confirm this) went to UMIST university in manchester.

mix UMIST up and u cum up with MISTU

<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 10:56   #47
Icewar
Destiny

Icewar can only hope to improve

I`ve played round 2-5 and 7-10. I want in a big alliance next round. My coords 6.3.1. I`ve an open application.
thx
Icewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 06:38   #48
DeadMan
Slave of Catwoman

DeadMan is an unknown quantity at this point

The basic problem with any applicants to have vouches is that they would have to be in your public channel for about 2 months to get to know someone.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 12:44   #49
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMan
The basic problem with any applicants to have vouches is that they would have to be in your public channel for about 2 months to get to know someone.
The idea is more that they already know them.

Unread 6 Jun 2004, 14:35   #50
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

I dunno why everyone complains to much about the recruitment process, it was by far harder in the earlier rounds.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote