User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Oct 2004, 10:31   #1
Spanish

Spanish has a little shameless behaviour in the past
wouldnt this be better ?

Seems to me that the problem is , alot of accounts got started and them abandoned.

Why not ,at tick 73, delete all accounts out of protection and having nine roids or less - this would remove all the dross and then shuffle the remaining free accounts
Spanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 10:40   #2
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: wouldnt this be better ?

I don't think that is the main problem, but it would be wise of them to delete all inactive planets before shuffling.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 11:45   #3
Spanish

Spanish has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hi gerbie was in your gal for a while in 5:2 ;-))
Spanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 13:20   #4
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

inactive will be deleted, if they meet the inactivity thresholds:

72 hours for an account that's never been logged in to
1 week since last login for an account that has.

as the shuffle will be happening at tick 72, this should get rid of a fair few naturally.
past this, inactives will be distributed evenly thoughtout the universe, and therefore will have little effect on gameplay. therefore, it seems pointless deleting those who're not otherwise due to be deleted

-mist
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 15:56   #5
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

why distribute the inactives? i mean fs ... its better to get rid of them :P

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 18:14   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

because, by the game's definition, they're not inactives.

personally, i think anyone who's not logged in between midnight and 3am is inactive. should they delete all of those as well?

-mist
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:43   #7
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
inactive will be deleted, if they meet the inactivity thresholds:

72 hours for an account that's never been logged in to
1 week since last login for an account that has.

-mist
What a ludicrous definition of inactive.

So any player who has created a planet and logged in to see what it looks like will occupy a space in some poor galaxy for at least 4 days after protection ends? Unbelieveable!

And yes - I *have* seen one planet with zero roids which is out of protection and has not been deleted. I'm sure that it won't be the only one.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 19:48   #8
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Well there has been one shuffled into my gal..
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 20:37   #9
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

WAY the go PA team !!!!!!!!! \o/

A m8 got 3 175+ roid planets into his gal and I got 3 shit randoms.

Damn your good at this job...
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 22:40   #10
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

That is usually the definition for inactive in the middle of the round. In the past, inactives were purged much more actively at the start of the round. Because lets face it, if you only log in once or twice in the first 2 days, you are inactive, and if you still have 0-9 roids after 3 days of playing, you should be deleted and stop clogging up the galaxies.

In all fairness, private galaxies should be 5 planets only, no randoms, while random galaxies have 10. You go random, you get more people, but likely less active people, it is a fair trade off, and it avoids much of the luck of the draw, as private galaxies will all be on a level playing field.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 22:59   #11
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
That is usually the definition for inactive in the middle of the round. In the past, inactives were purged much more actively at the start of the round. Because lets face it, if you only log in once or twice in the first 2 days, you are inactive, and if you still have 0-9 roids after 3 days of playing, you should be deleted and stop clogging up the galaxies.

In all fairness, private galaxies should be 5 planets only, no randoms, while random galaxies have 10. You go random, you get more people, but likely less active people, it is a fair trade off, and it avoids much of the luck of the draw, as private galaxies will all be on a level playing field.
I use a sucky free email account for games like this. And it's terribly slow. I got a warning msg that my account would get deleted if I didn't login fast. Sorry, but it's impractical to delete people within 48 hrs.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 10:44   #12
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConrad
WAY the go PA team !!!!!!!!! \o/

A m8 got 3 175+ roid planets into his gal and I got 3 shit randoms.

Damn your good at this job...
this was a random shuffle of all free accounts
this means we had no controll over where we are gonna place who.(random)
this solution was agreed on by all major aliances and we put it to all planetaroin reps.
we all agreed it was the best thing to do.
sorry that some of you didnt get 5 hardcore players but there where no more in the unpayed accounts.

now on deleting inactives.

we cant delete people that have loged in before they become inactive for 7 days
this is done because we dont wanne kill active accounts that for some reson cant acces there account for a couple of days.
the limit was 14 days befor its now 7 days (only on unpayed accounts)

last but not least

i saw that a lot of people blame spinner for the screwup with signing up
agreed this isnt the best option and we could have seen forseen the problem, i think some people in the universe have to look at themselfs for some of the blame.

if you sign up your fifth private account 1 hour for the game starts you cant expect us to have 5 randoms ready for you to get droped in (they have already signup and have been placed)
75 gal did that this round and that created the unbalance.
looking at the way signups went last round we expected the private gals to be fille in days.
we didn't count of you guys waiting untill the last second and that i agree was our mistake.

so we will be thinking about how to make sure this cant happen again and do a better job next time.
i would welcome all suggestions
if you wanne submit one please mail it to : [email protected]

for now we have a game to play so HAPPY ROIDINGS
and good luck
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 11:03   #13
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
this was a random shuffle of all free accounts
this means we had no controll over where we are gonna place who.(random)
And if the distribution occured such as it was described, this was probably the best possible way of doing it.

Quote:
this solution was agreed on by all major aliances and we put it to all planetaroin reps.
Not quite. I agreed that it was the best way to shuffle the universe, but since I was told what the exile/signup placement criterium is, I think that the shuffle problem is secondary.

Quote:
sorry that some of you didnt get 5 hardcore players but there where no more in the unpayed accounts.
This isn't a shuffle issue, this is a screw-up that goes back to the moment signups began. I've made my reasoning here clear several times, so I won't repeat myself.

Quote:
we cant delete people that have loged in before they become inactive for 7 days
this is done because we dont wanne kill active accounts that for some reson cant acces there account for a couple of days.
the limit was 14 days befor its now 7 days (only on unpayed accounts)
I strongly agree. Changing the time to delete accounts is a bad idea.

Quote:
i saw that a lot of people blame spinner for the screwup with signing up
agreed this isnt the best option and we could have seen forseen the problem, i think some people in the universe have to look at themselfs for some of the blame.
You can't be serious. If you'd made all this public then that's one thing, but my galaxy was full more than 24 hours before ticks started and we didn't get a single random. See the aforementioned flaw in exile/signup placement for more information. See Sid's post for another possible solution.

Quote:
if you sign up your fifth private account 1 hour for the game starts you cant expect us to have 5 randoms ready for you to get droped in (they have already signup and have been placed)
75 gal did that this round and that created the unbalance.
Actually we can. Considering that skewed placement has in almost every round resulted in a shuffle, the behavior exhibited this round was unexpected and caused outrage.

Quote:
looking at the way signups went last round we expected the private gals to be fille in days.
we didn't count of you guys waiting untill the last second and that i agree was our mistake.
Weren't private galaxies last round 3 people? If you change one parameter, how can you not expect the outcome to change?

Quote:
so we will be thinking about how to make sure this cant happen again and do a better job next time.
i would welcome all suggestions
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=180814

Quote:
for now we have a game to play so HAPPY ROIDINGS
and good luck
Thanks. But it's annoying that every time I sign up a planetarion account I seem to be having fun despite the best attempts made to ruin it.
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:17   #14
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:

LOL.

Get your facts straight.

Alliance HC was presented by Kal, "we can do this or nothing".

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:28   #15
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Nice to see you know exactly what the alliance reps agreed up on while your not even in that channel.

And btw it was agreed that the free randoms where placed in universe on level of activity and number of roids so it would even out a bit more.

Thats different then 3 150+ roids players in 1 gal and 3 0 roids players in a other.

Plz don't start saying the alliance reps agreed on something you didn't saw for yourself.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:28   #16
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Two questions:

1) Why didnt you plan and announce a universal shuffle for all random planets (payed and free) to be done during protection?

2) Why have you removed the self exile function?
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 13:44   #17
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Two questions:

1) Why didnt you plan and announce a universal shuffle for all random planets (payed and free) to be done during protection?
This suggestion was, what Alliance HC asked them to do to even out the universe.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2004, 21:58   #18
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
This suggestion was, what Alliance HC asked them to do to even out the universe.
After 12 rounds one should assume that they knew by now that a shuffle is ALWAYS needed. I just wonder why the PA team does this to themselves every round....