User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Aug 2006, 14:03   #1
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Congratulations eXilition

Now that there are less than 4 weeks left in this round and you are ever-outgrowing the rest of the universe I think that it's time to start congratulating you to another victory in pa.

Amazing that you managed that even though you said that you'd be doing far more important stuff during summer, but hey, no problem. Playing only every other round is a feasible tactic and proves to be rather efficient for appearing on the political pa scene.

Congratulations to a well deserved victory.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:00   #2
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congratulations eXilition

Im sorry, and I have some very good friends friends in exi, but at this point, I think that whoever said they are truely the antithesis of community might just be right.
Playing every other round, with the simple goal of beating 1up (which in and of itsself is nothing bad) but the whole:
personal insults aimed at players in their channels ala "crusie is a whore" "whats better than raping treveler in his ass? nothing!....it couldnt be any easier" "haha you joined 1up, hows it feel now nub, best to quit PA...for good" "dial 1-800-travler owned" on and on.

Plus I find it rather disgusting that you continue to fc smaller 1up people, after you know you've won the war, with no other intention than...heres a direct quote: "hopefully make the ****er quit for good" including fcing people that werent even on the way back from attacking exi.

Then I have to ask, finally: why take in that one planet, that half your alliance vouched against, thats a known backstabber...you know its bad when you have exi members telling me theyd like that move flamed on AD. :/
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:16   #3
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

this thread stinks of bitterness

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:30   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Im sorry, and I have some very good friends friends in exi, but at this point, I think that whoever said they are truely the antithesis of community might just be right.
Playing every other round, with the simple goal of beating 1up (which in and of itsself is nothing bad)
i don't think that's their goal, it's just a necessary feat to overcome to win the game. i don't personally feel there's much wrong with playing every other wrong either, what's wrong with having a rest anyway?
Quote:
but the whole:
personal insults aimed at players in their channels ala "crusie is a whore" "whats better than raping treveler in his ass? nothing!....it couldnt be any easier" "haha you joined 1up, hows it feel now nub, best to quit PA...for good" "dial 1-800-travler owned" on and on.
this is just ridiculous, you say it like "OMG LOL EXIL CHEATZ" crap hasn't been going on in #private for long enough, nor any other JOKES?

Quote:
Then I have to ask, finally: why take in that one planet, that half your alliance vouched against, thats a known backstabber...you know its bad when you have exi members telling me theyd like that move flamed on AD. :/
obviously this will not get a proper response but ask yourself this: how many times have 1up refused a high ranking planet from jumping ships?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:35   #5
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
obviously this will not get a proper response but ask yourself this: how many times have 1up refused a high ranking planet from jumping ships?
Several times. Might also be worth noting we happily waved the #1 planet and another T20 planet goodbye this round for not falling in line.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:37   #6
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i don't think that's their goal, it's just a necessary feat to overcome to win the game. i don't personally feel there's much wrong with playing every other wrong either, what's wrong with having a rest anyway?
Because they choose to compare themselves to 1up when really, 1up give themselves a tougher job playing round after round.

If Exilition showed the same consistency, we could have some kind of accurate comparison.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:39   #7
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

and yet another 1up vs eXi thread emerged... wonder how many it is on the forum now
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:41   #8
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
and yet another 1up vs eXi thread emerged... wonder how many it is on the forum now
It's actually a "well done exilition" thread, but I agree with you if you change your words to "and yet another thread got derailed to the 1up vs exi topic"
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:43   #9
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

thats what i mean heartless.. forum is full on em.. and each time a new thread comes.. someone pushes it into that direction
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:44   #10
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Because they choose to compare themselves to 1up when really, 1up give themselves a tougher job playing round after round.

If Exilition showed the same consistency, we could have some kind of accurate comparison.
I honestly believe that you overestimate eXi's tabula rasa "strategy". We don't really do it on purpose, it just happens that way. I think after round 13 (actually even in the beginning of that round for 1up) most people consider us as one of the most dangerous opponents in the game. eXilition is hardly underestimated these days and has to give their very best to do well in any round. A fact is that we've beaten 1up 2 times out of 2 and if Heartless' post is to be taken seriously then we've done it again. But the round is hardly over and Heartless' post isn't correct about many things either.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:47   #11
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Several times. Might also be worth noting we happily waved the #1 planet and another T20 planet goodbye this round for not falling in line.
ok then but do you feel they are making an "unfair move" by accepting the shipjumper? (whether it was a wise/needed isn't relevant)

lok: i didn't mean any sort of comparison, i meant that their only main opposition for the #1 rank was 1up, as time and time has proven no other other alliance seem to aim for winning anyway, so it would surely be the best move to get rid of 1up first and foremost.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 15:57   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
I honestly believe that you overestimate eXi's tabula rasa "strategy". We don't really do it on purpose, it just happens that way. I think after round 13 (actually even in the beginning of that round for 1up) most people consider us as one of the most dangerous opponents in the game. eXilition is hardly underestimated these days and has to give their very best to do well in any round. A fact is that we've beaten 1up 2 times out of 2 and if Heartless' post is to be taken seriously then we've done it again. But the round is hardly over and Heartless' post isn't correct about many things either.
It's not down to people underestimating you anymore - I think now it's more down to capitalising on 1up's deep unpopularity after they've won a round. I don't doubt that exilition might be a good alliance, as to say exilition were crap would be a complete injustice.

The fact that you quote "we've beaten 1up 2 times out of 2" is the very comparison that I talk about. If you want to compare yourselves properly to 1up, take them on in successive rounds. The fact you keep banging on about rest, well 1up don't seem to need rest and don't run from the consequences of winning rounds. Winning a round is hard. Winning a second round in succession is the test that in my view, Exilition must take on to be able to truly say they are 1up's equals or superiors.

I for one would find the prospect of a second successive round something that would be great to watch. I'm sure you'ld rather get some rest, though.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:07   #13
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not down to people underestimating you anymore - I think now it's more down to capitalising on 1up's deep unpopularity after they've won a round. I don't doubt that exilition might be a good alliance, as to say exilition were crap would be a complete injustice.
Not entirely sure what this has got to do withthe current round as we are both solo, its not as if everyone is ganging up on 1up and leaving us alone.
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:32   #14
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
ok then but do you feel they are making an "unfair move" by accepting the shipjumper? (whether it was a wise/needed isn't relevant)

I don't have an opinion one way or the other tbh, I was just correcting your original post. Although I will add that, in my experience, taking in people who are only interested in rank will bite you in the ass at some point. Given the history of 1up planet naps we know what damage they can do to an opposition and how badly it can affect morale. I'd much rather be fighting 50 top planet shipjumpers than 50 mid range loyal members.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:49   #15
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Playing every other round, with the simple goal of beating 1up (which in and of itsself is nothing bad)
Not true. Exil plays to win. It just happens that 1up are their main competitors for this top spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
I've never seen any of those things said in the private channel. Either you're making them up or they've happened to be said at times when I'm not there (which isn't that often).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Plus I find it rather disgusting that you continue to fc smaller 1up people, after you know you've won the war, with no other intention than...heres a direct quote: "hopefully make the ****er quit for good" including fcing people that werent even on the way back from attacking exi.
Who said that? I doubt anyone in Exil promoted the idea of another player quitting for good. As for fleetcatchign people - it's a perfectly valid tactic. If Exil want to ensure they remain on the top (there are still 4 weeks left, after all) then they need to concentrate on both the big and the small fish.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:51   #16
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The fact that you quote "we've beaten 1up 2 times out of 2" is the very comparison that I talk about. If you want to compare yourselves properly to 1up, take them on in successive rounds.
Noone is forcing 1up to play round after round after round.

If they want to have a better percent of "wins : plays" maybe they should also only play every other round?
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:59   #17
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Noone is forcing 1up to play round after round after round.

If they want to have a better percent of "wins : plays" maybe they should also only play every other round?
That was not was lokken wanted to imply - he simply stated that eXilition and 1up aren't compareable due to the fact that exi only plays every other round and doesn't want to have the challenge of playing and winning twice in a row.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 16:59   #18
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
'"whats better than raping treveler in his ass? nothing!....it couldnt be any easier" "haha you joined 1up, hows it feel now nub, best to quit PA...for good" "dial 1-800-travler owned"
lol Iv never seen any comments about travler in exi private channels, i didnt even know he was 1up. Only recognize the nick from AD. Obviously crusie gets afair few comments considering, but tbh most are complimentary!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 17:15   #19
MrPedantic
Banned

MrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
lol Iv never seen any comments about travler in exi private channels, i didnt even know he was 1up. Only recognize the nick from AD. Obviously crusie gets afair few comments considering, but tbh most are complimentary!
I suppose you consider people posting crusie.rar around in public channels as being 'complimentary' ?
MrPedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 17:30   #20
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Pfft, insulting people will always happen. If I was suppose to stop playing because of all the insults people had thrown at me over the rounds I would have stopped playing r13.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 17:49   #21
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
That was not was lokken wanted to imply - he simply stated that eXilition and 1up aren't compareable due to the fact that exi only plays every other round and doesn't want to have the challenge of playing and winning twice in a row.
Correct.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 18:13   #22
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've never seen any of those things said in the private channel. Either you're making them up or they've happened to be said at times when I'm not there (which isn't that often).
HAHAHA check your topic history in #exilition, 2 of those are straight out of there.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 18:18   #23
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
HAHAHA check your topic history in #exilition, 2 of those are straight out of there.
I don't go in there. I thought you were referring to the private channel.

If your sole basis for Exilition being non-deserving of a win is a bit of light-hearted banter against the opposition, you'd better go and find a better argument dude
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 18:20   #24
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
this thread stinks of bitterness
Nah, not bitter, just a bit disgusted atm. And Im not saying exi are bad ppl, some of my favorite people from PA are in exi ...Im just saying the current state of affairs seems to be not so much about winning as a blind hate for 1up. And yes all of those quotes etc are valid, though to name names/context wouldn't be fair those that passed them on (other than the things from the public channel).

Now, that being said, ofc exi did awesome as far as military this round, probably the most efficient Ive seen in any alliance in a long time.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 18:23   #25
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Quote:
I don't go in there. I thought you were referring to the private channel.

If your sole basis for Exilition being non-deserving of a win is a bit of light-hearted banter against the opposition, you'd better go and find a better argument dude

I never said exi didnt deserve to win, on the contrary, check my above post. Though there is still a lot of time left, I dont see the rankings changing too drastically from where they are now.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 18:33   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
I never said exi didnt deserve to win, on the contrary, check my above post. Though there is still a lot of time left, I dont see the rankings changing too drastically from where they are now.
Why not?
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 19:34   #27
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

Thx Heartless for the congratulations, everyone at eXi is pleased at the way this round has gone, although not half way through yet, congratulations may be a little premature - we have to see what the universe does next
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 20:18   #28
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Playing every other round, with the simple goal of beating 1up (which in and of itsself is nothing bad) but the whole:

First of all eXilition playes to win not to beat 1up, the prob is for eXi to win we have to beat 1up. You cant do one without the other.

As far as the personal insults go, I do not know if these happened. Atleast I havent seen any of them. As for the 1st 2 comments I have to say IF they really were in any topic of an eXi channel I find it a bit to much. Joking around a bit like the last 2 topics I dont find insulting. I'm sure I saw similar kind of topics in #public in the past.

I really dont see any problem with FC'ing 1up planets, small or big. Its still 1up value beeing killed/stolen that would probably be used against us. Its a war game and where a war is fought, casualties fall.

Quote:

The fact that you quote "we've beaten 1up 2 times out of 2" is the very comparison that I talk about. If you want to compare yourselves properly to 1up, take them on in successive rounds. The fact you keep banging on about rest, well 1up don't seem to need rest and don't run from the consequences of winning rounds. Winning a round is hard. Winning a second round in succession is the test that in my view, Exilition must take on to be able to truly say they are 1up's equals or superiors.

I for one would find the prospect of a second successive round something that would be great to watch. I'm sure you'ld rather get some rest, though.
imo I think you are overestimating how much cause 1up's so called unpopularity is after winning a round. 1up still is the only alliance to win 2 or 3 rounds in a row I believe it was which is indeed quite an achievement. Offcourse playing round after round and achieving something is more difficult as an alliance, I just dont think it has anything to do with popularity and eXilition exploiting it.

As for the whole comparing part of your post. HK didnt compare but merely stated a fact that eXi beat 1up 2 out of 2. Fill in your own reasons why this happened, there have been a fair few discussions about this aswell. But whatever reason you put in for the win those 2 wins still count for something and certainly doesnt make us less than 1up.

You are entitled to your own opinion offcourse, but stating that the real achievement is winning 2 rounds in a row and that should happen 1st before people start comparing eXilition and 1up is a bull**** statement imo. The said 2 alliances have been dominating the top spots since r11 and imo that is more than enough reason for people to compare them with eachother. Personally I really dont give a **** about comparing penis sizes and all. All I care about is when eXi playes and I play, is winning the round. If this happens to be 2 rounds in a row than lett it be 2 rounds in a row. Its for the HC to decide when we play unfortunatly enough, because I havent felt at home in a community and alliance in a long time and if it was up to me we would play every round.

eXilition

Last edited by KweKweK; 6 Aug 2006 at 20:52.
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 20:24   #29
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

As far as crusie goes, she might be nice, she might be cute, what she does infront of a webcom is her own bussines, but after she left eXi in r15 she left a bad taste in alot of people's mouths. imo she hugely over reacted. As for me why I'm not to fond of her. I payed for her account that round and didnt even get a thank you. Call me crazy, but with that kind of behaviour you dont make alot of friends and gets people to talk negativly about you.

P.S. All of this still doesnt give anyone the right to call her a "whore" or any other similar things.

eXilition
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 20:55   #30
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

thx. far too easy this round.

thx to 1up for a nice 2-week fight, most of u guys were on vacation prolly....it was too easy to be honest.

Special Thanks to gmufc for getting me pissed a whole day...Recall Resend 4tw...made me:crazyxmas:

Community Leader

Last edited by lokken; 6 Aug 2006 at 21:22.
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 20:56   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

Various individuals rep talk/spamming/flaming/potentially libelling

please desist.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:09   #32
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...5&postcount=31

and shorten your sig to the regulation 10 lines please - Lok

Last edited by lokken; 6 Aug 2006 at 21:17.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:10   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

KweKKweK, here's an amended version of what I sent to HK, as there were certain contents of it that I can't be bothered to deal with the intense flaming for. In other areas, I just improved my reply. I'm not sure if it's a direct reply to what you are suggesting, but I felt it was close enough.

Quote:
Because your membership keep wanting to compare themselves to an alliance playing in an entirely different context, who play round after round and don't 'do' rest. As you will note on the thread I have not claimed anything about exilition's political relations (Note: HK suggested I mentioned blocking in this thread, I haven't) - please desist from reading in and inferring things.

The fact is 1up has the unenviable role of trying to defend their title after winning a round, while exilition have never wanted to take on this challenge, yet somehow think they are engaged in an equal battle with 1up. 1up have to deal with the consequences (being disliked, tired) of winning a round. Exilition join when these consequences come to the fore (i.e. 1up are in a position of weakness) and never decide to take them on themselves.

While it is smart and sensible, I find it:

a) a terrifically dull way of playing planetarion, as I just sit here, predict the round and log out. The only way it could EVER be justified is if all alliances who won, disbanded on principle to restore political balance, which I think would be a good thing. As such we have 1up with a legacy of victories and great performances and exilition with some fine individual efforts, and the first category is a better one, in my opinion.

b) terribly moronic when your members think they are planetarion's version of sliced bread when the real reason they've won is because essentially, someone has picked the right round to use them in.

c) weak that you can't stomach two rounds in a row if you really want to be regarded as a 'top' alliance when the demands of the game are hardly massive compared to how they used to be.

I'm not trying to find any excuses for 1up - I'm simply saying for Exilition to compare themselves to 1up is mighty rich when you look at things in context.

This is my opinion - it does not change. I am sure Exilition have played well. I doubt you need my approval to know whether you are any good or not. In all honesty, I think you've got under 1up's skin quite a great deal, because there is not much they can 'do' about the way you play and they seem to feel under pressure before the round even starts.

I'm sure if you chose to continue after this round, there might be a slightly different tale.

I have no preference for either alliance (infact much the opposite for my own reasons), but I enjoy contributing my opinion to the discussion.

Last edited by lokken; 6 Aug 2006 at 21:17.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:23   #34
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Well, it is a bit premature to say exil won. I figured when they owned elvis that it would truely be over, but he may have a planet NAP like he did in round 12. So I guess its over. GG exil. GG 1up. And GG escape also.
(I would limit comments of "Its not over still 4 weeks left", as when exil wins you will feel like an ass)
<3
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:28   #35
Caj
speed demon

hmmm lokken does have a very good well versed point..

I think eXi should play next round prove our worth and prove some people wrong

/me pokes NitinA and Kaifux and bwtmc

make it happen ... make lokkens post not sound so .. umm.. "sound"

!!!!
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:38   #36
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

Quote:
Because your membership keep wanting to compare themselves to an alliance playing in an entirely different context, who play round after round and don't 'do' rest. As you will note on the thread I have not claimed anything about exilition's political relations (Note: HK suggested I mentioned blocking in this thread, I haven't) - please desist from reading in and inferring things.

The fact is 1up has the unenviable role of trying to defend their title after winning a round, while exilition have never wanted to take on this challenge, yet somehow think they are engaged in an equal battle with 1up. 1up have to deal with the consequences (being disliked, tired) of winning a round. Exilition join when these consequences come to the fore (i.e. 1up are in a position of weakness) and never decide to take them on themselves.

While it is smart and sensible, I find it:

a) a terrifically dull way of planning planetarion, as I just sit here, predict the round and log out. The only way it could EVER be justified is if all alliances who won, disbanded on principle to restore political balance, which I think would be a good thing. As such we have 1up with a legacy of victories and great performances and exilition with some fine individual efforts, and the first category is a better one, in my opinion.

b) terribly moronic when your members think they are planetarion's version of sliced bread when the real reason they've won is because essentially, someone has picked the right round to use them in.

c) weak that you can't stomach two rounds in a row if you really want to be regarded as a 'top' alliance when the demands of the game are hardly massive compared to how they used to be.

I'm not trying to find any excuses for 1up - I'm simply saying for Exilition to compare themselves to 1up is mighty rich when you look at things in context.

This is my opinion - it does not change. I am sure Exilition have played well. I doubt you need my approval to know whether you are any good or not. In all honesty, I think you've got under 1up's skin quite a great deal, because there is not much they can 'do' about the way you play and they seem to feel under pressure before the round even starts.

I'm sure if you chose to continue after this round, there might be a slightly different tale.

I have no preference for either alliance (infact much the opposite for my own reasons), but I enjoy contributing my opinion to the discussion.
The first part of your post I agreed to more or less as you could have read in my post.

a) I agree to to some extent, as you could have read from my original post aswell. Just disagree with you on what exactly makes one more or less than the other.

b) This is mainly your assumption about eXi players and not the reality. Offcourse there are some individuals who you can apply this to. But every alliance has its village idiot(s)

c) I doubt you know what the reason is and can back up your statement why eXi playes or doesnt play a round. This could be the same reason for every round since they were first formed or different. Simply stating we dont have the stomach for it is the easiest answer it seems.

I do not care to compare 1up with eXi from when pax started, I only care to compare eXi with 1up when the both played a round and what the result was. If we won good for us if 1up won good for them. I think most eXi feel the same. 1up indeed achieved more over the long run and good for them they put in the effort and achieved what they wanted. I respect that. I dont think this makes them a better or worse alliance which is a comparision you're willing to make. You take things into account which are impossible to measure how much effect that has on the achievements of an alliance. I'm not denying that has a certain effect, but simply stating its impossible to know how much effect that has on deciding the winner. just my 2 cents on your opinion. Dont forget that even if eXi isnt playing most eXi members do play.

And yes if we decide to play another round after this one there might indeed be a different tale, but than again might aswell be not the case

I probably wont be responding on this thread anymore, because it takes up far to much time to compose a decent reply in readable english for me as it isnt my native language. I'm happy to take this up further in PM.

Kind Regards
KweKweK

eXilition

Last edited by KweKweK; 7 Aug 2006 at 19:23.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:40   #37
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Wasn't round 14 like a break for 1up as they worked together with alot of alliances like Reunion and NewDawn and their main enemies had so many problems that they weren't really able to fight 1up?

Wasn't round 16 like a break for 1up as their real enemy was an enemy that they couldn't fight and the other enemies decimated themselves before focusing on 1up?

Wasn't round 17 like a break for 1up as they flew under the radar and were hiding most of the round? Someone told me elviz didn't have a single incoming fleet that round.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:47   #38
lokken
BlueTuba

Hmm selective and in some cases, incorrect memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
Wasn't round 14 like a break for 1up as they worked together with alot of alliances like Reunion and NewDawn and their main enemies had so many problems that they weren't really able to fight 1up?
1up won round 14 because their opposition fell apart, joined their rather tiny ally and they then proceeded to rip ND apart.

Quote:
Wasn't round 16 like a break for 1up as their real enemy was an enemy that they couldn't fight and the other enemies decimated themselves before focusing on 1up?
Round 16 was a pretty massive struggle for 1up as they had a rather punishing, painful scrap with ND, then Ascendancy tagged up a long way ahead of them for pretty much making their effort wasted. Even so, 1up had a military victory.

Quote:
Wasn't round 17 like a break for 1up as they flew under the radar and were hiding most of the round? Someone told me elviz didn't have a single incoming fleet that round.
It's the fact that you 'win' that puts you on the back foot. They were still turning up day in day out and made themselves a target to aim at this round by (cleverly) deceiving the playerbase. While this might raise a couple of eyebrows, i doubt elviz is representative of the level of 1up incoming across the board
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:52   #39
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

Quote:
1up won round 14 because their opposition fell apart, joined their rather tiny ally and they then proceeded to rip ND apart.
Still 1up had it defenitly very easy during that round. How do I know? Because I was hosting the tools for dS/InS and was able to see the struggle they had. 1up was given that round.

Quote:
Round 16 was a pretty massive struggle for 1up as they had a rather punishing, painful scrap with ND, then Ascendancy tagged up a long way ahead of them for pretty much making their effort wasted. Even so, 1up had a military victory.
Still it wasn't really a challenging round and the XP formulae ****** it up even more.

Quote:
It's the fact that you 'win' that puts you on the back foot. They were still turning up day in day out and made themselves a target to aim at this round by (cleverly) deceiving the playerbase.
There is a difference between a win where you have to be active to defeat your enemies and a win where you fool your enemies and only have to get online once or twice to launch your attacks and to check for defenders. Face it, last rounds victory was a holiday victory for 1up.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:53   #40
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

me and keiz got roids from elviz early on but noone wanted to follow up, so well it ended as it ended
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:01   #41
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

Alot of our members play the rounds where eXilition takes a break. So saying we have rested members is bollocks. And to say that no one wants to take us down the rounds we play because we just got back and everyone forgot about us...

you're insulting the members of this community to have a memory that is only able to remember coords. And if no one wanted to take us down in round 15 because eXilition didn't play round 14, please explain me 6000!!!! defcalls.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:06   #42
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
me and keiz got roids from elviz early on but noone wanted to follow up, so well it ended as it ended
I roided elviz once too. <3
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:28   #43
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
you're insulting the members of this community to have a memory that is only able to remember coords. And if no one wanted to take us down in round 15 because eXilition didn't play round 14, please explain me 6000!!!! defcalls.
being attacked 100 times during a round in a top alliance is quite a normal sum imo ... in the end it just means that you have really active members and galmates who report the incomings regularly

at the moment i count about 50-60 hostile fleets in my history of incoming fleets and my planet wasnt a great target most of the round - we still have 4 weeks to play i hear. Last round i had a quite similar count if i remember correct. Especially since eXi is a quite attack oriented alliance with lots of roid swapping going on this number doesnt suprise me.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:34   #44
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

Quote:
Congratulations eXilition 6 Aug 2006 23:11 6000 def calls is a bit of an exaggeration for you.
No it's not. We had 5739 reported defcalls in round 15. So whoever gave me this negrep: UP YOURS!
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:41   #45
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

We had around the same last round, perhaps closer to 5000 (reported) than 6000 but still fairly above. Myself, in person, had 276 incoming hostile fleets.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:43   #46
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

With that number I just wanted to point out that just because eXilition took a break the community had not forgotten that we are one of the alliances that you have to beat if you want to win the round. So all those crappy "Yeah eXilition only takes breaks so people will forget about them winning the round before" posts by Heartless are just bollocks.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:47   #47
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
"Yeah eXilition only takes breaks so people will forget about them winning the round before"
Maybe this is what happened in the 2 first rounds of eXi lifetime, but if people still 'forget' about eXi, then they're God damn stupid.
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:50   #48
Heartless

Quote:
With that number I just wanted to point out that just because eXilition took a break the community had not forgotten that we are one of the alliances that you have to beat if you want to win the round. So all those crappy "Yeah eXilition only takes breaks so people will forget about them winning the round before" posts by Heartless are just bollocks.
Eh? What did I do now? Kill your kitten?
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:51   #49
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Maybe this is what happened in the 2 first rounds of eXi lifetime, but if people still 'forget' about eXi, then they're God damn stupid.
Wait ... what did Einstein say again?
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 22:55   #50
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Wait ... what did Einstein say again?
That I'm the greater Allah of the Jewish hindu people.