User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 Apr 2006, 18:47   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Info please.

A few ordinary questions while we still are in early days in round…..

Around what tic are alliance coords out?

Is it because of Gal members intel or from other sources?

Do alliance spies still exist?
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 21:15   #2
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Info please.

a bit more effort next time buddy and people might be inspired to respond
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 21:39   #3
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

To answer your questions:

I gain my intel from torturing the agents who found it necessary to try and sabotage my research. I have yet to discover the identity of the ones that succeeded, and my head of security "frederick the blind" has been sent into retirement. He has since then been replaced by "marcus the near-sighted"

I'm proud to say that I am heading up the alliance of "Squidlians anonymous". If you wish to declare war on us, I will be more than happy to hand you our** coords to see your efforts upon us*.

Alliance spies do exist, and I have my eye on that strange Marv character. I suspect he might be spying on me for the betterment of the suspicious "MarvLovesMen" alliance... But until I finish torturing some more agents, I'm afraid I cannot be certain as of now.

*me
**my
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 00:37   #4
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
A few ordinary questions while we still are in early days in round…..

Around what tic are alliance coords out?

Is it because of Gal members intel or from other sources?

Do alliance spies still exist?
I thought you were the man in the know
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 00:55   #5
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I covert-op someone until they mail me their IRC nick.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 09:20   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA

-NitinA
So it was you all the time ???

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 10:00   #7
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

When are alliances co-ords out: They start leaking pretty much from the first tick after the shuffle and will keep leaking until the very last tick. From my experiance however its pretty rare for every last co-ord to leak out from a single alliance although most top10 alliances have a fairly complete intel list on most of the other top10 alliances by the end of the round

Is it because of galaxy members or other: Galaxy members are normally the building blocks for starting your intel gathering (either by directly leaking their galaxies alliances or even just leaking the defence channels) but arent the only way. If you know co-ords of just one member you can simply watch for defence and your get a load of co-ords of other members of that alliance, or theres intel swaps with allies or recruiting of new members whom bring intel with them, or 'spies' (which i'll deal with below) or one of the million other ways of gaining intel. Those most successful at it are those whom use every possible avenue open to them to build their intel db

Do alliances still use spies: While your probally find no alliance admitting doesnt so it does go on, although its more common outside the top10 than inside the top10 imho. This probally has alot to do with the recruitment policies mind you. 'Spies' from the top10 in my experiance normally fall into the "Im not active enough to play for my alliance, i will however join a more relaxed alliance and feed back anything my true alliance might find useful" but in those cases the useful info is often thin on the ground
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 11:00   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Do alliances still use spies: While your probally find no alliance admitting doesnt so it does go on, although its more common outside the top10 than inside the top10 imho. This probally has alot to do with the recruitment policies mind you. 'Spies' from the top10 in my experiance normally fall into the "Im not active enough to play for my alliance, i will however join a more relaxed alliance and feed back anything my true alliance might find useful" but in those cases the useful info is often thin on the ground
Spies are far less efficient and usefull lately compared to a few rounds ago ... So a spy can enter an attack channel and see a set of scans without coords (most only release coords at LT) ... big deal ...
Also, I think every alliance channel has been relayed in the past and I believe most current channels are being relayed as we speak.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:08   #9
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Spies are far less efficient and usefull lately compared to a few rounds ago ... So a spy can enter an attack channel and see a set of scans without coords (most only release coords at LT) ... big deal ...
Also, I think every alliance channel has been relayed in the past and I believe most current channels are being relayed as we speak.
Nah only #angels.priv
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:18   #10
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve

/me recalls all his spies. you'd be surprised how easily galaxies give away infomration.

Below is a copy from someones overview:

... Pm @PM4DefCall in #lch with full details ...

I leave it to you to have an opinion on this.

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]
[BA]Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:24   #11
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BA]Apoc
/me recalls all his spies. you'd be surprised how easily galaxies give away infomration.

Below is a copy from someones overview:

... Pm @PM4DefCall in #lch with full details ...

I leave it to you to have an opinion on this.
I would be suprised if you had that on a top 5 alliance right now.

Do you think LCH needs to hide atm ? if you do think that wake up and smell the roses.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:26   #12
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Nah only #angels.priv
No you see, #angels.priv is our fake private channel to fool you spies

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 13:53   #13
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
No you see, #angels.priv is our fake private channel to fool you spies
dont tell them bout #fang so

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:29   #14
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I would be suprised if you had that on a top 5 alliance right now.

Do you think LCH needs to hide atm ? if you do think that wake up and smell the roses.
Jeez so hostile :P

No i don't expect a top 5 alliance to be that blatent, but it was an extreme example of what people put on gal overviews. Read it in context ... and also why i choose someone not playing properly this round.

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]
[BA]Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:49   #15
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BA]Apoc
Jeez so hostile :P

No i don't expect a top 5 alliance to be that blatent, but it was an extreme example of what people put on gal overviews. Read it in context ... and also why i choose someone not playing properly this round.

Who said we are not playing properly this round ?
We are only not playing like all other alliances.

And to get back to what you posted first, I know the HR ppl in that gal too with all details
#multihunters
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 16:57   #16
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

forum intel wars
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 17:08   #17
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
forum intel wars

LOL doubt it will ever happen
#multihunters
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 17:10   #18
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

I believe even the fake nicking have decreased over the rounds, nowadays people seems not to bother if they reveal themselves; true or false - good or bad?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 17:22   #19
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

I fake nick in our gal channel all the time. Noone can suspect my true identity etc.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 18:45   #20
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

LCH have always published PM4DEFCALL, they've been one of the few (if not the only) top alliances that doesn't hide itself.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 18:52   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
LCH have always published PM4DEFCALL, they've been one of the few (if not the only) top alliances that doesn't hide itself.
Ascendancy didn't exactly hide itself last round despite the best efforts of whoever the hell the hc are to pretend we didn't exist.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 18:55   #22
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Ascenawho?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:00   #23
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
Ascenawho?
That one made me laugh.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:01   #24
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
My galaxy channel for the first 600-700 ticks or so last round had 30 people in it, among them 1up and Elysium HC (that weren't in the gal). Idimmu organized galraids in the topic, until it started annoying some of the regulars and we moved to another channel.

Last edited by Banned; 21 Apr 2006 at 16:16.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:09   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I announced my planet name pre-round in a public, semi-official PA channel with 40 odd people in it
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 19:31   #26
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

We had our first security breach today when an HC revealed himself to his BP...

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 21:19   #27
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I announced my planet name pre-round in a public, semi-official PA channel with 40 odd people in it
I thought it was lokken all round ;/ you broke my hopes and dreams when "JBG" appeared. EVIL!
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 23:31   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmick
I thought it was lokken all round ;/ you broke my hopes and dreams when "JBG" appeared. EVIL!
I was going to send lokken up for the winning ceremony but unfortunately pateam realised it was me when I messaged everyone in 1.1 with my intricate xp-farming scheme
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 01:27   #29
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

the most effective position to be a spy, rather than intel officer, is clearly a DC

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 01:53   #30
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I change my nick, then I pm people and ask for coords.

Sometimes it works.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 04:18   #31
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

I just buy my coords off ebay.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 07:28   #32
suave

suave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
the most effective position to be a spy, rather than intel officer, is clearly a DC
I nominate a scanner
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 20:22   #33
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
My galaxy channel for the first 600-700 ticks or so last round had 30 people in it, among them 1up and Elysium HC (that wasn't in the gal). Idimmu organized galraids in the topic, until it started annoying some of the regulars and we moved to another channel.
That was the best gal chan ever.
Whenever I came in late or drunk and missed ely targets, I always followed after you lot for free roids.
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 21:02   #34
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I just buy my coords off ebay.
The only people who sell stuff on ebay worship satan.

Do you worship satan?
Unread 20 Apr 2006, 21:13   #35
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
The only people who sell stuff on ebay worship satan.

Do you worship satan?
Its worse he BOUGHT his co ords (not sold) so he must worship....... DAVID ICKE!!!!!
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2006, 08:07   #36
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA

-NitinA
I give in.. it's me... now stop it!
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2006, 09:07   #37
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

alliances do gal raids with 20-30 ppl participating, 1 idiot didnt hide his nick, so everybody "knows" that the other 20-30 participants also are from same ally.
thats how you gather intel these days.
Unread 25 Apr 2006, 13:21   #38
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by shik
alliances do gal raids with 20-30 ppl participating, 1 idiot didnt hide his nick, so everybody "knows" that the other 20-30 participants also are from same ally.
thats how you gather intel these days.
and this is how u gain intel?
Unread 25 Apr 2006, 13:36   #39
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Best way to gain intel imo is by getting some nick throguh members with buddypacks. They report whoever defends theese players. U give theese defenders som incs and see who defends them...keep it going till u got em all.

eventually only people without defpoint stay hidden. This is why Alki is so hard to find :/

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2006, 13:45   #40
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

also there is not best way, there is a string of thinigs you need to do to gain sufficient intel
Unread 25 Apr 2006, 13:51   #41
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shik
*snip*
Nothing to do with the info you passed here just with your sig.

You where NOT right
#multihunters
Unread 25 Apr 2006, 14:31   #42
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
eventually only people without defpoint stay hidden. This is why Alki is so hard to find :/

-Jonas-
I need to spank him hard for this though !!

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 May 2006, 22:43   #43
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Best way to gain intel imo is by getting some nick throguh members with buddypacks. They report whoever defends theese players. U give theese defenders som incs and see who defends them...keep it going till u got em all.

-Jonas-

Alki hard to find?

He's the only person to send mails to "Entire Galaxy", instead of "Entire Alliance", and sign it with his nick that I know of. How hard can it get?

(<3 Alki)

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2006, 23:32   #44
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Alki hard to find?

He's the only person to send mails to "Entire Galaxy", instead of "Entire Alliance", and sign it with his nick that I know of. How hard can it get?

(<3 Alki)
Unfortunatly I did that last round too
Unread 2 May 2006, 00:03   #45
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
In round 12 I was a DC + scanner for LCH, MISTU and Insomnia.

Unfortunately, only MISTU knew this
I got bored after a week
Round 11, despite us telling LCH to scramble co-ords until LT, about 30 minutes after their TP session each day we'd know their target galaxies.

It is very possible in most alliances to work out co-ords - many alliances group by galaxy. MISTU used to randomise roids, score and value, take multiple galaxies. Otherwise you can search for galaxies with ~ that amount of roids / score, with the races mentioned (races are a huge giveaway and very handy on dumps) and so on .. even without it, you can guess down to ~3-4 planets which planet is which.
I believe 1up submit their fleets and get BCs to organise attacks or something, so they have a far lower chance of getting leaks. Otherwise, well, anyone with a bit of time can get it close.
Unread 2 May 2006, 06:10   #46
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Unfortunatly I did that last round too
Think there was a HC of WP that did the same r14
Unread 2 May 2006, 09:52   #47
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Alki hard to find?

(<3 Alki)
:crymeariver:
Unread 3 May 2006, 11:35   #48
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Wrong

Only ppl not haveing a fake nick dont hide. That would only release the def channel too early

Sometimes ppl leak that they are LCH anyways, and dont think smart, In those cases they also do not get a defchannel

Thats the logical explanation.

About the original question: coords leak out pretty fast. Usually, the LCH intel department got 2-5 coords list from ingame form spies within 1-1.5 week. And the galaxy status members give intel dept. give a lot of info too.

And in the case of a not to be mentioned alliance ( ), their defchannel were registered to their HCs :P
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote